Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raid On Yinchorr[OS VS Republic]

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Allies: [member="Warok the Defiler"] | [member="Darth Tuk'ata"]
Enemies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"]
Engaging: [member="Draco Vereen"]
And then he was down again, prone only for a few seconds at most, but it more than enough for the Hand needed, really. She'd been prepared this time, and the woman had always been the type of duelist to think quick on her feet. Patterns spelled death in battle, and so she avoided them like the Gulag plague; Vrag would never make the same mistake twice. Then again, the soldier had no way of knowing who he was fighting.

Perhaps he would find forgiveness for his ignorance in the gentle embrace of Netherworld. Perhaps.

The Sith Lord had been ready, and unlike some of her more famous counterparts, Vrag had never experienced the need to gloat or spew forth witty one-liners in combat, which was the sensible thing to do when you were focused on staying alive. So the woman didn't wait, wasting not a second as she brought her blade down upon her opponent, already in the wide measure where her blade could reach him.

The path her lightsaber had to travel was much shorter than the one he had to traverse to point his weapon at her, and the woman was much, much faster. Makashi was known for its accuracy, and Vrag was a devout practitioner of the Form, making her strike even deadlier than it already was. The red blade would come down upon the sizzling jetpack peeking out from behind the massive plating of the armor, and it didn't take an engineer to imagine what the searing heat of her lightsaber would do to the malfunctioning device.

It was doubtful that the man, decked out in heavy armor as he was, could ever outpace her slash in time to turn around and shoot the Sith before her blade connected.

Enemies: Sithspit
Allies: Jedi and My Republic Forces

Jarin had gotten the crap job of watching the lower levels of the barracks in case the Sith tried to engage in tunnel digging. It wasn't until he heard more than thunder come from the ventilation shafts above that Jarin knew that the battle had begun. He weighed his options for only a minute, then he synced the thermal detonators in the hall way to his HUD and activated them, one after another as he made his way past them. Their sensors were trained to detect things coming from below and inward. They were thermal to do as much damage to biologic life as possible while leaving the structure essentially undamaged. He then started climbing his way up to the battle overhead.

(OOC: As I missed the opening sequence I figured it'd take me a second post to reach the battle. I'll do my second post tomorrowish unless a lot of people post tonight.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4​
Enemies: [member="Vrag"] Sith
Allies: Jedi and Republic

She struck out. I almost closed my eyes, but I had to keep my eye on target. I had to do something to her before she finished me off. Heck even a blow to the chest wouldn't kill me instantly, assuming it found purchase. But that's not where she struck, i felt no pain as her blade came down, almost as though I hadn't been struck at all. It took only a fraction of a second to realize what she had done. She had punctured my Jetpack, only a fraction of a second later flames began fulminating from the hole she had caused from fuel, ignited by the heat of the lightsaber. Time seemed to slow down, my arm was still traversing to her direction, pistol in hand finger on the trigger, ready to fire the Dragon's Breath. Just as I about had her in my sights the jetpack detonated in a glorious gout of flame sending me upwards and ejecting burning liquid on myself and the area around me. Almost simple reaction i pulled the trigger, but at this point I didn't even know where the magnesium shards were going, much less care. My back felt like a furnace, and though my armor protected me greatly, it did not seem to be enough. I smashed back into the ground hard, and barely conscious, darkness exploding through my vision, and clouding anything I could see. I could not feel, and I could not react. It was over, I was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7YzEIMuOk​
This is my hamony - I'm here
I lay again - This is the prayer to give
Allies: [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Sabena Shai"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Jarin Eldaro"] | [member="Pratiya"]
Enemies: [member="Vrag"] | [member="Warok the Defiler"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Cylus Jest"] | [member="Raien Keth"] | [member="Darth Tuk'ata"] | [member="Boan Rein"]

The tiny Ewok erupted in his violent fit of rage, snapping his shoto to life and whirling it furiously towards Varus without so much as a grunt in response to their words. Sera's eyes widened as the saber-whip was sent hurtling towards her fellow Jedi with deadly precision. The Twi'lek gave no hesitation, and her hands were cast forward, a powerful blast of Force energy against Varus to tear him out of range of the saber, though hopefully not knocking the man off balance. Though as she turned and maneuvered the Force like a weaving needle and thread, she felt the presence of and caught the momentary view of [member="Vrag"] as the woman squeezed the trigger of her weapon, firing a projectile at high velocity straight towards her. The Jedi prided herself on her speed, grace, and cunning, but even she had her limitations. The Jedi Master braced, and squinted an eye, as if she had felt the pain before the thud bug ever reached her.

Almost instinctively, Sera's body twisted a bit to try and hail mary a dodge, albeit with little success. Then again, a partial hit with one of these monsters was in fact far better than a full on collision. Her left arm felt the impact as if time itself had slowed. The slow tearing of flesh mixed with the sound of compression against her skin as the Nang hul skimmed passed her. A loud shriek of pain poured from her lips while her hand naturally rose up to nurse the injury. That was going to sting for a while. Perhaps the impact caused a sprain, though she couldn't tell, nor had time to really have examined.She had to press on.

Her right hand summoned one of her sabers to her grasp, igniting the blade immediately. Though before she could get her bearings on Vrag, she was gone. She then turned her attention back to [member="Warok the Defiler"], and [member="Darth Tuk'ata"], waiting for their next strike. She had come a long way from her days as a Padawan, and no longer directly engaged until she could feel out her opponent, observe their talents and patterns of combat.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Enemies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"]
Disengaging: [member="Draco Vereen"]
Funny, how time can stretch into infinity on the precipice of the gaping jaws of death, milliseconds dragging by like half-coagulated blood. Slow, syrupy; like the drip drip drip of sizzling fat. She could recall the acrid taste of burning adipose tissue in her mouth, but the days when she was still bothered by it were long past. Now it only brought war and fire to mind, a desaturated kaleidoscope of a thousand different memories that she'd all lived through.

She would live through this too.

As if the lagging reality suddenly realized how late it was, the world came crashing back down, the fuel hissing at the unbearable heat as the flames licked upwards. The time between two flutters of the heart; not even that, but the brief fraction of a second between a systole and diastole, that was all the firrerreo was afforded by the generous hand of the Universe. Would it be enough?

The Hand of the Dark Lord moved with the flow of battle, as she always did, her boots scraping at the harsh ground as she took in a sharp breath. With it, the Force; against herself, against the muscles straining to take her back, to take her away.

Then the fire was there, all around her, its greedy fingers grasping at her armored form as the Sith sent her own body careening backwards, the explosion seething in front of her. Shards, shrapnel, white-hot metal; all of it danced in the roaring heat around her digging into Vonduun wherever it could. Its fangs weren't sharp as they were burning and the sting of scorched skin ran down the length of her spine even as the woman hit the ground a good twenty meters away, skidding through the dirt and rock like misfired shell.

Her teeth were gritted, tainted with copper and salt (hello, my old friend) and the woman lay there for a few long seconds, red and white pulsating behind her closed eyelids. Her body was throbbing with hurt in more places than she could name, grinning at her with a triumphant smile.

If only Vrag weren't so fond of its touch. She chuckled as she dug her elbows into the rough soil of Yinchorr, licking the blood off her lips as she pushed forward onto her knees. With a humorless smile the warrior rose to her feet again, growling at the limp that gripped at her left leg. Ugh. No time to lament, the Jedi were here.

Her hand came up, fingers flexing to call her discarded lightsaber out of the cinder and rubble. The Jedi were here, but so was she.

Darkside Dragon (Dead PM Writers Account)
Mission: Cut him apart.
Engaging: [member="Tracyn"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hihKbFgn0​

Eyes narrowed to focus under the mask, its red artificial light flickering. Battle sense reading the flow and motion of what was ahead. The obvious two choices to take, Raien was singleminded and often predictable, but you still had to stop that prideful certainty from rolling right over you.

Djem So’s pressure, step into the kick and deny its extension, putting him on top of the man to face his opponent's gauntlets in close, or instead what the Betrayer chose to do.

Soresu laced with vaapad, allowing the kick to hit him full force, moving with Tracyn’s momentum to push Raien a step backwards out of grappling range. The pain of the blunt force impact spread across his leg under the durasteel, a light but large bruise forming, pain that was drawn on and used to increase the speed of his response.

Edge of Truth ignited and came up as he moved, upward welds, minor orbits. From low, going upward in Soresu, aiming for Tracyn’s outstretched knee at first. Left leg moving forward, angling his body forty five degrees to present less of a target, the beam moved fully around tight to Raien’s left shoulder to form a guard. With a minimal movement of his hips he rolled his saber over, orbiting Edge of Truth the opposite way, attacking from Tracyn’s right shoulder, down to his left hip.

Tracyn’s knee, his right shoulder and his left hip, any outstretched limbs gone for in one fluid move. Tight Soresu but with lethal application, seeking joints, crippling light cuts or incapacitating hits. Tracyn may be holding back, but Raien was simply going to cut him to pieces if he didn’t counter. It took the most grounded Jedi to remain a Jedi when you fought Raien Keth, because he pushed them all to the edge and often over it.

The pressure of his focus deepened on his opponent, “then your death, or the padawans you guard, may yet have meaning.” Tracyn may carry Raien's people’s experience in his fighting style, since his sleep he had grown hungry for answers as to the Echani’s place in the order of the galaxy. Unfortunately for every single living Echani in existence… he was interested in them.

Major and Minor Orbits for anyone not used to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ST85Sui43Q​

Allies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Sabena Shai"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Jarin Eldaro"] | [member="Pratiya"]
Enemies: [member="Vrag"] | [member="Warok the Defiler"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Cylus Jest"] | [member="Raien Keth"] | [member="Darth Tuk'ata"] | [member="Boan Rein"]

Varus had allowed his eyes to slant to a close in preparation for the inevitable fight. He'd been meditating in the storm for hours waiting for this moment, knowing that sometime along the course of that day he would need to be as prepared as possible. The advantage to such precautions were had been numerous, though perhaps the most important one had been that he would be able to slip into his Force Valor state with ease, enhancing his connection to the force, as well as his strength, speed and awareness. It was an incredible ability that he'd relied on many times since having learned it from Corvus Raaf, but perhaps the most exciting thing about it was that he hadn't even fully mastered it. There was much more to learn about this ability, and though he was no master of it yet, he was a well known practitioner of the technique among the Jedi.

A moment before the whip-like weapon was upon him, Varus' left hand snapped to his belt and in a blur was ignited and raised, but before he could follow through with his plan to thwart the tiny teddy bear he was tugged by the force from an unexpected source. Sera herself had snatched him away from the place he'd once been standing and tossed him about ten yards back, clearing him of the weapon and telling Varus that she was a bit too concerned for his well being in that moment. This was new to him, as he hadn't wanted to grow such attachments with anyone, having worked so well alone in his time as a Jedi, but there was something endearing about her efforts, he would admit.

Landing with a thud and rolling from his back right back up to his feet, Varus whispered to himself as he pushed back upright. "Alright then...", still a bit surprised at Sera's efforts to keep him out of the way of harm. That he didn't focus on for now, though, for as he opened his eyes he was fully immersed in the state of Force Valor, once blue eyes now opening and revealing a deep sapphire veil over them. His mind was calm, his body was enthralled by adrenaline and the force, and his heart would now guide him in this fight.

Slowly and smoothly Varus shifted the saber in his left hand to his right, holding it tightly as he examined the vibrant, violet color that pulsed from it. The very next second, though, he was gone from the spot, his form vanishing in a display of extreme speed, a plume of dust spraying towards the arena wall that had been behind him a few moments later. When he appeared again, he was literally hovering behind the Ewok Sith, either of his feet gently lowering to the ground as he dug in to the dirt below and torqued his midsection to the right, his right arm following through with a swift swing at the neck, intent on lopping off the demented little toy's head.

Enemy Engaged: [member="Varus Shatterstar"]
Surrounding Enemies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Draco Vereen"]
Allies: [member="Darth Tuk'ata"] | [member="Vrag"]

Well, the human couldn't have been meditating all that hard now, could he? All that effort to flirt with Seraphina. All that playful banter required at least a modicum of concentration. Maybe a Jedi Master could hold a conversation while meditating, but a Knight? Probably not.

Then again, if he could that just meant that Warok's next actions really weren't all that far-fetched.

You see, however swift the blond fellow might be, one did not have to be all that fast to counter. In fact, Warok barely moved at all. While Varus jumped over his head, Warok shifted, pivoting slightly so that his body was at a right angle to where the Jedi would land. The chain-whip lightsaber was still fully extended and currently lay uselessly on the ground. It would be a futile effort to try and lash it around.

Instead, Warok merely raised his left arm and blocked the incoming blow on one of his aforementioned gauntlets. The durasteel-cortosis weave held against the cutting force of the plasma blade.

The Ewok then glanced briefly into the swollen skies, and called upon the spirits of nature. He sought out a storm spirit and bound it, then worked nature to his will.

A sudden jagged bolt of lightning crashed down toward Varus Shatterstar, like a lance from the heavens.

Blessed are the peacemakers
Objective: Teach.
Enemies: [member="Raien Keth"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSe4oXluWrc​

Soresu. Out-stretched limbs. Typical moves. Tracyn wasn't expecting anything more, but nothing less. But what the Sith was not accounting for, was Tracyn's speed. He had time to develop it, initially. And all he had to do, was retract his leg, avoiding the Sith's predictable arc with the blade. Tracyn's orange, Solari-infused blade sprang to life after the Sith came in for the attack. The hilt was tossed into the air, the orange blade rotating between the two opponents for the spaces between seconds. To the Sith, it would appear as just a fan- but to Tracyn, it was moving slowly. He was reacting faster, moving faster, than the Sith. Physical enhancement with the force was his specialty. Was what he was good at. His left hand grabbed his rotating hilt, turning the blade to face outwards, and his right hand moved in front of the Sith's blade. The crimson blade arced along the micronized Beskar. Tracyn stared at the Sith, the force flowing through the older Jedi Knight.

"You are attempting to push me, to make me go to a darker place. But there is something you should know of me, Sith."

His left arm flared with the force. He felt it coursing through him, like a creek that turned into a river. He breathed, but did not lose focus. His left hand, still holding the lightsaber, and with the other, holding the Sith's blade that attempted to make a stab at his shoulder.

"I have been to that darkness. To that rage. And I have come back, because I found it better to have clarity. As you may have."

He outstretched his hand, still holding onto the hilt of his lightsaber with his thumb. The force coiled through his left arm, and outwards from his hand. He shaped the force around him, into a powerful, precise force burst directly at the Sith's chest. To say that it would be painful, would be an understatement.

"I sense great pain and loss. But not from myself. But from you. Why do you fight me, Sith? What do you seek to gain?"

Allies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Sabena Shai"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Jarin Eldaro"] | [member="Pratiya"]

Varus rather enjoyed meditating through the rain, as if his very own heart and soul were connected somehow to the foul weather that Mother Nature sometimes produced. He's been meditating for hours before he'd sensed Seraphina and sought her out, always prepared for a fight, especially when the force was warning him of darkness on the horizon. That day it had come in full force, an invisible mist of the dark side presence soaking the planet so thick he could have choked on it. It was stifling, but with Seraphina and the others planet side, there was clearly still light in the darkness. Beacons of the brighter side of the force still resonated brightly despite the impeding shadows.

What Varus could not understand, for the force of him, was how a 100 pound miniature bear was able to withstand a force enhanced blow from a 200 pound Jedi who was practicing his Force Valor ability. He had, at the very least, expected that the tiny creature would be thrown off balance, though he'd really assumed it would send him tumbling head over heels across the arena like a gymnast. It seemed that he'd been wrong, however, as the creature stood unmoved by the powerful blow as if he was a dense block of metal just waiting to be struck. It was clear that at first he had greatly underestimated the ability and raw power of the tiny creature who had proven incredibly resilient and stable.

The second he realized that his attack had been thwarted so simply, Varus dashed backwards, hoping to have a moment to rethink his plan of attack with such an incredible and surprising foe. When he landed, though, he noticed the Ewok glance at the skies above, and when he had, the force set his skin electric, warning him of forthcoming danger. In a blur of motion, Varus reached for his second saber and ignited it, glancing up to the skies himself. He raised both blades as he saw a burst of light, surprised by a bolt of lightning that rushed down from the skies above heading right for him. All he'd had time to do was cross either of his sabers above his head, catching the electric bolt against his violet blades as a violent clack burst through the air, ringing his ears.

Sparks rained down around him as lashes of blue light reached out and popped at the rain soaked dirt, snapping the ground and raising plumes of dust that had been immediately dried by the heat of the violent blue darts of energy that had struck at random. When it was done, Varus remained kneeling, lowering his blades to either side, kneeling there, heat rising in the form of smoke from his shoulders and back as his eyes, veiled by a bluish-white color bore down on the tiny Sith.

Darkside Dragon (Dead PM Writers Account)
Mission: Loathe and Crush Weakness, Learn of the Galaxy!
Engaging: [member="Tracyn"]

Internal focus. Loathing of his own weaknesses more than any opponent could ever bring forth, [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] still held his force enhancement in her chest, and [member="Kei Amadis"] his force barrier, both techniques were of little use to him till their crystals were returned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06H_6oI4EK4​

Do what he always did when faced with a challenge, dig deeper, find something else.

Catching his saber, that was new. The saber was deactivated, and it came free. Turned from dark places, “then you deny what you could be. Holding back.”

Stepping forward, old gladiator techniques, the betrayer's metal mask went for a brutal head-butt, aiming straight at Tracyn’s nose, his heavy metal boot coming down to stomp and try to crush whatever bones were reachable in his opponent's closest foot. That was about the time the balling force energy hit him straight in the chest. Durasteel spread the pain outward rather than focus it, re-fracturing old wounds across Raien’s pectorals.

Going with the momentum given to him, it shoved him back, skidding a few feet, metal boots clawing for grip against the rubble to push back. The galaxy had a lot of new techniques to show Raien Keth. Behind his mask, his eyes further narrowed to slits, watching and learning every single one. Like it or not Tracyn was communicating this to his Echani eyes as they fought, as Jedi always did, and it would only grow Sith strength.

“Clarity comes when you become everything you’ve run from, Jedi.” In the death throes of your enemies, enduring the darkness, then becoming it through the trials you faced. Jedi might think they understood what a Sith was, but in truth all they had done was taste what they could be, and run when they saw their potential. At least to Raien Keth’s self absorbed mind!

Force resonate.

Distance between them once again, denying his opponent's strengths. Rubble would begin to speed up, resonating faster and faster until it exploded outward into shards. The explosive force manipulated and thrown, mostly stone, some metal, scything projectiles came toward his opponent. Some angles would be predictable, some would cut wildly if reflected, and others would simply miss. One common trait to every move, maximum lethality, nothing held back.

“Gain? Your death will suffice. You betray to me even now what I need to see” The method or manner wasn’t important, Tracyn wasn’t fighting someone who had something to prove, a mere fledgling or acolyte, he was in the Betrayer’s way, and that was enough. Learning of the galaxy since his sleep was a benefit!

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Enemies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]
Engaging: [member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Awareness in battle is one of the things that ultimately makes a difference between life and death. No matter how skilled the fighter, how resilient and strong, if they do not keep track of the enemy, all their expertise is wasted because they never see the blow coming. Now, the Jedi — and the Sith as well, let's not discriminate here — mostly grew to rely on space-magic to guide them; surely a great boon in combat, all the more pronounced in those who devoted all their time and practice to immerse themselves in the Force.

Problem was, of course, that such utter and complete dedication to said method of awareness put one at a grave disadvantage when the enemy was… well, to claim that she was a hole in the Force would probably cause an outrage, but she was certainly not the most obvious of opponents. And engaged as her targets were with her favorite ewok Sith — the unfortunate consequence of Warok being the only ewok Sith she knew — it was unlikely that they would be busy looking in the direction of the smoke, detritus and fire that was the battlefield of Vrag and [member="Draco Vereen"].

The firrerreo, on the other hand — or is that Hand? — hadn't been trained in the ways of the glorious space-magic since birth, and while that had closed off many paths to the woman, it also meant that she was far better at utilizing the more… plebeian of senses that her Jedi opponents might find underdeveloped. Pity.

The hilt of her unignited lightsaber rested firm in her grip as Vrag approached through plumes of gray, acrid smoke, the dark Vonduun blending nicely with the shadowy backdrop of the ruined Academy. It wasn't exactly the heroic swagger one might expect from a Michael Bay movie — and she'd missed the explosion anyway — for the Sith was far too fond of efficacy to show off in such unnecessary and potentially time-consuming ways.

Instead her free left hand shot out mid-stride as she aimed to grab the head of the kneeling Jedi and slam him painfully into the harsh ground behind him. Focused as he was on the furry monster, it was highly unlikely he'd ever see her coming. And even so; what could he possibly do to stop her? Flanking an opponent may be considered dirty fighting by many, but in the pursuit of efficiency, pesky concepts like honor and valor simply have to be sacrificed.

Hopefully the ewok would know to exploit an opportunity when he saw one.

Location: Yinchorr; Royal Guard Academy - Doorway from Barracks to the Battle Arena
Allies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Sabena Shai"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="varus shatterstar"] | [member="Pratiya"]

While he wanted to get into the battle, Karin knew better than to run headlong into the fray, particularly when karking wizards were involved. Instead, he moved quickly and checked the corners of every room between his former position and the battle. Satisfied that no surprises waited in the barracks, he made it to the doorway in time to see a violet blade wielding Jedi deflect a gorram lightning bolt and not become a fried pickle chip.

Karin knelt in the doorway and surveyed the scene, only the Jedi, a bear wielding a lightsaber on a chain and a form in strange armor were visible in his HUDs tissue of view. The male Jedi seemed to not notice the armored form approaching him, understandable after deflecting a lightning bolt. Without a second thought, Jarin raised his rifle to his shoulder, placed a bead on Vrag and depressed the firing stud. He sent a pair of three round bursts towards her center mass and a third burst toward her head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAVhm3BqI​
In a coat of gold, a coat of red,
a lion still has claws.
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
Allies: [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Sabena Shai"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Jarin Eldaro"] | [member="Pratiya"]
Flash. Bang. With a matter of seconds passing over the arena, explosions and gunshots could be heard ringing out near the entrance to the arena where [member="Vrag"] had fired at Sera from cover. It appeared that she had engaged someone else. Who though? She couldn't be sure. She had told [member="Draco Vereen"] to keep low and gather intel, so she had hoped he was alright. It was impossible for her to identify who she was from the distance she was at when firing the thud bug, but one thing she was certain of, was that this wasn't some ordinary One Sith soldier, but in fact, an actual Sith Lord. The dark side crept over the arena like a rolling fog. Dense, and suffocating. And in true Sith fashion, an exchange of meaningful dialogue was not to be had, only pain, misery, and death.

Oh, but misery sure loves company, doesn't it? Another instant would pass and [member="Varus Shatterstar"] had fully engaged [member="Warok the Defiler"]. A magnificent bolt of lightning cascaded down from the heavens towards Varus, though he managed to seemingly divert most of the energy safely away, much to her relief. With her own lightsaber readied and ignited she glanced at [member="Darth Tuk'ata"], before that same familiar darkness from just before slithered back into her consciousness. Her eyes darted to the side where [member="Vrag"] had reemerged and made a brazen attempt to lock her grip on to her friend and fellow knight.

As the Sith woman moved to take hold of Varus, seemingly ignoring the Jedi Master only a handful of meters away, Sera snarled, throwing herself into a Force enhanced charge to close the distance at a terrifyingly fast pace with the sole intent to collide her body against the woman, transferring the kinetic energy from body to body, hopefully knocking Vrag both back and away from the other combatants, and if she was lucky, knocking the Sith woman to the ground with Sera on top of her. The plan afterwards? She had none. The intent was only to spare Varus from having to deal with two wretched Sith at once.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Enemies: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Jarin Eldaro"]
Whatever it was that happened to the kneeling Jedi — or didn't, seeing as how many people at once rushed in to stop her — Vrag didn't linger around to see it, for she was far too busy dealing with two separate threats that popped up once she attempted to slam the guy into the ground. Such sensitive creatures, these Jedi; quite annoying, really. All she'd wanted to do was level the playing field a bit, seeing as the looming juggernaut of a man was clearly too powerful and valiant for the murderous little teddy bear.

Which is why, naturally, he needed the pink Jedi to save his manly behind again.

The twi'lek came rushing at her before Vrag could really do anything else but utter half an expletive, and then the Jedi was upon her, sending them both tumbling towards the rough ground below. Now, here we see another of the many benefits to wearing plate armor; or, more specifically, Vonduun plate armor. Skerr Kyrric is a creature fabled for its protective qualities, especially the durability and hardness of its chitin — the very thing covering the Sith at the moment — and, last but not least, its many spikes.

Why someone thought it was a good idea to throw themselves at all that while in full sprint, and enhanced by the Force nonetheless, was anybody's guess, but it's what happened, word for word. Vrag would shrug cluelessly if she could, but the firrerreo was too busy getting tackled at the moment to really do anything else.

The harsh terrain of Yinchorr welcomed her back with open arms as the woman hit the red rock, using the momentum so graciously transferred to her by the Jedi to try and kick the annoying pink menace off of her, adding to the motion with a small Force pull. Nothing major, you understand, just to yank the Jedi close enough to bury her Vonduun-clad boots into whichever body part she found first. Most likely the abdomen, or maybe the pelvis or the thighs; didn't really matter, though, so long as she managed to throw her off.

In the meantime, the scuffling pair were being shot at, courtesy of some over-eager Republic soldier, most likely. Now, the Hand of the Dark Lord didn't really care for the bolts, decked out in armor as she was, but the twi'lek ramming her? Oh, the robe-wearing Jedi had a myriad of problems to worry about. Bone fractures? Check. Ruptured organs? Not impossible. Blaster burns? Most definitely. Not that the Sith minded her newly-acquired live shield, but Vrag was certainly surprised by the kindness extended to her by the Jedi in doing so.

Then again, you could never know with these code-following zealots, could you? The Force works in mysterious ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzwfWNh9qqM​
Through black and blue
Through thick and thin
It takes much more to break this skin
When you need to protect someone, speed and time are of the essence. There was little time to try risking any of that fancy space magic to intervene on a Sith wearing some freakish living crabby patty armor that likely had some kind of voodoo tech embedded into it to protect it from nearly everything one could imagine. No, good old fashion kinetic energy would have to suffice. As the two sandwiched like an oreo, colliding light and dark, they toppled end over end atop of one another. With adrenaline coursing through her veins the Twi'lek felt the initial impact as if it were of little significance. That would most certainly change for the worse in the coming moments, but for now, her body was acting with a surge of neurosis.

Sera had landed atop of the Sith, though [member="Vrag"] had her own surprises in store despite the brief moment of caution she took to avoid the pointy bits protruding from the sides of the armor. Her feet dug into the Jedi's stomach, and though Seraphina made a move to reach down and grapple the woman it was entirely futile, and she was launched airborne at the behest of the strength behind the force used to lift her up and throw her over like a catapult. As her mouth gaped open to exhale a pained breath the Force warned her like an air raid alarm that a burst of blaster fire had been unleashed at either her, or the Sith, she wasn't entirely sure, but she knew that her position was bad.

As she followed through with the aerial launch her right hand called her saber from its' place and reignited. Listening to the Force and allowing it to guide her, rather than her eyes, she slashed against the bolts to deflect them away from herself, and unfortunately Vrag as well. With a twist of her body she landed in a crouched position, her saber crossed in front of her, facing the Sith woman. A few pained and nerve racked gasps of air poured from her before she had the resolve to stand back up. Sera's eyes glared directly at Vrag, only momentarily adjusting to check on [member="Varus Shatterstar"], while her left arm appeared noticeably limp.

Battle Arena

Unfortunately for Warok's two hundred pound foe, not only did Warok have a lower center of gravity and a 'shocking resilience,' he also had those silly little gauntlets. So while, yes, his arm did hurt rather severely and seemed to have been nearly pulled from its socket, Warok was still standing. Very disappointing, no doubt in the same way that a massive Corellian human would be disappointed that his pugilist prowess didn't knock a 120 pound Atrisian "sick man" over.

But such is life.

Speaking of life, or rather ending lives, Warok watched as the human Jedi blocked the lightning and then proceeded to glare at him, all very menacing and scary-like. Sadly, Jedi on the whole aren't all that frightening. Maybe it's because, unlike Sith, they didn't peel the flesh from the bones of defeated foes.

Or eat people.

Warok ate people. Ewoks do that, you know.

He used the ample time provided by the lightning bolt to set the chain whip lightsaber back into motion. The weapon spun into a blur, rain spattering off it.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"] had to deal with the impending threat of [member="Vrag"] stepping in to slam his skull into the pavement, even though [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] and [member="Draco Vereen"] moved to stop the Sith lady.

As Warok idly stepped forward and waved a hand, binding rain spirits that fell around the human Jedi, he wondered what [member="Darth Tuk'ata"] was going to do. Then he realized he really didn't care, shrugged, and finished his casting.

Power surged from Warok and the rain-soaked ground beneath Varus abruptly turned to a larger-smaller patch of ice at the exact same time that Warok whipped his chain whip saber through the air toward Varus' midsection.

J3C0

J
Allies: The Sith, [member="Vrag"]
Enemies: The Republic/Jedi

“Admiral.”

Her head snapped to the side as one of the ensigns spoke. Her ears were slightly perked, her light blue eyes shifting to where the voice was. Her face had that same stern expression, her lips thin and her cheekbones high. The Ensign seemed to flinch slightly as her gaze turned towards him, weary of upsetting her for fear of being taken off the bridge, or worse.

“It seems the storm is getting worse. Soon we won't be able to retrieve the dropships.”

Boan frowned slightly.

They had been getting scattered reports of the Jedi and Sith engaging one another in the academy, a few of her Storm Commandos had seen action as well as they went about retrieving what they were here to retrieve. The Jedi hardly concerned her, they were after all on the losing side of the war. Yet the idea of leaving sooner than expected was not pleasant, of course staying later would only allow the Republic reinforcements more time.

It was a tough decision, but one that she would have to make.

“How fare the Sith?” Boan asked the ensign.

“Well Admiral, but they will require more time. I'm afraid that the site will be lost if the objective isn't soon completed.”

For a few seconds the Vice-Admiral simply stared at the ensign, as if considering.

“Ma'am. Protocol 12?”

For a few moments Boan against looked at the young man. That fact that he would suggest such a thing was more than enough reason to keep him on her bridge, the fact that he suggested it so openly and brazenly meant that he would likely see a promotion soon.

“No.” She finally said. “Give them more time, for now.”

Perhaps she would regret that decisions later.

A green lightsaber ignited. A light verdant hue washed over [member="Tracyn"] and [member="Raien Keth"]. Sabena held this lightsaber and stood a few meters away from the two combatants. This woman was one of the Padawans that Raien sought to steal away.

Comrade!” shouted Sabena to Tracyn.

Pebbles and debris floated in front of Sabena. Her left hand was raised up to chest-height - her palm facing up as if holding something. Then, the woman lowered her left hand. Just as she did, the shards stone and metal before her fell to the ground.

Another lightsaber - this one of odd design - rested on the left side of Sabena’s hip. She sported a simple, tan tunic befitting of a Jedi. A braid of blonde hair hanging from the right side of her head signified her rank as a Padawan.

Even with the sudden advantage in numbers though, Sabena resisted the apparent temptation to leap into the fight. She appeared to understand that failure to coordinate with her brother-in-arms would result in her death - and thus waited for his lead.

The fight quickly began. Missiles flew through the air - forcing Tuk’ata to be quick on his feet. A few no-name Jedi tried to take him down - yet they were quickly taken care of.

Soon after taking care of the distractions, Tuk’ata turned his attention back to the premier fight - which included [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"], [member="Varus Shatterstar"], and [member="Draco Vereen"] versus [member="Vrag"] and [member="Warok the Defiler"].

The Hound’s eyes glanced at Seraphina. In a hurry, he rushed toward the intense bought between the Twi’lek and Hand. He was swiftly approaching striking distance.

Yet the only thing the Hound had the ability to do in the time given was to stretch out his left arm. His right hand was enough to keep a tight grip on his double-bladed lightsaber.

Mud still remained all over the Battle Arena from the recent rain. While it did not seem to affect the footing of the combatants at all moments, Tuk’ata saw an opportunity to exploit the environment.

As his left hand stretched forth, Darth Tuk’ata called on the Force - and it beckoned his call. Using telekinesis, a mass of mud and dirt leaped from the ground in front of Seraphina as she turned to Varus. The potentially distracting and visually debilitating blast threatened to splash on the Jedi Master’s face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom