Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Purrgil Paradox | NJO Padawans

So is my mom. She’s imprisoned in Azrael Asylum.

"She is?"

Although I know in my case, killing my parents wouldn’t make a difference. My mom’s come back from the dead before.

"She was?" The similarities were indeed uncanny, and frankly so were the differences. Eloise spoke so casually of her mother's resurrection. Resh hadn't seen anything quite like that in his time with the cult, unless one considered the cloning of Darth Bael to fit that criteria.

"The Jedi did." He said, "Varick wanted me to do it, by then. He seemed to think it would bring me closer to who I was— Who he wanted me to be." Resh didn't want that. But in the moment he had been blinded by the anger of betrayal. And the lure of the dark side. It came easily. He was afraid of that.

Resh seemed shocked that her mother had cheated death. “Yeah. It’s more common than you might think, especially among Sith. Not to mention really, really annoying.” She shrugged. “I don’t remember all the details, but I know she got caught in an explosion the first time, then stabbed through the heart, then bisected at the waist. She switched to a clone body a long time ago.

The explanation of who Varick was allowed her to put the pieces together. “Yep, sounds about right.” “Give in to your anger” was a classic Sith mantra. “I guess it depends on the circumstances. He was unarmed and defenseless when he tried to get you to strike him down, wasn’t he?

How did they get into such heavy topics during a silly field trip? Eloise didn’t think she’d ever talked to anyone this much in her life, and certainly not with this much depth. Only her twin brother Marcus came close to this level of confidant.

She decided to pop the question. “Resh, uh… Do you want to hang out again sometime?

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

"It's chaos, but it is nice. .. And you?"

He could tell there was no good answer to the question. Just by how she spoke, the words she used, he could see that she didn't have that kind of family.

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

Frequently Anni dreamt what it would be like to have parents — being able to share problems, gleen knowledge from them, and be comforted after a long day. She smiled sheepishly at Aris as the shine in her eyes seemed to dim and gloss over a bit. “I uh — my family, is — dead. In a Qiilura we have have Clans — which are sects of families, some more important and older than others… I am the last of the Kaohal Clan.” She tried her best to hide the grief and the embarrassment she felt as she spoke. “To my knowledge, my mother has passed, and based on the note that was left with me — she left me at the Enclave because she didn’t want me.” What a mood killer Anneliese thought inwardly, but there was no tiptoeing around the answer. “I’m sorry.”

GADividerPurple.png

Ah. That was about the answer Aris had expected, though he wasn't sure what to say or do with the information. A lot of Jedi didn't know their family. Orphans, usually, from what he'd learned. Vera and him were incredibly lucky to say the least. Though, watching her expression fall and to hear her apologize of all things had him tilt his head.

"You've nothing to apologize for, though? I'm not really sure what to say, but that doesn't mean you have to apologize."

Anneliese Anneliese

VVVDHjr.png

PADAWANS & PURRGILS
THE BEAN BRIGADE @ BARDOTTA
ABOARD THE REDWIND IN ATMO
Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Tevan Losh Tevan Losh
VO1a9vo.png

He had opened the notepad to a blank page, and had his pencil poised at the ready, the representations of purrgils in captured images swimming to the front of his thoughts, preparing him to recognise them when… “There…you… are!” He hissed, his words swept away somewhat by the air currents the movements of the purrgils made, once again emerging from the clouds, coming up in the rising and dipping they were programmed by nature to do. Immediately he was putting them down in graphite, just making a quick sketch of this part of the overall pod with enough detail to discern what the picture was of, and that he could refine to greater detail with this fresh memory he was now making, and for as long as they would remain in his field of view.

"...sit with you?"

So fixed on his task was Toby, that he almost didn’t notice when the other padawans came back around to him, trailing a couple more along with them, only catching the end of her ask, but enough that he could infer the rest. Mind, he was a touch dumbstruck as he turned to the source of the voice, when the first face he saw was the almost auburn-haired girl he’d appeared to have just scared off. His blue eyes flicked to Loomi, peeking over the girl’s shoulder, then in the periphery, he saw another girl with chin-length, soft looking brown hair embroiled in her excitement over the purrgils...

"I think that one is a girl!"

...just as another guy approached her, cutting in before Toby could even begin to summon an answer himself, but strangely enough... the Corellian couldn't bring himself to, anyway.

"I also have snacks, if you'd like some?"

Toby’s head and eyes snapped back to the girl, his eyes widening nigh-imperceptibly at the colourful orbs looking back at him - [ what the… ] - but the surprise was in passing as he slowly set his notepad in his lap and his focus fully clicked over, the tumult of his recently provoked self-doubt clawing at him, doing a fair job of cautioning him as he searched for what to say. Toby swallowed, suddenly a bit nervous.

“Ah…” he blinked a few times, trying on a smile that didn’t quite want to stick, then held out his pencil hand, palm up, in a gesture to the blank span of the bench alongside him, “...please!” Then finally that unsure smile coalesced into place, and he looked to his Godoan friend again, “Hey, Loomi.”

And a rueful greeting, it was. Toby glanced down at his unfinished drawing, then back to the others as they settled in. His nerves prompted him to speak, while his doubt tried to restrain him into letting someone else take the lead. His nerves won out rather quickly.

“So, ah… how’s…” He grabbed onto the feeling of how it felt when his father would ask this same question, and encourage his progress when he was a kid, letting the security of it push him onward, “...how are your drawings coming along?”

A careful, perhaps hopeful query. Trying again.

Last edited:
"Oh." Was all Resh could really think to say. Eloise's mother had a… colorful history, it seemed, "Sounds annoying." Their relationship sounded equally colorful. By Eloise's own admission, her childhood had been wonderful, but now that she had seen the truth buried underneath it all, she could only describe the process by the nuisances it created.

Resh reflected back on the day he was taken into the Order. Varick had always been a stern tutor, but that sternness was accompanied by reverence and obsequiousness. A give and take dichotomy that left Resh eternally confused and conflicted. Perhaps such methods of the cult had undermined their own results. But on that day, Varick dropped all pretense, admitting the boy was just another failed experiment, sticking a knife near the pureblood's throat with crazed, bloody conviction in his eyes. "…I don't know about unarmed, but..." Resh could recall the feeling of his own power darkening, and surging. The snap of Varick's arm, then lifting his body like a rag doll, about to deliver the killing blow, "Pretty much. Yeah."

There was a long pause after that. Resh didn't quite look at Eloise, instead awkwardly flitting his gaze between his now slightly marred drawing, and the purrgills still floating past the deck. Suddenly, she spoke up, asking if he was interested in hanging out more. The pureblood blinked, his mouth hanging open ever so slightly in confusion, "Hang out?" He blinked again, which pulled him out of his stupor, "…S-sure."

When Resh initially gave an ambiguous answer about Varick, Eloise looked at him a little funny. But then he more or less confirmed her suspicions. She could even picture it in her head—probably the guy attacked, was easily disarmed, and then tried to goad him into a finishing blow.

There was something else, though. “If you stay here, you’re going to have to start killing people eventually,” she said. There was a hint of her cavalier attitude in her tone, but it was more serious than joking. She’d been shocked by how many people joined the Jedi apparently thinking they were pacifist monks. She had joined expecting to become a knight—a warrior governed by a code of ethics, but a warrior nonetheless.

Resh probably knew that, even if only subconsciously. He may not have had a chance to confront it, though.

He seemed a bit taken aback by her question, but agreed. She smiled. “Cool.” Not much else to say, right? At least, she couldn’t think of anything. So she just sat there and watched the purrgils float by.

Resh was caught off guard still by Eloise's forwardness. Deep down he understood that it was not only a possibility, but a likelihood. He even had a lightsaber; It's not exactly like those were used for arts and crafts. "Not necessarily," There were Jedi who took noncombat roles, and depending on one's assignments in those roles, the chances of engaging an enemy could be minimized. But never nullified. It was the lot of the Jedi— There would always be those who wanted to challenge them, "But… probably."

Likely or not, it was about his ability to control himself, should the time come. And back then, with Varick, he knew he almost certainly would have succumbed had he gone through with it.

Resh just looked at Eloise again, and nodded back, "Cool." With his drawing done (if marred), the pureblood simply continued to watch the whales float by.

wb1.png

TAGS:
@open
alexboarder.png

Braze stood in silence, his presence almost like a pale shadow at the edge of the group. The suggestion that he should learn about the strange space whales, supposedly for his enrichment, hung heavily in the air. He felt out of place, his desire to be anywhere but here was immense. Dressed in layers of dark attire, each garment seemed to mirror the layers of his guarded emotions.

His focus was inward, intensely concentrated on maintaining his mental shields. It was a struggle, especially to keep them up against Loomi, a task that demanded every ounce of his will. His fingers tugged at his gloves, ensuring a snug fit, a physical manifestation of his need for control. He adjusted his cloaked scarf around his neck, pulling the edges of his fur-lined hood closer, as if trying to shield himself from more than just the elements.

Braze kept himself mostly isolated from the group, pacing restlessly, a lone figure tracing his own uncertain path. His movements were sporadic, betraying an underlying restlessness. Yet, his ears were tuned to the conversations around him, picking up fragments of dialogue and, more intrusively, the emotional undercurrents of each speaker.

The emotions of others washed over him like relentless, subtle waves, each ripple echoing in his mind, leaving him more exposed, more raw, more agitated with each passing moment. It was a constant battle, feeling the surge of others' sentiments – a relentless, small disturbance, like ripples in a vast pond, spreading outwards.

With every wave of emotion that brushed against him, Braze felt his own sensitivity heighten, his feelings becoming increasingly frayed and raw. Clinging to his mental defenses, he fought to keep his own emotions tightly reined in, his mental shields fortified against the ceaseless tide. It was a battle of wills, within and without, as he struggled to maintain his composure in a sea of unbidden feelings.

Last edited:

Aris Noble Aris Noble

He was right she thought inwardly, she did apologize too much, and for things that necessarily were not her fault… but the looming and pressing guilt she often felt caused her to feel responsible, feel somehow she wasn’t adequate enough for others.

“Well — I guess I have to agree with you, I don’t know what to say either, other than I’ve enjoyed talking with you. I didn’t have very many friends at my former Enclave and honestly I think this is the longest conversation I’ve had with a fellow Padawan. How’s your sketch coming along Aris?” Anneliese asked as she raised slightly on her tip toes as her eyes drifted over to his pad.

GADividerPurple.png

"That's odd. I like talking with you." Why would anyone not like talking to her? Maybe the Enclave she came from was just more standoffish than what he was used to. He shrugged mentally. Whatever the case, she was here now, and he certainly wasn't going to make her feel unwelcomed. Though his expression soured as he glanced to his very, very poorly drawn yet still anatomically correct drawing of a Purrgil.

"Vera is the artist." That was his excuse. "I am not."

Anneliese Anneliese

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Observe Purrgills
Loadout: here
Objective: Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Toby Perris Toby Perris Anneliese Anneliese Resh Resh Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau Tevan Losh Tevan Losh

"Hi Tevan, future padawan, I'm Fallon, also hoping to convince some poor Jedi to deal with me." she laughed as she introduced herself "You know, I thought that last one was a girl because it looks a little bit like the whales back home right before they calf, but they might not even breed the same" she gestured to its distended abdomen, but Tevan was right, they might mate completely differently. She paused for a few seconds as she read up on the purrgills via her implant. "Hmm, not a lot of information on that subject, suspected to be mammalian though." she shrugged and looked at the guy she was talking too.

"Your older than most of the padawans, how come you are looking for training so late?" it was a little rude, but it was a legitimate curiosity as the guy looked at least twenty years old, she had been training since she was a small child and she knew the noble twins were in their very early teens too.

"They definitely look like mammals but it'll be hard to confirm unless one of them feels like demonstrating a live birth to us." he let out an awkward laugh at his own comment, though he grew more serious when he heard her next question, he'd forgotten how blunt kids could

"I'm a special case I guess, I was trained in the Outer Rim by an exiled Jedi, her training was mainly practical in nature; how to wield a blade and use the force. I wasn't the best student though..." He paused, images of the final night with his master, blasterfire and screams, rushing through his mind. "She... passed recently, leading me to go to the Jedi Order for guidance. So now I'm here watching space whales while they decide what to do with me."

He felt like he should steer the conversation in a lighter direction. "So Fallon, how has your time with the Jedi been?"

Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana

Last edited:

Aris Noble Aris Noble

She couldn’t help but blush as she played with a few loose strands of her hair. “Well thanks Aris — talking to you isn’t so bad either.” Peering now at his pad, and let out a small “huh” as she peered down at her own drawing — it having more resemblance to a log rather than a purgill. She let out a chuckle which grew into a full laugh. “At least yours doesn’t look like a tree stump.” She continued laughing as she looked towards the sky. “ I wonder if we’ll actually get to see one.”

GADividerPurple.png

"A tree stump is still something. I'm not sure what mine is." Aris frowned as he looked at his drawing again. No, he wasn't going to redraw it, but it was certainly.. Not something real. He couldn't even say it was an artistic representation of a purgill or such. It was just bad. He let out a sigh before smiling, looking out to the sky again. They were here to see the space whales.

"We will, I'm sure. They are pretty large and travel in large groups."

Anneliese Anneliese

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Observe Purrgills
Loadout: here
Objective: Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Toby Perris Toby Perris Anneliese Anneliese Resh Resh Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau Tevan Losh Tevan Losh

Fallon listened to Tevan Losh Tevan Losh as he spoke and her lips twisted. "I'm sorry to hear that, sucks to lose a mentor." she said genuinely. Despite being born after the collapse of Crusade, she knew what or was like to lose people and many Ashlans continued to die as the Sith returned.

"I havent really dealt with the regular Jedi yet. Most of my training has been from Ashlan masters, I have even been to the nether for a while, which was pretty intense. That's where I got this." she pulled out her lightsaber and activated its shimmering golden blade for a few seconds before deactivating it. "Its pretty cool right?" You should see it there its so pretty!"[/color]. Fallon beamed with wonder before looking back at the other padawans, wondering about their masters.

Objective: Spot a Purgill
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble Braze Braze

Anneliese reciprocated the smile back to Aris as looked up at the sky, her breath seen in the crisp air. “They travel in a pack — They belong to a tribe — I think it’s absolutely wonderful.” Peering over, Anneliese looked around at their pack — the Padawans. It was nice to be involved, and to feel accepted by all… and when it came to others, Anneliese didn’t care if she never had a million friends, just a few — but ones she’d do anything for.

Being captivated by the entire conversation that had taken place, and not really paying any particular attention to those around Aris and her, Anni noticed Braze Braze in the corner and rather to himself. Frowning just slightly, she looked at Aris, and gently touched the side of his arm. “If you’ll excuse me — unless you want to come over with me — I think I’m going to go say introduce myself to him —“ Anneliese pointing over at Braze huddled to himself in the far corner near the walls. “— time to make friends right?” Making her way over and to Braze she purposely and swiftly walked up to him as she gave a soft yet friendly smile. “Hi there! I’m Anneliese — I’ve just transferred and am relatively new to the Order, what’s your name?”

wb1.png

TAGS:
Anneliese Anneliese
alexboarder.png
Braze's keen awareness didn't miss the approach of the new girl, Anneliese. Yet, he couldn't hide his surprise when she initiated conversation. His somber jade green eyes met hers, reflecting a quiet curiosity. With a respectful gesture, he placed a hand over his chest and offered a modest bow of his head.

"Hello, Anneliese. I'm Braze. It's a pleasure to meet you," he replied, his voice carrying a hint of formality. He took a moment to observe her, as if imprinting her features in his memory.

"I hope you find your time with us fulfilling. Welcome to our extended family," Braze added, his tone softening. A slight smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, an effort to make her feel more at ease. "I must admit, social gatherings aren't exactly my forte. Discussing the weather isn't really my strong suit."

His honesty was evident, a subtle invitation for a more meaningful conversation beyond the usual pleasantries.

GADividerPurple.png

"Really?"

Aris had indeed followed along, mostly because he was certain Vera would want him to make more friends. What better way to make more friends than to follow someone else who seemed to be more than willing to make friends for herself? Perhaps he should feel a little guilty, but he didn't. Right now he just tilted his head as he listened to Braze.

"But weather is easy to talk about, isn't it? It's cold, it's cloudy." Ever the factual lad, Aris didn't understand what Braze had actually meant. Still, he smiled. "Also I'm Aris."

Anneliese Anneliese | Braze Braze

Braze's attention was immediately drawn to the arrival of Aris Noble Aris Noble , a younger Padawan who, in Braze's eyes, resembled a miniature version of Kahlil. He had seen Aris in action a few times and had come to recognize him. Despite considering Aris to be younger, Braze realized that they were, in fact, peers – a realization that prompted him to reflect on his own interactions with his age group.

Braze knew that he hadn't spent much time with his similarly aged Padawans, a situation he now felt compelled to change. Observing the older Padawans transitioning into their roles as Jedi Knights, Braze couldn't help but feel a sense of being left behind. This feeling of exclusion was something he had been grappling with, sometimes with a tinge of bitterness.

He watched Aris with a touch of introspection, contemplating his own place within the Order. The realization that he was not truly part of the older group was a tough pill to swallow, but it also opened up the possibility that now might be the opportunity he needed to start forging stronger connections with Padawans closer to his own age, like Aris.

He offered a faint smile and shook his head at what Aris had to say. "I believe we've met a few short times. On Illum and Tython I can recall presently. " Braze said looking up slightly to meet Aris' eyes with his own. "Admittedly I've been studying your style- You show great promise in the art of saber combat. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom