Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Purrgil Paradox | NJO Padawans

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Resh Resh Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Then he looked back to Anneliese. And promptly tilted his head. She didn't seem more than human, but then again anyone not his height was often just assumed to be a normal human if they weren't clearly not.

"How do you stay warm, Anneliese?"

Watching Loomi walk off, she frowned slightly, hoping that due to her lack of knowledge concerning her classmate she hadn’t offended or hurt her feelings or cause her to feel different… Anneliese would never have wanted that. Putting her topcoat back on, looking back now at Aris, she couldn’t help but to smile softly at him as she observed his curious gaze. “Well — you see, I’ll let you in on a secret…”Anne leaned forward slightly towards his face whispering, her unruly hair floating around her like wisps of fire. “This isn’t how I look all the time.” Standing back up straight, she continued speaking. “My species is from a planet called Qiilura, I am Gurlanin. I’m able to shift between this form and my natural form — that being said, I have a rather large, and fast metabolism that helps to aide in my phasing — that coupled with my higher body temperature, I’m able to thermo-regulate a little easier than average person.” Her fingers came up signing “a little-bit”, her grin widening just slightly in her enthusiasm. However, upon looking him over, she noticed he didn’t seem quite as cold as the rest, so she in turn asked him a question. “What about you, I mean — you seem to be rather hot… Wait — I mean you are hot — NO… that’s not what I meant, I mean, ughh — you seem to be warm and doing well yourself.” She groaned as her cheeks flushed out if embarrassment, way to go Anne, way to make friends — almost lost your pad, bumped into him, made one feel bad about their wings possibly, and now we’re fixing to freak him out — awesome first outing.

GADividerPurple.png

Gurlanin. Aris paused in thought to try and think on what they might be, but he didn't actually know. Another species to certainly look into, especially if what she said meant she could actually change her form. That was kinda cool, even if he wouldn't sat that out loud. He glanced to her as she fumbled through her words though.

And just tilted his head in confusion.

"I am hot, yes. Master Noble taught me how to heat my body so I could even set fire to the things I touch. It's very handy, but I don't want to hurt anyone so I'm trying to figure out how best to keep control of the temperature."

Anneliese Anneliese

Eloise picked up what Resh was putting down, but she didn't ask more and he didn't divulge. She did go on a mini-tirade about her master's choice of name, which merely earned a patient eyebrow raise from the pureblood. If that was the worst of Eloise's problems with her master, then things must have been going pretty well, "Oh, the Chief Healer?" It did seem an odd pairing, and he agreed that Eloise didn't exactly seem the healer type. But maybe those seemingly incongruous perspectives could lead to some new broken ground for master and apprentice.

"It does?" Resh touched the spur again, this time as if he were appraising it, and finally he elicited a chuckle at the idea. Return to the topic of friends, however, made him falter, "…No. Not really," The cult encouraged independence. Relying on others was weakness, and in some ways Resh saw himself clinging to that idea, if not entirely for its original intent. Perhaps it was better if he kept to himself, though the Jedi encouraged cooperation. At least in theory, "I'm not very good at making friends. And some people here are... wary of a Pureblood in their midst. Not sure I can blame them, though."

There were frankly a lot of red flags when it came to bringing him here. Resh was certainly appreciative of the chance, but he felt like he was always treading ice. He had to be on his best behavior. If he did one thing bad, to his doubters it would be validation that he could do anything bad.

"Oh, the Chief Healer?"

Eloise nodded. "She can be a little pushy and judgmental at times, but she's starting to ease up a bit. Besides, it's nothing I don't have to deal with from nearly everyone else anyway." She grew thoughtful. "If I did decide to follow in her footsteps, it would be to make sure people weren't taken advantage of. I've never met a healer who wasn't meek or easily defeated. Which is awful, really, because they're responsible for people at their most vulnerable."

Boy, she sure was talkative today. Weird. At least she knew Resh wouldn't be annoying or an ass. He laughed at her comment about his bone spurs. He had a nice smile.

"I'm not very good at making friends. And some people here are... wary of a Pureblood in their midst. Not sure I can blame them, though."

"I do," she said with a scowl. "I can't stand that crap. Who cares what species you are, or who your parents were, or where you came from? You're not even half as nasty as I am, anyhow. Well, apart from your sharp teeth. Have you bitten anyone else lately?"

This was the part where she would've asked him if he wanted to be friends, but she hesitated. Despite his toothy antics, she sensed that Resh wasn't in the same category as her and Albrecht. He didn't have a mindset or a culture which was antithetical to most of his peers. The only things that set him apart were his physical appearance and his backstory.

"You don't act like you were raised by Sith, I mean," she added in a lower tone.

[/div]

Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble

That was it, that must be why he seems so distant she thought — he was worried about the welfare of others. But Anne, being her usual and exuberant self began poking his shoulder playfully to show that she wasn’t going to up and spontaneously combust, she gave him a reassuring smile. “See? No fire — I bet you master it in no time Aris — I’ll be rooting for you.” Now beginning to doodle on her pad of what she thought a purrgil might look like, she continued in conversation with Aris — noting he’d mentioned Master Noble — now there was a person Anne knew, and being curious as to how Aris knew her, unaware of his last name, she spoke. “How is it you know Master Noble? Are you her Padawan? — or maybe you had a mission with her?”

GADividerPurple.png

"Wait, don't-"

She poked him. And at least didn't burn. Was it the layer of clothing he did still have on that kept her protected? Or had he learned to subconsciously at least not burn his own clothing off? Or, maybe, he was just getting better at his control. Even now there was hardly a glow to him despite the fact he was actively increasing his internal temperature.

He wasn't going to let himself get cocky about that. The level of heat he could produce could really hurt someone after all.

Though, he blinked in sheer surprise that she didn't already know. She knew Master Noble, but not him? Or Vera? Perhaps it was an arrogant thought, which he was already chastising himself for having, but it wasn't that unknown, right?

"Master Noble is my mom."

Anneliese Anneliese

"Master Noble is my mom."

Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble Vera Noble Vera Noble

Anneliese as Aris spoke continued to doodle making more of what appeared to be a log rather than a space whale as she responded without fully processing what had just been stated. “Yeah that’s cool it must be awesome to be her — wait… what?!?!?” The last part of the statement a little louder than she’d intended it to be. “Shut the front door — Master Noble is your mother??” How did she miss that — well, Anne thinking inwardly, there had been a lot to learn in her first weeks here after she’d transferred from her old Envlave… and there’d been a lot of names to keep up with. Her emerald green eyes now beaming with what could only be perceived as a thousand questions. “That is so cool — she is, I mean she’s like — and then she’s just so — wow.” All the time speaking, hand gestures and motions that followed along her train-wreck of a sentence — however, somewhere in this point, Anneliese managed to regain some of her self-control back and pulled hard on the brakes chuckling a little. “I’m sorry — I tend to get… excited, and my enthusiasm can get the better of me. Are you an only child or do you have siblings? Is your Dad a Master at the temple too?” The genuine interest portrayed in her tone, wanting to know more about Aris, about who she’d hope might be a potential friend… if she didn’t scare him off first that was.

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

PADAWANS & PURRGILS
THE BEAN BRIGADE @ BARDOTTA
ABOARD THE REDWIND IN ATMO
Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Open
VO1a9vo.png

"Golly, that would be scary I think," she decided. "Where do you think it would take you?"

He wasn't sure where the purrgils would jump to, "That could be anywhere," he replied, "but..." that wasn't what he was getting at, yet the girl he had challenged in the first place spoke up, drawing his attention to her response.

"Yeah, it's probably a dumb idea. Nevermind,"

His eyes widened, his mouth opened, and a stalling finger rose to assure her that it wasn't, that Jedi had done similar things, that he just wanted to-- but none of it mattered. Not anymore. Her expression, the bloom of her embarrassment, and how she quickly fled the situation... each little detail hit him like a too-familiar brick that connected exactingly with his self-doubt. Toby's eyes followed Vera helplessly as she retreated, then Loomi as she followed, concern wafting in her wake. After another moment, his finger retracted, and his arm dropped to his side, as if it its nerves had been cut. As his confidence bled out. As he unwound and deflated. This wasn't at all the first time this exact kind of thing had happened because of him. Oh, no... far from it.

His eyes flicked down, putting the two girls out of his field of view as remorse gnawed at his conscience and he played over what had just occurred, in his thoughts. He'd come on too strong. Or in the wrong way. Again. A pang of longing worked sharply into his chest for the friends he left behind back home, friends who understood him, were alike to him, but they couldn't wrap him in assurances, here; they couldn't commiserate with him over that shared experience. But he wouldn't cry. This was just an honest mistake. Just... one he somehow kept on making.

He gnawed absently at his bottom lip, lifting his eyes to look again at Vera and Loomi, talking amongst themselves; he needed to make amends, but he also knew from similar experiences of having choice words thrown at him for approaching too soon that... she probably needed time. That his hesitation, born from now being unsure of himself, had a purpose. He sighed, and... setting the whole thing aside for now, he then pulled his notepad away from his chest, and lowered his head and eyes to look at it instead. To collect himself.

"It's like mum said," he affirmed himself quietly, despite his knotting insides, "learn, reflect, adapt, overcome." Well, those wasn't her exact words, but that was the core of what she had said, 'Keep learning from your mistakes, and you'll be okay.' Or something along those lines. "I better draw some purrgils."

At least he couldn't mess that up. He was a good student, and he'd all too happily sat with his father and learned how to move graphite around a page when he was a kid, though his education had pulled him towards more technical drawing... but no matter. Gathering his resolve, Toby lifted his head and turned away from what was beyond his control for now, going to the frigid railing to spot some purrgils, so that he could put their likeness to the page.

Last edited:
Tevan stood outside on the observation platform, staring out into the vast expanse. He was used to the cold by now and it was more preferable to sitting inside and interacting with the other Padawans, he didn't know if he counted as a Padawan as he was only here on a trial run, seeing the Jedi Order in action before deciding whether to join.

He did want to speak to the Padawans but his nerves had gotten the better of him, maybe he could try after seeing the Purgill in action.

GADividerPurple.png

She was very excited about this.

Aris just blinked rapidly as he listened. She wasn't actually saying anything, and yet it was obvious she was very happy. And then the questions started. He eventually let out a small laugh as he shook his head.

"There's Vera, who's right over there. Colette. Aurra, Adam, and Aeryn are the triplets. Mom's actually pregnant right now. And, yeah. Master Kahlil Noble is our dad."

Anneliese Anneliese

"Your master is meek and easily defeated?" Resh asked, surprised to Hera a padawan imply such a thing about their own master. But then again Eloise wasn't like most padawans. At the same time she was uncharacteristically chatty today, maybe she hit her head or something.

While Resh tried to brush presumptions about himself under the rug, Eloise wouldn't stand for it. He appreciated that, even if it was more forward than he usually cared to be. The pureblood got more embarrassed when she brought up the bite incident, "No! No I wouldn't— I haven't—" He huffed in defeat. Resh had kept his fangs to himself since then, but that was one of those incidents which forced him to restrain himself. To some he looked undisciplined at best, feral at worst.

"You don't act like you were raised by Sith, I mean,"

Resh wasn't quite sure how to take that. A compliment he supposed, but he shifted awkwardly, "I have to be real careful here. Unless they find an excuse to expel me," Was he paranoid? Most of the councilors seemed amenable enough to his being here. Perhaps that was the Sith in him. His fear. "All I ever really wanted was something normal. What few glimpses I had of life outside the cult, kids got to do fun stuff. Even down in the lower levels, there were glimpses of that," Just children being children. He was envious, "At the very least, they didn't have to get beat up by their sparring trainer every day, or watch people be sacrificed in their name, whether they wanted it or not." The relationship was one of abuse and manipulation, even in his youth he seemed to have some understanding of that, if unable to put it into words. Resh was supposed to be a god, but he just wanted to be a kid.

The boy's pencil broke against the paper, causing it to streak across his otherwise well-done drawing. Resh sighed, and set it down, "Varick said I was imperfect."

"I lied, Resh. You're not irreplaceable. You're not even the first. It took us ages to master the cloning process for a Force-sensitive. Apparently, we still haven't. Don't worry, the next one will be better."

"I guess not acting like a Sith was my imperfection."

Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble Vera Noble Vera Noble Loomi Loomi

A smile broke out once again on the young girls face as she heard the laugh escape from Aris — accomplishment was the only word that could describe the feeling Anneliese had, it was the first smile and laugh she’d heard from him this entire conversation, and she felt like it was a positive sign. “That’s the first time I’ve ever heard you laugh or seen you smile — It’s really quite nice.”

Thinking of what it was like to have siblings, Anneliese felt it must be like having multiple friends — ones that you would see everyday and night no matter what. For Anneliese, she was a stranger to the joys of what having a family or siblings held, she was quite literally the bundle left at a doorstep, and the stray that had made it’s way into life at the Enclave. “Your really blessed Aris, having a big family like that must be really nice.” Anneliese spoke with sincerity.

"Your master is meek and easily defeated?"

In battle? I’ve yet to see it. But when it comes to speaking up?” She gave him a skeptical side-eye, then shrugged. “I don’t know. In my experience, most people won’t even stand up for themselves, let alone other people.

Eloise had a good laugh at his reaction to her bringing up the notorious bite, pulling down her sock to show him the marks his fangs had left on her leg. “Be careful with those teeth of yours. I don’t mind another battle scar, but not everybody appreciates getting chomped.

The conversation took a serious turn as he shed more light on his tragic past. Eloise was stunned at the similarities between them. Godhood, sacrifices, martial training… “I had all that, too,” she confessed. “I was raised to be a goddess. Except it sounds like your life with that cult sucked. My parents made it all seem so fething cool…” She trailed off, a faraway look in her eyes. “Imagine the ultimate game of pretend. Fantastical costumes, real magic powers, and an entire planet willing to play along with the charade. They kept the most heinous stuff from us, and found ways to justify the rest. Only the worst criminals were sacrificed; we only went on holy crusade against slavers. We were helping the natives build a better civilization. And… I loved it. It was fun. It was beautiful, and too good to be true. But I didn’t know that. I was just a kid. I had to find out the truth the hard way.

She felt a surge of anger at having been given a taste of an impossible life, leaving her with a longing for a lie. But she snuffed it out almost as quickly as it flared up. They would get what was coming to them. Resh was agitated as well, smearing graphite on his drawing.

Who the feth is Varick, and why do you give a chit what he thinks of you?” Eloise asked.

GADividerPurple.png

"Well, we did just meet."

And he wasn't one to laugh much. He knew that much about himself. That's what it meant to be an introvert, and he was long used to such mentions of his lack of smiles. Vera was often one who brought it up, if only to try and help him make friends and be more open. He wasn't against making friends though. He just wasn't big on talking to people if he didn't have to.

Not that he was against talking to Anneliese.

"It's chaos, but it is nice. .. And you?"

He could tell there was no good answer to the question. Just by how she spoke, the words she used, he could see that she didn't have that kind of family. And yet, he didn't want to assume. Especially since he wasn't entirely sure to begin with.

Anneliese Anneliese

Eloise simultaneously doubled-back and doubled-down on her statement. Whatever it was she seemed unimpressed with her master for, the details were kept vague. Resh naturally didn't press, nor did he consider it his business. He simply shrugged at Eloise's statement.

Talk of his bite kept the pureblood flustered however. Resh pinched the space between his eyes, "I'm aware." Generally speaking, people did not appreciate getting 'chomped'. Which is why he was encouraged to fight ferociously by the Sith. That did not translate to the more 'honorable' ways of the Jedi.

I had all that, too,

Resh slowly blinked and stared at Eloise. He hadn't expected to hear a similar story. But theirs had a distant defining difference in the quality of their upbringings. Eloise had it all, in fact she loved it, until she found out the dark truth underneath. Resh wasn't sure what to feel. Jealousy? Relief, that he had someone to commiserate with? Anger, at the idea that she could find any of it enjoyable? The pureblood couldn't help but wonder if he'd have fallen for the same lie. More so, would he have gone along with it after all, had he been brought up so privileged? The idea made him shudder.

"He created me," Resh said plainly. Since coming to the Jedi, he hadn't really thought about the man much, surprising even him. Perhaps he was just too desperate to put that part of his youth behind him, "I… think he's in prison now." The Jedi who rescued Resh had captured Varick in the same act, "I almost killed him."

purrgil_time.png

Coruscant
div-purple.png
Appearance: Link
Tag: Loomi Loomi Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Toby Perris Toby Perris Aris Noble Aris Noble

Vera tried her best to offer Aris Noble Aris Noble a little reassuring smile, but that's also when she noticed that Loomi was following after her. The Godoan was greeted with a nod, before Vera glanced down at her drawing again, "Thank you. I'be been drawing since I was very little, so just practice!" Vera smiled at that — she didn't want to make it sound like some special talent of hers.

She had always been drawing her visions, and those started when she was about 3 years old. Over those 10 years, she just made a lot of drawings that helped her build up her skills.

From the corners of her eyes, Vera noticed Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana approaching and smiled at her, "I'm Vera, it's nice to meet you! Your drawing looks good too, though," she said with a nod, though the mention of their parents having met caught her attention too.

"Oh? Who are your parents?"

But even before the question was answered, Vera noticed Toby Perris Toby Perris sitting alone now, drawn into his art but clearly with something on his mind. It wasn't difficult for her to understand what that was, and she felt extremely bad. "Hey guys? Let's go sit with him, okay?" She smiled at Loomi and Fallon, and quickly walked back over to Toby.

She wasn't really sure what to say about what had just happened, so she decided to ask the one thing that did feel right, "Can I sit with you?" She tried her best to smile, and looked at him with expecting eyes. "I also have snacks, if you'd like some?" She pulled her backpack out from her back, opened it up, and showed a variety of little bags with snacks in them.

"I'm Loomi," she introduced when the new arrival came up, though the topic didn't linger on anything she could talk about for long.

Parents. Loomi didn't really have any, and it seemed the new girl really only wanted to talk about Vera's mom. It was difficult. She didn't really know what to say given the scenerio, so she just stood off to the side in awkward silence until...

"Hey guys? Let's go sit with him, okay?"

"Okay!" Loomi nodded.

She could do that. Her empathic abilities made it clear that he was feeling down anyways. She was happy to make sure that Toby was okay. Besides, it gave Loomi someone to talk to if the other girl was going to keep talking about moms. The Godoan wasn't ready to be a part of a conversation like that yet.

Loomi would follow along, poking over Vera's shoulder (on her toes because she is short) and gave a wave to Toby.

Oh.” Eloise smirked grimly. “So is my mom. She’s imprisoned in Azrael Asylum.” Screw coincidences, the similarities between them were downright freaky.

"I almost killed him."

Maybe you should have.” She looked at him seriously, obviously thinking of her own situation compared to his. “Although I know in my case, killing my parents wouldn’t make a difference. My mom’s come back from the dead before.” She would just come back again.

What stopped you?

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Observe Purrgills
Loadout: here
Objective: Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Toby Perris Toby Perris Anneliese Anneliese Resh Resh Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Fallon's eyebrow raised in a look that said really when Vera Noble Vera Noble complimented her drawing, she was just being polite of course, Fallon knew it looked a mess and she grinned, just enjoying the chance to interact with other similarly aged jedi, her training with the old Ashlan masters made her strong, but she lacked human connection. "Hi!" she replied to Loomi Loomi . She looked at the other girl with a big smile and wasn't immediately familiar with the species, but she had a fascinating appearance.

She was about to answer Vera's question about her parentage when the girl seemed distracted by another padawan and suggested they join him back at the rail. They could talk about parents later, or she could look it up of she cared too, it wasn't exactly hard. She smiled though at the apparently friendly demeanour of the other girl.

She itched her face, an unfortunate side effect of the thermal makeup and answered "Sure" before joining Vera and Loomi to go and talk to talk to Toby Perris Toby Perris . He looked rather crestfallen, Fallon wasn't always great at that kind of thing so she might end up a just a spectator to the cheering up, but she would be friendly.

"I wonder if there is any way of getting closer to them, I want to touch one!" Fallon excitedly said to Loomi as a Purrgill passed relatively low over the observation deck, so low you could make out the markings on its underside and what looked liked a mildly distended lower abdomen. Fallon stared curiously at the creature. "I think that one is a girl!" she looked at the other students hoping they might agree with her observation.

Tevan stared out at the Purgill in wonder, jotting down notes and rough sketches on his pad as the massive space whales floated by.

Feeling satisfied for now, Tevan decided he’d try his hand at interacting with the students.

"I think that one is a girl!"
He heard Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana say, following her gaze out into the pod, he could see that her observation was correct. “You’re right, and I think that the one next to it is a male, maybe even it’s mate if that’s how these creatures behave.”

Tevan pointed his finger out at the Purgill he was indicating. “I’m Tevan Losh by the way, potential future padawan, what’s your name?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom