Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Purrgil Paradox | NJO Padawans

purrgil_time.png

The Purrgil Paradox
Bardotta
Tags: Open
The Redwind, Purrgil, Seydan Toth

Loomi_divider.png

Purrgils are a strange occurance. Their migratory routes are sporadic, with a start and end point that come with variety inbetween. When a pod was detected to arrive in the lower atmosphere of the cold and mountainous world of Bardotta, the New Jedi Order was quick to organize a retriet for their students to observe them as they passed through. A rare opportunity for study and observance into lesser understood phenomena. So the Redwind Educational Transport was prepared, with padawans ferried out to the fridgid world under the supervision of it's pilot Knight Seydan Toth and a handful of volunteer masters.

The Redwind would enter the atmosphere of Bardotta, and it would not be long before the large space-whales were visible from beyond the viewports, hundreds to thousands of giant beings traveling with purpose, but similarly aimlessly. The viewing deck was opened, allowing students to step out into the fridged air and observe the creatures in full.

<Attention, this is your captain speaking,> A cool and calm voice began over the intercom. <It's a warm summer day on Bardotta, a brisk -70 degrees as the high for today. Students are recommended to bundle up as they make their way to the viewing platform on the left-hand side of the vessel. Make sure to bring your notepads and pencils to sketch the passing purrgils for your upcoming biology lesson following our viewing. They're gentle giants, but have been known to accidentally bump into starships and cause damage, so today's observation will be at a comfortable and safe distance of 200 meters from the edge of the pod. Now enjoy the rest of your viewing experience, and we thank you for flying Redwind for all of your educational excursion needs.>

Loomi meanwhile was getting herself moving in the direction of the viewing platform, trying her best to put on her coat. It was difficult with her wings, forcing her to use a jacket with a very specific configuration to not damage them. A note pad and pencil were clenched in her teeth as she finished zipping up her jacket. It wasn't long before the chill of the outside reached her, well before she had made it to the deck. It was only a few minutes more before she had stepped outside...

This is a fun little mission thread more geared towards padawan interaction, good for character introductions and meeting new people. Knights and Masters are welcome to join as chapperones, but the narrative will have a padawan-centered focus.[/ISPOILER]

Last edited:

GADividerPurple.png

The cold was usually unwelcome to most, from what Aris had understood. Most species didn't enjoy it, as they were built for usually above freezing temperatures. For him, though, this was training. Not just study, but full blow training. he stood in a light jacket outside on the railing, casually leaning against the frozen metal as he idly drew in his notepad.

His drawings were atrocious, truthfully. But at least scientifically accurate with the descriptions.

The training, though, was the casual heat radiating off of him. Valery had taught him how to increase his body temperature to a scorching degree without harming himself, so now he was practicing being able to keep it going passively, while he focused on other things. Without being hot enough to actually harm people. Heat regulation was important for a Jedi to learn. Or at least a Jedi like Aris who couldn't do much else.

He paused his drawing though, glanced over his shoulder towards movement. "Oh. Loomi. Hey."

Loomi Loomi | Vera Noble Vera Noble

purrgil_time.png

Coruscant
div-purple.png
Appearance: Link
Tag: Loomi Loomi Aris Noble Aris Noble | Open

Vera was sitting next to Aris with her own little notebook. She was great with datapads and technology, but ever since she started drawing the visions she saw, she had preferred using actual pencil on paper. It gave her more freedom and just felt a lot better to the young Noble. Over the years, she had improved her drawing skills too, so they looked pretty decent for her age.

Her brother's voice got Vera to finally look up from her drawing — it had nothing to do with why they were here today, but she figured that she could make notes when they actually saw the purrgils.

"Hey Loomi!" Vera echoed. "Do you think they'll let us ride the purrgils?"

VVVDHjr.png

PADAWANS & PURRGILS
THE BEAN BRIGADE @ BARDOTTA
ABOARD THE REDWIND IN ATMO
Loomi Loomi Aris Noble Aris Noble Vera Noble Vera Noble
VO1a9vo.png

Layered with a sweater, zipped into cold weather flight jacket his older brother Kelly had given him as a Life Day gift - similar to the gear his squadron had worn piloting snowspeeders as Echo Group at Ilum - and with his hands in gloves that kept his fingertips free, Toby was warm enough, but not really anything that resembled toasty. He'd learned a little bit about weathering the chill when Kelly decided to include a jaunt into the mountains as part of his gift... to have Toby 'test out' his new jacket.

Miserable wasn't quite the right word for it, but it had been a lesson. The year had changed his Revenant sibling, somehow.

But outings like these were exciting and worth just grinning and bearing it. Toby had never seen a purrgil up close... heck, not even at all in real life, and the same could be said for many people. The almost mystical creatures were a thing he had hitherto only digested by reading and holovids, with records of direct Jedi encounters having sparked his interest while he had been reading about something else entirely; today would be his chance.

Now he'd be able to brag tell his brother about where that jacket had, in a way, taken him, but that was the least of his thoughts as he clutched his notepad to himself, pencil tucked behind an ear, and approached the viewing platform to start his drawing. But before he could get to that, Vera's question set his mental cogs to turning.

"What if they went to hyperspace?" He countered, and was just about to elaborate a lot further, but then closed his mouth and resisted the urge, instead opting to pass Loomi a smile as his greeting. "I mean, think about it," he prompted, looking back to Vera, "what's the first thing that's gonna happen?"

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Outfit: Jedi Robes
Wespons: Lightsaber
Tag: Open

Anneliese smiled, letting a small but satisfied giggle from her mouth as she exhaled, her breath seen pouring from her like a fountain in the frigid air. Cold never bothered her, well, wouldn’t phase her in her natural form, but thanks to her heightened metabolism even situations as cold as these she still found some enjoyment out of.

Looking around and seeing her fellow Padawans she couldn’t help but to once again grin from ear to ear, her canines flashing. This was her first official outing with the NJO, and the opportunity she had to make friends today gave her such hope she could scarcely hold it in. Taking her sketch pad in hand she looked up towards the sky where they had stated they should see the purrgils. However, while lost in thought and moving haphazardly about, Anneliese accidentally bumped into Aris Noble Aris Noble who was leaned against the railing she was walking along, causing her to drop her pad and pencil. Realizing that she’d run into a person and not thing, she spoke, her freckled cheeks reddening, her unruly curls dancing around her face as her hands came up apologetically. “ I am so sorry — sometimes I just get lost in thought and — I, oh, —— by Ashla….“

Resh was exceptionally attentive for today's lessons. Purrgill were the sort of thing he had never quite known about, in his sheltered life among the cult; Even now their mere existence was hardly something he could fathom. Semi-sentient whales that could travel through not just space, but hyperspace? It sounded right out of a storybook, but here he was, among the first of the class to actually see the Purrgills upon their emergence. He stared slack jawed at the fascinating act of nature, initially forgetting his later lesson until the voice on the intercom reminded of it.

Resh was eager to catch up with his peers; He had semi-comparable training given his time with the cult, but the adjustments from Sith life to Jedi life were decidedly jarring, leaving him in a complicated liminal stage of development. Quickly he retrieved his notepad, and began to sketch the whales, flexing his fingers to keep them warm, head constantly bobbing up and down between his reference and his product. Pretty good, he thought to himself. Especially for a kid who was denied just about any sort of creative endeavor in his youth.

Last edited:
"Nice drawing."

Eloise's voice came from over Resh's shoulder, though she was stooping down to get a better look at his sketch. Her own sheet of flimsiplast remained blank.

Her attention was drawn away from the Pureblood when Vera made a comment about riding the purrgils. Another kid pointed out the obvious reasons why it would be highly impractical, thus removing any reason for Eloise to make further (and likely much ruder) comment. She turned back to Resh.

"Haven't seen you in a while. How have you been holding up?"

"Oh. Loomi. Hey."

"Hey'mph," Loomi greeted with a half wave, her notebook still between her teeth as she finished adjusting her coat.

It wasn't there for long though, and she had made her way over to the Noble childred, as well as a collection of other padawans. Vera seemed to wonder if they could ride the purrgils, but Toby was quick to point out that they could jump into hyperspace.

"Golly, that would be scary I think," she decided. "Where do you think it would take you?"

A random jump into hyperspace seemed like a death sentance. There was no telling where you'd end up. There was something strangely unnerving about that.

Anneliese accidentally bumped into Aris Noble who was leaned against the railing she was walking along, causing her to drop her pad and pencil.

Loomi was surprisingly aware in that moment, a rarity for her. The Godoan very quicky reacted to the pencil and pad falling from the girl's hands, using her latent Mist Weaving abilities to draw threads from the force out of the objects and pull them into her hands in order to keep them from going over the railing. It would be a disaster if all of her work was lost before their biology class. The padawan approached the newly arrived red-head, giving an awkward smile as she handed back her things.

"It's okay," Loomi assured through chattering teeth. She didn't do well in the cold admittedly. "I get lost in thought all the time."

And sometimes in the middle of sparring too. It happened to the best of people.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (No Right Sleeve/Tied Up)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana found it strange that she hadn’t expected this seemingly distraction-filled field trip to include a form of homework. And future heartache with tests and further study hours to be had. But all the same she remained optimistic, it wasn’t like she couldn’t compose simple drawings of Purrgils. Though Ariana had to admit that those tentacles were quite difficult to draw decently enough, let alone be able to count them all.

As she remained seated, her drawing pad laying on her lap, Ariana turned her head to notice several other Padawans enjoying themselves. A few she could recognize with names, while others only by their faces and a couple of them she hadn’t seen. Ariana often kept a lookout for new Padawans, it was important for her to see the Order growing.

Returning back to her drawing pad Ariana still had to finish a few last minute touches to her sketches. But Ariana kept her ear out and listened to them discuss the possibility, Or rather impossibility, of riding one of the Purrgil. With a soft chuckle, Ariana hoped those Padawans kept close to one another, each seeing themselves grow to earn their Knighthood.
We need more impossible dreamers.
Vy2NTqS.png

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Observe Purrgills
Loadout: here
Objective: Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Toby Perris Toby Perris Anneliese Anneliese Resh Resh Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

At the back of the group was a young girl who was only just having her first expedition with the Jedi Order of Coruscant, she had been trained since she could remember by various Ashlan Jedi, and for her age she was quite capable, but her mothers felt she was becoming a little blinkered, too focused on the way of the warrior like the crusaders that preceded her. To that end, Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix had requested through diplomatic channels that her daughter be allowed to join the NJO, for a more formal and rounded education. The details were not yet finalised, but she had been allowed to attend this venture as a taster, of sorts, for her, and for the order to determine whether she was a good fit, she supposed.

What she was not a good fit for was space flight and she had been sick on the journey here, most people couldn't feel the changes in velocity of a starship, but Fallon could, and it turned her stomach. Her medication and meditation helped, but Ashlan doctors had just told her it was the will of Ashla that she endure this trial.

She gingerly made her way onto the viewing platform, still feeling a little nauseus from atmospheric entry, but quickly felt much calmer, being out here reminded her of being at sea back home on Lujo, something which conversley seemed to settle her stomach again.

"I don't think I'd want to ride inside one of those, I can barely cope with a starship" She replied to one of the other padawans, the daughter of one of her mother's old friends... well, technically Auntie Kalie's friend but it was all the same. The girl stood looking out and pulled out her own pad as Loomi Loomi Walked over, luckily not suggesting they went for a ride. She began to sketch, she wasn't very good, but her mother's words rang in her ears. "Just because you have that implant doesn't mean you shouldn't draw." she was right, as usual, but Fallon had tried leaving her pad on Lujo out of protest only to find her shuttle pilot was miraculously given a spare by her mother.

"By Ashla's grace!" she exclaimed quietly with her eyes wide in awe as one of the creatures came close by and she could have sworn it looked right at her.

Last edited:

GADividerPurple.png

Aris didn't so much as budge as he was bumped into. Though, concern was quick to fill his expression as he glanced towards Anneliese Anneliese . He was going to offer a hand, even reached out to do so, but stopped. His hands were still exposed to the cold air, which meant he was still heating himself.

Which meant he might accidentally burn her if he wasn't careful.

He tucked his hands away, offering a brief smile.

"You okay?"

Loomi Loomi | Vera Noble Vera Noble | Toby Perris Toby Perris | Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn | Resh Resh

Resh was easily startled out of his focus by the voice of Eloise. He jumped slightly, craning around to look up at her towering form, "Oh, thanks," He muttered, raising it up to examine more closely. He looked down at her pad next, and unsurprisingly it was untouched. "Pretty good. I guess." The pureblood replied. He wasn't very good at the small talk thing. Nor could his time here be summarized so simplistically. His lips twisted, indicating the lack of commitment to his own reply.

"What about you?"
Resh after a long pause, once again staring at the Purrgills as he tried to continue his sketch.

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Outfit: Jedi Robes
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Loomi Loomi

Anneliese had little reaction time, but immediately saw her pad and pencil be snatched out of the air and pulled into the hands of her fellow classmate Loomi Loomi , who was now making her way over to her. Looking up now at Aris Noble Aris Noble , who seemed literally unphased by her run in.

He tucked his hands away, offering a brief smile.

"You okay?"

Tucking stands of her wild hair that seemed like a fire in contrast to the frigid environment, Anneliese's cheeks turned a dark red as she looked down. "Uh — your Aris right? I'm Anneliese, and yeah, I'm fine. Sometimes I just get lost in my own mind."

The padawan approached the newly arrived red-head, giving an awkward smile as she handed back her things.

"It's okay," Loomi assured through chattering teeth. She didn't do well in the cold admittedly. "I get lost in thought all the time."

Anneliese smiled even harder — her prominent canine teeth flashing amongst her delicate features — she knew this classmate to be named Loomi, and she was as sweet sounding and her demeanor kind as Anne thought she'd be. " Thanks, it’s one of my bad habits — your name is Loomi right? I'm Anneliese, I transferred here from the SJO not to long ago." Taking the pad from Loomi Loomi she noticed just how cold she appeared — and so, putting the pad on the ledge, Anne took her coat off, shedding down to her mid-jacket, offering it to her. "I know it seems insane — I get it, but this jacket is really more for show, my species tolerates frigid environments like this pretty well. I wouldn't offer it if I didn't feel I could manage."

Jumpy. She smirked a little as she sat down next to him. "You don't sound that enthusiastic. Do you even want to be here, or are you just hanging around because these people are nice to you?" A loaded question asked bluntly. Classic Eloise.

"I'm doing better. Got myself a master, and she's not cringe, so that's definitely a plus. I don't feth with people I can't stand, and I have at least one friend now. He seems decent." At this point she couldn't ask for much more than that.

She wanted to ask him if he had friends, but he didn't seem all that talkative. Maybe he just wasn't in the mood. "I like your pointy chin things," she said. "They look bigger than they were when I last saw you. I didn't know they grew in, I always thought you were just born with them..."

purrgil_time.png

Coruscant
div-purple.png
Appearance: Link
Tag: Loomi Loomi Aris Noble Aris Noble | Open

Oh, it seemed her idea got some heads to turn, though none shared the same excitement she had. Vera actually loved the idea of going into Hyperspace with a Purrgil, though with the necessary protection of course. But... she could understand why that wasn't part of their little trip today.

"Yeah, it's probably a dumb idea. Nevermind," she told Toby Perris Toby Perris with a sheepish smile before she hurried off to a quieter spot where she could focus on her drawing and hide her embarrassment a little. Most of the Padawans were busy with each other, anyway, and while she usually loved to socialize, she figured it'd be good for her brother to do it without her breathing down his neck this time.

Vera then pulled out some colored pencils, and decided to put a little extra flair to her drawing. This time without adding laser eyes where they shouldn't belong — just a touch of color.

Anne took her coat off, shedding down to her mid-jacket, offering it to her.

"Oh, th-thank you," Loomi chattered, "But I can't wear it..." She turned, showing off a small pair of moth-like wings on her back. "I need a special kind of jacket so I don't hurt 'em. I-I appreciate it though."

A wave of embarrassment came over Loomi, but not her own. It was Vera's. and the girl seemed to sulk off to go draw on her own. Loomi understood those feelings well. Given enough time, she probably would have asked something dumb about the purrgils too. The Godoan would nervously make her way over, looking at the young Noble's drawing pad.

"Woah," the padawan muttered. "That's really pretty." Loomi glanced at her own drawing, which was nothing more than a series of very childish squiggles. "How'd you do that?"

Last edited:

Untitled996_20231227143323.png

Objective: Observe Purrgills
Loadout: here
Objective: Loomi Loomi Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Toby Perris Toby Perris Anneliese Anneliese Resh Resh Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

It was cold out here as Fallon drew, her tongue stuck out the corner of her mouth as she tried to concentrate. Luckily her makeup kept there face warm, but her fingers felt the chill in the air. She overheard Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn make some comment about the red skinned padawan's chin horns. Fallon was curious so she got her implant to identify the species. "No way?" she whispered under her breath. She had never seen a pureblood in the flesh, but she had learned about them. They had not been treated well by the Crusade and everything that had happened, despite it being before her birth, made her feel a little uncomfortable.

She pulled her oad to her chest and joined Loomi Loomi and Vera Noble Vera Noble away from the edge, trying to glance at their work. "Yours are both better than mine" she giggled and showed them a picture that looked more like someone had ordered Purrgill party balloons on the cheap than actual space whales. "I'm Fallon, we didn't get to speak really on the way here because..." she blushed, they didn't want to know she had been sick. "..er. I think our parents knew each other a long time ago, and i think you recently met my auntie?" Auntie was not quite the right word for the connection between Tiresh and Kalie, but it was how Fallon and Stephan Draellix-Kobitana Stephan Draellix-Kobitana had been brought up to understand the closeness between their mothers and the third woman.

Last edited:
“W-what?” Resh said, a bit taken aback by her forwardness. He really should be used to it by now, coming from Eloise, “No, I… I like it here. It’s just…” He trailed off, unsure of how to express himself, “Complicated.” In multiple ways. He still didn’t fit into the typical Jedi mold. Most other padawans had been nice enough to him, but there was always the proverbial asterisk hanging over his head: Sith Pureblood. It affected how some people interacted with him, even if they didn’t consciously recognize it.

Eloise saying she had a master piqued Resh’s curiosity, “You did? Cool. Who is it?” That was another thing; He didn’t have a proper master of his own. He wasn’t even sure if he could definitively say he had a friend here. Eloise had been nice enough to him, all things considered, but she seemed to be talking about someone else when she mentioned a friend. Maybe she didn’t consider Resh to fit that criteria.

When his bone spurs were pointed out, the pureblood became a little more self-conscious. “Oh, uh, thanks. Again. I guess,” He touched one of the protrusions flanking his chin, and shrugged, “They grow in differently for different people, I think.” Some purebloods were practically covered in spines and tendrils. Resh’s complexion was comparatively tame, though who's to say what else might develop as he continues to age.

"Complicated," she echoed. "Yeah, sure. That's one way to put it."

She knew a little about his backstory. Pureblood clone of a Sith Lord, raised by a cult who worshiped his progenitor and had been grooming him to be the next Big Bad Dark Lord. Despite that, he seemed remarkably well-adjusted, if a bit of a loner. She remembered how he had bitten her leg during their spar and smirked. He was a real charmer.

"Amani Serys-Organa—drives me crazy that she has a hyphenated name, it's such a mouthful. Just be Amani Organa, it sounds so much better. Both names have that an sound, it's kind of pretty." She started doodling on her flimsiplast, drawing stick figures fighting with lightsabers and deflecting blaster bolts. "But yeah, she's cool. I dunno if I want to be a healer like her, though. My bedside manner isn't very good." You could say that again. "I did like playing medic and rescuing people that were injured or trapped under rubble. Well, it wasn't fun, but I was better at it."

She turned her attention to his face, delighting in how self-conscious she had made him. "It's like a beard. Makes you looks more manly." Her eyebrows wiggled before she laughed and leaned back on her hands. "You got any friends yet?"

GADividerPurple.png

Aris spared a glanced towards his sister. And frowned. Not because of her, but because of Toby. Part of him wanted to step in, but wasn't that unnecessary? No, he couldn't just keep trying to protect her, she was more than capable of protecting herself. And- Oh. Loomi. He seemed to let out a sigh of relief that at least one of the other Padawan's wasn't going to let the usually social one be alone.

Then he looked back to Anneliese. And promptly tilted his head. She didn't seem more than human, but then again anyone not his height was often just assumed to be a normal human if they weren't clearly not.

"How do you stay warm, Anneliese?"

Anneliese Anneliese | Vera Noble Vera Noble | Loomi Loomi | Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana | Resh Resh | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom