Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Purrgil Paradox | NJO Padawans

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Anneliese was caught off guard as Braze formally introduced himself , her jade green eyes staring into his, mirror reflections — her cheeks flushing as she realized how she was standing there gawking at him — there was a soft and gentle beauty to his features that she naturally couldn’t help but appreciate. Her hand came up, playing with the long curls of red speaking in a flustered manner, her eyes shifting downwards at the ground as they shyly met back with his . “H- hi Braze— i like your name, and thank you — it’s definitely nice to be seen.”

That word, extended family, it brought a ray of pure joy to Anneliese, almost as if the very mention of this was somehow his invitation and acceptance of her being here and speaking with him. “I have to admit, being here —being part of the order… and getting to be involved with our lessons and outings — I feel very welcomed and fulfilled.” Her face lighting up with his following comment, her natural enthusiasm showing now — a thousand watt smile forming, her pearly white canines shown as Anneliese giggled at his comment about discussing the weather as a means of sic social bonding, now hearing Aris chime in with his comment. “I gotta agree with both of you on both sides of the statements. What would you like to talk about Braze? If this wasn’t a social outing, and it was just us… what would we talk about?” Her eyes locked with his, unwavering and frustratingly inquisitive as she gave him a soft smile.

GADividerPurple.png

"It is the only thing I can do."

Asides from research and intellectual persuits, if course. But if he wanted to help be a Jedi outside a lab or a library, the Lightsaber was his only path. He smiled none the less, though. He didn't feel disappointed or sad about his limitations.

They were just part of him.

"You lead the crystals. I remember. It is good to meet you properly, though."

Then he paused, glanced to Anneliese, and tilted his head. And waited for Braze's reply.

Anneliese Anneliese | Braze Braze

Braze appeared contemplative as he absorbed her words. "Well..." he began softly, as if weaving his thoughts into words. "There's much I might inquire about. Perhaps after initial pleasantries, I'd be curious about your ambitions and aspirations—what future you envision for yourself. Also, your views on the ongoing astrological, theological, and territorial disputes. "

He brushed a hand through his snowy white locks and settled his somber jade green gaze on her eyes as he feigned a demure smile.

"And on a lighter note, what music soothes you, your favorite color, or the scent you cherish...especially if this were a more intimate moment."

His attention shifted Back to Aris and his false demure smile turned to a more genuine smirk. "I recall what you said about your droid friend. I like your spirit. " He then hushed his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. " And my advice is there's always a right way to the do the wrong things. "

As Braze spoke, and, rather the way he spoke, talking as if it were only the two of them — and even more the level of attentiveness to her , caused her to blush. Her cheeks flushed as her eyes defiantly locking with his again. “Well — since you so politely asked… My aspiration is to be strong enough to protect those I love, those I call friends — and to be a voice to those that aren’t strong enough to speak for themselves. Whether that means supporting them through my battle meditation, healing them or aiding in combat — I want to be a not only a Jedi, but someone able to make a difference in someone’s life — and to me, that means even doing the small things to help. I want to leave a legacy reflected in those I helped, and defined by the love and passion in which I did those things by — that’s my Jedi way.”

Her eyes shimmered slightly as her whole being seemed to radiate the passion reflected in her statement. Pausing slightly at the next few questions, she brought her thumb up to her mouth as she nibbled at it slightly, lost in thought until she smiled at Braze. “I don’t know much about music… but favorite color?… now you’re just going to far…” A chortle coming out of her mouth as a full smile flashed once again. “Now, if you must know… my favorite color is the shade of orange just as the sun sets.” Pausing again, she closed her eyes as she inhaled and exhaled, remembering the forests of Kashyyk — in the training yards of the Sliver Rest, a soft and delicate smile forming across her lips as she put her hands behind her back, and teetered back and forth in her feet. “Maybe in a more quiet setting I can tell you the rest of the real deep important intimate things and discuss the philosophical things.” Her eyes staying fixed on Braze — almost as if egging him on, a devil may care smile lingering on her lips as she bit her bottom lip. “Seeing how I divulged my secrets, maybe you’d like to tell me a little bit as well — and while we are at it — Aris?” She said as she looked over. “… maybe you’d like to share with the class as well?” Anneliese asked hoping he might share.

purrgil_time.png

Bardotta
Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Braze Braze , Anneliese Anneliese

Loomi_divider.png

"Braze!"

Loomi had wandered her way away from the other group, a look of concern on her face. She had felt Braze's stress through their force bond. The Godoan couldn't help but feel a wave of anxiety wash over her. Their connection was overwhelming him. She didn't know what to do.

"A-are you okay?" she asked, clearly not thinking about if others had percieved him being stressed. "I-I'm sorry."

“… maybe you’d like to share with the class as well?”

Suddenly she looked around her face becoming pink.

"G-golly, did I butt in to your conversation?"

She was so bad at this kind of thing.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris listened, for the most part. They seemed to mostly be talking to each other, so he wasn't sure if he should walk away or stay or.. Something else. As ever, his social awkwardness had him in the most unsure of positions. No that he showed any such confusion or discomfort. He was calmly smiling, just looking between the two as they spoke, only nodding when Braze spoke directly to him, though not offering a real response.

He wasn't too sure if he liked Braze's advice about doing the wrong thing.

Though there seemed to be a big shift in the subject. He opened his mouth to respond with his own favored color. That was an easy thing for him to say at least. Only for him to then close his mouth as a very worried looking Loomi blurted into the conversation. The calm smile returned, though he did raise a brow.

"I thought it might be weird that your face has gotten redder, Anneliese, but it seems Loomi's is as well. Perhaps we should head inside? I think the cold is getting to you both."

That would be why they were blushing, of course. Aris had no idea they were blushing to begin with, but the reddened color of skin was often a result of being exposed to cold air too long.

Anneliese Anneliese | Braze Braze | Loomi Loomi

Braze took a slow, deep breath, his chest rising and falling deliberately before he released it in a soft sigh. A practiced smile curved his lips as he turned to face Loomi, his hands gently finding their place on her shoulders. "I'm fine, Loomi," he said, the words slipping through his teeth like a well-rehearsed script. Yet, beneath the surface, a storm of emotions churned, threatening to break his carefully maintained facade. He was determined to keep up appearances, to remain the ever-calm and composed Braze that everyone knew. This was the persona he had always tried to present to the world, a constant in his life.

However, now that Loomi and he were connected by a special Force bond, Braze wondered if she might be beginning to sense the true depth of his feelings. Perhaps she would realize that this facade of tranquility often masked a whirlwind of turmoil and tumultuous emotions. It was a mask he wore well, but one that hid much.

"It's alright, Loomi," he continued, steering the conversation back to lighter topics. "We were discussing favorite colors. I believe Aris was just about to tell us his. My guess? Blue. Or perhaps a lavender lover. " He offered a small chuckle, trying to ease the tension. "Anneliese said her favorite color was the orange you see during sunsets." His voice carried a hint of wistfulness.

In that moment, Braze hoped that the simplicity of such a conversation could anchor him, could keep the surging emotions at bay, at least for a little while longer.

"What about you Loomi? Care to share your preferred color?"

Braze's chuckle was light and playful as he glanced at Aris Noble. "Ah yes, must be the chilly weather causing that rosy glow, right?" His tone was teasing, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I have to admit, though, there's something charming about that blush. I personally think it's kind of cute. But Aris has a point – we wouldn't want you to catch a cold." His voice softened, a warm undertone emerging.

With a smooth, almost protective gesture, Braze slipped out of his fur-lined coat. He stepped closer to Loomi, the air between them charged with a subtle, spark of genuine affection. Gently, he draped the coat over her shoulders, enveloping her in its cozy warmth. His hands lingered for a moment as he ensured it wouldn't immediately fall off.

"How about we head inside?" he suggested, his voice a soft purr. "Let's get you ladies warmed up." His smile was inviting.

Anneliese, horrified stared at Aris as he nonchalantly blurted out that she’d been blushing — and then between Braze commenting almost identically as Loomi rejoined the group — she internally screamed as she stood there mortified. Bringing both her hands up to her cheeks she groaned as she frantically thought over the interactions that had just occurred — but in the end, it only resulted in one reaction. Softly, a giggle emerged from her lips and then into a full blown hysterical chortle. Maybe it was the nerves, perhaps the embarrassment — or, maybe it was because Anneliese was just a little bit odd and marched to the beat of her own drum — she stood in front then, holding her stomach and laughed. This, the rubbing of elbows, the companionship — this was what Anneliese for so long had desired, and she felt blessed to be in this.

Settling down now, and probably seeming insane in front of the others after her little episode, Anneliese began to speak, only to be cut off at the overwhelming and thundering sound of a Purrgil calling erupting behind them as it flew close overhead, and then another. Eyes beaming with nothing short of pure delight, Anneliese pointed upwards and shouted. “Oh my gosh! Guys, look — that one has a calf with it!”

purrgil_time.png

Bardotta
Tags: Braze Braze , Aris Noble Aris Noble , Anneliese Anneliese

Loomi_divider.png

"It's alright, Loomi,"

This was a lie. Loomi knew it with certainty. She didn’t say anything further though, instead deciding to give her friend a hug. A brisk one, but enough to let him know that she understood better.

The subject changed pretty quickly. She wasn’t interrupting, that was good. Loomi just needed to now thing about her favorite color… Did she have one? She kinda liked all bright and colorful things now that she was thinking about it. But if the Godoan had to pick any, it had to be…

“Blue,” She decided. “O-or at least it’s blue for now. I might have a different favorite color tomorrow.”

She was rather indecisive.

"I thought it might be weird that your face has gotten redder, Anneliese, but it seems Loomi's is as well. Perhaps we should head inside? I think the cold is getting to you both."

“Huh?” Loomi reacted, tilting her head. “S-sorry, I think I’m just nervous. I-I’m not very good at talking to people…”

Loomi was cold though. Very cold, even bundled up with her jacket. Braze followed up by saying something that did make her even more red in the face however.

Cute.

Her stomach began to spin in a most peculiar way. Why did he always have to be talking like this? It made it so hard for her to think, and she already had trouble thinking. As the Godoan stood there, trying to get her thoughts in order, Braze would step closer and drape his jacket around her shoulders. A wobbly, very embarrassed smile spread across her face.

“Th-thanks,” she sighed with a shiver, tilting her head.

The air between them would swirl around with admiration, Loomi’s mind completely open to the force bond that they shared.

Not that she knew how to turn it off anyways.

“Oh my gosh! Guys, look — that one has a calf with it!”

“W-woah!” the Godoan managed to exclaim through chattering teeth.

It was sweet. Bittersweet. How lucky that calf was to have a loving family to travel with. They didn’t even seem to have a destination, yet they all moved together. She couldn’t help but wonder if she’d ever get to feel like that little Purrgil.

Maybe one day.

“I-I’m r-ready to go in,” Loomi admitted with a nervous smile. “I-It’s freezing out here.”

GADividerPurple.png

Aris's confusion only turned up to an even greater level now. He tilted his head to the side, glancing to Loomi, then Annelise, then Braze. What was cute about being cold? What was he even talking about? The thirteen year old certainly didn't grasp any of the romantic reasoning behind what the slightly older Padawan was talking about. Though he was wrong about one thing.

"Red is my favorite color. It's warmth, comfort. Like an open flame." But now Annelise was laughing. By the Force he couldn't keep up with these swings in the conversation. He ended up just taking a breath before exhaling slowly, and looked off towards what she mentioned. The Purrgils. They were close this time, just overhead.

It brought a smile to his face as he watched them. They were just.. Living. They didn't think or care about where they were going more than 'this is where we need to go'. The simplicity was welcome to him, especially with this dizzying conversation leaping between subjects. Aris exhaled again, and this time his body started to dim a little. It was hard to notice the faint light coming from him, but now that it was gone the absence was clear.

He couldn't keep himself heated up indefinitely.

"Yes, let's head back inside. A cold would be bad."

Loomi Loomi | Braze Braze | Anneliese Anneliese

Startled by the melodic song of the purrgil, punctuated by Anneliese's excited exclamations, Braze's attention was swiftly drawn upwards. A smile crept onto his face as he felt the emotional shifts in his companions. These were lighter, happier emotions, a welcome respite in a small group where the intensity was less overwhelming. He basked in this warmth, almost reflecting it back as he listened to Loomi and Aris reveal their favorite colors. Mentally, he cataloged these details, adding them to his growing list of his friends' preferences, recognizing the importance of remembering these small yet significant facts.

With a sense of contentment, Braze decided to guide the group back towards the warm interior. As they moved, he leaned in to offer a hushed, whispered sentiment to Aris. "Don't worry - you might figure it out... eventually," he said in a cryptically playful tone, his words laced with a gentle teasing that hinted at deeper layers of understanding.

Anneliese smiled softly as she looked back to Loomi and gently nodded her way, and then she noticed Aris, noting that the both of them were getting cold. “I agree guys, let’s go in.” Walking over towards Aris, she twirled her unruly curls in her fingers as she walked closely by Aris towards the door. “So… red is your favorite color? That’s good… that’s nice.” She bit her bottom lip slightly as she looked down. Coming now back onto the ship, Anneliese shed her jackets. Wearing a simple tan v-neck shirt, a pair of blue jeans, and her brown boots she turned back around to Aris - her small yet athletic frame shown in her modest attire. “Would you like me to get you a cup of hot chocolate? Or maybe even something else?” Leaning to the right she looked back towards Loomi and Braze. “ Would y’all like me to get you something?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom