Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Punishment Due... (TJO/Pub and LS Jedi Only)

Ket noted Ryan's response, and simply nodded to himself. Perhaps the boy was as smart as Jorus had hinted at. Most would give a long winded retort. Ryan simply spoke his mind, simple and clear, and left it at that. Sadly enough, Ket still had his full connection tot he Force, as nothing felt like it was hampering his connection. He could break away, even right now. He needed nothing but that connection in order to do so, and perhaps even worse. He knew Sith Lords who would give their life for this opportunity. Yet, he was not a Sith Lord anymore. No matter what labels those such as Knight Korr felt like slinging upon him, he knew better. He was a Jedi Master, like those Knight Korr counted himself among. But he was guilty. A criminal, who must pay for his crimes. He knew that, all too well. And so even with his full connection tot he Force, he made no attempts to escape. No, his reckoning would happen, and soon enough. He could feel the presence of [member="Corvus Raaf"], a Jedi Master whose career he'd followed closely since her days as a Padawan with the rest of the Padawan Pack. Of the Grand master, [member="Kiskla Grayson"], a Jedi he'd known for ages. He knew of so many more... Jedi Knight [member="Kian Karr"], Knight [member="Kana Truden"], Knight [member="Avalore Eden"], even Padawans such as [member="Johnny Diamonds"] and [member="Darius Olar"]. He knew the character of each and every one. He could have fled tot he Silver Jedi, or even the Levantine Sanctum. He could have ended up Dark Lord of the One Sith, yet here he was, bound and being led into a cell within the prison ship.

He sighed lightly, and merely uttered a few words as he was locked away within the all-white room. "By the Force, I can only hope they are true Jedi."

And at that moment, he longed for one person. Not his so-called mate, nor his brother, or his family, or even his apprentice. No, all he longed for was a few more kind words with Master [member="Coryth Elaris"].

Corvus landed on the prison ship. She powered down 'Raven' and sat in the cockpit. She was here but what to do? The former Sith was...Actually, was he a former Sith, really?... Anyway, he was no doubt in custody and Knight Korr had the situation under control. As before, she wasn't here to join in any interrogation or demand to know what was going on. She had faith in Korr and above all trusted in the Force. If it needed her here for some reason, she would find out soon enough. Korr was advanced enough to sense her presence. If he needed her, he would let her know.

So she let the hangar team know she was remaining on her ship for now and walked slowly to the Meditation Chamber on her vessel to wait. But before she connected fully to the Force, a worrying thought popped into her mind. If he needed her she may not be enough!

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

Having had enough of people's staring Kana eventually boarded the ship on which she found herself seated in front of. Entering the cockpit she noticed the blinking communications panel. Her eyebrow perked up and she pressed the button to receive the message which to her surprise was very short.

Apparently the mission was successful and the man was in custody yet here she was on Mon Cal without even having seen a single glimpse of any other Jedi. A quick look at the sender information would reveal that Kana had not been the only ship on standby. Who was this Ket Van-Derveld and why did he warrant this many ships to circle the planet in order to bring him in? A small sigh of disappointment later and she began flicking the switches of her shuttle.

This may not have been the shuttle they had been looking for but the shuttle still had to be returned, right?

Caid Centurion

C
"Admiral. You've just received a message from a Ryan Korr? Jedi Knight?"

Caid glanced up from his work to see the Captain standing in his doorway. "Who in the hell is that?" Waving a dismissive hand, the Admiral did not permit his aide to respond. "Nevermind. Send it to my terminal." In the next couple minutes, Caid received and read the message. Apparently, the Jedi had made an arrest and transported the individual to a prison ship. That was certainly a logical decision. However, it was not precisely Caid's area of regulation. [member="Aurelia Saelari"] was responsible for enforcing the Republic's laws through various means. At one point, the Senate had a Judicial Committee which he...never really understood.

To be on the safe side, he forwarded the information from [member="Ryan Korr"] to both Aurelia and [member="Alena Beswin"]. The Admiral added his own brief comment. "I will ensure the vessel remains in controlled Republic systems for the duration. If you wish him transferred to civil custody, feel free to go direct to Knight Korr and have the transport arranged."

Ket sat in that cold, sterile room upon the prison ship, alone with nothing but his thoughts and the clothes on his back. True, he still felt the Force, and knew if he called upon it, it would heed such a call, and he might find himself free and in control of an entire ship of the Jedi's undesirables. Yet, he was not want to do such a thing. No, he simply sat there, quiet and contemplative. And yet, he felt more alone than he'd ever felt in his life. Even centuries alone and semi cognizant in hibernation felt less lonesome that his current situation. Perhaps it was being forced to be alone when the only voice within his mind was his own. It seemed reasonable an assumption to him, yet, he still wished a spot of company. Though, he was well aware the only company he'd have was those Jedi whom took the chance to question him before his trial. He'd hoped quite a bit that Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] would shake loose her need to be nothing more than someone who kept watch. She was the most Jedi of the Jedi. Truth be told, he felt that she would make a better Grandmaster than even [member="Kiskla Grayson"]. He cared not for popular opinion. This was just the truth as he knew it, and he knew it well. Such was the mind of a man such as he. After all, it was his job to know what the Jedi thought, if to do nothing more than avoid them when needed.

For now, he had one recurring, repeating thought. [member="Coryth Elaris"]. She was something more to him, something that transcended thoughts of Sith or Jedi. That went beyond concepts of friendship and trust. She was...something even he had no word for. And as he sat there, he began to sing quietly, letting the bare walls amplify the sounds that came deep within him...

My lover's got humour
She's the giggle at a funeral
Knows everybody's disapproval
I should've worshiped her sooner
If the heavens ever did speak,
She's the last true mouthpiece...
Every Sunday's getting more bleak,
A fresh poison each week...
'We were born sick, ' you heard them say it
My Church offers no absolutes
She tells me, 'Worship in the bedroom.'
The only heaven I'll be sent to
Is when I'm alone with you—
I was born sick,
But I love it?
Command me to be well...
Aaaaaamen. Aaaamen. AAAAmen.
Take me to church,
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies,
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife,
Offer me that deathless death,
Good God, let me give you my life!
If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
To keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
Drain the whole sea,
Get something shiny,
Something meaty for the main course?
That's a fine looking high horse!
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful...
That looks tasty,
That looks plenty.
This is hungry work!
Take me to church,
I'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife,
Offer me my deathless death,
Good God, let me give you my life!
No Masters or Kings...
When the Ritual begins,
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin...
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
Only then, I am Human.
Only then, I am Clean.
Aaaaamen. Amen. AaaaAAAmen. Amen!
Take me to church,
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife,
Offer me that deathless death,
Good God, let me give you my life.....
And as his voice faded out, he did something he'd not done since he was but a child. His eyes closed, they shut tight, and from deep within, a single tear was shed. And that single tear rolled slowly down his cheek, pausing a moment before escaping his skin, and crashing to the ground below, a tiny little puddle of all that he was.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ket Van-Derveld"]

"Me, I never was much of a singer. Alright, that's not true, but it's been ages."

The man looked young, carried the Force like an unassuming midgrade Master, and felt...ambiguously familiar, even to some of the very old. Just one of those faces, presumably. He walked like a tired man who'd had a weight lifted from his shoulders, and he carried two cups of cafeteria stimcaf. Bitter, grainy, the wrong kind of sweet -- the Republic Navy caf-squared approached decency with hesitation. Without ceremony, trickery, or spilling a drop, he tapped the cell's field controls using the knuckles of one hand. He entered the soul-sucking white cell with the equanimity of one who'd spent time in more oppressive prisons, and offered Ket one of the cups of stimcaf. Man to man, he pretended not to notice that Ket had been crying.

He slurped his own caf gingerly; it was a little too hot. "I'm Master Windspeaker; you can call me Shule if I can call you Ket. How do you see this playing out, Ket?"

Corvus expected the call to action to come via the Force, not through an urgent intercom message.

"Master Raaf, a Mandalorian Jedi has entered the prison cell, we thought you ought to know"

It was unbecoming of a Jedi to run under these circumstances, so she walked very, very quickly. Firing of a massage to those that needed to know, promising she wouldn't start a diplomatic incident, she arrived at the cell as quickly as she could.

Walking in, she bowed to both men! The prisoner she knew, the other man she recognised by reputation alone. "Master Raaf. Welcome on board. We haven't been formally introduced. There was a mix-up. It seems your papers suggested you were Mandalorian and when the admin team also saw a request from you to train Jedi in Mandalorian space, they put two and two together. And as four seemed an appropriate answer, they contacted me. Anyway, how can I help?"

[member="Shule Windspeaker"] | [member="Caid Centurion"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Serves me right for keeping my head down. I'm Shule - Master Shule Windspeaker. I've been living at the old Jedi enclave on Dantooine for a while, and yeah, the Mandalorians control that territory now, though I'm not one of them. As for what I'm doing here...well, it got suggested to me that my name might help the Order's latest guest towards a cooperative direction. Ancient history." He didn't bother discussing whether he was that Shule or not, and his Force presence certainly wasn't telling. "As for what you can help with, Master Raaf, have a caf with us and let's see if we can't all figure out what's next for Lord Van-Derveld."

Corvus shot a glance at the fomer-Jedi, or was that former-Sith? Either way, she acknowledged him.

And she grabbed a chair and sat down. In truth she hadn't heard of the Master, but if he'd been tucked away on Dantooine, that made a lot of sense. And she gave him respect because he was a Jedi. But the words of Master [member="Talon Vosra"] resonated in her mind. 'Trust in the Force. Governments will let you down. People will let you down and even you will let you down. But the Force will never let you down.' So she trusted in the Force and decided to stop the limits of her faith right there.

They were all Jedi in this room - in one way or another - but Jedi are people and people...well sometimes they like to remember that aspect of their nature first. So she smiled at Jedi Windspeaker and in turn to Van-Derveld and sent a small mental nudge to Knight Korr, in case he wanted to re-join the party. This was his prisoner after all and she respected that a heck of a lot more than titles or names.

"Don't let me interrupt." Her voice was calm and controlled. "I appreciate the invitation to stay but am more than happy to observe for now." Outwardly there was a united front. They were both Jedi representing the Galactic Republic, and Ket would see (should he choose to look) that was what was foremost in her mind.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Ryan Korr"]

The shuttle docked and Kana could finally let the disappointment sink in. At least the quiet hums of Prison Ship 522 as it simply existed in the great vacuum was enough for her to let it all go. What reason did she have to even see this Ket Van-Derveld? None, really, maybe it was just ‘Old Kana’ being curious about the Praxeum again. It was probably for the best that side was left to rest.

She made way through the ship. There had to be somewhere else to be left in peace around here, right? A prison cell came to mind but needless to say that was more than just a bad idea. Instead she settled for a walk along the corridors. It was what she did on Hoth when she had nothing to do after all. Practice was out of the question and so was meditation, seemingly.

A small groups of guards passed her by. The relieved looks on their faces would indicate their time on-duty had come to an end, at first.

“I’m just saying, I’m glad the others got Sith-duty.”

“Yeah, I don’t plan on being choked or spaced anytime soon.”

Like a mental roundhouse kick to the face Old Kana popped back into her mind and the Jedi Knight turned her head to look at the guards. They had been relieved quite literally. Ket was on the ship. With hurried footsteps she made way for interrogation, it seemed like the most plausible location of the Sith Lord.

Eventually she found herself standing outside the door, hand raised for entry yet hesitation kicked in. What if she would be getting in the way? No, yes, maybe… Hmm...

She stepped away and gave it some more thought. She didn’t want her approach to be too much too fast after all.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]​
[member="Shule Windspeaker"]​
[member="Ket Van-Derveld"]​

The scarred young knight with patience problems rounded the corner and nearly bumped into the blonde standing just outside the door.

"Excuse me," earnest gray eyes held her gaze, "Apparently this Sith is rather popular."

Blonde hair, like Kiskla's, but her features were rounder, with curving brows and full lips. Not the sharp lines of the Grandmaster, whose face might as well have been cut from glass. He wondered who she was and why this [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] attracted so much attention. He called already feel another unfamiliar presence inside, along with [member="Corvus Raaf"].

Korr continued to hold the gaze, while the writer went off to check a box on his New Year's Resolution.

[member="Kana Truden"]

In those few moments of clarity a man had in his life, it was said that things seemed to line up perfectly. They seemed to show a man all that he was, all that he would be, all that he is. Perhaps this was one of those times. Maybe the FOrce itself had greater things in store for Ket Van-Derveld. Maybe this was the end of the line. There was even the possibility that this was a whole new begining for him. But One could not be made whole once more with serious repercussions. It took all that he was capable of just to kep himself from falling once more into a new kind of madness. A new sort of cruel, unusual fate. Yet, something told him that this was not the path he was destined for. Something told him that he was never meant to be whqat he had once been. That he was capable of so much more, and that with the right guidance, he could be the one to change all that was wrong with the galaxy. Yet, in this moment, all he could feel was the pressence of another. Someone who he knew not, yet felt ever so familiar to him. He wasn't sure why, but he knew the man that walked into his cell somehow. And as he lamented on his owns inging, he offered Ket a cup of stimacaf. Oddly enough, he reached up, and took the offered cup with a look of thanks on his face. He let it's warmth wash over his face as he took in it's scent, and sipped it slowly.

"Shule... I knew a man named Shule once, long ago, in my youth. He was a good man, one i'd call myself lucky to have met."

Ket took a drink of the piping hot stimcaf, and looked up to Shule.

"Call me anything you feel proper. I'm just a man, looking to own up to his past."

It was then that the Jedi Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] entered his holding cell. She was a vision of proper Jedi, something he'd not seen since the days of his early youth, when he was still a Jedi under the tutelage of Master Liam Jinn. When Rebel was the foremost Jedi Warrior and Yoghurt was the Grandmaster of the Order. Force have mercy, that was how long ago?? 800, 850 years ago? Gods, had he truly been alive that long ago? He wondered how he was even here, in the now. Yet they both spoke of him, and wonder aloud what the endgame would be. He could feel that COrvus thought nothing more than the Code of the Jedi. That Shule truly wanted to know what Ket himself felt was the endgame of this whole ordeal. Yet, as he was about to speak, he felt a presence outside the cell he sat in. Something pure, something real. A woman, someone he'd followed closely. Knight [member="Kana Truden"]. He knew her better than most within the Order knew her, or even knew of her. She was something that reminded him of himself. He knew full well that if she was to reach her own potential, she needed to see the worst the galaxy had to offer. And who was worse than he himself? Not many.

"I can't tell you what I think the proper endgame is, because I just don't know. But I would ask you both a simple question. Knight Truden...she lurks there, just down the hall, wondering what all the fuss is about. Let her see me. Let her be exposed to all that I am. I've followed her since the day she decided to become a Jedi. I followed her along with you, Master Raaf. Along with Padawan Diamonds, and Knight Kian Karr. Even now, I can feel her questions pouring forth. She should be given the answers so few Knights have been given answers to."

Ket set the cup down, and righted the lapels of his leather coat.

"What is destined for me, I have no idea. But if I can impart my knowledge on to even one young Jedi Knight, and show them what the Dark Path truly holds for any who choose to walk it.... If I can show them the signs of it, and how to tell the Darkness 'No', then I feel I will have redeemed myself. PErhaps not to the Jedi, but to the Force itself. My fate is sealed, No one can change that. But I can change what those who do not know actually know about the Darkness."

[member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Kana Truden"], [member="Shule Windspeaker"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"], [member="Ryan Korr"]

Kana stared at the door for a while before a man approached her. He felt like a stranger, yet something about him felt familiar. Had she seen him before? She tried to remember ever seeing him before but it all came out blank. Still, he seemed nice enough. A bit annoyed but nice enough nonetheless.

“The reports from the Praxeum claims this man was present at the time.” Kana nodded at the door. “So was I.”

It seemed like so long ago to her. She was still a Padawan back then and most of the details had faded since. Everything except the most important lesson she had ever learned: Shut up around sith lords. She had tried to act tough but had gotten her ass handed back to her ten times over. It was a burn that had oozed for ages until recently which perhaps was for the best.

“I’m not actually expecting entry but I have to admit that I am…” She was about to break her new persona as well as the code. “... Curious.”
[member="Ryan Korr"]​

"Aren't we all."

Korr remembered the Praxeum well. Ket had tried to use the power of Malacia on him. The experience was not one he would like to repeat. Fortunately, the attempt - however brief - had been futile. Sith using Jedi abilities seemed rather arrogant, but then Sith as a whole were arrogant. Except now one arrogant Sith seemed to be having an identity crisis. Ryan could only wonder if it was a fleeting phase, or a true effort toward the light. Yes, it was curious.

The Jedi bowed slightly, "Pardon, I am Ryan Korr.... and I happen to be the current, uhm, warden of our penitent Sith, if you want access to the cell."

In truth, Ryan had no idea who that unfamiliar presence was inside the cell. He should probably amend that.

[member="Kana Truden"]

Corvus smiled. It was a real ear to ear effort. She'd felt Kana's presence from the moment her ship came close to their current location. It was a presence she hadn't felt for quite some time. And as much as she wanted to spend time with her best friend, she had to agree with Ket Van-Derveld.

She was a little nervous of what the former Sith had in mind, but his desire to speak to her was positive and she knew her friend well enough to allow the situation to develop to see what would happen. Only the weak fell to the Dark-side and she had every faith in Kana.

So she stood and bowed to them both. "Until the next time." And then she nodded to their prisoner. "I don't know why, but I believe you and now I need to speak with Knight Korr, I suspect he's about to get lonely."

She left the room. There were conflicting emotions. It had been a long, long time since they'd last met - but business is business. "Kana...we have so much to catch up on, but for now you're needed in there. And Knight Korr...we've never properly spoken before, have we..."

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Ket Van-Derveld"] | [member="Shule Windspeaker"]

Hints of sarcasm, now that was something Kana could appreciate. She gave the man a small chuckle and smile as she bowed.

“Kana Truden.” She stood up and looked at the warden. “It’s good to meet you, [member="Ryan Korr"].”

Her eyes wandered astray. The panel to the door was right there and he was the warden. She gave the man a second look before reaching out to open the door. She hadn’t gotten the access for it but he did state the fact that he had access. Her eyes began shifting between the door and the warden at an increasing rate before she eventually opened her mouth to speak.

“As the warden shouldn’t you -” Kana was cut short by Corvus. Kana was apparently wanted inside. “I’m what? Yeah, of course we should but I mean…” She shook her head. “What?”

Her hand dropped down and she gave her friend a strange look before nodding a 'goodbye' to the both of them. She had never been explicitly requested before. At least not in situations like this, was she supposed to be happy or afraid? She took a seat in front of the prisoner. The chair was cold, but her bed on Hoth had been colder. With her seat pushed closer to the table she crossed her legs and placed her hands on the table. She had to be calm and stay as quiet as she could, even former Sith could have that bite to them.

“You wanted to see me, Mister Van-Derveld.” The tilt of her head and a raised eyebrow was all she afforded the man. “What for?”

He didn’t seem that dangerous when up-close. Regretful or maybe even indifferent, but not dangerous.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]​
[member="Ket Van-Derveld"]​
[member="Shule Windspeaker"]​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The cell currently contained [member="Kana Truden"] and [member="Ket Van-Derveld"], the others having left or not yet entered. But this was just about always how it was when the Jedi captured a figure of controversy -- and the Sith did the same. He remembered being hauled before groups of Dark Masters to account for-

Well, that was ancient history.

Action through inaction, an old and often forgotten Jedi principle, kept him quiet as the situation progressed, and for the moment he was content to listen, to see what Ket and Truden discussed. Shule sipped his stimcaf.

Ket kept his silence until Corvus decided she was needed elsewhere. To that end, Ket gave a small nod, and nothing more. It was his way of acknowledging her words, and understand her actions. He could feel the conflict all around him.The Jedi of this age seemed to carry conflict in spades, more-so than even their lightsabers. It was a sad thing, but that's just how it was these days, in this time. Yet, it was then that a familiar yet alien presence moved into the cell he occupied. Jedi Knight Kana Truden. A conflicted and confused Jedi. One who tried to hard to put on the veneer of being a proper Jedi, yet he could feel all the pain and anguish she hid behind bright eyes. Perhaps it was his being still so in tune with the Darkness he'd finally come to betray after so long in it's grasp. One did not just give up all their talents in a single day, let alone a week or even a month. Ket fought his instincts tooth and nail at every turn. He knew what the Darkside could do, what it was capable of. And that was why he wished to see Kana. He knew all too well she was merely a few steps from turning down the wrong path, even if others thought her strong. Ket knew such strength was just a way of masking the inability, the weakness, the sorrow and pain.

Looking to Kana, he fought back the urge to laugh, and fought it hard. He could feel all that she surpressed, as if it were the most obvious thing one could never hide.

"No, Knight Truden. I do not wish to see you. You wish to see me. And here I am. The question is, are you prepared for it?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Kana Truden"], [member="Shule Windspeaker"], [member="Ryan Korr"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"], [member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Kian Karr"]

Corvus raised an eyebrow at Knight Korr. "You're not going to try to hug me are you? I recognise that look. But seriously, what do you think about the current situation in there?" She jerked her thumb towards the cell. "He's your prisoner, you took the risk and brought him in, I saw you. You were a credit to the Order. But beyond that, what do you think we should do?"

[member="Ryan Korr"]

Maybe she had misjudged him. Not only was he regretful and indifferent, he was cocky to boot. She leaned back into the chair. Eyebrow still perked but head not tilted. What would he mean that she wanted to see him? Okay, she did but who wouldn’t? Judging by the security there was no reason to be at least a little curious about the individual known as [member="Ket Van-Derveld"].

“You’re pretty sure of yourself.” She crossed her arms in an effort to appear more dominant. Kana being who she was it didn’t work. “What reason would I have to see you?”

She looked over at the exit. Corvus was on the other side of that door. If anything were to happen she’d be there for Kana. She took a step away from the table while keeping her attention focused on the prisoner. She wasn’t comfortable playing some sort of interrogator and it was showing. The decision to even try to play the part was beyond even her but it was too late to back out of it now, wasn’t it?

“What am I supposed to be prepared for?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom