Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Profaned Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

b287wSu.png

VP0IcEm.jpg

xjOdqro.png

Intent: To expand upon the backstory of Darth Ptolemis' lightsaber crystal.

Image source:
Reddit.

Canon link: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kyber_crystal

Permissions:
Link.
HNleFQk.png

Name: The Profaned Crystal

Manufacturer: Naturally occurring mephite crystal.

Affiliation: Darth Ptolemis Darth Ptolemis

Market status:
Closed-market

Modularity: None

Production: Unique

Material: Dark Side-imbued natural kyber crystal.
cfiCR3f.png

Classification: Crystal

Weight:
Average

Color: Black and maroon, produces a crimson blade in a lightsaber.

Resistances:

- Blasters and other plasma-projectile weapons:
High

- Kinetic: High

- Lightsabers: High

- Environmental: Average

- Force: High

- All other types: Average
mOdTcRM.png

× Manipulation field: as a result of the bleeding process, the crystal adopted new characteristics. When in use by a Dark Side Force user (either embedded into a lightsaber or otherwise), a manipulation field may be triggered through sheer willpower. This field expands slowly and affects an opponent's mind and sensory organs once it reaches them; in practice, the first effect is auditory. Inarticulate, eerie whispers are heard. Then, after a time, faint visual hallucinations are projected onto immediate surroundings and peripheries, most often triggering a grotesque form of pareidolia; but tactile, olfactory and gustatory hallucinations may also happen. None of these effects are debilitating, however the constant distraction caused by the subtle manipulations of an opponent's mind are not to be underestimated.

× Ominous hum: when embedded into a lightsaber, the activated saber's hum occasionally fluctuates, giving the impression of the crystal screaming for help. The sound is infernal, deep and mechanical-sounding. This effect only happens in the presence of Light Side Force users.

gWny3PB.png

[+] The "manipulation field" and the "ominous hum" features of the crystal provide a foreboding prologue to any physical confrontation with the Sith Lord Darth Ptolemis.

[+] The crystal amplifies Force powers that affect the mind of an opponent.

[-] For the select few who are familiar with the crystal's past, its manipulative effects may be turned against Ptolemis when in the vicinity of a Light Side Nexus.

[-] The "manipulation field," as well as the "ominous hum" effect is rendered completely inert when in Force-neutral zones (ysalamiri field, other Force voids).
TzMNEnb.png

The crystal was originally embedded into the lightsaber of Jedi Master Traden Avarice Traden Avarice and along with the saber, was taken from him by the former Sith apprentice Orlov Ansonnir, now known only as Darth Ptolemis. The crystal was subsequently taken out of the weapon and bled by the shadowy adept, whose hate, disdain, and obsession with profane secrets and ancient powers had corrupted it – thereby endowing it with strange, illusory qualities. However, before Ptolemis, the crystal had long served the noble Jedi Traden Avarice and has several wounds deep inside of it, exploitable by Light Side Force users who know of Avarice's past life.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Darth Ptolemis Darth Ptolemis

Welcome to the Factory! I'll be your judge today.
  • Affiliation: The Dark Side - This means everyone can use it who is on the Dark side. I recommend to edit it to your character's name.
    Affiliation: (Individual Character Name (an individual PC/NPC who is permitted to use this item), Company Name(s) (Companies authorised to use this submission), Faction Name(s) (Factions authorised to use this submission), other potential options include a submitted NPC unit, or another general organisation/group.)
  • Your ratings are overpowered (+4), please edit this.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • fHeat and Cold is one resistance, this is Element or Environmental, so please keep only one.
That's all, if you need any help, feel free to ask here, in this thread. And if you have a question or finished the edits, please tag me here, I'm not following the thread so if you not tag me, possible I'll not see this.

MANIAC MANIAC

Glad to be here, thank you! :)

I couldn't figure out how to operate the spreadsheet I'm sorry, so I just put every resistance on average in hopes that it's balanced now. :p

I fixed the other points you've mentioned too.

Let me know if there's anything else I should edit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom