Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Power Over All: Who is the Most Powerful Force User? [Potential Spoilers]

A Bunny said:
Non-Canon? The Cloned Emperor, y'know who created wormholes and other scary space things like black holes. He could even rupture the force in someone, which is why Luke needed his sister and Mara Jade to fight him. Yet, he couldn't even fight the Emperor directly, he had to be a little rebel terrorist and blow up his SSD Eclipse with super-force energy things.
This. Palpatine ftw.

Although I will admit it's a toss-up between him and Vitiate.

Regardless, it seems clear that the Dark Side is the more overtly "powerful" side of the Force. Sith are usually the better duelists and the most ridiculously broken Force powers are usually Dark Side. But it all depends on your definition of "power". The power of the Dark Side always comes at a physical and mental price. And Jedi don't care much for attaining greater and greater power anyway, so it makes sense that their abilities are less over-the-top.

The power of the Dark Side leads to their ruin in the end. Divided, the Sith turn on each other and consume themselves. United, the Jedi survive and emerge victorious.

Palpatine was a better character though...in that he actually was a character and not an archetype boss fight. :p

Tamara said:
The power of the Dark Side leads to their ruin in the end. Divided, the Sith turn on each other and consume themselves. United, the Jedi survive and emerge victorious.

Palpatine was a better character though...in that he actually was a character and not an archetype boss fight. :p
Eh, this all the way, it is why I picked the Republic for this Jawa

Tamara said:
I'm talking moreso about individual powers.

Though it could also be argued that the unity of the Jedi did not necessarily make them better by itself. In the prequels, the Jedi Order was pretty damn near useless.

EmKay

Are we considering overall power or just killing power in this? Is it relative to the individual? Why do I ask?

Nihilus.

EmKay

[member="Valeria Aetani"]
I actually looked up why. The rude version would be to say "Meetra had plot armour". The plot-friendly version would be that Meetra exploited not only his connection to Visas (knowingly), but also it was her status as "A wound in the Force" that allowed her to avoid being utterly devoured by him.

From Wookieepedia:

Trained to perfection by Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious was considered by many, including Darth Vader[165][183] and Luke Skywalker,[165] to be the most powerful Sith Lord in the entire history of the Sith Order—something he himself firmly believed.[1][23] His status as such had also been documented within the the second edition of an important historical chronicle.[26]Additionally, he was the only Sith Lord in a thousand years to achieve the ultimate goal of the Sith: to eradicate the Jedi Order and bring the galaxy under the rule of the Sith.[23] He was also considered the one Force user to have successfully tamed the Dark Side of the Force, exceeding even that ofUlic Qel-Droma.[157]

In addition to his lightsaber combat skills, Darth Sidious was one of the most powerful Force users of all time, perceived in the Force by his apprentice, Darth Tyranus, as a "black hole of the dark side."[23]Both Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, likewise, had viewed Sidious as having become the Dark Side's most powerful expression.[165]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom