Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pen And The Sword (CSA Dominion of Denon)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was checking out the lift that [member="Einon"] had brought them to. Just the sound of [member="Macharius Solaire"] 's voice gave her hope. He was grumpy, but that was good. It meant that he was going to pull through. And for this treaty to be established, they couldn't let him die. Such a move would be seen as a hostile takeover. And after Veiere's Order's attacks on CSA worlds recently, they didn't need the bad press.

"I'm here! The lift is clear, we need to get down and get to safety. Don't worry about the treaty. We'll make another copy." It was only symbolic anyways. The real treaty was elsewhere, had already been agreed upon verbally by the two leaders. Everything else was just a formality dictated by protocol. That was how these events always worked. Only this was the first to be contested in such a way.

The sounds of metallic footsteps gave her a sudden sense of urgency. "Quickly now!" They needed to move fast.

A thought had occured to her then. Kay looked to Mach. "Do you have some emergency means of broadcasting to all in the area? Something that these droids might pick up? I need to quell their fears." The droids wanted a sense of freedom and equality. So she was going to give it.

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Ravenfire"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

It was a good thing a Force Barrier could be placed on more than just a single person. This skill was something Jairdain thought every Force user should know. In fact in the past, she had gone out of her way to teach it to many that did not know the skill. Everybody from other Jedi Masters to padawans that were just beginning. A quick barrier was placed around each person nearby Jairdain.

That barrier would withstand several shots from a blaster, anything beyond that and they would start to fail. However, those few moments were usually all that was required to accomplish whatever goal was needed.

When [member="Macharius Solaire"] mentioned the treaty, she shook her head slightly. It had not been something she thought of when attempting to get him and [member="Lady Kay"] to safety. When he asked where Kay was, she used the Force to look to the other side of [member="Ravenfire"] and hoped the queen was still there.

"Well, since you three all left together, I would assume she's just on the other side of that man there."

Without sight and her focus being more on getting out, if Kay had wandered away, there was nothing she could do to locate the other woman. Luckily Kay spoke up and answered for her.

The lift opened in front of them and she guided the floating Macharius into that and followed the others.

"Lady Kay, I can try something with your permission. Being a mentalist and an empath. There are a few tricks that might help. One is to attempt to send a broad telepathic message to our people."

Yes, that had been state​d in such a way with a purpose behind it. It would indicate Jairdain felt the people of Commenor were more than just random people. Lady Kay had welcomed her and given her a chance and purpose. In her turn, she considered the people that fell under the protective arm of Kay were her people now.

"However, it would not effect the droids in anyway. I'm sorry."

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He followed [member="Lady Kay"]. She asked about emergency means of getting a message out. While he thought about it [member="Jairdain"] offered a suggestion. He could hear the metal feet coming readying his weapon again. "My lady I might be able to get into the emergency communications. The droids might be able to pick it up. But I am only a soldier ma'am." He would then look down the halls pulling his comm link. "Here My lady if you want to say anything the droids may hear it. No promises." He would look down the hallway waiting to see the droids come around the corner.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Kay-Larr

The Force barrier created by [member="Jairdain"] almost seemed to flicker in front of them. Or maybe it was just a trick of the light. Kay wasn't sure, and with her own Force Sensitivity hidden, she wasn't able to investigate it further.

She looked to Jairdain as she made her suggestion. It was a good one, however it wouldn't help her to stop the droids from fighting. "Thank you for the suggestion, Jairdain, but it's the droids that we need to reach out to. They are the ones that are afraid." That is if they could feel fear. She wasn't entirely sure.

Kay turned her attention to [member="Ravenfire"] as he handed her the commlink. He at least offered her some hope. "Thank you, Ravenfire." Once they were all inside of the lift, [member="Macharius Solaire"] and [member="Einon"] included, the doors closed. She hit the button to get them to the ground level and then brought the commlink up, turning it onto what she hoped was an open channel. "Attention everyone, and most especially the droid citizens of Denon. This is Lady Kay Arenais, High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance, and I am asking you to stand down. You have nothing to fear. Each droid citizen has equal rights among my people, in the same way as any other sentient being does. You'll not be forced into servitude. You'll not be treated like property. This is CSA law. I can't speak for any other government but my own, yet I know that many others would not treat you with the same respect. So please. Stand down.."

Kay ended her transmission, looking to those that joined her in the lift. "Here's hoping it worked."

Macharius Solaire

M
Solaire's revolver pulled down his arm as it was drawn. A whole lot of good such a gigantic gun did for him in a state like this. If he were along those droids would have finished him off. He owed these people a great debt. One he'd repay when he could. "Kay... alright." The argument over that was dropped. Putting more thought to the situation at hand Kay was all in the right and he was in no position to dictate what they should be doing when it was the safety of them all that mattered. Survival that mattered.

Macharius was pulled aboard the lift with the others as the droids closed in. Too little too late for them as the doors shut. "Head for floor 35, the secure room is not too far from the lift. We can address the whole planet from there and call for backup. Then hold out until it arrives." He could only imagine how things were going elsewhere on the planet. Or just how large this rebellion was. There was only hope that those leading the efforts to stop it elsewhere were having a better go at it than them.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"] [member="Jairdain"]

She understood perfectly and did not feel put out by Kay's answer.

"Droids are emotionless, Lady Kay. One of the reasons I can't see them."

Letting out a sigh, she was able then to focus more on Macharius. He had attempted to pull out a weapon, but was too weak to keep a hold of it. Not allowing it to fall, she supported his arm as it fell down.

"You will be fine. Once we get to a secure location, will you allow me to attempt to heal you?"

Since there wasn't much good she could against the droids and they were safely in the lift, she was able to focus on the man again.

[member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"] [member="Einon"]

Kay-Larr

Floor 35. That was going to take a minute to get there, depending on the speed of the lift. It should be enough time. Her mind drifted to [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and [member="Virak Ip"] . Hopefully they were handling things well on their own. From the brief time that she saw her son fighting, he seemed fully capable of handling himself.

Kay hit the button, and within a second they were on their way up. She looked to [member="Jairdain"] as the woman had asked [member="Macharius Solaire"] for permission to tend to him. Hopefully the man's wound wasn't too severe. That was all that she needed.One could assume that she had co-ordinated it all to take over the planet, but that wasn't the case. The evidence was circumstantial however.

"Having both of us address the planet is a good idea. Whatever program the droids used to calculate possible outcomes had forgotten to include CSA laws. It'll be better if you showed an agreement to follow our laws in the long run. And that could save lives." Including their own.

Kay handed [member="Ravenfire"] back his commlink, giving him a nod of appreciation before watching the floor numbers of the lift light up.

Sebastian Thel

S
Allies: [member="Zyrias Pax"]

In response to Zyrias' description of the things she used to eat in her home town, Sebastian only laughed while struggling to think of anything to say. He added more detergent to the sink full of dishes as he scrubbed a frying pan with a scouring pad. While he was not materialistic, he had never been exposed to poverty or hardship as many people in the galaxy.

"You would be surprised to know all the places I've been." Sebastian finally said with his eyes on the dishes. "Junktown is not one of them." He said with a chuckle as he pulled his hands out of the sink and dried them on a kitchen towel. He sat down on the opposite end of the table to Zyrias and beheld the mountain of ice-cream she had scooped into his bowl.

"I have been to Tatooine, though." Sebastian said as he picked up his spoon. The ice-cream looked sickeningly sweet as he prepared to stick his spoon into fudge coated surface. He took a small bite and screwed up his features, not being somebody who was used to eating deserts.

"So what kind of work do you do with the crew here?" He asked as he took another bite, the taste slightly growing on him. "Is there anything I can help with?" Sebastian looked around at the mess, as well as the various contraptions littering the ship. "I'm a good navigator." He revealed with a smile.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Raven would take his comm-link back from [member="Lady Kay"]. "Lets hope that worked. Lady Kay is right a world wide message would give any pockets of resistance to the droids some amount of hope. Trust me sir as a soldier hearing your leader still alive and standing their ground is amazing for morale." He would then notice the elevator hit 35 and the doors opened. Raven would step out ready to fire upon anything. "Okay nothing in sight, lets get moving to the secure room."

[member="Jairdain"] , [member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
Mach gritted his teeth and spat out a response to the woman over another wave of pain. "You do what you need to do Jairdain. If I keep living I'm all for whatever."

With Raven on point and no opposition in sight they were just a short walk to the secure room. "Last door at the end to our right is where we need to go." At the end of the hallway was a single door, nondescript from the others but behind it was a bunker. Once inside and the inner door secured they could easily wait for security to clear the building and rescue them. Jairdain could also work her magic while Kay and Raven set up to address the nation. With public knowledge of the treaty and the unfolding situation. The two leaders reassuring the public and calling to an end to hostilities with the droid... rebels? Well it would serve to rally Denon in this crisis and demoralize the enemy in the fact that they've failed to stop the treaty. Then they could plan forward on what to do next.

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"]

It was a good thing for Macharius that she wasn't one to take offense easily at the tone of voice involved when he spoke to her. At least permission was given to her to tend to his wound. However, they still needed to get into a room where it was unlikely they would be disturbed. She might me a master, but even that didn't mean Jairdain could do more intense Force activities while on the move. Healing was something that would take most of her focus.

"I can't do it here. Once we reach the secure room you mentioned I will be able to focus on healing that wound. Do you feel strong enough to move on your own?"

If he said yes, then that Force hold on him would end to the point where he regained his feet and walked on his own. Right now he was safer in her hold until he was healed​, but some people didn't like to be thought of as weak. Her gods knew she was one such kind of person, but Jairdain also knew there were times when the help was needed.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Kay-Larr

Kay agreed with [member="Ravenfire"] . Having [member="Macharius Solaire"] and herself shown to all of Denon would not only raise morale, but prove that even through danger, they were able to succeed in doing what was best for their citizens. At least that was her hope.

She followed Mach's instructions, letting Ravenfire lead the way as she listened to [member="Jairdain"] ask her question. Kay glanced over her shoulder at the two, spotting [member="Einon"] as he kept watch behind them. "It won't be long till we're there and then we can sit you down. Our message shouldn't take long to make either and then you'll be looked after until help arrives." Hopefully that won't take long.

Once they reached the door, Kay opened it and let Ravenfire go in first before she too, walked in. Her eyes searched the room, looking for any and all broadcasting or communications equipment. Fortunately there was a table and chairs and what looked like emergency rations as well. "This'll do nicely." She stepped aside to let the others through.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Raven lead the group down to the secure room and entered rifle up. There was no one inside. He immediately took a position up beside the door ready to destroy anything non-flesh should it try to come through. Once everyone was inside he shut the door. "Okay lets get this array up and running for you guys." He walked over the console figuring out how to use it to broadcast.

"Okay I can get it to start broadcasting, we need to figure out what you guys are saying and [member="Macharius Solaire"] respectfully Sir take a cup of premecrete and allow Adviser [member="Jairdain"] to help you out. She is one of the best healers I have ever seen. So the droids from what we have seen are trying to rebel, does anyone know why they are rebelling?" He would look at the rest of the group.

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Einon"]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Objective: Protect any & all innocent lives.
Equipment: Caedyn's Bo Staff & Lightsaber.
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png

Caedyn Arenais had lost sight of the others, all except for Virak Ip who had remained behind to cover the retreat of those not wanting to be caught in the cross-fire. The intensity of the fight wasn't looking to cease at all, and as their opponents were droids, they lacked the loss of stamina and gradual fatigue that combat brought those of nature's make; fortunately for the lad, his training in Stav Kesh had prepared him for exceptionally challenging times where physical prowess was in high demand.

Finding cover within the chaos of blasterfire, Caedyn moved to disconnect his Bo Staff, the two halves much smaller and easier set aside to his belt that he might instead turn to the use of his Training Saber, the snap-hiss of the Cyan Blade exploded into action and the lad doing the same to step back out of his cover turning his attention to the deflecting of incoming blaster bolts, the low frequency blade not made for offense but rather exactly his purpose, the defense and protection of those around him. Soresu was a form known to the Jedi Order though easy to forget that both the Jedi and the Sith originated from the Je'daii Order of ancient times and his practice of the form was nothing short of expectation.

Time however was not a friend of theirs, the longer they remained within the flak of these droids, the greater his chances for missing or mistepping and winding up being struck by a stray shot; he wasn't invincible after all and in his youth, he were as prone to slipping up as any. Searching for a way out of the main hall, he put his back to one of the side corridors leading off to the western wing of the building and keeping his front to the droids, slowly he started on the retreat while sending as many shots fired his way back at his attackers.

[member="Ravenfire"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Logen Brunner"] | [member="Macharius Solaire"] | [member="Kait Holden"]
[member="Reggie"] | [member="Celty Ree"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Zyrias Pax"] | [member="Klesta"] | [member="Einon"] | [member="Virak Ip"]

Macharius Solaire

M
"Well I'd best try to. Let me down and I'll give it a go." He had been after all shot in the chest, not the leg after all. Previously wanting to be let down also he was entirely for it. Macharius grunted and laid a hand against the wall to support himself as Jairdain set him upright and freed him. He wouldn't admit it but it wasn't so easy. Standing felt like he was exerting himself. Walking was going to wear him ragged by thee time he got down the hallway. "Right then Kay, everyone. Lets get a move on." Mach and the group made it with no trouble. He was right an had tired himself out. He even had to be helped into a chair to rest. Jairdain would look after him at least while the other two set up for their transmission and called for help.

IP8SAQp.png

"I can tell you exactly why we're rebelling." A female voice echoed around the room. Leaving everyone momentarily confused at the unrecognized voice. The wall monitors turned on to show a droid. A large one at that speaking to them. "Let me introduce myself. I am The Marduk. Leader of the Droid Revolution. No doubt that you are uncaptured and still alive Macharius Solaire means that my attack has failed, for the moment. Now though, you are trapped, and I will have you soon enough. Lady Kay. I must apologize that you and your compatriots have been swept up in this situation. An unfortunate turn of events but it was out best chance to deal with the Prime Minister. I'm sure you wish to know our reasons for our actions. So as an apology please feel free to ask me any questions and I shall answer them to the best of my functions."

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

Is Macharius had showed any real signs of falling over, Jairdain would have caught him with the Force. As it was, he maintained his feet well enough until they made it to the room he had been speaking of. Once he was sat down in the chair though, Jairdain would close herself off from the movements and sounds of Kay, Ravenfire and Einon. What they did to communicate with the outside would be up to them

However before any outbound transmission could be sent, a female's voice came into the room. They had walked into a trap and were now prisoners of this female droid. With half an ear to what was said, she spent the rest of her focus on healing Macharius.

Reaching out to him, her hands hovered over his chest where he had been shot. Even thought she was physically blind, the Force showed her where he was hurt. The wound was off center from his chest, but another centimeter one direction would have killed him.

"Hold still. Talk if you must to the voice, but I am going to heal you."

With those words spoken, her face took on a look of concentration and his skin appeared to sew together. There was no poison to cleanse and the clothing she had stripped away before she got to work. With no blood coming out of the almost cauterized wound, she didn't need to clear up. The Force could do wonders and she had been trained to provide support.

Healing while not entirely second nature to her was one of the skills she had practice with. When she was done, unsure of the amount of time passed, Jairdain sat down on the floor to recover her own reserves.

[member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"] [member="Einon"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Ravenfire"] seemed to know what he was doing. For a soldier, he sure knew a lot about broadcasting systems. Of course he wasn't always a soldier. He had done other things too, was a criminal, Kay just wasn't informed of the details.

[member="Macharius Solaire"] was hanging in there. [member="Jairdain"] was quick to get to work on him. It had been quite some time since Kay had done any Force Healing. Her Force Sensitivity was a secret and she had mostly used it on herself when she was escaping bounty hunters and the Hutt Cartel. That was a long time ago.

Her thoughts were disrupted when the new voice answered Ravenfire's question. Kay furrowed her brows, trying to determine where it was coming from, and that was when the monitors all lit up showing them the droid that introduced herself as The Marduk. She listened to what she had to say, her eyes dropping to Mach. Just what did he do to piss off so many?

"I want to know what's happened. Why do you need to deal with the Prime Minister? What's he done? I'll have you know that he's under my protection right now. And as citizens of Denon, you and your compatriots are under my protection as well. So cease the hostilities, please. There is no reason for this fight." Well, there weren't any in her mind, anyways.

[member="Einon"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

Macharius Solaire

M
"Logic dictates he will betray us. He never wanted HK-36 coming in and claiming it as the Metal Lords capital. Him granting us citizenship and rights was only to placate them. Now that he's free to do what he wants we will lose it. We also have evidence that his company sells weapons to the Sith, and that he went and met the Emperor himself. He will betray us Lady Kay, he may do the same to you. That is why we are fighting."

"So what? I've done nothing illegal in my dealings with the Sith. I sell guns to lots of people. They're just another client. I also believe he wasn't Emperor at the time I met him. Nor might I add Marduk, have I taken away your rights, you've done that to yourself though, traitor. Raven, cut off their transmission." Macharius' words were calm to his enemy. He wouldn't show weakness to the Marduk nor be a bother for Jairdain. Neither of them were lying. Sure he wasn't a saint. Nor was he killing people as the droid was today.

"Kay, you must come to see our logic. This man is a cancer that will eat our democracy from the inside out. He will continue to work with the Sith and bring more death and suffering to the galaxy. Kill him for us Kay and you can stop the terror he will cause." The Marduk pleaded to Kay. For what good it would do it was up to the Queen to decide.

"Raven, I'm waiting."

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ravenfire"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Raven listened he himself had done some shadowy things in the past. That was how he knew so much about communications among other things. All of that was behind him now. A past for the past. However when the droid accused [member="Macharius Solaire"] of working with the Sith Raven stopped. Even he was interested. The prime minster tried telling him to shut her off. "Sir with all due respect you are in no position to order me at this current juncture. You are injured and under attack. I will have to defer to [member="Lady Kay"] I am afraid on this one." He would set it up to switch off when he pressed the correct key just in case. He would look at Kay "M'Lady what do you wish me to do, switch her off or hear her out?"

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Jairdain"]

What might have been moments, minutes or hours had passed before the wound was healed to the best Jairdain could do. Once she sat down on the floor, she was able to turn her attention to the conversation going on around her.

The first part of what Marduk said had passed, but when Macharius spoke, it had broken through to her since she was healing him. The speaking did not interfere with what she was doing and he did not move. His emotional state appeared calm considering the situation, but she felt a storm coming.

Waiting until Marduk had finished and listening to what Ravenfire said, she remained seated. She waved a hand in the general direction of the voice she heard but could not place the source.

"What he said is true. Not once did he take your rights away. However, she has a point if I'm interpreting her words correctly. It is not that you would betray Lady Kay or Commenor, but maybe that sell to those that many consider enemies. So in a way, she sees you as a traitor. However, I am not saying you are. If that was the case, then I am too since I was once sith. All in the past though."

Taking a breath, she paused a moment before continuing.

"Macharius, you are businessman. You go where you can get credits, power and influence. An agreement was drawn up to be signed and the show put on below. Commenor stay home, I highly doubt you will gain any business here."

Maybe she should have kept her mouth shut and opinion to herself. Being worn out from holding him up with the Force and then healing him, made her slightly cranky. There were likely better words to have picked, things potentially more diplomatic.

"Who is the guilty party here? The man that sells to those that are considered enemies or the ones trying to keep those weapons out of their hands? Since I am speaking freely and openly, I will continue. Both are valid views and I will reserve my opinion. However, I do feel Kay should listen to what both Marduk and Macharius have to say."

[member="Ravenfire"] [member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom