Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Omnivident

Status
Not open for further replies.
sukT0OX.jpg

Out-of-Char-Info.gif
I N T E N T | To create the force nexus located under the Temple of the Silmä
C R E D I T S | The Omnivident [x]
| Minor PS Tweaks & Headers Done By Me
C A N O N | No​
P E R M I S S I O N S N/A​

Setting-Information.gif
N E X U S - N A M E | The Omnivident​
N E X U S - A L I G N M E N T | Dark​
L O C A T I O N | Illyria - The Temple of the Silmä
A F F I L I A T I O N | The Silmä
S I Z E | Small​
S T R E N G T H | Strong​

A C C E S S I B I L I T Y | The Omnivident is located a few hundred feet beneath the Temple of the Silmä. Originally a small cave with low ceilings, the Silmä carved three hundred steps into the mountain rock to reach it. The steps themselves are found in the center of the Temple of the Silmä. To access them, those who are not members of the Silmä would have to first have to gain access to the temple. Either by permission of the High Priestess or by putting up a fight. They would then have to find their way through the temple, which is a maze of obsidian corridors and false passages. Making it to the stairs, they would be met with two novice Silmä guarding the entrance, and another two at the bottom of the stairs before you enter the cave that contains the nexus.​

D E S C R I P T I O N | The Omnivident is a pool of translucent milk white water around ten feet in diameter, nestled in the center of a naturally formed cave. The cave around the omnivident has been carved out over the years to account for the growing number of the Silmä when the coven was popular. A single stream flowing from somewhere in the heart of the mountain feeds the pool with a constant supply of water. The Silmä have also carved rough benches from the rock in the caves to provide areas of seating for rituals. The only man-made object inside the omnivident is found a few feet from the entrance. An unnaturally large cauldron placed over an eternally burning fire pit.

Covering the floor and hanging loosely from the ceiling are blooms of white flowers, growing around naturally formed clumps of white crystal. Dotted around the caves amongst the flowers grows a fauna not found anywhere else on Illyria. Imbued by the power of the nexus, this glowing yellow mushroom, known to the Silmä as Pölvästi, forms in clumps and illuminates the cave with a glow to rival that of the omnivident itself.​

Nexus-Effects.gif
The Omnivident has a varying effect on different types of people. For those who live in the temple the omnivident projects no outward feeling of dread, darkness or power. However, when in its sphere of influence (which extends to the entire cave and a large portion of the inner temple), the members of the Silmä report feeling a stronger connection to the force. The strength of the connection is improved as their mastery of the darkside does. The Silmä have also been known to drink the translucent liquid of the omnivident, boiled with the indigenous flora that grows in the caves, to induce force visions. These visions can range from events of the past, flickers of the future or false manifestations of the mind, depending on the mental fortitude of the person drinking from the nexus. Many of the senior members of the Silmä, ones who have been surrounded by its power for many years, can use the reflective surface of the nexus to see visions as well.

Those who do not belong to the Silmä coven will report much stranger sensations. When not constantly living in its sphere of influence the omnivident’s power is reported to make a person feel light headed and dizzy. Those who are connected to the force, be it light or dark, feel a sense of darkness that only increases the closer they are to the omnivident. Light side force users in particular report severe headaches, nausea, a general feeling of exhaustion, and, the closer they are to the influence of the nexus, a potential slow drain of their light side powers as the nexus attacks their connection. These effects are reversed the moment the person leaves the omnivident’s aura. However, most of the effects of the nexus on nonmembers of the Silmä coven, whether they are light or dark aligned, are still unknown thanks to their distrusting nature of anyone who does not belong in their ranks.

The Omnivident also has a special power that allows the High Priestess, and the High Priestess alone, one final chance to defend her temple. The Omnivident is capable of sucking the life out of the coven member that jumps into its translucent waters. The life force drained is then used to empower the High Priestess. Through this she will gain years added to her life and a temporary multiplication to her power and connection to the Force. The ritual is a simple one, yet the more it is performed the more the can become damaging to the Priestess’ psyche, eventually leading to a permanent deterioration in her mental stability. Without the correct magik, including the right words to a specific spell only known to senior members of the Silmä, this power is useless and jumping into the omnivident has no effect whatsoever.​

Points-of-Interest.gif
T H E - O M N I V I D E N T [x]
The Omnivident is the force nexus that resides in the heart of the Temple of the Silmä, down a set of long hand carved stairs that go deep under rock and stone of the mountain. While the rest of the pyramid is constructed of obsidian rock, the cave containing the nexus was a natural formation, found by Kruel Zing when creating the temple. It has been hollowed out to host a sufficient number of bodies when required, and is home to a pool of translucent milk-white water around ten feet in diameter known as the omnivident. A single thin stream feeds the omnivident, flowing from somewhere deeper than the Silmä have dared to explore.

Upon entering the cave a neat fire pit is presented front and centre, with an unnaturally large cauldron placed over an eternally burning coal. Covering the floor and hanging loosely from the ceiling are blooms of white flowers, growing around naturally formed clumps of white crystal. Dotted around the caves amongst the flowers grows a fauna not found anywhere else on Illyria. Imbued by the power of the nexus, this glowing yellow mushroom** forms in clumps and illuminates the cave with a glow to rival that of the omnivident itself.

A craggy, roughly carved bench of stone lines most of the edge of the pool for the sisters to use during their rituals, except for the northern edge that faces the entrance. Instead of a makeshift bench, the sisters of the Silmä put cushions almost over the edge of the pool. These are primarily used by the high priestess and other higher members of the Silmä when using the pool to see into the past and the future.​

Historical-Information.gif
The Temple of the Silmä was originally constructed by the father of the coven, Kruel Zing. Many of the Silmä suggest that he built the temple where he did because of the sudden strengthening of his connection to the force where the omnivident lay. However, the actuality of the omnivident is that it wasn’t formed until Kruel Zing constructed the temple and conducted his experiments there. Kruel Zing was widely known to believe that sacrificing powerful souls in rituals would allow him to bind their power and knowledge to himself. These brutal and often extremely gorey rituals conducted with ancient magiks of his own construction stained the temple with untold amounts of dark power, causing the undiscovered pool beneath the temple to absorb their power instead of Kruel Zing.

The omnivident was not discovered until the first High Priestess of the Silmä began to explore the depths of the temple. Where Kruel Zing had built the temple up, the first High Priestess focused her attention on the area beneath the temple. She is accredited with the discovery of the omnivident, and of the construction that took place to create it as the Silmä know it today. The pool was originally much smaller in diameter, much like the cave the Silmä found it in, but years of dedicated and careful construction has expanded the omnivident enough for senior members of the Silmä to gather around.​

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Nimue Nimue

This is exceptional, and the use of the div code makes it particularly stunning.

I only have one comment.

The Omnivident also has a special power that allows the High Priestess one final chance to defend her temple. The Omnivident is capable of sucking the life out of a living being that jumps into its translucent waters. The life force drained is then used to empower the High Priestess. Through this she will gain years added to her life and a temporary multiplication to her power and connection to the Force. The ritual is a simple one, yet the more it is performed the more the can become damaging to the Priestess’ psyche, eventually leading to a permanent deterioration in her mental stability.

By connecting this with the defense of the temple, it's important to anticipate the submissions potential use in PVP. Of particular note, language that could be interpreted to force another player to do something they do not wish for their character is prohibited. As such, the parts of this section that relate to the life force draining need to be toned down so to be more open ended in interpretation by other writers.

Over to you for how you would like to address that. Please let me know if there are any questions in light of my review. Otherwise, please tag me when you have completed any edits.

Hello Zak Dymo! Thanks for your comments.

I've changed the special power of the omnivident to be more specific as, when I wrote it, I intended it to be a power that only the High Priestess of the coven can use.
The Omnivident also has a special power that allows the High Priestess, and the High Priestess alone, one final chance to defend her temple. The Omnivident is capable of sucking the life out of the coven member that jumps into its translucent waters. The life force drained is then used to empower the High Priestess. Through this she will gain years added to her life and a temporary multiplication to her power and connection to the Force. The ritual is a simple one, yet the more it is performed the more the can become damaging to the Priestess’ psyche, eventually leading to a permanent deterioration in her mental stability. Without the correct magik, including the right words to a specific spell only known to senior members of the Silmä, this power is useless and jumping into the omnivident has no effect whatsoever.

I also fixed a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in the process! I hope this is acceptable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom