Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Next Step

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance
div1.png

It has been years since the Temple on Coruscant was destroyed by the Brotherhood of the Maw, but now that its reconstruction is almost complete, plans for its opening were already set in motion. It was the one thing that drew Valery away from the front and the new Liberation Campaign, as the importance of this symbol to the Order couldn't be ignored. The Council was already using its chambers for meetings, Jedi were already visiting certain unrestricted areas and today, she was going to meet someone there who had shown interest in continuing his path as a Jedi within the order.

These were exciting times, and while the road ahead was going to be demanding, she hadn't felt this positive about the future since the Battle of Adrathorpe years ago.

JediTemple-TZBSB.png

"Master Noble? We received word that his shuttle has landed. He should arrive shortly," one of the workers at the Temple told her.

"Thank you, I'll meet him outside at the steps," Valery said with a smile before she walked through the grand hall at the entrance of the Temple, and stopped right at the top of the long staircase. The view from there was always something else, and so she took the time to enjoy the fresh air while she waited for Caedyn to arrive. She didn't know too much about him, but she had a good feeling about this meeting.

And with the intensity of the war and all other problems in the Galaxy, the Jedi could really use the help.

Caedyn Arenais

C
CAEDYN ARENAIS

Apparel: Tunic/Robes, Lightsaber.
Tagging: Valery Noble Valery Noble .

The Repertoire descended upon the landing pad outside of the Jedi Temple of Coruscant, piloted by Caedyn Arenais and his droid co-pilot "Lexas" who would remain on the ship in the Jedi Knight's absence.

The Coruscanti Temple wasn't your typical Jedi facility but had been the heart of the Jedi for millennia, as long as the Core World was governed by democratic nations such as the Old Republic and today, the Galactic Alliance who had retained its leadership in the Galaxy for quite some time now.

Walking down the landing ramp of the private Corvette, Caedyn paused to take in the sight of the Temple looming before him, greeted by great statues of former Jedi, nameless by his knowledge and symbols of a time long before his beginnings. This wasn't the first time he had visited the iconic Temple, however in the past, he had been a passing diplomat, whereas today he sought something of a more long-term position within the New Jedi Order.

Having served within the Order of the Silver Jedi over the years, albiet on and off, as well as serving within the Outer Rim Territories alongside the Rimward Trade League and former Outer Planets Alliance following the Coalition, Caedyn now looked to the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance to once more return to active duty as a Jedi Knight. He had taken some time away, reclusing to his home world of Mnemosyne where he lived a much quieter life teaching within the Jedi Temple there; Yet his time wasn't over, and he still felt there was much more to give. Not to mention much more personal growth to be gained.

Movement caught his eye, turning his gaze up the great steps at the first sign of another. Valery Noble Valery Noble appeared, one of numerous Jedi he hoped might become a future colleague within the New Jedi Order, and looked to be the one to greet him on his arrival. Drawing his robe somewhat tighter around his torso, he began the climb to meet her and, when nearing, would lower his head in a bow of greeting.

"Hello", He said as he straightened upright and revealed a warm smile, his appearance one of friendliness though also with a hint of intrigue as he studied his surroundings and that of the woman whom he gathered to be a fellow Jedi; "My name is Caedyn Arenais" he introduced himself, "I believe I'm expected?" he asked, hoping that he wasn't given the wrong impression and otherwise intruding on the Temple Grounds before the official opening he had been informed about.

From where she stood, Valery had a fantastic view of her surroundings, making it easy to see the Jedi Knight leaving behind his ship to begin climbing up the long staircases. When he stood in front of her and bowed, Valery smiled and dipped her upper body into a respectful bow of her own. It wasn't often these days that Jedi bowed, but with her traditional upbringing in the Old Republic, she was still very much used to it and appreciated the gesture of respect.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Knight Arenais," Valery said with a warm, friendly smile, choosing to use a more formal greeting for now. "I'm Master Valery Noble, and you were expected," she continued before she turned about halfway to gesture for the Temple with an outstretched hand.

"I was told that you were interested in continuing your path as a Jedi with the NJO, and so I figured this would be a good place to start. While most of it is technically not open yet, some areas are for Jedi." She paused and looked at him with the same smile lingering on her lips.

"Perhaps I can explain more over some tea or coffee, and learn a little more about you as well?" she offered with a rather happy tone of voice. It was always interesting to meet new Jedi, and what better way to get to know someone than talking over some drinks.

Caedyn Arenais

C
A Jedi Master. It was a privilege to be met by one of her experiences. Valery Noble Valery Noble having earned the rank that he had never felt worthy of, Though it wasn't one claimed without the approval of one's peers or Council. The first of many that Caedyn felt eager to learn more about.

"Coffee would be wonderful, thank you, Master Noble", Caedyn answered her as he moved to walk alongside Valery, entering the Jedi Temple by her gesture and welcome. From what he had heard and witnessed in his single visit in the past, the Coruscanti Temple was a very busied location even by Core World standards. In the first moments of wandering its halls together, Caedyn could already see several Jedi that gave him the impression the Jedi Enclave of Svivren that he had once presided over as the Enclave Steward would be dwarfed by comparison.

"You're correct, yes. I'd like to experience service within the New Jedi Order here alongside life within the Galactic Alliance," Caedyn confirmed, speaking further on his desire as they shared in their stroll of the Temple; "I've only ever known the Jedi of the Alliance from an outsiders perspective. Much of my service has been spent with the Order of the Silver Jedi while too serving in the Outer Rim Territories. My history has admittedly been somewhat unorthodox, and I first learned the ways of the Force from the Je'daii as a child".

Caedyn's training as a Padawan differed greatly from conventional Jedi standards as the Je'daii were taught to value all aspects of the Force. The Ashla, the Bendu and the Bogan. It wasn't something he talked about; to this day, only one person knew of his experience beyond the Lightside of the Force, that of his former Padawan Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . In Caedyn's experience, knowing what he did of what the Jedi knew as the Dark Side allowed him to be all the more mindful of the dangers of walking down that path.

"Coffee it is."

Valery beamed him a smile and began to guide him through the halls of the Temple. There were some Jedi wandering around or talking to each other, and construction crews were still busy, but it still felt a little empty inside. These days, there just weren't as many Jedi as there once were, but in comparison to most Temples out there in the Galaxy, this one was destined to become quite a large hub.

"The Silver Jedi, hm?" Valery hummed after she listened to him, "I actually once started there, not long after I got out of stasis and returned from my meditative retreat." While she wasn't truly a part of their order anymore, she still respected them and viewed them as allies. All Jedi were allies in her eyes, regardless of which Enclave or Order they belonged to. "Currently, the New Jedi Order is the most active group of Jedi when it comes to dealing with the Brotherhood of the Maw and threat they form to the Galaxy," Valery then continued as they moved into the mess hall.

"They pierced into the core and got all the way to Tython, where we finally stopped them before they could blow up the planet. More recently, we launched a liberation campaign to retake our worlds, and Empress Teta was the first to be liberated. But there's still a lot to do, so you came at the right time." Valery stopped in the kitchen and began to prepare some coffee for him — she wasn't going to let some machine make it for her guest.

"But conflict started with the Empire as well, and we're trying to still help younger generations of Jedi develop too. It's... tiring, but rewarding and important as well."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I'm not sure I've encountered the Brotherhood of the Maw before", Caedyn commented as he and Valery Noble Valery Noble entered the Kitchen and she began to make their drinks. Caedyn gestured to the bench with a questioning glance as if to silently ask if she needed any assistance before speaking on those he had faced in the field of duty; "Most of my dealings have been with the former Sith Empire and the Sith Eternalists. Otherwise my most recent confrontations were against the Bryn'adul and the Imperial Order" he explained.

Between the Sith Empire, the Warlords of the Sith and the Sith Eternal, Caedyn wasn't certain what to make of this Brotherhood of the Maw. He had heard of the tragedy of Tython, the biggest wartime catastrophe to have occurred in a great many years, if not Caedyn's lifetime. "What differences exist between the Maw and the other sects of Sith Orders?" He asked curiously, wanting to understand better the opposition he would likely face in due time.

House Arenais had long been a symbol of democracy and representation of Jedi ideals, with Caedyn's father having been with the Silver Jedi as a Master of the Order. Over the years, the household name had grown considerably in financial equity, and as Caedyn had carried on building their revenue, eventually establishing the House Arenais Humanitarian Trust, he currently held several assets that he would be able to commit to the warfront if it was required.

While she listened to him talk about the conflicts he had been a part of, she finished up his coffee and gently slid over the cup before she stepped around the kitchen counter, "The Brotherhood of the Maw became especially active right after the fall of the latest Sith Empire," Valery said, as she remembered hearing about the collapse of the Sith Empire happening around the time she returned to action. A lot of her effort had gone into finding its remnants at the time.

"The Maw are very different though, as they aren't just Sith. Much of their power comes from the tribes and various sub-groups that fight for their cause - a lot of them are extremely barbaric, or even cannibalistic in some cases. The Sith within their ranks are often more traditional, although some are more destructive." The Sith, after all, traditionally were looking for more power, not the destruction of everything. "Their path to Tython was purely an attempt to destroy anything related to the Jedi from the Galaxy, even though Tython held no strategic value to the Alliance."

"To some, perhaps a foolish tactic, but their leader was convinced it was crucial in bringing us down."

After quickly pouring a cup of tea, she joined Caedyn and brought him over to a table where they could sit down and continue their conversation. With all the wars, there was plenty to talk about, but she had something a little more personal she wanted to bring up as well.

"I'll uh, also admit that when I saw you had requested to meet with the NJO, I was quite excited to meet you. Your father was very important to my husband becoming a Jedi, and I had a feeling you'd be very helpful to our cause as well."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Tython was symbolic not just to the Jedi but the Je'daii Order too. It was a strike against our past, our origins, and a demonstration of their might. I wasn't there during the battle, but like most of the Galaxy, I heard about it and watched the reports on the Holonet" Caedyn replied as he moved to take a seat at the table, cupping his coffee with both hands, leaning in as he shared the discussion with Valery Noble Valery Noble .

"In some ways, the Brotherhood of the Maw sounds similar to the tactics used by the Bryn'adul. Pure brutality, although the Bryn'adul managed to completely devastate world after world, claiming a lot of territories as they looked to hit Silver Space. I lost a lot of good friends during those battles, and it was a war unlike anything else I've faced to this day" He spoke of the past with the horde, whole planets dominated and terraformed to be transformed into a liveable atmosphere for their species. In those days, the Order of the Silver Jedi struggled to match the Bryn'adul's aggression and ferocity in battle. Inevitably, the Galactic Alliance, the Confederacy of Independent Systems and even the New Imperial Order looked to combat the monstrous threat.

"My father?" Caedyn asked in response to hearing that Veiere's name was well received in the New Jedi Order. "I didn't realize his connections ran as far as the Galactic Alliance" Caedyn smiled at the news. He still had contact with the spirit of Veiere through the teachings of Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , communicating with his father for guidance in times of great need, and only when necessary, as it took a lot out Caedyn to achieve bridging the gap between their world and the ethereal. "Your Husband knew Veiere then? Who is he, if I can ask?".

Valery dipped her head gently in response, "When I started my training, the Jedi Order had left behind Coruscant for Tython, and while I was technically part of a smaller Enclave, we were there often and visited the Je'daii ruins regularly to learn about our history," Valery explained with a soft smile. "I understand what was at stake there for your people."

She then leaned back into her chair and listened to his comparison between the Maw and the Bryn'adul. She wasn't there for the conflict with them, but she had heard stories and helped deal with some of the trouble they caused in their former territories. It was a comparison she could get behind, "The Maw is responsible for the destruction of Csilla and so much more. They must be stopped, and I have a feeling we're finally on a path to accomplish it." Her fiery eyes seemed to burn bright with hope when she talked about it.

"Well, I'm not sure how far his connections ran with the NJO, I... haven't been around for very long," she admitted with a chuckle, "Back in the day, my husband was actually part of the Silver Jedi, because of your father and his help." Valery leaned forward to rest her arms on the table and smiled. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble is my husband, or well, he used to be Kahlil Zambrano but he took my name when we married. I don't know if you met him but he's... very special."

Her eyes drifted down to her wedding ring, and there was a very loving smile that touched her lips, "Kahlil and our daughter are really what keeps me going every day, and remind me why it's so important that we keep up the fight against the Maw. I'm sure you understand that feeling," she looked up at him and briefly bit her lip as memories rushed into her mind.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Ah yes, Kahlil", Caedyn spoke, lifting his head in a half-nod, recognizing the name and immediately being able to put a face to it; "I remember him from his time with the Order of the Silver Jedi. I didn't realize he had joined the ranks of the New Jedi Order, too," Caedyn elaborated with a faint smile. He and Kahlil hadn't dealt with one another often, if at all, but Caedyn had learned much over the years between communing with Veiere Arenais, his Holocron and the other Masters of the Silver Jedi Order.

"Children do have that effect" he continued with a soft chuckle; "I, too, have a daughter who's presently in the Shiraya Expanse with the Ascendancy. Sadly we don't see each other too often. Her Mother, Asaraa and I first met on my homeworld of Commenor, and it was Asaraa who convinced me to join the Silver Jedi. She later moved to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and as we followed our separate paths, things grew difficult..." Caedyn expressed, not having meant to divulge so much yet finding Valery Noble Valery Noble easy to talk to and soon giving something of a sheepish smirk, rubbing the back of his neck out of an anxious habit. "Sorry, details you didn't ask for", he feigned a laugh to try and save face for his embarrassment. "In any case, my Daughter Kristyl motivates me to continue trying to better myself and serve the Galaxy".

There were threats like the Brotherhood of the Maw and the Eternalist Sith Order, dangers that Caedyn hoped Kristyl Arenais would never have to face. This being just another justification for Caedyn's commitment to the Jedi Path and encouraging peace and diplomacy wherever possible, but given his love for his daughter, she was often thought about, and his concern would likely never leave him. Such was the burden of parenthood.

"If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been with the Jedi? Having attained the rank of Master, I imagine you've seen your share in the line of duty" Caedyn turned the focus of the conversation back onto Valery, feeling as though he may have spoken a little too personally, given that this was their first meeting after all.

"A lot has changed since then. We both came to the Alliance and New Jedi Order sometime after we met and got together," Valery explained before she listened to him talk about his daughter and ex-wife. It was personal, sure, but she didn't seem to mind it at all and met his sheepish smirk and anxious gesture with a calm, comforting smile, "You're fine, Knight Are-" she paused, "Can I call you Caedyn? Either way, I can relate to that feeling quite a lot. Kids are always something special, hm?" She beamed a bright smile and reached for her glass of water to take a small sip.

Probably much like him, she could go on about her daughter for hours - about how much she cared about her little star, and how she'd do whatever it takes to keep her safe. Jedi of the past formed no attachments because of how much they could distract a Jedi from duties, but Valery had always felt so much strength and motivation in having people she cared about to fight for.

"Well, it depends how you look at it... technically a few thousand years," she said with a smirk that hopefully showed there was more to it, "I started as a Jedi in the days of what's now called the Old Republic, a few decades after the Zakuulan Empire ravaged the Galaxy. I ended up in stasis, and ended up here right before the fall of the Sith Empire," Valery explained.

"But I've been a Jedi all my life. Back in the day, no Jedi began training as an adult or even a teenager. I've been with the Order my whole life. So I do have quite a lot of experience, more than most Jedi have been alive for, but there's always more to learn."

"What about you?" she asked to shift the conversation back to him a little, "I know you mentioned your upbringing as Je'daii, so I assume you haven't been a Jedi quite as long yet?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"My father would've liked you then; he was most fond of the Republic and always enjoyed a conversation on its history, especially the way the Jedi Order operated back in those times", Caedyn informed her with a smile, picturing his father talking the ears off of Valery Noble Valery Noble . "No doubt he'd lose himself in the controversies of Jedi politics. He was one of that sort of thing. Your old school Jedi Consular type," Caedyn elaborated, giving a soft laugh under his breath before raising his coffee to his lips and taking a sip. It was a well-made beverage, and as the cup returned to the table, he nodded approvingly to himself as if to reiterate how satisfying it was.

"Me?" Valery asked about Caedyn's own experiences, to which there was plenty he could say; "I started under the training of Asha Vynea at the age of thirteen. Initially, my parents wanted my sister and me to avoid learning the ways of the Force as they felt it'd keep us away from trouble, but over time I think they realized we were plenty capable of getting into trouble without it, Lori and me" Caedyn chuckled, this time at his own expense and fond memories of he and his twin-sister Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun going on adventures as young kids.

"Asha was a brilliant mentor and taught me the ways of the Je'daii. She encouraged me to learn as much as I could about the Force, the Galaxy and everything....-But when my homeworld came under the occupation of the Sith Empire, I felt I needed to return, and through that conflict, I met Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe and the Order of the Silver Jedi" he explained, sparing many details as he didn't want to bore the Jedi Master to sleep with his life story. "Long story short, that started my time as a Jedi. My previous Order had secluded itself from the Galaxy, growing weary of the consistent warfare. I saw a willingness to fight against tyranny and oppression in the Silver Jedi at the time. That's where my path differed from my Master's. By no fault of hers, but by choosing", Caedyn couldn't help but feel he was talking too much. A silence followed for several moments as he returned to his beverage, taking another sip.

"I've been with the Jedi ever since, though I still carry my Je'daii training and practices with me every day", he concluded.

Valery chuckled and listened with a charismatic smile to what he had to say about his father. She never really knew her own, but her old Master had essentially been a father figure to her. So she understood what it meant to some extent. "I knew a lot of those types back in the day. I would have loved to talk to him about it all," she said with a genuine, warm smile. Her hand then shifted back to the glass of water and while she slowly sipped from it, she listened to more of his story.

To have been trained as a Je'daii was something beyond Valery's imagination — it certainly wasn't something she remembered seeing back in the day, but it was very interesting. She had a feeling that with time, she'd learn a lot more about it through Caedyn here. That was, at least, if they ran into each other on assignments but something told her that would certainly be the case. He seemed like someone she could trust out there in the field, someone she'd love to have by her side.

"That's a fascinating story, and I'm glad you decided to commit to protecting people. I understand why some have made the choice to try and distance themselves from the wars, but I always felt that most people don't have the luxury to make such decisions. They rely on the Jedi and factions such as the Silvers or Alliance to shield them, even if they aren't all perfect." In these words, she admitted that she wasn't quite fond of the overly pacifistic approach some had, but it wasn't because she loved fighting so much.

On the contrary, she did everything she could to end the fighting, but it required her to be willing to stand up for herself and others.

"Either way, we're going to need Jedi like you. Of course, please do take your time to get settled in, but once you feel ready to get into action..." she began to smirk a little and set her glass down, "Just let me know."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"My family has always supported the Jedi, mainly thanks to my father, but my mother was also an advocate for democracy. They were formerly the King and Queen of Commenor when my Sister and I were Children. We got to experience the world of politics and later learn from our Father and his experiences as a Jedi Master. Like you, he was raised in the Order from the young age of five, so I guess you could say it's in our blood," Caedyn explained, his life having revolved around people who were focused on changing the Galaxy for the better. Whether that meant helping the little guy with a small job or achieving something much larger through political influence or wartime defence and rescue operations.

"It's going to be a nice change being based out of Coruscant, I must say", Caedyn replied following Valery Noble Valery Noble 's remark about taking his time to get situated; "The Core World's have so much to offer and the sheer population is tremendously beyond what I'm accustomed to. I'm certain I'll meet some good people, friends and fellow Jedi along the way" he smiled, sharing his enthusiasm for being there.

"Would you have any suggestions as to where the New Jedi Order might need me? My skills range across quite a broad variety. Teaching, piloting, the saber arts..." Caedyn gave a half shrug, "Alkahest and artisanship" he added, trying to consider what might be most valuable to supporting the Jedi Order of Coruscant.

"It certainly does seem to run into the family, and I'm sure it has given you a lot of useful experience," Valery answered while she listened to more of his story. To have been born into royalty and give much of it up to be a Jedi was probably a difficult thing, although many Jedi weren't as distant from family and possessions anymore these days. As long as they were still able to function as Jedi, she didn't view it to be a big problem.

"Coruscant is definitely an interesting planet to be on, and there are lots of great people here. But the lower levels especially houses a lot of... well, criminals as well." She smiled sheepishly and took a sip from her water, "It's also possible that you'll find yourself at Temples far away from here soon. The Ilum Temple is closer to the front, for example, so I'm there quite a lot. But time will tell."

She then listened to his request and seemed to get progressively more excited as he went through his particular list of skills, "Good teachers are always welcomed, but we can definitely use good pilots and duelists at the front too. Maybe you'll have to visit me on Ilum sometime soon — you could help build some lightsabers for the gathering journeys I organize, and it's a good place to stay if you plan on helping in the war."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I haven't visited Ilum in quite some time. I believe the last time it had come under attack by the Warlords of the Sith" Caedyn recalled, though it was years back. "What are the primary locations and facilities the New Jedi Order utilize beyond the Core Worlds?" he inquired. Caedyn had made a habit of being flexible in where he worked in the Galaxy, and with "The Vagabond" Heavy Patrol Cruiser, it worked well to monitor the less known and travelled regions of the Galaxy where Piracy was often found.

"I've served in various locations across the Galaxy, Jutrand and Svivren with the Rimward Trade League and the Outer Rim Coalition. I'm quite accustomed to being mobile and working aboard a fleet. I suppose I haven't practised like your orthodox Jedi, so visiting places like Ilum is very likely" he smiled. At the very least, it would be good to visit Ilum once more, a world that had held symbolic importance to the Order for generations long before theirs.

"That said, I'm happy to focus on leading classroom-based learning for our students. It's been a while since I've taught a larger audience like what I'd presume is a typical-sized classroom for Coruscant, but I've had plenty of experience back home on Mnemosyne in the Jedi Temple there. Until a year ago, that was my recent home as I broke from the state of conflict in the Galaxy". There was, of course, a little more to his recluse from active service, Caedyn had gone into what he considered to be the closest thing to exile while remaining in service to the Jedi. He had lost his way, his confidence in his own practice. Like many Jedi over the annals of history, coming to terms with being forced to take lives in the service field and protecting of others had worn him down to the point of questioning his way. Fortunately, he had found his path back into full-time service again, thanks to the New Jedi Order and the Order of the Silver Jedi.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"We have several," Valery began while she tapped against her chin and went through the list, "While Coruscant was being rebuilt, we used the Prosperity as our main Temple - it's a ship, so a mobile Temple. Then around the same time, we patched up the Ilum Temple and rebuilt my old Enclave's Temple on New Cov," Valery explained with a soft smile that showed her care for the old Enclave. "The Ilum Temple is right on the border with both the Maw and the Empire, so it's getting a lot more use now. New Cov is very far away from the active front, so it's a safe place to bring people for training."

She then paused a moment and finished up her glass of water before she continued, "The Praxeum on Ossus is not officially an NJO Temple, but one you're always welcomed to travel to. So we have locations all across the Galaxy." She figured they were also welcome at the Temples from the Silvers as much as the Silvers were welcome to theirs, so between the two orders they covered significant territories.

"I've had my time away from Conflict as well, and teaching is always a good way to still contribute in a very meaningful way. Nowadays though, I feel I'm needed heavily at the front, but also back here at Temple. There aren't as many experienced Jedi to guide the younger as I'd like there to be."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn smiled at the notion of spending more time teaching the younger generations of Jedi there in the Temple, which he was passionate about as well. "I've spent more time in the company of war than I'd care to admit over the years, and while it's a necessary act for those of us capable, I'm much more at home in a Temple such as this", Caedyn expressed. For a man who had started on a pacifistic path and one who didn't consider himself to be aggressive, his skill in combat and his desire to defend and protect the civilian population had resulted in far more wartime operations and missions of conflict than he was comfortable with.

One of the tremendous burdens that a Jedi might experience in their time, in his eyes, was the blood on their hands regardless of their intentions and motivations; And he was no exception.

"You'll excuse me if this sounds too forward, but I do intend to take on an Apprentice if I find one I feel would be suitable. Teaching is something that I enjoy a great deal, so group lessons are also something that I would like to offer to those willing. With your approval, of course," he spoke about his intentions moving forward.

Thinking about his experiences on the frontlines of battle gave Caedyn pause for consideration, realizing that he had more to offer than simply the knowledge he carried with him. Placing his cup of coffee back to the table, he instead turned to remove his datapad from his utility belt, activating and seeking a specific file that might be of value to Valery Noble Valery Noble and the New Jedi Order. "I'll forward you a copy of this file if you would be interested, but I have here something specific for all Jedi to utilize both on and off of the field" he placed the datapad flat on the table, turning it around and pushing it gently closer to Valery; "The Jedi Requisitions Package, if you're not already making use of it, can help to finance the needs of all individual Jedi. It's extensively funded through myself and several organizations under the management of House Arenais".

"Then I hope you'll find yourself at home in this Temple," Valery said. She understood the importance of Jedi being able and willing to defend at the front, but they were also very much needed at Temples like this to train new generations. So if his path forward focused on that aspect, she could certainly respect it. "I'm sure the Padawans will be quite happy to have more experienced teachers to learn from. I encourage my Padawans to always learn from Jedi besides myself, so I'm sure they will find you soon."

She chuckled and leaned back into her chair before he picked up on the topic of Padawans, and made an offer that she met with an encouraging smile, "Of course, if you find one who is suitable and agrees to the pairing, you have my blessing to train them." When she first joined the Galactic scene again, she had taken things slow. But her own love for training them quickly kicked in, and after she began training Iris Arani Iris Arani , she quickly realized why she loved it so much. Few things felt as rewarding as helping young Jedi find their way in the Galaxy.

Caedyn then reached for a datapad and while he explained the file on it, she looked down at the display, "We have some other sources of funds, but this would be quite welcomed. The new war with the Empire has certainly been draining on resources, so this will be very useful." She looked up with a warm smile and nodded to show her gratitude, "Thank you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom