Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Republic interest check

I for one welcome new factions that we can potentially interact with in positive or negative light.

All I will say is this...The First Order needs to remember that a year ago I posted up a thread exactly like this and got shot down left and right by it. "Why do we need another Imperial Faction?" "Your ripping it straight from a movie none of us have seen!" "It will never work!" You know what I did, took the feedback, adjusted certain aspects and launched the faction anyway. Now we have a booming character base, strong storylines and a growing territory. All this without special snowflake tags ;)

So you know what [member="Jack Raxis"] all the best with TNR!

sabrina

[member="Jack Raxis"] I am not interested in joining per say, but if you're interested in some sort skirmish let me know.

Also to all those that had a dig at [member="Sanya Val Swift"], technically the light side is about redemption as well, even Darth Vader was forgiven.
Along with a lot of other Jedi, who went to darkside and came back.

[member="Maris Jolner"]

Having been here almost a year, I can tell you one thing you are going to have to realize is that here, pretty much any thread about a new faction idea will receive criticism and support. Personally I am of the opinion that many others share, let the Republic die, give it some time for newer ideas to come to light and have a chance. I have seen a bit of salt in this thread, but not from those providing feedback. The questions asked were legitimate questions and were given vague or partial answers. I'm not saying not to do it at all, again as many others did, but to give the stigma that comes along with having Republic in the faction name time to dissipate.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Your posts make me scratch my head in confusion. You will say something about being repentant and then the actions IC in reaction to any consequence completely(or almost completely in nearly every situation I have seen), contradict this. Sanya, even if she repents is still going to have a negative view in the eyes of many IC. I'm not going to touch the OOC as I have seen others point out. I can say though that from many writers I have heard stories of the infamous treatment. And the response you just gave is not helping that image. As I said before these things attract criticism and praise, both of which are legitimate, on topic responses.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

I have no issue with you IC or OOC. Though I would personally warn against perhaps quoting Mantic Dorn about facts in the future. In all seriousness though dude, shutting people down like you have been is going to leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. I hate to say it but some of the early responses alone may have turned people who were otherwise interested off of joining. I'm not here to insult or say don't do it. Just give it some time before you start threads like this one in the LFG. Best of luck to ya with the idea though.

I appreciate everybody's opinions and such. I am now done posting here. If some of you are turned away, I apologize. I am very opinionated and I will defend my ideas till the death. Thanks for coming to the show!

See you around!

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
fact is everyone has an opinion and a butt, if you have legit criticism speak it, but don't do it out your butt same with hating on others for disliking an idea... Though ICly I would like to see a slightly different approach to the government as having one head honcho could lead to IC corruption, I'm good otherwise

OOCly - all I see in this thread is salt, I'm not interested in it, got enough IRL, not going to join if everyone is just going to say "well you're worse" "nuh-uh you're worse" fighting like Pre-schoolers. keep trying, but don't be averse to people not liking your Idea, change but keep going.

I'd join with an alt but I don't want to join up when everyone is giving flak on both sides - not constructive for both sides

EDIT: *hates drama with a passion*

[member="Wolf"]
Read my intro post. I've been following this board for quite some time, and had a friend who used to RP here.

The proof is in the pudding, though. Your very post is in defiance of staff directing that only people interested in joining should post.

I liked reading through this thread for a few reasons. Some I shook my head at, others I liked, and the rest I just kind of skimmed over because there was no need to read about a rant. Anyways.

[member="Jack Raxis"], Good luck to you and your faction. As you say, this faction is supposed to be different republic than the one that is currently dying. If this is so, then do your hardest to try and keep it different. If that means you are more accepting of Mercenaries, Smugglers, or even dark sided individuals and their "Dark side Anonymous meetings" then roll with it. I honestly want to see where this will go. As of this moment, I don't have any characters I can commit due to their storylines. However, if I do, I would be more than willing to help out here and there. Once again, good luck, and have fun.

[member="Maris Jolner"], I agree with you on some parts. Let me get this straight. Yes, even if you are new, you can have an opinion, and can say what you wish, but I don't think saying that the staff was the problem is something we need to bring up. Sure, there are people who make mistakes and make choices that ruin things for others, but honestly, we need to move on, and accept the fact that it happened, and to learn from it. Yes, people should stop throwing shade, and need to stop licking up the salt cubes. I hope this thread does not persuade your decision to leave/stay on the site to change. There are times where people will bicker and argue, but I hope you can see we are people who make mistakes, and can work past that. Have a nice day, and enjoy your time here.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"], Just leave the thread. Even if someone mentioned you out of spite, that does not mean you HAVE to come into the thread to fight them. Sure, its rude, and can be mean, but honestly, fighting it will not help you here. Your actions in character don't reflect what others may think of Jedi. Honestly, my own Jedi character has killed many people. (NPCs only so far) but in battle, and killing when you are not, are two completely different things. Honestly, if you want redemption, then do threads about trying to do better. Purposefully go a make threads with another jedi who wants to help, or show scenarios where you can be tempted to do something evil and dark, but don't. Otherwise, just in general stay away from threads that might seem a circle jerk and could get not just you, but them in trouble as well. I HIGHLY advise you to not even respond to this thread anymore, and just RP.

[member="Darth Carnifex"], Let them have the delusion. If you don't like it, take it down with your Back Empire. Yes, that is Right. I am calling you out to do something about it. ;) Go Major, and take the New republic out if you so badly want it dead. Win or lose, it should make a great story. Honestly, I really would like to see you go major with the Black Empire and take the Galaxy by storm. Maybe this is the thing that gets you started? Anyways, Have a good day man.

[member="Avedia Lacroix"] *Makes a post about not being rude* *Edited Comment ends with "Why should I care about your feelings?* *Me shakes head*

[member="Isamu Baelor"], As mentioned earlier, maybe they have a Dark siders anonymous? You never know. :D However, I do see your point in getting people who are known to be bad eggs, who ever they are, in a new republic faction, may not be good for their name. And honestly, I like seeing that. It means that as a faction, they have to prove they are still worth a look, and to RP with. Makes a good story, and can also allow others to have redemption threads, or betray them, and force the faction to go after said people. Either way, makes a story for people to play. And as one of the people in your empire, I am a Freelancer at the moment, I kill people for a living, and I use the Dark side like a Sith does. Yet you say no Sith are allowed? ;) I joined your faction because I wanted to find a place where my character could grow. Yet you didn't fault me for doing so. Lets lay the idea down, and let it see where it goes.

[member="Darth Ferus"], You bite your tongue? Well then... I BITE MY THUMB AT THEE!

And for those coming here for the Gifs, I will present you something to look at.

Viewer discretion is advised.
funny-gif-strip-tease-prank.gif

[member="Atheus"]
I think you misunderstood me. A staff member asked people to only post in this thread if they are expressing an interest in joining. That's what I was getting at. Never said the staff was a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom