Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jedi Order

Though the horizon brought on the wonder of the universe and the wonderings of purpose and existence no matter its design, though this was a place within his psyche that he had a taste for floating in, he would more often than not still look at whosoever was speaking to him. Though everyone deserved the same offering of respect, padawans - or those that sought the path, to be as such - were to be given the utmost of patience and undivided attention. Because of this, the seer turned his face to the girl once again, and listened.

"There's no right or wrong place to ask a question," he assured, "except if silence is necessary."

Or, perhaps, if you've been told to hold your questions, but this wasn't a seminar or anything of that ilk. He pondered an answer to her question, knowing very well what the Force was, and very little about the girl within his gaze. What words would best convey the meaning, the concept of what this power was? Well...

"To answer your question, the Force is an ubiquitous and binding power - meaning it's everywhere, and connects everything," he said, for starters, "you, me, the plants, the animals," and he held a finger up, a soft glow emanating from it, "the stars."

A corner of his mouth quirked upward.

"Shield your eyes!"

And that finger went from putting out a glow to a blinding, brilliant flash of light, doubtless drawing the attention of anyone he could see from where he sat, and possibly others that he couldn't, even in daylight.

"The Force has many applications, such as that flash of light, which is great for... blinding people, as you might have guessed; it also serves to get you past, say, security holocams. All in all it's useful for not being seen for a little bit of time."

He curled the finger back in, and lowered that hand to rest on his thigh.

"What brought you here, [member="Asahara Velin"]?"

As she shielded her eyes she saw a second Son in the tip of his finger as her Jaw dropped. It might have not been the most single shocking display of power but it was the first time she had ever seen the Force used, blatantly at least. Once the light was gone she stared dumbfounded but joyous, so it was real! the Force was not a Trick or Magic it was... everywhere. Oh how she wished she could learn the truth of it but his question caught her off guard because she honestly had no clue what brought her here other than curiosity.
"What brought me to this hall was the stories i used to hear of as a child, of the peace keepers of the Blue Blades that brought justice to the Galaxy, Great Warriors" She smiled childishly as she spoke because her words were both describing what she had heard as a child and what she was seeing before her.

"What brought me here to sit next to you is much more complicated to answer and to be honest, i have no clue. " She shrugged "I guess i followed my instincts" She tilted her head from side to side quickly before she finished sheepishly with a slightly embarrassed tone. "Quite honestly i feel a bit out of place, All i know how to do is shoot and fight and yet... You know how to do much more than just that. I mean, The Jedi know how to do much more than just that" Her chuckled and smiled warmly to the man before her, he was exhuming an aura of light she could tangibly feel, it made her feel strangely calm, which was so, so rare for Asahara Velin which was for all intents and purposes right now; a brash, bold, immature hot head, who spoke with her fists and preferred immediate action more than calm thoughtful ways. In every way, she was the Opposite of what the Master before her was. You could say this was a perfect example of 'opposites attract'

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

As [member="Romeo Sin"] passed through the exit, Sabena replaced him. She entered by herself and with a normal, brown Jedi robe. She took a sharp glance toward Romeo as he passed by her - sporting wide eyes at the sight. She then looked toward the crowd. Her eyes first laid upon Omai Rhen. Yet, she then shifted her gaze toward [member="Aela Talith"] - a very familiar face to Sabena.

Weaving around people, Sabena approached Aela. Once close enough, Sabena spoke out to her master’s daughter.

Aela,” she said with a smile.

Sullust was a world that he had a few memories of, it being a suitable location for a Jedi Order had never crossed his mind. Contacts had come flooding out of the woodworks, most contacting him without little action on his behalf. Most called him a Jedi Master, others referred to him as an assassin. Wraith hadn't quite consolidated both of his existences, memories of both times were fleeting at best. Emotion, and the lack of it, were what stuck in his mind the most. Honor and duty felt supremely important to him, or at least that's what the fragments of his mind had told him in deep meditation. It wasn't the emotionless times that had him on this world, it was the fragments of the good man his mind told him he was. That was why he was in the back of the group, covered in robes to obscure his face and body. Holding his proud shoulders forward, he made sure to slouch even further while keeping his visage hidden behind his hood. Mace Windu's lightsaber hilt pressed against his leg, the electruum hilt cool against his hand.

The other, a prosthetic, merely held the robes closely against the garb he wore. Whomever had given it to him had wanted him in combat a lot, and the damage indicated he had. Wraith stamped out his own presence in the Force, he was merely here to see if the rumors were true. Behind his hood he could see the beautiful temple, and he could see the happiness of the event and it's effect on the gathered masses. Hope was the truest of emotions, one that he knew could help and hinder. On this day it would be the former, not the latter. I will stay, and see what I can do to help. Most would make the decision to join an Order a grandiose affair, Wraith simply felt it in the Force and in his bones to stay. So he would.

Now, he just needed to find someone to make contact with.

Eun

E
The question was not would she sign on; the question was did the new Jeds care if one of the soon-to-be trainees was a wanted pirate? She jostled into the back of the crowd, wearing her armor/enviro-suit as if she was still on the ship. Helmet tucked under an arm, she glanced briefly at the hooded man she'd knocked elbows with. Not a blue-eyed apologetic stare. Not a mean one either. Factual. Armed? Yes. Dangerous? Probably. Everyone here was, to a limited degree, a super-killer. That's what made the Jeds such weirdos to the galaxy. Anybody else given half their power would just up and go Sith. These were the ones who hadn't.
Because they were the good guys.

Right?

Sly lips flitted into a ghost of a smirk. Everyone liked to think they were the good guys. Hell, she'd managed to convince her crew they were doin' right by robbing Techno Union crap and selling it to the highest bidder. They still didn't much like the idea of her going ground side to talk to the Jeds. Something about the way the saber-crazies liked to give unwanted amputations.

The teenager pushed away an errant strand of brunette hair from her face and looked toward the front of the crowd, toward the talking heads. Her mouth twisted. She could smell the bureaucracy from here. Sure, they might be all shiny and new now, but Butler'd taught her the histories. Sooner or later they would wind up weighed down by laws and treaties and other 'standards'. She would take a good ship n' crew into the freedom of the void over that any day.

[member="Darron Wraith"]

Hope, it was contagious.

Like the lightside of the Force, it was impossible to hide. Even with his senses dimmed to the point of barely passing notice, he could feel it rolling off the crowd. Training he couldn't remember let him empty himself, and a chuckle escaped his lips as he did so. This had to have been harder when I had an idea of who I was, and the laughter continued until his concept of self was gone. Energy flooded his cells as he let the Force fill him, and every being around him became much more than bodies as all five senses combined to form the sphere of responsibility. His range extended out past the assembled enclave, and around the Temple, a habit he didn't understand. I'm scanning for threats? It was more a question to himself as he brought the sphere back into a tight focus into the immediate five block radius of where he was. Life flowed around him, through him, and within him. It's beauty was one that he didn't understand but could appreciate even during his present circumstances. It's color was muted thanks to his own muted signature, but he no longer felt alone.

The one friend that he had always known was by his side with him again.

Her apathy was more noticeable than the elbow, his senses "seeing" her before his eyes ever turned. Armor, the kind that was worn in space stood out in the crowd of robes. Sure, some of the Jedi were trying to be casual, but a lightsaber was the most obvious indicator of a Force-user's allegiance. Traces of annoyance could be felt, did this bother me before I lost my memories? The question was one he couldn't answer, but it was leaving his mind as he peered at the woman next to him. She was shorter than him, her hair a color typical of someone born in the core worlds. Her posture indicated she was trained, like most everyone else around here. Facial features didn't really mean a whole lot when you saw trillions of beings, or at least you had assumed you had. Force-users shined brighter, their auras did at least, and hers was glowing. None of those things made her stand out to the man.

It was her eyes.

"You know," he whispered to where only she could hear. "If you actually tried to help with after the speech, versus thinking of all that can go wrong, you might see a different outcome than what you are assuming."

[member="Katya Shorn"]

Calum sighed, standing in the corner of the room. His parents had abandoned the old Order before it fell, and he was just able to get off of his homeworld of Corellia. Would this new Order allow him back in? Did the fact he was trained by two exiled Jedi either be for the better, or would it give something they Jedi would use as something against him? He looked around at the other excited initiates and returning Jedi from the old Order - surely someone would doubt that someone raised by two lovers and be the age of the average Padawan you'd find out in the field doing things.

He clasped the hilt of his deceased mother's lightsaber, knowing that this is what she'd want for him. He nodded to himself, remembering even what she did on Corellia after her exile. She'd always help the people in need and act as any Knight would... Well, Calum assumed how any Knight would. She helped the poor and those in need for no pay, and always tried to remain as Light-sided as she could. Corellia had been taken by the One Sith, and he escaped barely by taking an unauthorized transport from the planet. Now here he was, hoping to be someone's Padawan.

"Well, there's only one way to move forward. Let's hope this is for the best." He smiled, walking around trying to be social with the other Jedi. Maybe this could be his new haven. The Temple was already better than the slums he hid himself in on Corellia by far. It also wasn't like any Sith were at a corner each turn, having to hide or play cat-and-mouse. Hopefully he this is what he was doing meant to do.

[member="Darron Wraith"]

Eun

E
Ugh. Mind readers.

Kate crossed her arms.

"You know it's creepy when you Jeds do that right? Not to mention unethical. I should press charges."

Her words bore no true malice, evidenced by the return of that ghostly smirk. Kate eyed the man up and down. Tall for a human, but solid too. Broad shoulders spoke of physical power and she bet half a cred that under those sleeves his forearms were corded. The signs of a bladesman. Most Jedi bore them. But nothing about the man made her think of 'most Jedi.'

No. His eyes were the blue of the sea, or maybe lightning. Their color shifted in the light. His bronzed features reminded her most of a beggar king. Part humble, part regal. Out of place in the earthy robes of rough spun wool. Long golden hair hung low to frame his face.

"Hmph," she said, in a way she hoped was decidedly unimpressed.

"Look, Mr. Goldilocks, everybody's all cheery at the beginning of these things. Then one member goes crazy dark and they have to slap on all these rules and centralize control. And after that more people go dark. Pretty soon you wind up back where you started, or worse."

Shorn shrugged.

"You people are all so rigid, comes from spending too much time in planetary grav wells. Just give me the wide open void and a- hey..." her eyes narrowed. "You look familiar."

[member="Darron Wraith"]

[member="Katya Shorn"]

"I didn't read your mind, I read your emotion." A smirk, only audible to himself, laced with melancholy. "My talents lie elsewhere, I couldn't tell you what you had for breakfast if my life depended on it."

Her tone and body language told him more than her facial expression would. Looking down at her, with his face behind the hood only pushed him to open his senses further. Turning his broad shoulders to face [member="Katya Shorn"], Wraith bowed slightly. Muscle memory, or some sense of politeness he wasn't aware of made him do such things. Sarcastic remark inbound here in the next five seconds, Darron.

Wait, sarcasm?

Energy shifted, and the world along with it. Perception was reality, a truth that all understood. So when his world crystallized, Wraith simply went along with the flow. Fault lines appeared, as if he were looking into a fine Crystal. Many connected him to this world, and to a few individuals in the crowd. Nothing out of the ordinary, he had seen those before. What grabbed his attention, well really begged for it, were the bright fractures of light that bonded him to the woman in the spacer armor?

Why is she a shatterpoint?

"Goldilocks? Out of everything you go with that? Not a wisecrack about my robe that's not hiding much?" Her facetiousness felt familiar, if only the particular phrasing. Confidence wasn't lacking in her, that much was apparent. She looked as sure of herself as he was confused, which the older man envied. "People and systems fail all the time, but that doesn't mean.."

"You look familiar."

Kark, here we go.

"Possibly so, I wouldn't really know right now. From what I know the Jedi, the Republic, and the galaxy gave me many titles." His metallic hand was immediately offered to her. "Let's just stick with Darron for right now." A ghost of a smile appeared."Do you have a name besides apathetic spacer with a positive attitude?"

Standing in the background of it all, shrouded in a cloak as he just stared for what seemed like the longest time. Applause erupted around him yet he stood still with his arms crossed just staring on with a expression of mixed emotions. Kahne couldn't recall him feeling like this in a long time. He was hoping for acceptance among his soon to be fellow brethren. Just that desire of belonging and the yearning to do good, and well, and of course succeed. With all that in tow and with the strength and perseverance to help those that couldn't be helped. Someone where along the way he would gain his memory back, that way he could remember everything. And stop living with a sense that there was a void in his life. A constant reminder, a digger in the side of his body that would never seem to go away.

Something lost that he hoped to find soon.

Recalling his name was the first thing that he knew, and that he was a force user that much was apparent. Kahne moved through the crowd towards the eastern side as he did so, it seemed the crowd dispersed slightly. And as he gazed upon the structure that was spoken off, he couldn't help as the smallest of smile crept on his face. He knew this was where he wanted to be, he just needed to take those next few steps into the light spectrum and take off running and combat the Sith. A new Order had risen from information that he gathered and rumors gossip and the like. After lying in a medical ward for quite some time he missed out on several things, just as his memory escaped him during that previous fight with the sith that landed him in the situation he was in right now. And it seemed that was being disturbed right now by something going on, as he stood in the back, he watched and just waited. No weapon in hand, just his words that were his attack and defense right now. Kahne raised his hand to his chin for a moment and rubbed it lightly. As the situation he hoped would defuse itself with the grace of so many Jedi present and hoped he was correct.

This was a good day. And in this galaxy, good days were hard to come by. "May the force be with us all." Kahne muttered under his breath as that same smile showed true.

His head turned to consider her, a look of careful scrutiny in his eyes, as he searched her. Yes, it was true, then. She belonged here, amongst these who called themselves Jedi. Her telling of how she had heard of the Jedi was a common one, so to was the way in which she had come to be seated beside him. The Force guided her, this much was apparent, and of all people, he was at once very certain as to why and yet guarded. It could be that the Force was sending another student to him, the most likely possibility, but even so, he would commune with it on his own time, to be sure.

"You could learn, Asahara," he said, looking away again, "I have every reason to believe that the Force itsef has guided you here - saying that you think you followed your instincts is a very clear indication. Trust those instincts, those 'gut feelings'. Those are the Force talking to you and guiding you, more often than not."

Then he smiled, lacing his fingers together in the gap between his knees. Unlike how he was as a padawan, she didn't seem fearful, or worried, but that wasn't necessarily an indication of anything at all. Simply a comparison of his own experiences against her own limited ones, and there was so much. He'd had to fight to retain his identity, as much as he could, but so much, so much was lost. This new identity was who he was now, and in ways, who he had always been. Though he had accepted it for the most part, there were times that he still felt he was adjusting, and the entire experience had been tracked in his journals as everything had been since his early days as a padawan in this body.

"That you could become a Jedi - how does that make you feel? What does that make you think?"

He was curious as to her answer, but wasted no thought in speculation, for it might colour how he would receive her coming words. There was so very much he could do with his mind that most could not, and while most of it was good, some of it brought him concern. It wasn't anything this body had learned, but it was there, the knowledge was there for the taking and using. He glanced sidelong at [member="Asahara Velin"], and awaited her response.

She listened intently to his words, edging on every syllable absorbing knowledge like a sponge. He was Mysterious, she got the feeling there was a great story behind his forlorn gaze and his tone of voice, the way he gazed into the beyond as if searching his own mind with a serenity she did not truly understand or have for that matter.

"Instinct?" She looked puzzled, that was a word she often used to describe her innate ability to do things by reflex, or when something she could't explain happen. The way he put it into words made her think that perhaps all this time she did have with her that magic energy they called 'The Force'.

She held on to that word as she continued to listen to him, her red hands passing through her her Lekku in a universal sign of contemplation or study. Suddenly he told her that she herself could be a Jedi, Her eyes popped open and she cocked her head in disbelief. "Me? a Jedi? "

She stuttered as the words came difficultly, what would she say?what does that make her think? The Galactic Alliance is Filled with Heroes and great Men and Women who carried the Torch of Hope against the red looming giant on the horizon called the Sith. She had not ever been in Sith territory, but she had heard the stories... She knew that in this room, standing near her and around her... was the galaxies one last true hope.

First thing she thought of was the alliance itself, then the truth of the matter: She knew nothing of the Jedi way. Emotion crossed through her: doubt, excitement, more doubt...
He chuckled lightly and looked at him nodding. "Well... i would have a lot to learn and i think i would need start in the very basics... but i don't think i can use the force i mean, don't force users have the ability to do amazing things? All i can do is shoot"

[member="Asahara Velin"]

"The Force flows through you, lass; a feeling brought you to me. Every Jedi that does those 'amazing things' didn't start out knowing how to do them. Every one of us has, through experimentation, trial and error, or tutelage, learned what they know. "

The seer reached a hand over and patted the young twi'lek on her shoulder, two pats, one soft squeeze.

"Everyone starts with the basics, Asahara," he said , "baby steps, as the phrase goes."

He lowered his hand, rejoining it with the other hand between his knees.

"Has anything ever happened that you can't explain? Something that defies convention, logic, and reason?"

She nodded and thought for a moment, she had of course used the force, so many times, yet she shrugged off the idea that she had some part in the things that had happened the instant they did."Well... now that you put it that way, but i have never been able to do things in such a way" she shrugged.For years she had thought of herself as merely a cog or a grunt.

"What do i have to do to begin the path to the..." She thought to find a word to describe what she was trying to explain, the path of the Jedi? The path of the order? The word came her mind as she remembered the flash of light. "light"

She smiled, pleased at the sound of the word and how strangely correct it sounded. "Besides not giving in to the desire of beating halfwits to a pulp i mean" her attempt at humor was unique,and a bit barbaric in most cases. Still, her heart was glowing with the warmest intentions. She did not know of the mans' mood or sense of humor, yet that never stopped her before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom