Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mechangenista Prepares (Mando PM)

Aboard the Myrmadinas
Shift-Class Support Corvette
In Orbit around Concordia

The left-over pieces of [member="Preliat Mantis"]' Rally Master Beskar'gam left an impression on the young woman's heart. [member="Ginnie Ordo"] had cannibalized some of the plating to forge a new prosthetic leg for her lover, but ended up with 12 kilograms left over. Aditya was sitting in her lab on board her ship and running her hand over the old Beskar'gam. Sure, Preliat had new Beskar'kandar befitting a Field Marshal of the Mandalorians, sure this was to other races and cultures just old piecemeal armour. The woman wasn't nearly thick enough in the head to think any Mandalorian would throw their armour away. As Preliat had taught her and she began to pick up from the Mando'ade, Beskar'gam was sacred. It was the sign of following the Resol'nare and it was the Iron Carapace of legend. Every Mandalorian seemed to worship their armour, tending it with the same care she tended her own experiments and blueprints.

The Imperial Shipworks' CEO sat back and rubbed the back of her head. "What am I going to do, hm? Get you reforged and what? Wear armour into battle? I don't belong in any battle." But with Preliat Mantis for a mate, battle was inevitable. How would Aditya be able to teach their daughter the ways of her culture if she didn't follow the Resol'nare?

What other culture would the girl have? Atrisian? "I hope you're a lot more like him, you know. His eyes, his skin, I hope you look at me like he does." Aditya rubbed her subtly growing belly, her mind flooding back to the adventures which happened regardless of her being in armour or not. The intent was clear. If Aditya was going to be in the Mando'ade worlds, she would earn the Beskar'gam.

Beskar'gam was sacred. What did it mean? What did Preliat mean to say when he gave her 12 kilograms of his own Beskar to be reforged into hers? It was enough to make the woman think deeper about the implications of wearing Preliat Mantis' Beskar'gam re-made for her own body and needs. "It's probably just recycling. Yeah. What's he going to do, sell his beskar for the ore?" The girl in her brain shoved it off, he was being kind. . . but Preliat Mantis was not a kind Mandalorian. He was a savage Field Marshal who commanded from the Front and often defeated his enemies with the tomahawk and the beskad. Was Aditya ready for a newly forged link on her life's chain? The Beskar'gam would mark her, bring her into a new phase of her life even more fearful to her than the child growing in her belly.

Aditya poured over schematics for her Beskar'gam, yet there was no name on the top. The engineering and scientific attachments were of her own design, cannibalized and modified from conversations with Anija Ordo and her sister Ginnie. Although the Ordo Clan had become a pariah in some eyes, Aditya didn't mind them. She loved those girls. "Ma'am? We've been given permission to dock at Concordia Station."

"Awesome. Thanks Lieutenant. Bring the plans and let's mosey. I need to get the rest of the Beskar and match the components. Have Helm set course for Ziost once we're done."

"Ziost, Ma'am?"

"Yep."

On Concordia

Aditya Amadis was flanked by her personal assistant dressed for this occasion in a suit of Imperial grey. The assistant held no rank bars, nor military signets beyond the staunch backed posture and overall bearing. He held a simple leather satchel of plans. "Shoot, was it this way? Good grief how can I be lost so quick?"

"Ma'am, you've never been to this planet before." the Assistant piped up, bringing up a map with his arm cuff computer. "Turn left at the next street, Ma'am."

"Gee, thanks for that Doni I had totally forgotten that I've never been on this planet before." The pregnant Epicanthix glared from behind the protective lenses of her sunglasses, shielding her from the ungodly light of the day. Doni's back went straight. He rustled into his pocket and pulled out his one saving grace:

A chocolate bar. Aditya's lips went tight. She sighed with a huff.

And took that chocolate bar, got it open and bit off a huge piece. "You're a life saver Doni."

"My name's Ferdinand, Ma'am."

"Your name is Doni today!" Aditya snapped with a sniffle. It had been less than two days since Vorzyd. Less than two days since finding Preliat huddled on the floor of a bathroom in an attack of his nerves and post traumatic stress. Aditya pushed open the door of the shop and took a look around.

"I'm looking for a [member="Basaba Willamina"] ? Ring any bells, blow any whistles? I'm ah. . . Aditya Fitz-Kierke."

[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Tysk moved through the skies in her Beskar'gam while her sisters piloted the Yaim'la. The ship was being used to further test out the weapons they were working on and the two prototype Dar'yaim cannon while the blue armored mando landed on the ramp looking out. Her helmet opening just enough while she looked back at her sisters and smirked grabbing the case with the cannon and strapping it to her back, her Jackel handguns goign to their holsters and the Horak rifle. She was here to work and that could mean many things as she looked turn jumping and activating the repulsors of the flight systems. Her boots and hands lighting up with the visor as it closed bringing her in towards a landing pad. "This is Tysk, I am coming in to work on the equipment."

The Verpine was nervous, and he chittered, a bad habit he had when things got tense. Concordia was legendary within the Verpine/Mandalorian Protectors, and he had only ever seen it in recordings. And now, he'd actually be there! Almost giddy with delight, he set the fighter down easily on the pad, opening the hatch as soon as his pannels cleared, and almost leaping out.

[member="Kolai Onolz"] 's fighter had set down near Aditya and 'Doni'. Aditya glanced over at the Verpine, blinking her head and checking her sunglasses. Sometimes she forgot all the sizes and creeds the Mandalorians called Vode. "Hello there, 'Chitters'. Are you lost?" The woman piped up, as [member="Tysk Willamina"] came veering in.

"Tysk? Is . . . is that the person I'm looking for? From Clan Willamina? I'm Aditya, the one coming about the Beskar'gam. I'm the engineer. . . are you my craftwoman?"

Mandalorians were a mixed breed, there seemed to be super women, Epicanthix, whatever Kolai was all rolled into one system by the power of the Resol'nare. Aditya watched the skies of the planet for more flying Mando'ade and the ships they used to bear upon the skies. All in all it was an engineer's paradise and if it hadn't been for the horrifying wars Mandalorians got into over time. Vorzyd still sat wrongly with the woman, watching the level of devastation the Vong and Graug under [member="Dredge"]'s command poured forth was a sobering epiphany for Preliat Mantis' lover.

She needed Beskar'gam. Otherwise Preliat would never feel right about letting her ply her engineering trade without fearing for her safety. Aditya never wanted Preliat to have to fear for her safety again.

"Uh, no, ma'am." The Verpine said quickly. "I'm from the Verpine Protectorate. Among us, Concordia is a planet of legends. I've always wanted to meet my Vode here."

[member="Aditya Amadis"]

[member="Kolai Onolz"] [member="Aditya Amadis"]

Tysk stood there and ran a hand along the more regal and frilly jeko beast fur that she had for show from her hunts. She set the one case on the ground while securing the rifle on her back and removing the helmet as the red hair fell out. Eyes tracking and looking around before she spoke with a thicker accent. "Yes I am one of the forgewomen of the Willamina clan, Basaba is busy sos he sent me to help you but the real question is what do you want with your armor? A standard suit can just be the clan skin a great suit compliments you."

"Well it's my first time on Concordia, too. Why don't we discover it together, eh? I'm here to figure out my first suit of Beskar'gam. Oh, my name's Aditya by the way. This is my assistant Doni. What's yours?" Aditya was all sunshine and smiles for [member="Kolai Onolz"]. Someone who took this planet as a legend ought to be treated well. It helped that the chocolate Aditya ate was hitting her system. Theobromine, hallowed be thy name. 'Doni' made a crisp bow and shoved his hand out for Kolai. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Sir." The military man was as crisp as his handshake, but as he looked to [member="Tysk Willamina"] he gulped and his eyes opened a twitch or two wider.

"Ma'am." He opened the leather satchel that he brought with him and handed a small stack of flimsis to Tysk. "Sr. Prefect Fitz-Kierke requires that her companion's Beskar'gam be re-forged int-"

"Thank you, Doni." Aditya stepped forward and took the flimsi's from Doni's hand. She searched through the flimsis for the schematics of what remained of Preliat's armour and handed it to Tysk. "My companion as Doni calls him is Field Marshal Preliat Mantis. He gave me his Rally Master Beskar'gam as a welcome home present of sorts. To bring me better into the Resol'nare and keep me safe when I'm working or in battle. I'm an engineer. I haven't a clue what to do fight-wise, so this Beskar'gam needs very little in offensive components. It's like this." She pulled out a schematic of a gauntlet mounted plasma torch, which although needing a minor modification or two to fit in with Beskar'gam would be representative enough of the idea for the gargantuan forgewoman. "As I said. I'm an engineer. I'm never going to be on the front line of a battle unless something goes terribly wrong and even then Preliat's more of a 'keep the lady safe' sort of guy. So I figured if I'm going to be at peak usefulness, then things like a plasma torch for spot-welding, scientific and material scanners, a more advanced visual range and a way to electrify or stun things would be more up my alley than Aliit'gam."

The woman stroked her swelling belly, nearly four months into the pregnancy the swell was noticeable, yet not gigantic. Aditya prided herself on the ability to see her toes when she looked down and lamented the soon disappearance of her feet. "Besides with the rate we're going I'm going to need Beskar'gam with protractible plates to 'grow with me' as it were, so I'm not freaking out if we're in an emergency and I need to be protected while carrying the next generation of Mando'ade. Does that make sense?"

Bringing up another piece of flimsi, Aditya showed it to [member="Tysk Willamina"] and pressed her lips together. On the flimsi was a schematic for the structure of the front stomach panels. Would it be possible to create shape in the panels which would grow and unhinge slowly as her belly grew? The idea might mean losing a bit of the protective capabilities of the Beskar'gam but the woman was nervous at best in conducting any more business without her own set of Mandalorian Iron Skin. Aside from her studies in the Tennent's of the Resol'nare, the idea of further imbuing into herself the wealth and glory of the Mando'ade was a process in which Aditya was bringing herself with due fervency. Simply put, she needed to prove to Preliat that he'd made the right choice in a life partner.

Besides, if Aditya was going to raise their daughter as a Child of the Mand'alor then Aditya had to be one too. She could be both Atrisian Noble and Mandalorian, couldn't she? Holding the schematics in her hands made the situation come alive. How badly had she done? How much of these would the Forgewoman of Aliit Willamina have to fix?

Aditya waited Tysk's answer and hoped that for the most part Kolai was enjoying himself. After all, it wasn't always a day when one got to fulfill the nature and substance of a dream.

Kolai started chittering a little bit, before quickly putting a stop to it. He did not want to look foolish in front of [member="Aditya Amadis"] . "My name is Kolai. Kolai Onolz. I am honored by your offer, and humbly accept. I've never had any Beskar plates. I doubt they would fit me even if I could find some." He gestured to his rather small arms and legs.

[member="Kolai Onolz"] [member="Aditya Amadis"].

Tysk crossed her arms and looked at the woman as the schematics came into her view she was listening and looking them over but she was a willamina which meant a few things... The few known things were they were a female clan with the main clan divided between Mandalore and Dxun... the females at least the males were gone... Some joked they killed them after the deed or that they were sent to some uncharted world to be kept as a private breeding stock... The matter that they neither confirmed or denied such rumors and things added to it. The other was... they all fought even their engineers like Tysk or pilots like Sayuri.

She sucked a small amount of air in through her teeth and motioned with her head while going towards a table and putting her equipment up. "That can be done, there are a few tools former republic members made for their operatives before they were run out. Luckily we are friendly with the ones who made them and Ayumi has little love for the new regime. Her operatives were kicked out and we got one of these toys the stunner could prove useful for your armor as well as adding a multi-tool for your wrist." She could think of a few others like a servo driver and magnetic gloves because a hydrospanner was on the multi tool.

Operative bracer

As the shocker you asked for is here with description and special feature listed.

The electrostatic charge is built much like a discharge. The human body being able to store up to 30,000 volts is not uncommon and can be done by moving across a floor it is the discharge of over 3,000 volts that goes over the human sensitivity threshold while something as minor as 10 volts can damage level 1 ESD devices. Above 6,000 volts is visible to the eye and traveling from the wrist launcher exits at a speed 270 ft. per second to a maximum range of 10 meters spreading minorly to cover more within the center of mass delivering a shock of 1.3 milliamps (as voltage doesn't kill you it is amperage)

The charge and shot mimic the waveform disrupting the nervous system and incapacitating on low setting or setting for high level which has less range being reduced by one third and upping the amperage. The duration for the incapacitation depends on the person but the minimal tested is one hour to seven for stunning and if fired on lethal levels death can happen. The damage to electronics not shielded or insulated can be longer lasting and go up in the in varying damage (depending on size, insulation ect. ect) The ammo charge capacity is 4 shots per power cell on lethal setting and 16 none lethal per cell. Standard operatives have three cells in place with additional on person.

• A high frequency electrostatic charge that also act as percussive energy blasts. It can deliver charges up to 30,000 volts. Can be set to deliver minor shocks that causes stunning or high voltage currents that can be lethal.

"It's a new process for me, too." Aditya smiled at [member="Kolai Onolz"]. How fun would it be to watch [member="Tysk Willamina"] forge and work on her Beskar'gam with someone else who also wanted to know more about the process? If Kolai was a true Mandalorian, then the Beskar'gam would be sacred to him too and the chitters pouring out of his mouth-plates were a decent sort of music to the Engineesta's ears.

"That's the beauty of armour isn't it, Kotai? We can forge it to whatever specifications help us the most. My Beskar'gam will be different from everybody else's. Forged of the same materials, configured in a different way. It'll be mine. My representation of that piece of the Resol'nare. Someday my daughter will get hers and hers won't look or function like mine or my companion's. So maybe you don't get a full set of beskar'plates. Whatever you do end up getting will be tailored for you and your needs. Cool concept, eh? Tell me more about your people, I'm fascinated."

[member="Tysk Willamina"] kept her arms crossed over her chest, and the idea began to unsettle Aditya. What'd she done now? Walking over with the possible black widow, Aditya looked at the table and gear. "That. . . that would be awesome. So the bracer would fit into the gauntlet?"

He was taken back by the question. He'd been fascinated, listening to her views on armor and its eccentricities. It had honestly not thought she'd ask about where he came from. "Well," he started, working through his thoughts. "In my home hive, I am known as a member of the Verpine Protectorate, a group fomed originally from an outpost put there by mandalorian 800 years ago. Over time, the cultures converged, and made something new. There, we follow what traditions we can, and act as peacekeepers for the colony. I was trained to be Mandalorian by the Protectorate since I was hatched, and I've always wanted to learn more about where our own culture came from. Mostly, we don't leave Roche. We're needed to protect the hive. But, I was allowed to leave, and learn and live with our brothers and sisters." He finished, having trailed off into some of his own history. Quickly, he had an idea. There was a data pad in his belt, which he quickly pulled out and selected an excerpt from a writing about the Verpine culture.

The Verpine Protectorate: A Brief History

The Verpine Protectorate, as it has become known as, is a relatively unknown, group present within the Roche Asteroid Field. While it is small when compared to the other Verpine classes, it's role is pivotal. The Verpine are a very mild, non-aggressive race, the Protectorate are part of the few present classes of warrior, and serve as elite Guardians of the Asteroids. One might wonder, 'How did such a group arise?' The answer would be a pivotal moment in Verpine History, at the Battle of Roche before the First Fall of the New Republic.

This was a time where alliances where quickly changing, and the Alliance fell under threat as one of their own attacked. Darth Caedus, formerly known as Jason Solo, was known as a great hero and warrior. With his flagship Anakin Solo, Caedus started a schism, creating his own base of power, and waging war with the New Republic. During this time period, Caedus attacked the Verpine home system of Roche, hoping to take their advanced technology. Their saviors proved to be the product of an unlikely alliance made primarily out of fear. The Mandalorians saved the Verpine from destruction, establishing an outpost and defending the Asteroid Field from invaders. From that point onward, the Mandalorians where revered within the hive.

The Outpost became a permanent addition to the capital asteroid of Nickel One, and remained that way for decades. Over time, the original Mandalorian protectors began to either leave or die. Newly born Verpine where taken in by the few adults who had joined the Mandalorians in their vigilance. Soon, none of the original protectors remained. The Outpost was now inhabited by a new breed of Mandalorian.

As the Verpine transitioned to become Mandalorians, certain aspects of the culture did not translate. Verpine are raised by groups, or the entire hive, so the tradition of raising children Mandalorian transitioned to raising some of the hive' s collective children separately, as Mandalorians. The call to Mandalore was eventually phased out of the pillars, as Mandalore never made contact with the group. These modified rules made up the rayshe’a'nare.

At first, this group was referred to simply as Mandalorian. But, over the time, the name transitioned to the Verpine Mandalorians, and then to the Verpine Mandos, and finally, Mandalorian was dropped from the name, and Protectorate was adopted to better describe their roles in the Hive.

The Protectorate became servants of the Hive, defending the Asteroid Belt as an advanced, elite guard. They have stood vigilant for over 800 years, and they show no sign if abandoning their duty any time soon.

[member="Aditya Amadis"]

[member="Kolai Onolz"] [member="Aditya Amadis"]

"Yes it would, the bracers are designed in tubes allowing for the different gadgets. Some modifications and it would be able to be detached then hooked to your armor. We can easily adapt it to the armors systems and with the right placement of powercells we can even put in some of the other attachments. The line launcher isn't to bad." She was looking it over and looking at the verpine with a small flick of her eyes while her head moved looking over the schematics and she spoke. "We can start in one of the forges, I trust you know how to work the forge?"

[member="Kolai Onolz"] 's story was another reason the Mandalorians were such a great mix of powerhouses and privileged peoples. Even though life was harsh and dangerous for many Mando'ade, hearing that Kolai's people were placed centuries before and still tried to follow customs and come to the epicentral homelands of Beskar and buy'ce. "I for one am glad you got the chance to come. I hope you learn a lot on your trip and bring it back to the hive with a spring in your step."

[member="Tysk Willamina"] caught Aditya's eye once again (as Aditya was hungry to hear what the woman had to say and who wouldn't be? With a 6'2"Amazon telling you about armour, you listen! Listen good.), and she glanced over the bracer specs. "Yeah, um I'm not a Beskar smith. I'm an engineer. I can do the work on the electronics and connect the systems and program the suit-based computational algorithms but I can't . . . I'm no. . . . Beskar defeats me. I do know a Beskar smith, though. For the plate work. She's waiting in my speeder in case I needed her. Good kid. Should I call her up here?"

Bringing [member="Ginnie Ordo"] along had been an attempt to get used to kids and give the child a break from her constant battles. Aditya had thrown the offer out and after her mother said yes, the 13 year old Beskar'gam wearing pyromancer was all too eager to be hopping along.

[member="Aditya Amadis"] [member="Kolai Onolz"]

Tysk looked at her and shrugged, if she wanted to bring in a beskar smith that was fine more smiths meant the forging process could be improved and work would go smoother. Tysk was getting ready while she spoke. "That is fine, the forge will be going and I am just going to get ready. This will be a longer process so be ready when the first plates are up for measurements." Tysk was making one of the spar tables where her helmet, cases and gauntlets were going. The chest piece of the light blue armor leaving her in a tank top while she was putting her hair up ina tight ponytail.

Kolai nodded towards [member="Aditya Amadis"] , attempting to convey respect. "I will do my best. The knowledge I obtain will be invaluable to both me and my Hive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom