Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian

First episode was good, but second one moved a little slow. Very promising so far. I wish these were hour long episodes, or at least 45 minutes. I am excited for the rest of the season.

So far I'm genuinely impressed by The Mandalorian. It really reignited the love I have for Star Wars, and although some episodes aren't as good in my opinion, no episode so far has been outright bad.

If I had to rank them so far, I'd say:
  • Chapter 3
  • Chapter 1
  • Chapter 2
  • Chapter 5
  • Chapter 4

I've had the most fun keeping an eye out for the various Easter Eggs that have been dropped into all of the scenes.

Eager to see more of the Mandalorian's origin with the obvious Confederate involvement.

The reception has been good so hopefully we can get a few more live-action series rolling out!

The show is becoming a bit episodic. I thought it would be less episodic and more overarching season-long story. I feel like they have missed out on some very good character potential by killing off interesting characters played by good actors at the end of episodes. Still enjoying it, but I think it has more potential.

Max Devern

M
[member="Padd"]

The reason its episodic is because its inspired by old western shows which had a similar format. I felt the same way before I found this out but I've come to terms with it.

[member="Max Devern"]

Even assuming you are correct -- and I am not challenging that, as you seem to know what you are talking about -- they could maintain this episodic formula without killing off characters. Specific spoiler ahead.

I was especially interested in Ming-Na Wen's character. I love her in Agents of Shield and was excited to learn she would be in the Mandalorian. They killed her off unceremoniously after only a few minutes of screen time. This was a major waste and disappointment. I hope that we find out the mystery character at the end of the episode found her alive and we see her again, but her death looked pretty final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom