Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign The Lunar Shroud | The Enclave

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii

d74lANo_d.jpg
Equipment: In bio
Ship: Modified YV freighter.
Tags: Nix Avyena Nix Avyena Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta

Mig sighed a little as he followed the group, puling out his Trayc'kad as he followed. It was time to see what was making these tunnels. The Mando'ad'jetii sighed a little to himself as he walked. Something just wasn't right here. Then he heard the call to get out of the main tunnel. Mig ducked into a small hole in the wall, and watched as the massive creature went by. He would come out of hiding when the beast had passed by.

"Osik.... When I said it looked like the Rishii Moon I didn't think it was that similar!"

d74lANo.png

Activity: Wondering how she got into this mess.
Tags: Mig Gred Mig Gred Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta Siv Dragr Siv Dragr

Nix pushed through the rubble and debris that had fallen by her feet and re-emerged back into the tunnel. The ground was still shaking and loose rocks still fell from the cave wall as the enormous worm disappeared into the gloom in the direction of the ships. She checked her wrist-computer, but the tunnel walls made it impossible to get a return signal from the ship. Of course, it was possible there was no signal because there was no longer a ship.

Mig's voice came over the commlink, "Osik.... When I said it looked like the Rishii Moon I didn't think it was that similar!"

"I guess even giant worms need a holiday home," Nix replied with a smirk. She looked down the tunnel in the direction that the exogorth had come from, noting that Siv had drawn his rifle. She reached for her blaster pistol and held it low. It felt like a ward against evil more than an actual defence, She had 4 thermal detonators on her belt, but they weren't much more useful.

She studied the cave room for a moment. More rocks continued to fall lazily in the low gravity. It appeared the scans were correct: the moons structure was far from stable. An idea began to form, and she pulled two of the thermal detonators from her belt and scanned the ceiling for weakpoints. With two fractures appropriately chosen, she threw a detonator at each, both detonators set to explode upon a signal.

Without commenting on the charges she had just placed, Nix turned to the rest of the Mandalorians and nodded, ready to push ahead.

Objective: MoonTrace

Talohn Equipment: Rau'r'gam, Zas' stjolkk heavy pistol, TDW HARM, The Mule, Large EBFAK, The Kusak heavy blaster

Madlad Equipment: Atin general purpose heavy pistol, M-8 Shotgun, M-107 Anti-Material rifle, internal weapons, M-3 MAAWS Recoilless Rifle

Those currently trading fire with the vong would soon have their attention caught by a roaring noise from behind. Though nowhere near close to hitting them, a blur of smoke soars past, making impact with a doorway into the base which the vong were hiding in, sending a collection of limbs and entrails flying all around amongst the resulting flames. Looking back to investigate the source would result in the sight of a familiar face for Obran and Aloy. None other than Talohn and his droid, both armed to the teeth.

Madlad, had the M-3 Recoilless rifle over it's shoulder, and was currently loading another missile into the weapon while giggling like an absolute madman. "This....this is good for the soul I tell you." The droid says with a loud cackle, casually shrugging off the impact of any fire that hits it due to the beskar plating, Another explosion is thrust upon a group of Vong that dare to stray outside the base as Madlad fires once again, creating more finely ground smithereens. The droid also had an Atin pistol in a holster on it's thigh, and M-8 shotgun slung over it's shoulder along with an M-107 Anti Material rifle.

Talohn meanwhile, approaches the group in a run before ducking behind cover with the rest. He uses comms to speak to them over the gunfire. "Talohn Atar here, sorry. The droid couldn't help himself, though I think it works in our favor. By the way Obran, how ya been doing?" The cathar is well armed too, in that armor Obran created for him. He's also got his custom made pistol, the Zas, in a holster on his right thight, the kusak heavy blaster on his left, The Mule shotgun in a holster on his lower back, An EBFAK for medical aid on the field on his left hip, and the TDW HARM squad configuration slung over his left shoulder so that it hangs idly by his rightt hip, able to be pulled up to fire at any time. Talohn cam ready to play.

"Let's see what we can do about this, eh? These fuckers interrupted game night on my ship, and I'm not a fan of that."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Obran Obran Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Vren Rook Vren Rook

wpo98nx.png
Tags: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

On point. The shocktrooper and goran swung his shotgun down and forward, racking the slide to prime the belt and then striding forward, off-hand checking the various knives and blaster pistol on his opposite hip as the monstrosity he currently touted. Sensors in his helmet wheeled and whirred, and he took care to lead, but not outdistance Aloy by too much. There was only so much even one armed and armored like himself could do against certain odds they were like to be facing. With a grin at Talohn, he patted the beastly weapon the man had made him and nodded to the armor.

"Doin well. Nice suit, looks like you got someone to make you an upgrade"

The wink under his helmet was almost audible in his voice as he continued to clear down the hall.

Approaching a door, Obran hit the access panel with an elbow in his patented step, having motioned everyone to the sides of the door. As he stepped into the firing line of the open door, the sound of firing vong weaponry could be heard, followed by a clank as the extra supports and mag-locks of his armor clicked into place.

With a grin, the abomination opened up, spewing 10 ga euk'gar slugs and shot in alternating feed. And Obran barked a laugh as the Vong weaponry (so far) bounced harmlessly off the thick armor of his father. A voice amp in his helmet made his voice broadcast on comms and via speakers in the buc'ye

"Contact at 1 o'clock. Oya!"

d74lANo.png

R E A S O N

Tag: Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta | Nix Avyena Nix Avyena | Mig Gred Mig Gred

"I'm alive," Siv grunted into his comms as one of the Mandalorians asked if everyone was okay, their message coming in patched bits through pieces of heavy static. He slid his way out of the crevasse, standing up as his knees groaned in protest. He held his blaster loosely in one hand, and the glowrod on his helmet cast a beam of light through the tunnel. The rumbling was still there, but more distant in the direction that the humongous worm and gone.

"Fething krak. That must've been an exogorth," Siv said out loud to no one in particular. He looked around to the other Mandalorians, who'd by now crawled out of the various hiding holes they had just moments earlier scrambled into. "I've only heard stories about them. Spacers call them 'ship-eaters.' But I've heard loremasters say that they're sentient. Peaceful, even. Pride themselves on being able to keep a stable ecosystem inside. . . themselves."

He tapped his blaster to the side of his thigh before sheathing it. "Normally I don't suggest these things but. . . it's obvious we don't have the kind of firepower to kill that thing." He looked at each of the three Mandalorians individually. "Let's see if we can reason with it.

d74lANo.png
Equipment: BR-6B Verpine Shatter Battle Rifle, Double-barreled blaster carbine, IB-94 blaster pistol, Mandalorian vambraces
Ship: ENCL-G12 Akaanir-class Medium Gunship
Tags: Mig Gred Mig Gred Nix Avyena Nix Avyena Siv Dragr Siv Dragr

Kandosii let out a relieved sigh upon getting confirmation that the others were alive, lowering the rifle from the corner and coming out to stand with Siv. An exogorth, Siv had said. The space slugs. "Those things can speak?!" Kandosii slung the rifle's sling over his shoulder, letting it hang at his side. "Now, I'm not sayin' I think we can kill it, but how are we gonna reason with somethin' like that, 'sides handin' over one of our ships for lunch?" He stood hands akimbo, one hand resting near his pistol's grip in case any Vong followed in the exogorth's wake. " 'Ssumin it didn't help itself to 'em anyways." Talkin' worms, now Kandosii had heard it all. He idly kicked a loose rock, letting it drift in the low gravity, while he waited for Mig and Nix to voice their opinions. He hoped Siv knew what he was talking about, otherwise this'd be a short mission for all of them.

Objective: MoonTrace

Trailing behind the two formidable attackers, Leea kept a more wary approach. Falling back into old training, she was hunched over slightly as she jogged along, rifle raised. Unlike most of the allies she had witnessed thus far, the Mirialan bore no heavy armour, without the beskar that seemed to make Mandalorians practically invulnerable, she was decidedly squishy. Clothed in a simple enviro-suit, with only the thinnest of body armour and protective screening, she made a rather comedic figure compared to those beside her. She carried a simple assault rifle of non-descript design, Leea hoped it would be enough against their current foe. Besides these, she carried a pack with extra ammunition and, perhaps more importantly, explosives. It reminded her of the time she had been ordered to support combat engineers on Ryloth. That was exciting...

The trio had covered a fair distance before Madlad begun his assault, during which Leea's eyes had constantly darted over various landmarks, scanning for an ambush or some sign of treachery. She had never heard of the Vong before and found their description to be as revolting as the mynocks that occasionally plagued Talohn's ship. While the other two were able to quickly cover the ground to the rest of the group, Leea was a bit slower. The aggressors continued moving up to a doorway and Leea just managed to sidle up to someone, she found it difficult enough to identify people in the middle of a firefight, let alone when half or more of them were hidden inside of armour shells.

The comm rang alive with Talohn's final comment and Leea winced. Game night. It was not the worst occasion, that honour probably went to flying through asteroid fields, but it certainly was not her favourite night. This was at least more interesting, even if it did mess with her head a bit. The roar of the shotgun came loud and clear as the breached called out the enemy location. There was too much incoming fir for her to risk returning fire. She spoke out over the comms, adding her voice to the cacophony, "When you told me they used organic weapons, I didn't think that meant living guns!" A perhaps foolish misunderstanding, but it was one she was prepared to overcome as needed.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Vren Rook Vren Rook Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Obran Obran Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Local Time: 20:22
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: Moontrance (Destroy the Vong Jamming Equipment)
Ship: M-30S Krayt Gunship
Equipment:
Loadout 3
Tags: Cerar Vizsla Cerar Vizsla | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Obran Obran | Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Leea Pandac Leea Pandac | Nix Avyena Nix Avyena | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

“Heh, fine by me.”
Cerar replied. They were in close range of the Vong forces now. Seeing as their ranged attacks had little to no effect on their attackers, they chose to attack them in melee, but only one lived long enough to close the distance to the towering Mandalorians as the rest were shredded with blaster bolts. The Vong lunged at him with his claws, but the gigantic Mandalorian could see the attack coming. He had enough time to take action accordingly. He raised his Z-6 to block the attack. The Vong’s sharp claw’s left scratch marks on the weapon. The damage to his rotary blaster cannon was nothing too serious. After he blocked the creature’s attack, Kranak shoved the creature away from him with a melee bash using the barrel end of his Z-6. As he put his strength behind the blow, the creature tumbled backwards down on the ground. The Mandalorian pinned down the Vong with his left feet as he stepped on its chest firmly, with his rotary blaster cannon pointing at its face. The creature’s facial expressions were mixed with anger, hate and fear. The Z-6 spun and unleashed a short burst at the Vong. The creature’s head was shredded, with the remains sent flying into the air; it’s jet black blood gushed at the Mandalorian, covering his face plate and chest piece with small to large spots of black blood.

With the last of the enemies around them dispatched, he and his fellow vod were now closing up on the moon base’s main entrance at the front. He guessed the interior of the entrance was center fed. The thick double doors were ripped open to the sides. There were no lights coming from the inside. “That’s normal.” he thought to himself, as he knew the Vong despised technology. But he wondered what was powering the Vong's Jamming Equipment? He assumed he'd find out soon enough. He formed up on the right side of the door, assuming a breaching position on the right side of the entrance, with his fellow kin on the opposite side of him. His vod spoke while Kranak was performing a quick equipment check on himself, making sure his Z-6 had a full or close to full powercell. He remembered he should try and broadcast his position to the rest of his vode in the area. He was somewhat in the dark regarding the whereabouts of his vode in the area. He only saw two ships headed northwest. He wasn’t sure if he was close enough for anyone to hear him. Maybe Aloy, but he wasn’t sure about the others, since the Vong jamming equipment scrambled his short range radio. The Mandalorian spoke into his helmet’s built-in commlink. [“Kranak reporting in. I and Cerar engaged a sizable Vong force at the front entrance. A.C.E report’s green. Proceeding into the moon base now.”] If he was too far away, he would break up heavily over the comms, sounding almost incomprehensible.

“After we’re done here, we need to catch up, Kranak. Me, you, and a bottle of ne’tra gal,”
Now he rarely drank, but that was an offer he could not refuse. He loved ne'tra gal. He replied with a big smile on his face, his sonorous voice filled with joy. [“Looking forward to that, vod! But first thing’s first, let’s breach inside. I’ll take point.”] He let go of the grip of the Z-6, holding it by the handle with his left hand as he retrieved an AFG Type 3 from his grenade bandolier slung on his chest plate. After Cerar was set and ready to breach into the moon base, he primed the flashbang as he applied pressure on the priming pressure plate at the top of the grenade and threw it inside. The flashbang detonated with a loud bang and a brief, glamorous white flash mere moments after he threw it inside. He spun his Z-6 while moving inside as he lowered his rangefinder and activated it’s built-in night vision to see in the dark. He would be clearing the corners to his right, entrusting the left corner to Cerar. At the front, there were no immediate threats that needed addressing, but there were two Vong huddled behind a crate. They appeared to be stunned from the flashbang. He had already spun his Z-6 before going in. He pulled the trigger and unleashed a short hail of blaster bolts aimed at the creatures. They were cut down in a moment’s notice. After the interior of the entrance section of the moon base was cleared, they would move deeper into the facility to complete the objective.

d74lANo_d.jpg

Mig looked at Siv, surprised.

"An exogorth? How'd I not sense...? Anyway, call it the years of running through space, but I'll take talking over shooting." Mig looked at the tunnel, slipping his Trayc'kad back onto his back. He looked at the others, not sure how to go about talking to a space slug. He took a breath, looking at the others as he decided to try and follow it. Maybe, just maybe, they could just ask it to stop, or be less destructive.

d74lANo.png

Activity: Still wondering how she got into this mess...

The plan to reason with the enormous asteroid eater was not the maddest that Nix had ever heard, but it certainly ranked highly. Admittedly, she had never encountered an exogorth before now and it was possible the other members of the squad were more knowledgeable about such things, but as she followed her brothers deeper into the moon she could not help but feel that they needed a plan beyond "Try to talk to the worms."

She stayed quiet, however, instead focussing on attempting to gather as much data as she could. The diameter of the tunnel likely dictated how large the exogorths could be, so it seemed reasonable that the one they had seen was roughly as large as they would get. However, just one exogorth of that size was not enough to create the disturbances the scouts had detected, so either there were many more such creatures lurking in the dark or they got even larger.

After a short time traversing the tunnel the group came upon a sudden drop. It was not a crack or fissure, but rather a continuation of the tunnel that dropped almost vertically towards the moon's core. Nix cycled through her vision modes, but none could pierce through the murk that pooled in the tunnel like oil. There was something terrible about the hole, but also something alluring; something urging her to simply jump into the darkness.

"It's strange that the tunnel would certainly change shape like this. Do you think it could be some defensive feature protecting a home, or nest?" She stared down into the gloom again. "It would certainly keep most curious creatures out."

She checked her wrist-mounted computer for a moment before reporting, "Gravity is low enough that a fall should be okay, although that depends on how far it goes..."

d74lANo.png

C O M M U N I C A T E

Tag: Nix Avyena Nix Avyena | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta

"It's not like I talk to Exogorths on a day-to-day basis," Siv responded. "But there's only so much a blaster pistol can do, and the things we could use for heavy firepower? That thing will eat them for breakfast." He waved his blaster pistol for extra effect, adding emphasis to his words, before stowing it back into its holster. "I don't know if, or how we're supposed to, talk to an Exogorth; but like Mig said, we got a better chance at that then elsewhere."

They kept walking through the tunnels, opting to head deeper into the cave instead of heading the way they'd entered the cave, which had been the way the Exogorth had gone. And it wasn't long before the floor of the tunnel opened into a dark, seemingly endless abyss. Siv couldn't help but feel déjà vu as memories from the first mission to Kestri briefly flooded his mind. His head turned briefly as Nix asked what they should do, taking a note of what she said about the gravity, or lack of it, slowing what could be a fatal impact.

"I guess there is only one way to find out," Siv said, pulling out his blaster for safe measure, before taking a leap and plunging feet-first into the depths below.

wpo98nx.png
Equipment: MWC-35c "Staccato Lightning" repeating cannon, Mandalorian vambraces, Whistling birds, flame projector, Crushgaunts, Taak'tabi boots
Tags: Obran Obran Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Vren Rook Vren Rook Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

As Cerar and Kranak prepared to breach the moon base, Cerar switched his helmet's vision mode to low-light mode. He'd be surprised if there was any light inside given the Vong's hatred of technology. Savages.

The left was Cerar's side while Kranak would cover the right. The flashbang went out, and a moment later went off with a loud crack and bright flash. Cerar quickly rounded the cornet, repeating cannon shouldered, and unloaded a burst at two Vong who had been forced out of cover by the flashbang. The blaster fire shredded their unprotected flesh and the vile foes hit the metal floor with heavy thuds. A third Vong leapt out of cover at his vod, but with a mighty leap aided by his boots, Cerar was able to intercept them with a midair tackle. The two landed with the Mando on top, and Cerar took the moment of surprise to spray the Vong in the face with his left gauntlet's flame projector. Weakened by the fire, they were unable to resist when Cerar grabbed its skull-like head with both crushgaunts and pulled, splitting it like a piece of fire wood. Breathing heavily and coated in the foe's jet black blood, he rose to his feet, slinging the cannon on his shoulder for a moment of rest.

"I think...we're clear."

wpo98nx.png

Tags: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Shots splattered off the armor, which was beginning to show some damage. But Obran kept a steady hail of slugs and shot down the hallway and began to advance. Like some sort of inexorable wall of euk'gar and other bits of armor, one hand fired the abomination rapidly, The other thrust straight out at shoulder height. A heavy repeating blaster barked from it, and from the shoulder streaked a rocket similar to most wrist-mounted units, headed straight towards a grouping of their enemy. Behind them appeared to be some sort of tech room, or what passed for it with Vong.

Gritting his teeth as the damage readouts chimed, he continued firing, watching the ammo count lower, and his enemies thin. Which source would reach critical failure first was going to be a race to an untimely end, that much was for sure. Blaster on his wrist done, Obran yanked a knife free and spun it blade to hand and chucked it at one Vong trying to work a heavier looking weapon into the fray. The enemy fell with a knife sticking from it's eye, screaming. Obran shrugged internally. He had been aiming for the throat, but the eye worked. Dead Vong, either way.

"Come on mir'osik! Come and fight! Your mothers were gonk droids and your fathers used hyper-spanners! Stir your shebs there vode. The prize is ahead."

Both insulting the enemy and encouraging his brethren, the shocktrooper held fast.

Having used that missile launcher to clear out the entrance, Madlad stows the missile launcher away over it's shoulder before pulling out the M-8 shotgun, and sprints straight into the building. The droid stops to stand strong beside Obran, firing off those 8 guage rounds straight into any enemies that get past Obran's fire, literally blowing them into chunks. Shot after shot echoes through the hallway as the entrails of Madlad's targets start caking the walls.

Talohn remained in cover with Leea for a moment. He places a hand on her shoulder, looking right into her eyes, not that she can tell due to his current helmet. "You doing alright kiddo? We're about to charge on forward. I want you to stay behind me. Obran's in there, probably running low on ammo. Use me as cover and shoot whoever I haven't already filled with holes. Also, put these on." The cathar hands her a pair of glasses, they seem to be for spotting thermal signatures. He draws his prized Vas heavy pistol, and gestures for her to follow as he vaults over the spot where they're currently taking cover. In one hand is the pistol. His mandalorian wrist shield activates in his left hand, and he holds it up as he charges, moving it in tangent with his pistol to guard all angles of his upper body. The pistil, firing 14mm shots, is more than enough to drop any poor vong bastard that it hits, and Leea will be able to handle whoever Talohn doesn't shoot.

As they arrive at Obran's side, Talohn throws two smoke grenades off of his belt and throws them down the hall. They ignite, which would be no problem for the mandos thanks to those helmets, and Leea has the glasses. Once he does that, he calls out to Obran. "Behind me, you're running low. Reload and rejoin me and we'll mow'em like grass. Leea, peek out and shoot them from behind me, Madlad, blast any that get too close." The Vong in the hallway are scrambling after the smoke grenades. Talohn takes a moment to load another magazine into his Zas, and begins opening fire into the smoke, blasting holes into any Vong that don't go into cover. They had a limited window until the smoke clear, which would be long enough for Obran to reload.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Vren Rook Vren Rook Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

d74lANo.png
Equipment: BR-6B Verpine Shatter Battle Rifle, Double-barreled blaster carbine, IB-94 blaster pistol, Mandalorian vambraces
Tags: Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Mig Gred Mig Gred Nix Avyena Nix Avyena

Kandosii followed the others as they continued deeper into the tunnel, until they came to the pit. He stood at the edge, peering into it, and even his low-light vision couldn't tell him what was further below. Taking his rifle in his dominant hand again, he looked to the others. While Kandosii the middle of formulating a sentence along the lines of "are we seriously jumping into the slug hole?", Siv unholstered his blaster and leapt into the inky darkness. Kandosii sighed and jumped in after him. At least if Siv died down there, he wouldn't die alone.

Leea responded swiftly to Talohn's instruction. A click of the comm, but realizing that it might be misunderstood she vocalized, "Got it." Taking a quick breath, she blinked slowly as she put on the infrared goggles. As the Cathar began the charge, Leea waited only a moment before slipping more cautiously over the edge. Keeping step with her guardian, the Mirialan kept well behind him and his shield.

Like following a tank, she thought to herself as she heard the pings and smacks of enemy fire bouncing off the various armour in her vicinity. Vong seemed to pour forward unphased by the ordinance the Mandos supported. Indeed, Leea wondered if the resistance would only increase as they continued to push forward. Nonetheless, for all of the enemies fighting against them, she found few available targets lasting long enough for her to target. The heavy guns of the Mandos continued to fire and Leea could only watch as every enemy she put her sights on would fall a fraction of a second before she could manage to take the shot. Heh, well these guys don't need me much huh. Hope I don't hold them back. She was accustomed to being the tag-along in combat scenarios, although it was not her preferred situation. She was here to fight, but so far that was put on hold as she was a support role.

As if the thought had triggered some fate intent on proving her wrong, a Vong with some sort of discus stepped from behind a shallow culvert and tossed it at Talohn, whose shield easily absorbed the blow. Automatically, the Mirialan pivoted and her rifle locked onto the enemy as she released a trio of crimson plasma bolts. Searing the flesh and whatever passed for armour on the creature, it fell with two fresh wounds in its chest and an extended cavity through its mouth region. There, now you've got one. Maybe tha- She was surprised when the discus thrown before suddenly began flying on its own, she realized a moment later it was an insect of sorts and one that aggressively attempted to continue to attack the armour of her companion. It appeared incapable of puncturing the beskar armour of Talohn and didn't survive long enough to find the vulnerable spots, the Cathar smashing it with relative ease.

They reached Obran and Madlad, both holding like immortal stones against a tide of enemies. Talohn barked out an order and Leea complied without much thought. The Yuuzhan Vong appeared to believe that the smoke as cover for them as well. A few of the brazen ones began to set up some strange creature in the hall. Perhaps more concerning, a Vong with armour like a collection of crustaceans stepped out, unconcerned by Leea's fire. She let loose bolt after bolt, wildly shooting at the various Vong, yet that sole one walked through and the few shots that landed on him seemed to do little damage. The rest pulled back, wishing to avoid the sporadic lethal spray, whatever weird weapon they might have been preparing was left out in the open. The long armoured Vong showed no signs of slowing though, stepping forward much as the Mandos had moments ago, without any concern that it might be endangered by the Mirialan's blaster rifle. As it walked, the Vong pulled some sort of belt from its waist and raised it, the organic weapon straightening into a long rod. The Vong waved it, perhaps a challenge? Leea did not pretend to understand this utterly alien culture. What she did know was she couldn't do anything to this one in particular.

"That one, I can't take him." She considered using one of the explosives in her pack, but decided that one of the Mando's would be able to handle it. Surely the issue was a lack of firepower on her part, rather than the enemy being too strong. These were Mandalorians after all, if their first gun didn't work, then they would pull out a bigger one right?

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Obran Obran Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Vren Rook Vren Rook Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Last edited:

wpo98nx.png

Activity: Falling

Falling in low gravity was always a strange feeling. You always anticipated more, like any moment gravity would notice you and quickly drag you down. That surge never came, however, and instead the four Mandalorians continued to fall like motes of dust down into the heart of the asteroid. At some point the thought crossed Nix's mind that she had not considered how they would get back up the tunnel, but it was too late now. She would just have to hope that one of her companions had a suitable powerful jetpack.

The tunnel widened as the warriors fell and soon the edges stretched beyond the reach of their lights. She switched to a night vision mode, although without any light it hardly faired better than her normal eyesight. As they fell, however, a faint glow of warmth began to appear beneath them. Soon, that heat aura was joined by the sight of the ground slowly pushing upward to meet them. Nix twisted her body in an attempt to land on her feet, although with little atmosphere to push against it made little difference and as she reached the bottom she found herself falling onto her front with a grunt.

She felt a surge of pain run up her arms as they broke her fall, but her fingers still seemed to flex properly and so she pushed herself to her feet. They had entered a large cavern, although the darkness made it difficult to tell just how large. Her wrist computer indicated that it was far warmed down here than it had been further up the tunnel. That was unexpected: the moon was too small to have any meaningful geological activity. As she studied the surroundings, she noticed that the ground was a strange, smooth texture, as if it had been worn flat by constant movement.

A sudden, deep rumbling sound from behind the group drew her attention, and Nix span around to face the noise. The floor of the cave began to rumble as if the entire moon was moving. There was another noise from behind them, and then another from somewhere far off to the side. Nix drew her blaster and held it low, cycling through vision modes in search of the source of the ominous sounds.

"I do hope those spacer-tales about talking to exogorths explained how to apologise for jumping into their nest, 'cause I've got not targets and this blaster isn't rated for taking down giant worms..."

d74lANo_d.jpg

Mig looked down the pit, taking a breath before finally jumping down. He looked around, as he fell in the lower gravity before using the Force to slow his landing. He looked at Nix, nodding a little before looking around.

"Well I've seen some crazy things. Sith slave turn after a lifetime; living metal, smoke, and sand; and eve a bird thing with three heads and one brain. Point being at this point, this ain't that weird."

d74lANo.png

C O M M U N E

Tag: Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta | Nix Avyena Nix Avyena | Mig Gred Mig Gred

The fall wasn't too bad, Siv's saving grace being the substandard gravity of Kestri's moon. He tucked and rolled, letting the motion take out the impact from his freefall before standing up, brushing dust from his gauntlets and knee pads. His pistol was still in his hand, and it was still working -- there was some measure of comfort in that fact, at least.

One by one the others landed behind him; Kandosii, Nix, and finally Mig. Nix's landing looked especially rough, and Siv was about to say something before a massive rumbling shook all around them, amplified by the depths they'd fallen from the surface of the moon into the bowels of the tunnel. Nix quipped, Mig responded, and Siv internally swore. He'd been the one who had made this suggestion, but now that they were actually following through he wasn't sure it had been the wisest decision. There was no other option than to carry out, though. And so, motioning for the others to follow, he pressed forward.

The drop they'd fallen through looked to be part of the tunnel, with only one direction to go forwards. And it wasn't long before it opened up into a massive chamber, on the scale of something unimaginable. A cavern so large it could house an entire Star Destroyer comfortably. And in the center of it, cureld up and very, very, large?

The Exogorth. Waiting.

It began to rumble in its throat, a noise Siv could feel vibrating through the ground up his boots and into his beskar armor. He looked at his three companions, almost daring them to make the first move at communicating with this. . . thing.

Activity: Diplomacy

Nix held the blaster by her side as she stared in awe at the exogorth. It was far larger than the one that had passed them in the tunnel, far larger than she could even believe possible. It was coiled like a snake, its head looming down from some 30 feet above them and its body and tail disappearing into the gloom of the cavern. The ground rumbled as it breathed, or sighed, or tried to talk... she didn't know which.

The Mandalorians stood completely still, no doubt as awestruck as herself. It seemed unwise to keep such a menacing creature waiting, and so Nix almost impulsively stepped forward.

"My name is Nix Avyena." She nodded her head slowly, beginning to wonder if the creature could understand her. "We come from the Enclave, a safe-haven for our people just as this moon is a haven for yours. We are here because both our people and yours face the same threat, one which threatens the safety of us all" She gestured around the cave slowly and slid the blaster back into its holster. "We come in peace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom