Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Lion's Mane (Invite Only. PM me)

Cruk turned his head as Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun began to approach, Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson seemed to be paying attention. Well, this should was going to be revealing he wagered. One way or another, he was going to learn something. She began to speak, and he listened. She had her own opinions of Arken, it was funny. How at odds they were in the same group. How interesting it would be to attempt to get them to prove their statement, unfortunately even among the geonosians there could be issues. Perhaps more in his clans than others, at least before he took control. Such an attempt on his part would probably be fruitless.

There was...however, one issue. An issue that he would have made had his force sensitivity not provided him an advantage against the Hives queen. Out here, such methods were...less productive. His familiarity with the Geonosian mind was simply far stronger than these other races. That issue, was pressing their own assumptions on certain problems. Changing his view of people rather than practicality.

It didn't mean she was wrong, completely. And while she was perhaps right, her people did do well on their own, and his might too, it didn't mean his current decision was wrong. Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson slapped her face and he glanced at her, he had a comment for that too. But he'd wait until they all said their piece. And it was Arken Dobson Arken Dobson 's turn. The moment they interacted Cruk felt like their skills of convincing may have been reduced, in his direction anyway. Though he did believe they each had important points, coorpoeration was good from an outsiders perspective, and his potential alone was not impossible.

But it was time to speak. "I must make my response." he began simply, "Take all that I say, with the understanding that I am not from your races or cultures. My ultimate interest is my Hive, cooperation here is for their sake, not mine. I shall respond in order. I must protest on your assumptions on his opinions, as his personal opinion is irrelevent. He's not the buyer. Thus far, the deal I'm making here only has to do with the Elysium Empire. And it is only in an advisory position that they would be involved. Ultimately the decision remains among us. We already have products on the market, and will continue that process regardless of Dobson's decisions. If they fall, we can move on, we began outside of them and will continue to operate in areas without their input. As far as a bad word, that would likely unwise. Betrayal isn't taken lightly and if Dobson understands costs, betrayal of a Geonosian Hive that is able to be nearly constantly on the move would go worse than simply canceling contracts. I appreciate your advice, but the same issues with Dobson could occur with the Elysium Empire itself should its government fail or turn against us. Nor will I give criticism to your own productivity. You seem capable of your own company. But I intend mass production."

His statement wouldn't be aimed just at her however, he looked to Arken, "I agree that teamwork is vital. Yes. Especially for something of great size. But her fear of criticism so far seems no higher than your own. Simply upon meeting me you gave opinions of her. It quite feasible your intent was to reduce my opinion of her to ensure I wouldn't question you when I inevitably met her. I may not have changed my present objective. But this if we are to continue cooperation with the Elysium empire and the companies within it, I see reason to give my input to both of you. Cooperation is good, independence is good, a mixture of both is sometimes best, if not the only solution." His head turned to Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson , "On that note, I really would advise less noticeable dissent if you don't give input. It can be damaging."

With that, and a glance at the assistant that was sent into the crowd with a word from Dobson, the Geonosian waved a hand and nodded his head, "I hope this hasn't damaged the chances of cooperation with all positive aspects and parties within the Elysium Empire. I believe it is better to voice and act than simply pick sides in every discussion. At this moment, Dobson remains the most efficient choice in an advisory role to hasten processes in regards to dealings made towards the Elysium Empire. Should their services prove less advantageous than alone, whether through betrayal of cooperation or through lack of capabilities, then that will be taken into account in such a time. Should more need to be said by any of you, I will listen. But at present my goals are unchanged."

Lori heard Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson 's slap of her forehead and the words spoken under her breath. In a way it was perfectly timed. She wanted an honest reaction to her words and that was exactly what she got.

And it was enough to get reactions from both Arken Dobson Arken Dobson and Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk . It was enough for them to reveal what she hoped that they would in their answers. And they did!

Politics was all a game, wasn't it? Lori's Dad WolfMortum WolfMortum hated it for all of the fake niceties that were thrown about at any given meeting or event, yet her Mom NPC Treasury NPC Treasury was quite good at navigating through it. Lori wasn't quite sure of where she sat in all of it, but eventually she'd figure it out.

This was her first encounter with Arken. Dorthea had told her of what he had thought of her, and how he'd eat her alive. And that was what Lori played into. Cruk happened to be the opportunity that she needed to help step into that mindset. Yet it was lovely to see that Cruk too could see through some of Arken's words and that caused Lori to smile. She bowed her head to them both. "Thank you gentlemen for your valuable insight. May this little venture be profitable for us all." Lori stepped away from the pair, glancing over at Dorthea with a wink and sneaky grin as she walked past her. Her steps were tall and had a bounce to them like a hunter strolling around captured prey.

Politics was a game. And she was certain that she was going to get good at it.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

Arken Dobson

Black Lion Of The Elysium Empire
Arken was pleased with the exchange as the juvenile mando-Princess flitted away as goofily as she had arrived. She had even helped him establish that Cruk Tuk was her enemy and left without any more information than he was willing to give her at this time. He watched his own daughter, Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson drop her jaw as Loreena strutted past her. Dorthea then proceeded to chase after her mouthing the words ”What the kriff was that?” and they were gone.

Arken turned back to his companion Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk , and spoke, “my apologies for the interruption. And I apologize for the confusion regarding my earlier implications. You are most certainly free to question and criticize my business as it is my pleasure to work as a team player. Criticism can only improve my services which I provide. I hope I didn’t give you the wrong impression. I was simply hoping to illustrate that we have a certain member in our delegation that is creating an environment that is non-conducive to a teamwork environment. If this is allowed to persist, the Elysium Empire’s position with the Sluis Van delegation will be much weaker. You are even free to indulge in joint-projects with Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and make deals with her as you see fit. That is your right within the Elysium Empire. But I hope to warn you of her volatile nature in negotiations to come.” He took another sip of his drink. It was getting warmer now. Disgusting.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Cruk Tuk tilted his head slightly, giving Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun a nod as she left. With a simple, "May it be so." as she almost...bounced away triumphantly. It was a very interesting reaction. And not one he'd actually anticipated from someone in mandalorian society. Whether that meant she was an odd one out or not he didn't know. But clearly he'd have to reevaluate some assessments on personality.

He returned his attention to Arken as Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson also departed with her. He gave Arken Dobson Arken Dobson a nod as well for the apologies. Affirming his desire for work as a team, and willingness to take criticism. He took a quick drink of his own, downing most of it now that they were this far in. "Apologies accepted, but unnecessary. This is just part of the nature of business. There will always be holes, misunderstandings, and split interests. Ass I said, I still intend to work with you. Division causes issue, it is one of the reasons I saw reason for me to lead the Hive. I may enter joint projects, if I see sufficient reason. I think first what's most important is stability within the Elysium empire. She is...less predictable. Strategically that can be useful. But it could provoke issues if I can't narrow things down."

He took in a breath in thought, this was going to take work certainly. But most importantly would be to keep the Hive productive. There were opportunities here. Whatever route required to take advantage of that, he'd attempt. Presently Arken was his best option, so far as he could tell.

HMS Shi-Cho
Docked at the Sluis Van Central Space Station
Neutral Space
1425 Galactic Standard Time

Heath had been consumed by his thoughts regarding Arken, The Empire, and the upcoming negotiations. He had barely noticed Var-Sulis moving around, and Dorthea Dobson pulling Loreena away. But now it was time to depart, the negotiations were to begin. He would address problems as they arose. Plotting several months, or even just weeks ahead was exhausting.

He did a quick scan of the room, observing the various conversations taking place, before softly clearing his throat and straightening his posture. He hated to interrupt the conversing, but there was business to be done. Besides, they were likely scheming against him for some reason or another. Waiting one more moment, he finally called out,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe we have some work to be done." He motioned toward the exit. "Let us proceed." As the crowd began to move, Heath took one last deep breath, then descended the steps, heading towards the exit himself. If The Empire was more professional, he would have exited first, but it was too late for that. Instead he would be last. Apart from Var-Sulis of course, who was probably watching the flank for any threats.

The man had another purpose of course...beyond simple security. If negotiations failed, Var Sulis could make the shipyard owner...reconsider...the offers made. But that was the worse case scenario. Surely things wouldn't come to that with such skilled businessmen among the ranks, ready to advise him...

Lori knew that Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson was shocked by what had happened, and no doubt the woman was equally confused by her exit from the pair of older businessmen. Of course now wasn't the time for big explanations. Instead all that she could do was whisper a little bit to Dorthea's ear; "I'm playing my part. They think that I'm some brash and stupid Royal, right? Well the less truth they know, the better." The less that she was deemed a threat to Arken Dobson Arken Dobson , the better.

Such a meeting also gave her the opportunity herself to see how Arken operated, not only with Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk , but with the Sluis Van delegation as well.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun had given the word for them to disembark. She found it a little strange that he kept behind them, but maybe that was a bit of a display as well; for she was quite sure that the Elysium King had her back. And given that he was walking behind her, the man really did.

Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
Dorthea simply stared back at the young mandalorian woman. Her face was flat and expressionless, except for the vein that throbbed in her forehead. Her voice was a deadpan whisper, “Well I thought your performance was pretty convincing” she shook her head and looked away, then looked back at @na Arenais-Valhoun and asked, “then what do we do now? I can’t read your mind. You gotta keep Arken Dobson Arken Dobson from shutting you out of the deals for shipyard spaces. I don’t see how you can win here. I’ll do whatever you need, but I’m lost right now.”

She fell in step with Lori as they moved for the docking hatch on the port side of the Shii-Cho. She found it was a comforting habit for the two of them to step in marching cadence as they both had at least military-esque backgrounds. She kept close to Lori, designating herself as Lori’s bodyguard for the summit. She was an officer after all, and Lori was a legitimate princess.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Arken Dobson

Arken conversed with his Geonocian companion as they walked further down the hall together, leading the crowd and disembarking from the Shii-Cho. As Arken talked to the man, he decided he liked Cruk’s business sense and professionalism. If Arken was still interested in having friends, he might even consider Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk as a potential friend in the future. But, alas, after 50 plus years of cutthroat consulting work in a volatile galaxy, Arken knew that genuine friendships were a liability. Still, he allowed himself the luxury of this conversation with Cruk. As before, he decided that he could truly appreciate the sensibilities of Geonocians. They would do great business in the future together. And crush my enemies, he hoped.

They continued down the gangway while Arken offered Cruk compliments, observations, and mild dry humour, and at the end, they came out into a reception space. Arken expected a proper Sluissi reception to be awaiting them. He hoped not to be disappointed.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Well that was an odd interaction, but for now it was over. They moved on. His opinions on current company were mixed, there were certainly positive traits. But he needed more experience to really make any confirmations. He hoped it wouldn't take long, but it very well could. Whatever that knowledge provided though, he believed he had chosen the right person to greet.

Although he didn't exactly engage in a game of compliment for compliment, Cruk was still quite willing to have casual discussion with Arken. And return compliments where he believed them to be true. What he seem to take interest in, with some slight amusement to himself, was the cultural or behavioral observations. Sometimes slight things, just the way people interacted with one another or groups of 'others' much like how he interacted with Arken Dobson Arken Dobson or Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun differently from his own Hive, who he interacted differently with than other geonosians.

And then they arrived at the reception. This was going to be at least interesting, whether or not he'd actually eat here he hadn't decided yet. But, there was a good possibility something would be available. The real focus would be observing and seeing what he'd need to do. This was as important as any battlefield. Relaxation during this was acceptable, but he could not relax the grip of the mind, or lose himself in things. It was necessary to maintain control.

Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis

Dr. Veinstein

We Can Put Our Differences Behind Us, For Science
Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk Arken Dobson Arken Dobson Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson

Finally, Andreus thought to himself as the group finally entered the reception. I thought they'd never show up.

Dr. Veinstein had spent the past couple of hours, along with his workers and droids, helping to set up the reception. He had begun to grow worried about the group when they had been 15 minutes late, but seeing them now, his fears were reassured. He looked to his side, where Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red stood, in formal military dresswear.

"Better late than never, shall we go and great them?" Dr. Veinstein asked his firey-headed companion.

Red nodded. "Yes, sir. Let's get this show on the road."

Dr. Veinstein and Red both strode over to the group. "I was wondering when you guys would show up. What took you so long?" Dr. Veinstein asked, approaching the group. The group was a strange sight, with an odd collection of people. Especially that Geonosian... my my, Dr. Veinstein would love to get his hands on a Geonosian specimen, to get a chance to study their DNA and modify their genetic structure. Oh... how he would love that.

"Bah, it matters not. At least you're finally here!" He turned to Heath. "And Heath, glad to see you're here, too! I do feel like we are missing some people... Ah, that reminds me, I have another batch of test subjects awaiting your inspection."

While Dr. Veinstein talked to Heath, Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red saw Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , and approached her. Then, to what would most likely be Loreena's surprise, Red would bow to her. And what would seem even more surprising, he would begin to apologize. "My liege... Loreena... I am deeply sorry for what I have done to you. I hope you could forgive me for the crimes I have committed." And with that, Red straightened back up. Then, he turned to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun , and bowed to him too. "My lord, glad to finally meet you face-to-face. I am the one training and handling your special forces troops in training." Red said, before straightening back up.

"Well, shall we continue?" Dr. Veinstein asked the group.

Lori gave Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson a small nod, speaking softly under her breath. "The important thing is that the Sluis Van retain the majority of control over their own shipyards. Otherwise it'll look like some kind of takeover and occupation. If your father and the Geonosin appear to want a majority, they should lose out." It made sense in her mind. However reality could be an entirely different story.

And then they had arrived. Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein greeted them. It was the first time that she had seen the man in person, however she had worked on projects with him jointly for the Elysium Empire. It seemed as though he was hosting the event. A brow was raised as he mentioned test subjects, causing Lori to look at Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun with a quizzical stare.

Yet the idea of test subjects and just what those were were stripped from her mind as Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red had approached her. Lori clenched her jaw as he spoke. It was almost like some cruel joke that he called her his liege. Since when did she ever rule over him? Since when would he even pretend to serve her? And he had the gall to ask for forgiveness? The man helped to attack her wedding! The man had stood against her, agreeing with the terrorist label that the Eternal Empire had given her! And now he was sorry?! Ha!

Lori balled her right hand into a fist and quickly threw a punch at his jaw, using her upper body to give more power to the punch. No doubt Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun , Arken Dobson Arken Dobson , Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk , Var-Sulis Var-Sulis and the Sluis Van delegation would be shocked at the violent outburst, but she just couldn't help it! He deserved it and a whole lot more! She put on an almost cheerful expression as she patted his back. "Guess I won the bet, afterall. I can't wait to tell Arla and Val Tessalisk Val Tessalisk . They'll be tickled pink to know you're here! Where's Pitt? Still have him? Or did the little droid jump ship to serve someone better?"

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
(OOC: as both Arken and Dorthea)

Arken Dobson Arken Dobson didn’t miss a beat and rushed behind the distracted Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and quickly moved to restrain her in a “valiant” gesture to neutralize Loreena as a “threat”. He quickly attempted to grabbed Loreena’s arms and cranked them behind her back with surprising agility for a man in his seventies. Triumphantly, he announced, Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun you are under arrest for-“

-and without warning, Dorthea slammed her fist into the side of Arken’s head, cold-cocking him to the floor. Dorthea winced in pain and grabbed her injured right hand with her left and groaned, “Lori, you moron. If you could turn your kriffing brain on for just-“

And without warning, Arken Dobson Arken Dobson ’s assistant, Mortimer Mercal’s personal datapad flew out from nowhere and slammed into Dorthea’s head. She, however, did not go down, but went into a blind rage. She rounded on Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk and attempted to tackle him to the ground, clearly having mistaken the original trajectory of the datapad. She began hitting at Cruk, yelling like a savage monster.

Arken stood up, a little disoriented, and ran over to help get Dorthea away from Cruk. In his efforts to get his arms around his daughter, he took a mysterious hit to the side of the head. He wasn’t quite sure where that blow came from as he went back down again…

Last edited:
It didn't seem to take long before things began to devolve into chaos. At first Cruk saw Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun hit someone with Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein . Cruk nearly got excited at the thought of a fight breaking out but had to restrain himself from a cheer or a laugh. She was a mandalorian, he had heard of their tendency towards warfare. Unfortunately, it looked like it was just to send a message.

That, however, didn't dissuade Arken Dobson Arken Dobson from trying to take measures. Which didn't go too well as Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson knocked him upside the head. He watched patiently, avoiding getting involved yet. Oh he most definitely wanted to, but this wasn't real fighting. He'd have to ditch his weapons if he wanted to fight on equal footing, and he just didn't feel like it would help his cause much of he accidentally fractured someones skull.

That was until Dorthea rushed at him, he considered just outright stabbing her with the static pike by instinct but decided against it. ["I would really advise-" He began before she started hitting him, and he raised his arms to block, it didn't exactly hurt, he'd been hit by far worse. But it wasn't acceptable, he swung his right arm in a backhanded movement aimed to hit her in the side. While it was intended to be gentle, he was a geonosian who'd been bred and fought practically his whole life, and still carried with it a great deal of force.

He held his hands back before his droids intervened, deciding that this should probably stop. The vocodor around his neck would translate, but not nearly to the volume he was about to project, his voice amplified by the force,
["ENOUGH! If you want to fight, I can happily help arrange that. But if you plan to fight either fight to kill or maim or stop playing around!"]

His voice returned to normal as the vocodor translated and he moved on, he spoke more quietly in Dortheas direction, understanding that she had mistaken something, but still somewhat disdainful at thoughtless reactions, ["If that were me, you would not have had the ability to hit me."] he gestured vaguely at the static pike and the beam weapon

Equipment:
Beam weapon (on his back)
Personal Energy Shield
Translating Vocoder (Around his neck)
Static Pike

HMS Shi-Cho
Neutral Space
1430 Galactic Standard Time

It had been about 45 seconds since The King ordered the group to move. Now they were in the ramp connecting the ship to the station...a compact area, but only for a moment. The first to enter the tunnel were probably already exiting, where Dr. Veinstein would be waiting to join them before the negotiations. So far everything was going...decently. No assassins, no arguments, and best of all, no fights.

Indeed, there were many in the group that wouldn't get along if he wasn't present. But clearly they knew better than to hold on to childish rivalries while he was among them. At least he held some kind of authority over Arken, even if it was only symbolic and of little use. But it gave Heath hope that Arken would bow down to his requests during the negotiations rather than try and secure more power for himself. Perhaps it was a foolish hope...Arken bowed to no one.

As Heath continued walking behind the group, a sudden stop followed by grunting and yelling ahead signaled that something was wrong. His heart began pounding as he tried to shift past the businessmen to see what was going on. As he drew closer it became evident that there was a fight. Finally he made it to the front where a horrifying sight met his eyes. It was absolute chaos! Red, one of Veinstein's super soldiers, was in a defensive position with a mark on his cheek. Meanwhile Arken was on the ground, and worse of all, Dorthea was pounding on The Geonosian Cruk Tuk!!

Heath sprang into action, immediately moving toward Dorthea. In his way was Arken Dobson, still on the ground like a helpless old man. Heath would have smiled if this wasn't such a disaster. HE did , however, give Arken a swift kick to the ribs. His foot hit something but he didn't look to see if it was Arken as he finally met Dorthea. He reached his right arm out, trying to shove her to his right as the Geonosian retreated behind his droids.

Things weren't completely under control, but it was enough of a break for Heath to shout out,
"ENOUGH!" It was rare for him to show such authority nowadays...he rarely was in a position to do so. But these men and women all worked for him at the end of the day, and The future of The Elysium Empire was on the line. He wouldn't be embarrassed in front of one of the galaxies' biggest shipyard's owners.

"I said enough, damn it! How do any of you expect to accomplish anything in these negotiations if we are late, beaten half to death, and fighting amongst ourselves!? You should all be ashamed! I have half a mind to have you all return to the ship and just buy the damn shipyards myself! Now straighten up and get out now that you've all but destroyed our chances of acquiring these shipyards."

Dr. Veinstein

We Can Put Our Differences Behind Us, For Science
Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk Arken Dobson Arken Dobson Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Var-Sulis Var-Sulis Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson

When Loreena punched Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red right in jaw, he didn't even try to stop her. Honestly, after all he had done to her, he had to let her get at least some retribution. Red didn't even flinch, he just took it. Then, Loreena burst out in a grin, and patted him on the back.

"Guess I won the bet, afterall. I can't wait to tell Arla and Val Tessalisk Val Tessalisk Val Tessalisk Val Tessalisk . They'll be tickled pink to know you're here! Where's Pitt? Still have him? Or did the little droid jump ship to serve someone better?"

Red smiled, and chuckled. "Nice to see you haven't changed one bit, Loreena. Yeah, Pitt's still with me, he's busy working on something at the moment, but he'll probably come over to us soon." Red said.

Then, suddenly, multiple things happened quickly at once.

Firstly, Arken Dobson Arken Dobson grabbed Loreena, and apparently tried to arrest her. Then, Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson smacked him in the head, knocking him to the ground, saying something about how Loreena should use her head more, which Red, quite honestly, agreed that Loreena should use her head more. Loreena was a bit stubborn, but, he had already given up trying to stop her from doing stupid things.

Then, Dobson's assistant threw a datapad at Dorthea, and hit her in the head. Apparently, she thought that the Geonosian Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk had thrown it, and Dorthea started attacking him. Dr. Veinstein and Red, however, merely stood to the side, and watched. Red reached for his blaster pistol, but Dr. Veinstein held up a hand, telling him to hold. There was no need to get involved, they'd probably sort themselves out eventually.

Then, Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun finally had enough.

"I said enough, damn it! How do any of you expect to accomplish anything in these negotiations if we are late, beaten half to death, and fighting amongst ourselves!? You should all be ashamed! I have half a mind to have you all return to the ship and just buy the damn shipyards myself! Now straighten up and get out now that you've all but destroyed our chances of acquiring these shipyards."

Dr. Veinstein chuckled to himself. "Well that truly was an interesting spectacle. I dare say, some of you need some therapy for that nasty temper most of you seem to have." Dr. Veinstein turned to Loreena. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Arenais-Valhoun. I hear your family is an... interesting one. Red has told me much about you."

Then, suddenly, a small pit droid scrambled over to the group. Pitt ran up, and looked around. "What the kriff is happening over here? I heard fighting and like a couple people shouting and-" Then , Pitt looked around at the group, and saw Loreena. "Loreena!" Pitt yelled excitedly. If his droid face could change or show emotion, it would definitely be showing delight. "Hi Loreena! I wasn't told that you would be here! How are you? Where have you been? Where's Arla? Why are you here?" Pitt asked her, firing one question after another.

As expected, Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red didn't hit her back. She knew he'd take the hit, especially among the company that they were with, which is why she patted him on the back as though they were old chums. In some respect they were, though they had been at great odds with one another. Red took that cue and responded accordingly.

But Arken Dobson Arken Dobson didn't. With a speed that she didn't know that he possessed, the old man had grabbed her arms and attempted to.....arrest her? "Hey!--" But before she could continue to protest, Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson jumped into the fray. And after a few choice words upon taking her father out, Lori's advisor attacked Cruk Tuk Cruk Tuk . The delegation had turned into a brawl. In some way, she was almost proud of herself as Kaine sure would be. But on the other hand it was a meeting that had again turned to violence as those attended by Mandalorians seemed to do.

And then came Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun . She saw his kick to Arken and that made her smile. However his words did not. Lori lowered her head a little as she kept back beside Red, her eyes drifting down to Arken as he lay on the floor. After clenching her jaw, she moved to help the old man up in case he couldn't do so on his own.

Pitt soon came into view and that lifted Lori's spirits! She smiled brightly, almost as though the whole brawl didn't even occur. "Hi Pitt! I didn't know that I'd see you either! I'm good, thanks! I've been mostly around old Mando space. Arla's back on the ship. I'm here with the King and others to get some business deals going. Or at least try to....I may have helped to mess that up....But how are you? What are you doing here? What are you working on?" There was more that she could tell him, but she didn't. Now just wasn't the time.

Arken Dobson

Arken Dobson was in a daze of pain as he laid on the floor trying to get his focus back. Thankfully - and rather ironically - something struck his solar plexus and knocked the wind out him and snapped him back into focus. He then heard the voice of the King shout to get everyone’s attention, followed by the protests of Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson , “Some karking bug-eyed Piranha Beatle threw a datapad - “ but she was quickly cut off by the berating of an angry king.

Arken tried to speak, adding his authority to the king’s own. Mostly he just wanted to keep up the image that he was also in charge. But his words came out as a pained moan.

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had stepped to Arken to help him back up which irritated him. He shot her a nasty look and started the process of getting his old hands and feet under him on his own. Eventually he got up in a painful display of old man embarrassment. He dared not look at his daughter. There were not enough words in a protocol droid to explain how angry he was at her.

He straightened his back with a few very loud cracks and kept his face from wincing. There was also a throbbing on his temple from where his daughter had hit him. He tried speaking to the crowd again, “I… agree with…His Majesty… the King.” He took a deep breath to open his lungs back up again, “This Empire must be united before the Sluissi delegation. This is simply an opportunity that we cannot fail. Impulsive attacks by our… Princess…” he tried not to choke on the word as she was clearly a barbarian in a costume, “will lose us the contracts. I propose that I should speak from now on for the corporate side of our empire, as I have been helping to manage our commerce since the beginning. We can’t all be the boss here, as we’ve seen just now. We need a clear hierarchy.” He nodded to the king as if the king would back him up.

Heath would come over, and shouted everyone into attention. He at least held onto his power. He wasn't sure how to take the response, he had not really engaged anyone but in self defense, which seemed usually acceptable, so he couldn't tell if he was one of the people addressed. He eyes Dorthea and her claims again of him throwing a datapad at her. Funnily, the person throwing the first punch and recieving it, had been the least otherwise involved in all this.

Arken Dobson Arken Dobson managed to get up, clearly strained to do so. Well, he did seem elderly. Repeating the need for unity, and not punching someone...for whatever reason it was. He suggested he speak on behalf of everyone, a move that Cruk naturally saw as very convenient for him. Naturally, under such circumstances, Arken would be painted in the best light by himself. However, so could his allies. Cruk did agree there needed to be leadership. And if an argument did break out between all of them, it might not look good. Naturally it would be most advantageous if Cruk did the speaking. But, given the potential deal with Arken, he decided this was the better alternative.

Cruk spoke up, grabbing his static pike where he dropped it so he wouldn't just stab Dorthea when she'd come at him. "This plan has merit. Conflict in a greater whole can cause issues with anyone joining, especially if it turns out they already have some themselves. Some deal is better than no deal. I am not saying we should stay absolutely silent, but a head would likely be better as the primary speaker than for every business to do their own talking."

What he said was true, naturally, to him. It was why of course all of the geonosian Aristocrats didn't go everywhere to make every deal. There had to be leadership, or things could devolve into arguments, and outside sources could be left unavailable to them.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

HMS Shi-Cho
Neutral Space
1433 Galactic Standard Time

Heath took a moment to think on what to do next as the group reorganized. He was still on edge and incredibly pissed off when Arken Dobson decided to get up and take over. Maybe it was the anger in Heath from what had transpired, or maybe it was the feeling of authority from his small rant, but something caused The King to do something foolish. When Arken stood up and gave his little lecture, claiming that it was indeed he who should take over the negotiations, Heath barked out an order. " Var-Sulis Var-Sulis , Arrest him. Take him back on board The Shi Cho."

This would cause issues, but The mad King was oblivious to the complexity behind it. He didn't care that Arken would easily escape captivity with a handful of bribes, if he was even taken to begin with. Nor did it matter at this moment to Heath that Arken would retaliate, securing more power in The Empire one way or another. Finally he cared little about the rumors and propaganda that would be spread of how he made Arken a scapegoat, imprisoning him for a brawl that he may not have started. Indeed, all that was on his mind was the failure that was soaring toward him regarding the upcoming negotiations. The scene the group had created was enough to ruin the Empire's reputation and hopes for success in not just these negotiations, but any diplomacy, and now Arken thought he would take over the negotiations? He was wrong. Time would tell if the actions The King had made would become mistakes, or remain in the category of "What If", but the immediate result would hopefully be enough to proceed with the negotiations successfully, and free of Arken's corrupt hand....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom