Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Dr. Andreus Veinstein

Dr. Veinstein

We Can Put Our Differences Behind Us, For Science
Dr. Andreus Veinstein

Official-Scrutinized-Trailer-0-12-screenshot-1024x576.jpg

NAME: Dr. Andreus Veinstein

FACTION: The Elysium Empire

Doctor, CEO and Owner of Veinstein Laboratories and Innovations, Scientist, Health Advisor/Council Member for the Elysium Empire

SPECIES: Human

SEX: Male

HEIGHT:
5' 9"

WEIGHT: 147 pounds

EYES: Bluish Green

HAIR: Black

SKIN: Caucasian

FORCE SENSITIVE: No

STRENGTHS:

+Unethical Genius: Andreus is what most, if not all, might consider as a "mad scientist". He is a genius, sure, but he has a distinct trait to where he will do anything to find out the answers to something. He will do anything for science, even if that means conducting not-so-legal experiments through probably not legal ways on sentient beings. There are also rumors that he is a sadist, apparently taking great joy in the pain of others. But those rumors cannot be proved, and so are inconclusive. Whatever he may be, he definitely is mad.

+Looks Can Be Deceiving: Despite looking fairly harmless, Andreus is actually a cold, ruthless person, and isn't against killing someone, or abducting them for his science experiments. He is also able to be quiet friendly and charismatic, to manipulate and to further "science". Anyone who works close with him or is actually close to him, or just someone who knows his nature, knows better than to volunteer for his "science experiments".

+The Quiet Killer: Andreus is extremely quiet, and can sneak around basically anywhere. He is also very adapt at finding hiding spots, too, if someone searches for him. These two traits make it to where if someone knows that he is hunting them, they can rarely ever sleep at night, and must be constantly paranoid of if he's there, as if they forget to be on guard for even a minute, He will sneak up behind them, and most likely inject them with a syringe filled with some kind of chemical. He will use other methods to kill, but his favorite is either injecting them with an experimental drug, or to sedate them to experiment on them later. Andreus himself is quick, agile, and strong, in addition to being quiet and stealthy, which makes him a great killer/assassin, if he chooses to do that.

WEAKNESSES :

-Psychopath: Andreus is known for being deceptively cunning in his complete disregard for other people. He considers many to be expendable, and doesn't really think that most other people matter. His only concern is science, which he has an addiction for. He doesn't really have anyone that's close to him, as anyone who finds out about his true nature often doesn't stay near him for long. He is deceptively friendly and charismatic, seeming completely normal and cheery, but that's sometimes just a facade.

-Obsessed: The Doctor is often times called "obsessive". This is pretty accurate. He is obsessed with science, and experimentation, especially genetic alterration/modification, which is one of his best fields. He can work in plenty of other fields, sure, and work them well, but his best field of work is genetic work (More on that later). He can also be obsessed with a person, if someone piques his interest, or even gains his respect, he might become obsessed with that one person, as he rarely ever meets people who either impress him and gain his respect, or somehow gain his interest.

APPEARANCE:
Andreus is a young man with a surprisingly, and eerie, cheery attitude. He has neatly cut brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He always, and I mean always, wears some form of labcoat and dress shirt, which both are always white, black pants, and a red tie. He does change apparel, but they always remain the same basic qualities: White shirt, white overcoat, black pants, and a red tie. He usually wears dress shoes, which is surprisingly considering the fact that he is still stealthy in his business attire.

BIOGRAPHY:

Andreus grew up in a family dedicated to science on the planet of Naboo. His father, Jack Veinstein, ran a company by the name of Veinstein Laboratories and Innovations. The company was often hired for medical research into diseases and genetics, as they were best known for their work in that field. They were also hired for other miscellaneous stuff, like machines, ships, weapons, droids, and other tech, but they were best known for their work into genetics. Being born into a family so immersed into science, Andreus was sent to a prestigious school for the sciences. There, Andreus learned of his skill in multiple levels of science, chemistry, physics, neurology, but he really excelled in biology, where he was adapt at DNA and genetic sequencing. He soon found his passion in the field of science. Along with going to school, his father was also privately tutoring him, preparing him for what was inevitable. He even spent some time with the cloners of Kamino, to better study the genetic field.

He was 19 when his father died of cancer, and he suddenly found himself in possession of the company. Having such pressure and stress pressed onto him at such a young age took its toll on his mind. However, the company thrived under Andreus' supervision, and the company expanded greatly. A couple of months in, Andreus was informed of a secret project his father had been leading out in the Unknown Regions on a recently discovered planet. So, Andreus went out, with his board of advisors, to see what this secret project was.

When he arrived on planet, he was amazed to find a large and self-sufficient project going on. All over the planet, there were genetic laboratories in the different environments, creating genetically advanced supersoldiers. He visited the labs, inspecting them and the supersoldiers. One of the first subjects that he had met, was one by the designation Subject 73, who was codenamed Red. Red was only 17 at the time, only two years younger than Andreus. Andreus was amazed to see just how much his father had put into this project. He had no idea how the experiments were made, what previous research he did and used to create them, and all the other factors. Later, he would learn of a similar program from a while back, run by Arimanes Bosch ( Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok ), that was similar to his father's work, but Arimanes' work came before. It is unknown if Andreus' father truly used pieces of Arimanes' work, or if he even had a hand in that work, because his father took that secret to the grave. He learned that each of the Subjects were different in a way, each created differently and under different circumstances and with different genetics, as they were experiments, so they were all made under different circumstances and with differing genetics to create different results. Subject 73 Red was a live-birth specimen, the scientists having altered his genetics while he was an embryo in the womb. Another Subject he met, Subject 82, codenamed Snow, had been only a few months when she was brought in for experimentation. Abandoned at birth, his father had agreed to adopt her legally in order to be able to experiment, which made this Subject technically his little sister. The others that were alive before his father and the company brought them in for experimentation were not acquired through this method, and instead were taken from orphanages when they were very little.

Andreus fell in love with the project, and decided to revitalize the project. He made sure that everything would be in top-shape, and that the research and experimentation would continue. He personally oversaw the creation of the first Subject made from scratch, Subject 684, codenamed Slipknot. But something went wrong during the experiment, and the Subject came out a bit... strange, yet extraordinarily powerful. Andreus decided to delve deeper into that hole, though, to figure out what happened, and how to adjust.

More experiments were made, and the labs seemed to be working good, when disaster struck. A large gang of pirates and gangsters discovered the planet, and decided to raid the labs. Of course, they weren't expecting to meet hundreds of supersoldiers with abilities far beyond the normal person's. The pirates were stubborn, though, and decided to see if they could try and defeat the Subjects.

They were wrong.

In all, only 465 experiments out of 1,893 died or were injured and unable to fight. Andreus was on the planet of Fondor when he received word of the attacks. Then, when he was quickly returning to Naboo, he received another message: the Subjects had declared their planet as their own, and declared their independence. Instead of shutting this down, however, Andreus and the Board decided to allow this to happen, and even sent supplies, materials, and technology to get started, and promised the Subjects that if they needed anything, to contact them. The reason why they decided to do this was to see how the Subjects would react to being quasi-independent, and to creating an entirely new civilization in the galaxy. Their only request was to build a laboratory where they could monitor the progress of the experiments, to study the DNA of them and the children that were being born from the Subjects, and to create new experiments, despite that being unnecessary as the genetics were based on through the Subjects that became parents. Andreus still wanted to experiment with the creation of the experiments, so that's why he choose to keep up occasional experiment creation. The new government agreed, and a large lab complex was made in the mountain ranges, built into the mountains.

The company still continues to thrive today, taking requests from various organizations for whatever they wish. The company does sometimes use immoral, unethical, and maybe even illegal techniques and practices, especially Andreus, kidnapping people to experiment on them and killing people. Some people don't appreciate this, and plenty want to crack down on the company. However, having so much money allows for good lawyers.

One day, a man by the name of Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun stumbled upon the planet, discovering both the civilization and the laboratory. Andreus was actually on planet when he arrived, working in the labs. Andreus met the man, and they had a chat. Apparently, this man was bringing together an Empire, and he was gathering support in the Unknown Regions. Andreus convinced the Board of the company that assisting this man could be beneficial, and they agreed. Andreus promised Valhoun financial, medical, and scientific support along with machines built in their factories, technology, weapons and armor they made, and ships they produced. As a result, Andreus was put onto their council as a Health Advisor. As a bonus, Andreus also agreed to begin production of specialized supersoldiers for The Elysium Empire, along with genetic augmentations and enhancements to any troops who volunteer, or to any that commit crimes such as treason. Mainly, Heath wants ship and weapon designs, which Andreus and his company furiously work on, but his scientists in the labs are working to create a supersoldier fit for the Elysium Empire, and Andreus would never give up the opportunity to create things like bioweapons, genetically augmented soldiers, and accidentally morph soldiers into horrendous, blood-thirsty monsters, as all science is experimentation, and you must fail before you can succeed.

SHIP:

KILLS:

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:

ROLE-PLAYS:

Last edited:
Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

I love it!

Two things I recommend, since you're in the faction:

One, is to link the faction in the faction segment. (Here is the link, just copy/paste it: Elysium Empire )

The second thing is maybe mention how you joined the Elysium Empire. We can do that in a thread if you want, otherwise, add it to the Bio...maybe the 7 years Heath took in the unknown to raise support led him to your facility, and you offered to use the facility to help The Empire? I can even write it in the story of The Elysium Empire that you helped co-found the faction with financial and medical support.

Dr. Veinstein

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun

Alright, I'll make the edits as soon as I can. Might take me a while though, I'm busy with some stuff at the moment. Around 4:00, 5:00 Central Time I will update it, then I'll tag you to let you know that they have been made.

I'll add in the part with the Elysium Empire into my bio, your idea where Heath discovered the facility, and Andreus offered to use his facilities and his company (I'll let you know when I have the company up, too) to help with the Empire with his financial, medical, and scientific support to help co-found the Empire sounds good.

He's also going to be working on weapons and other scientific stuff for the Elysium Empire, right? Like that thing you said with the bioweapons, but his company doesn't just produce bioweapons, even more traditional weapons like blasters, guns, and missiles and ships.

Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Awesome!

Now it's pretty much up to you as to what you do. We'll do faction stuff once we have 5-ish members (Including a rebellion if everyone is willing)

If you want me to do any threads with you, just ask, and if you have any ideas for the faction, please do tell. Anything helps.

Thanks again, bud!

Dr. Veinstein

Alright! I'll get to work thinking up ideas for the faction. We should probably have a thread between the three of us, as sort of a first meeting of the current highest members of the Empire, including the new Captain, as sort of a way to start out.

If you want anything made in Factory or Codex specifically, just send me a PM! And we can work something out!

Dr. Veinstein

Well, that's easy! Heath and Andreus have a backstory together, and they've already been in contact with each other. Plus, Andreus is a member of the Council, and co-founder. As currently the only army officer in our military, of course Andreus and Heath would want to speak and meet with him about the state of the military and other miscellaneous things.

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
As a fellow medical practitioner, I stand against everything you are, you AMORAL MONSTER!

That aside, this is very well done. Congrats on being the first OC I've checked out since returning, as well. <3

Dr. Veinstein

Is it really even medicine if it isn't slightly dangerous and illegal? And who can say what is right or wrong? It's all a matter of perspective. A young medic such as yourself could never understand the iniquities of the complex world of medical development.

Thank you! This is actually the best I've ever done on a character creation. So thanks! If you ever wish to, ahem, get abducted and experimented on as Dr. Veinstein rarely gets to experiment on Bothans discuss science with this character, or get into trouble with one of my other characters, looking at your character sheet, probably Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot , hit me up! I could always use more threads! Plus, it could help you get back into the swing of things. ;)

Give me a bit... Also, how do you feel about having your character in a non-violent setting? Is it possible for him to NOT resort to kidnapping? Here's a link to an RP of mine that never got any attention back in the day - the domestic side of Star Wars is frowned upon, apparently. I was rather proud of that post, too. Even if you don't reply to this one in particular, a similar setting of discussing medical ethics over a drink is always an underrated option, in my book.

Also, regarding the 'kidnapping' aspect of your weirdo nutjob of a quack, what sorts of things should I expect beyond needles and weird hallucinogens that'll make me piss myself while trying to talk to the sun?

Dr. Veinstein

Nerd Wizard Nerd Wizard

Sure! There are plenty of instances where he won't go to kidnapping, although it will be very reluctantly. It is a good post. Alright! I'll get to work reading it. It might take me a while to get a reply up, I'm a bit busy at the moment, and it is getting late where I am. I'll try and get in a post before I go to sleep, though if I don't I will get it up tomorrow.

Also, you should expect a "Portal" type environment once your character wakes up. Testing, experimenting, and a ton of experimental technologies.

Very interesting! Also, you don't have to respond to my post if you don't want to, I just wanted to share a sample of my work with you to see if you're interested. If you feel so inclined, make a setting of your own for me to frequent... But, the choice is yours, in the end. It was nice to meet you, as well. Sleep well and I hope we can get to know one another more. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom