Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Liberty Concord [[Non-members can join through PM]]

"Of course it's genuine son. I only want equality and freedom among my people. Mercenary work is an option, not the agenda. We just have to make an income to finish repairs on the flotilla." He paused, glancing back at HK. If what the Knight said was true, then not everyone was getting the full story. He paused as @[member="Noah Corek"]'s voice sparked through the bridge's comms. "Tell you what, Rafe. You get on the primary comms and inform our weapo toting guests to redirect toward Commander Jusik's frigates, and tell Commander Jusik to expect them?" Calico patted the lad's shoulder, and turned back to HK.

News travels damn fast.

I can't speak for the entirety of the Concord HK. We all have different reasons for being here, and I only lead when we need a leader. This is one of those times though, so I can give you the rundown on why those from the Confederacy are here." Calico made sure nothing was amiss amongst the small fleet, and removed his helmet. He had a slight smile, and his beard was beginning to grow back. "That's one of the reasons, yes. I promise the Republic assistance, and those above me made me sit back and watch. I still don't know what's transpiring on Coruscant."

Calico clipped the helmet to his belt, and folded his arms behind his back. "I do know that religious Zealots are heading the majority of the Jedi Council now. I know the Deathwatch Empire--the Mandalorians are out for blood for the sake of blood." It was clear from the way he spoke, that Calico was either very passionate, or very good at putting up an act. "We wanted freedom from the force using cults. From lies, deceit, and tyranny. We're the people, truly lead by the people."

He canted his head to the right. "So if you're asking whether we support the Republic, no. We're neutral. The former Grandmaster is staying with us until the galaxy cools down a bit however. We hold no ill will toward anyone--well, not as a government, anyway. Personally, I dislike my dishonorable brethren. Dar'manda, all of 'em."

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Rafe Barune"] @[member="Dieter Jusik"]

Rafe moved to his indicated post and began to coordinate the shipment of weapons while half listening to what was being said. His task complete and all ships moving to their assigned cargo drop points He turned in the seat listening to Calico talk. 'The man believes in his cause at least, better than anything I've heard in a while. He's standing with everyone as an equal not as their masaiah.' He balked a little at the mention of religious zealots and force using cults and cast a sidelong glance at Krest. The man wore the weapon of those cults prominently and Rafe had heard about how deadly they could be in trained hands.
@[member="Krest"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Rafe Barune"] @[member="Krest"]

HK nodded softly as Calico spoke but tilted his head slightly as he referred to the Mandalorians as "Deathwatch Empire"
"As a veteran of wars with Deathwatch, I must implore you to not refer towards the current Mandalorian government as such, as clever as it may be. Many of my friends are Mandalorians, many of them were the Mandalores, and I have seen the evils of the Deathwatch first hand. I was there during the Siege of Keldabe when the Deathwatch dropped a nuclear bomb on their own homeland. I was among those who gathered the survivors out of the ashes of fallout and brought them to safety, I mourned those who did not made it out of that Chaos among with others. I saw what the Deathwatch did to Mustafar, the planet they claimed as their lair, and I came back there with Protectorate to ease the suffering of the natives and heal their wounds."
HK watched Calico simply as he drawled on in his electronic monotone, it may have been difficult to show passion for the droid through his voice, he had to make up for it with his diction then.
"And I was there when the Deathwatch set fire to Endor and hunted the native Ewoks, burning the forests and skinning those that did not perish in the blaze for their pelts, selling them to Circe so that she, in her sickness, may turn them into plush toys and sell them throughout Galaxy. Women, men, children, they did not cared. They killed as many as they could before we intercepted distress signal from makeshift fleet Endor had at the time and arrived with reinforcements. I swore then, in front of the blazing forests of Endor, that I would hunt the Deathwatch down and bring them to justice."
He would look around the room as he continued on, glancing to others,
"I have found their leader, RC 212, on Abregado, during a terrorist strike he planned. I interrupted their schemes and slain all of his troopers with help of Sarge. When the Deadwatch Dreadpirate attempted to escape I shot him down, and when he crawled from the wreckage of his shuttle, I grabbed his head, and I broke off his mask with my bare hand. I took my pistol then and I blew off his kneecaps and wrists before I dragged him in front of court of justice on Fondor where delegations of Mandalorians and Ewoks awaited to judge him for his and Deathwatch's actions."
Finishing his story of entanglements with the Deathwatch, he looked over to Calico,
"In memory of all of those who have fallen from Deathwatch's hand, or fighting them, from Protectorate, Endor, or Mandalorian armies, I implore you, do not call the current Mandalorian government the Deathwatch Empire, for I have seen the evil that comes with that name, and if the current Mandalorian Clans will swoop to such level of wickedness, I will be the first to rally ranks of Protectors against them."

HK nodded slightly to highlight the point before the continued on,
"Either way, the Mandalorians crossed into Republic territory because the Republic broke their treaty first and attempted to conquer a planet in remnants of Sith space that were supposed to go to Mandalorians after the collapse of the Empire."
The droid slightly rose his hand
"But, I do not fully stand on Mandalorian side, they have jumped into conflict too soon. After all, their culture thrives on war. I do not plan to send any soldiers in aiding any of their sides, and I would love to help in mediating that conflict into peaceful resolution."
He shrugged slightly,
"But we will see where it will go."

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Galaar was leaning against the entry-way to the bridge of Calico's command ship as the HK droid gave his speech. He was still clad in his old Katarn Rig, a Mythosaur skull still decaled across the chest, with a hawk on the left shoulder, and a fox on the right. Calico would likely instantly notice the CIS colors were stripped as well as the dapple camo. The gear was freshly polished, the old battle scars buffed away for all intents and purposes it looked brand new with a flashy turquoise detail.

"Har'chaak clanker. You know nothing of the Mando'ade culture, eh? The Mandalorians you call Mandalorians are indeed Deathwatch, a militant sect based around an internalized government to nationalize a Mandalorian Empire. Those were Death Watch's premises and that's what they've become."

He suanteered forward, a grey strill at his side wandering to Calico and drooling rather happily to see the other clone. "Mando'ade do not thrive on war, we're warriors of necessity and survival not carnage and government. We forsook our conquering ways and after the Mandalorian Wars because our forefathers saw what greed and land caused. It made it easier for the auretiise and dar'manda to find and uproot us. To strangle the life from us." Galaar was un-helmeted, his scarred face quite actively displaying his emotions. "Thats why we became nomads, to save our people. But now, these new Mandalorians, they take land and build armies to conquer. They spit on the graves of our ancestors, our vod! So before you, di'kut, bring up what Deathwatch is or isn't. Do your research chakaar." Galaar gritted his teeth and looked up at HK.

Suddenly however, the tension vanished as if it never happened and goofy grin crossed his features as he extended a hand. "Galaar Tal'Verda, Ca'ika's second in command. I'm responsible for our defenses for the most part it seems. The big Ardent class is mine."

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Rafe Barune"]

"Galaar is very passionate."

Calico gave a slight nod toward Galaar. It was good to see his brother on his feet. Even better to see him in shape to possibly offend people. It meant his mind was coming back together, destructive as it was. "Though, HK, I highly doubt we're here to discuss cultural ideals."

Calico folded his arms behind his back, and smiled at the Knight. "What exactly are you curious about, HK?"

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Rafe Barune"] @[member="Krest"]
He would shake Galaar's hand
"Charmed, I am sure, and my research is in experience and past. I have been forged before the Mandalorian Wars to serve as an assassin for the Hutts. It was the Mandalorians that freed me and I entered service among Mandalorian Crusaders under Mand'alor the Ultimate. In fact, you resemble old Cassus in some ways."
The droid watched over the clone with his emotionless faceplate,
"While the Mandalorians of this day are not the same as those from when I was still young, nor are they quite the same as the Mandalorians from the cultural shift later on when the Deathwatch first entered the Galactic Theater, I stand by my words, they are not the Deathwatch."

He would look to Calico
"They do not plot with the Sith, glass the homes of their kin, or skin their prisoners."

-EDIT TO ADD RESPONSE TO CALICO-
The droid folded his arms in front of himself in turn,
"My goal was to keep you waiting and away from conflict between the Republic and Mandalorians, last thing that needed was another faction ready for combat when there is still chance to end it peacefully. But seems you are staying neutral either way."
He would unfold his arms to clasp his hands together then,
"So, I can offer sanctuary for your ships around Abregado system, should they run into trouble around there, and training to your soldiers. I excel in close quarters combat, especially that with the use of melee weaponry and lightsabers."

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Jusik tapped his ear com and patched it through to his apparently gun toting soon to be guests.

"I'd ask you to please dock at these coordinates and prepare the merchandise for inspection and drop off. The credits will be provided the moment the the inspection is complete. Welcome to our home, the Corp looks forward to receiving you ladies and gents."

As he spoke his fingers dashed across a holo pad to give his guests the proper docking location. He turned to one of his platoon leaders on the bridge.

"When they get on watch them. Set a few marksmen up. I'm not expecting trouble but we're wanted now gents, anything can happen."

The OST Lt nodded and replied with an "Aye, Aye Sir." Before turning heel to prepare.

Jusik brushed off his uniform, adjusted his pistol and belt before strolling into the elevator leading to the hangar. Time to meet their new found dealers of death.

"We have no interest in their war. It's death for the sake of death. They could've easily talked over it, not to mention the Republic doing it to halt the Sith. Not that it makes it right, but you'd think it'd give them even ground to talk over."

Calico gave a firm nod. He meant what he spoke. There was no point in his people getting into the war, none at all.

"I appreciate the offer HK. You're a good friend, and a good ally. One of your Protectorate boys is providing us with arms as well, so I think our friendship with the Protectorate as a whole is relatively well off."

He paused, lips pursed in silent thought for a moment. "And...if you want help trying to mediate between the two factions, I volunteer my assistance. Preventing a war benefits everyone, and if I can help talk them down in any way, let me know."

@[member="HK-36"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Dieter Jusik"]
Noah sighed as the docking clamp closed around the Solomon's docking tube as he and five Pyre soldiers stood there,all of them decked out with Omega Advanced Combat Armor Mk I,with OPR-2 Blaster Rifles attached to the magnetic plates on there backs and OPP-2 Blaster Pistols attached to the magnetic plates on their thighs. All of them except Noah pulled their helmets on as the airlock hissed and pressurized,as soon as the process was done,the door was opened and Noah walked through,with the Pyre soldiers following behind. Once inside the Pyre soldiers activated their MFTAS systems that were in each of the helmets,and then used them to scan for threats. "Sir,we have sharpshooters on the railings." A young Private said to his left. "Yeah I noticed them before you did." Noah informed a small smirk and waited for the repersenative to show up.

Currently Keziah was organizing the new recruits and ensuring that everything in that respect was organized. She hoped as he had said they would find a planet that they would be able to call home. If truth be told the young woman didn't really have a home. She jumped around a lot as of late. Her home planet hadn't really been like a home to her, more like a prison which she couldn't excape. She had always wanted to travel the galaxy so this was her chance to do just that. Travel until they found a home which suited them.

The young woman's head tilted upwards as she heard an unfamiliar voice on the bridge. Keziah had heard much from @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] about @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] but had never met him until now. Even though she didn't directly know him it was good to see that he was alright or well at least he looked alright. She had nothing else to go on actually but that was besides the point.

Picking up a few bags she began to move them. She was at the moment unsure what role she played on Concord as she wasn't a warrior princes or anything. Well not yet but she was sure with a little training that she could be one and fight equally along side those that were here. She wanted to do her part to help out.

As the young woman came back for another load of stuff it hit her. Keziah had always had a knack for cleaning up wounds. When her father would beat her brothers and her she would get out her little first aid kit to try and clean them up. It hadn't been the best work but she had been about five at the time. Through the years she had gotten better and now that she was aware of the Force she could use it to heal.

Her glance turned to @[member="Krest"] for a moment wondering if he had any information on healing but doubted it. He was more of the warrior type so she figured if he did know anything it would be just the basics. With hands full of stuff she wandered over to ask as it never hurt to ask."Hey, do you know anything about Force Healing?"

Krest shook his head, looking to @[member="Keziah Denko"]. As she suspected, the Zabrak knew nothing of healing. It was something he wanted to learn himself, but.. He doubted he'd find the chance to any time soon. Though, he did not carry a saber, but a blade. A sword he named Deus. It gave off a Force signature, but it matched the Zabrak's.

"No, I can't heal. Not yet at least."

The Confederacy turned into a lie. The entire belief to fight for their "goals" had turned into nothing of value; not even the killing meant anything justified or personal. Blood was blood, casualties were just numbers. Zius sat inside the ship's armoury, helmet in his lap as he thought to himself how one could be so naive and gullible to the words of those with a facade to cover up a passion for power and domination? Time after time, a hand must always reach out to cease a metaphorical blade to cut through the galaxy for selfish causes. Quite a damnable offense to commit against the ones who do the dirty work.

He closed his eye and slid the helmet back onto his head, rising from the bench and making his way towards the bridge. The fight for something worthwhile and good had been ignited with a flame of morale and valor. Freedom... was at last the common-ground. If anything was to happen and the fingers of oppression were to be dabbed into the waters of their glory, then death shall be dealt accordingly. Submission to the will of the hungry was no longer a priority.

Upon arrival, Zius gave Calico a nod, looking to the droid and then Rafe with hands held behind his back. The durasteel armour clanked as he stepped forward, stopping at the side of the Chieftain.

"Hm... I've seen the droid before, but who is this?"

His gaze shifted to Rafe; young, a padawan of sorts possibly. Training seemed like a must for any recruits, especially any able fighters. This military was to be a wrecking ball of discipline and hardship to mold the fiercest of combatants to stand strong and without emotion in the face of war.

@Calico Tal'Verda @Rafe Barune @Krest @Alliera Verd @Keziah Denko @[member="HK-36"]

A loud boom echoed in the empty hallways of a XS Light Frieghter, as it jumped out of warpspeed. It slowly pulled into the docking bay of the large ship, as Listeri opened the doors and the unloading bay. He jogged out of his ship, and walked over to the nearest dock worker. "Hey, got a shipment of munitions, help me unload it?" He said to the blue Zabrak. "Sure thing. Where from?" The man asked. "I dunno'. Some backwater in I think Mandalorian space." Listeri replied, grunting as he lifted a box and carried it over to a small lift. After a while, they managed to get all the supplies off the ship. "Thanks, man." He said, as the Zabrak nodded in response. Listeri closed the loading doors, as he entered himself in an elevator. He pressed the button labeled 3, as the doors shut. He jumped right as it started moving up, just so he could be lifted for a second. He walked through the now opening doors with a grin, as he walked through the empty hallways.

Bluejay didn't like leaving the CIS behind. It had been her chosen government since its foundation, but the slow erosion of its ideals - which were still in fact, to some extent - had been more than Calico or Galaar had been able to endure, it seemed. And Bluejay was loyal to people, not ideals. So when the two old clones had left the Confederacy, Bluejay had followed, leaving her old armor behind - finally. Now, she entered the bridge a few moments after Galaar - just in time to hear his speech.

"You people." Bluejay muttered, helmet tucked under her arm. "I can't leave you alone for five seconds, can I?" She complained, a faint grin flickering across her face. Granted, she was talking about more than their immediate situation. "Alue, Galaar, Calico, Krest, Zius." The - former? - Dread Sister greeted those whom she recognized. The others, the ones she didn't know, she scanned quickly, giving them a nod if they made eye contact, as she looked for signs of hostility. She found none.

@Calico Tal'Verda @Rafe Barune @Krest @Alliera Verd @Keziah Denko @HK-36 @[member="Listeri Dalane"]

Listeri, unaware, hummed a hold folk tune as he walked into the room. "Uh...Heh-heh!" He said nervously as he crammed himself into a seat. As the girl nodded, he gave quick raise of his index and middle finger, a sign of saying hello from the village he grew up in. He drummed his fingers on the table to the tune he was humming earlier as he began listening to Calico.

"Who do you mean, you people?" Calico huffed a bit of a laugh. He regarded Bluejay with a quick nod--everyone had arrived, thankfully. The weapons were being offloaded, and HK was certainly being helpful. Peace was a wonderful luxury normally afforded to those with the most in their bank account. The Concord would buy it with cooperation and brotherhood.

"Alright, lads, lassies, our arms are in. This is good." He turned to face the little gathering. "Alright, so, a team needs to survey the world below us. Another needs to work on expanding our fleet, and the rest of us need to work on our self-sufficiency." He paused, returning the odd little gesture toward @[member="Listeri Dalane"]. "The galactic powers that be will likely leave us alone. HK here has provided us friendship, and I see no reason for us not to take it."

Calico gestured toward HK, arm sweeping outward as if he were revealing some amazing invention to the world. He actually was, in a way. "We are not for war. We are for peace, and true democracy. However, we must prepare. The Confederacy will undoubtedly send people to retrieve us and pirates roam the hyperlanes. It's for these reasons that we've purchased arms, built new armor- He thudded a fist to his chestplate. -and drawn lines. Now, we have to expand our flotilla. Who volunteers?"

Listeri grinned as Calico returned the gesture. This was one of the reasons he joined, just to know nice and overall good people, something you don't find in the galaxy a lot. His smile faded as he listened to the speech, nodding every once in a while in response. He was still drumming his fingers.
"We are not for war. We are for peace, and true democracy. However, we must prepare. The Confederacy will undoubtedly send people to retrieve us and pirates roam the hyperlanes. It's for these reasons that we've purchased arms, built new armor- He thudded a fist to his chestplate. -and drawn lines. Now, we have to expand our flotilla. Who volunteers?"
Listeri's hand shot up, as his jaw sprang open. " I volunteer. I have a ship, have allies across the galaxy and have a few favors I can use with the-Seedy - of the galaxy."

So enthusiastic.

Calico centered his attention directly on the man. "Sounds good ad'ika. Visit the armory on the way out. We'll kit you up with armor and weapons." Calico gave the paused to appraise the young man. "Your name, son?"

@[member="Listeri Dalane"]

"Listeri. Pleased to meet ya'." He replied, as he got out of his seat. He looked around the room for a couple of seconds, just figuring out who was who. " Thanks for the armor and weapons, but, uh, where do you get the drinks around here? I want to hit the bar before my way out." He questioned, as he glanced towards the hallway. Dang, am I thirsty. He thought, as he awaited a response.

"Former officer's lounge son." He motioned down toward the main room leaving the bridge. Calico forced another handshake unto HK, the bastard that he was, and turned to go. "I need to make a housecall. Anyone here can help you with whatever you need, and you're welcome to stay as long as you like."

With that, Calico gave a two finger salute to all present, and made off for his quarters.

@[member="Listeri Dalane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom