Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legacy of an Emperor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Like you still aren't forgetting about work. Deception can handle the fight so you don't have to worry Arcanix. As for how it really sounded... Divine in its imperfection. It wasn't the most perfect thing but it was still beautiful as it held heart to it and that made it all the more enjoyable to listen to. IF you understand what i mean Taeli." His hands reached over with the force and lifted away her datapad. "Now stop working and go do something to relax. I have a small selection of books sitting around somewhere and the holonet. Just don't look at questionable material. Who knows what the harlots of the Sith like Praelior did to you." He smiled, the tone and expression clearly showing every word of the last part was a joke.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I was actually quite immune to Balaya's attempts to . . . oh what's a good term for it . . . corrupt me into that sort of wantonness she likes to partake of," Taeli replied, her eyes twinkling a little. "Sorry if I can't stop at least thinking about work, a Lorrdian never likes to stop their research or designs. In a way it relaxes us as well, but then I'm by blood a Corellian. I always need something to do with my hands, but thank the Force I didn't development the penchant for crashing ships my sister seems to have. And I'm rambling, sorry again."

To stop herself from rambling further, she started up another song, this one more fast paced and required jumps of different pitches and chords to be effectively played. It would invoke the idea of an epic saber fight, clashing and flowing fast.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

He laughed as she said that, but before she started to play it again he spoke with words that were purposefully mean to throw her off. "I dont know, i think its cute when people start rambling, and your looks certainly help Taeli." He leaned back and continued to grin at her before closing his eyes and listening to the music. Meanwhile the ship would continue to move through space, half way to the first stop and its movements silent while deception began to ready the clearance and to allow them transit through that system's air control.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Watch yourself," she warned, finishing the song and going through the repertoire in her head for another. "You're getting dangerous close to full on flirting with someone you thought was an enemy."

Using the Force in a way she never thought to before, she started to play one of her favorite songs but she would bend the air around the violin to deepened the pitch so it sounded liked a cello for now. The song was about rain falling upon an empty castle, the people within having fought and died in a great battle.

"How much longer do you think?" she asked, humming along to the song she was playing since she also knew words that went to it.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"And who said that was not my intention? I speak about what i see and you are pretty Arcanix, so don't think i would lie about such a thing. Ok?" He gave her a quick smile before looking over at the console and pulling up several screens before running over them. "We should be reaching Yaga Minor soon, it was a bit of a push on the engines so i want to put this girl in one of the shipyards for repairs and maintenance while we take a look at the older, rundown factories. I hope you are used to Vac suits because if my suspicion is right, there wont be much air to breath."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Solan, I actually go through and help my workers with building my shipyards from time to time, a vac suit is not a problem," Taeli replied. "But I thank you for the compliment, does wonders for a girl's ego when she is called pretty and she doesn't even try."

The last was said with a small wink and then she tapped her chin in thought with the bow of the violin.

"You pushed the engines to make it here so quickly . . . hmmm . . . must jot that down," she said, her datapad appearing as she made a few notes. "Need to develop new engine systems. Anywho, I think we shouldn't run into too many problems, well unless there are pirates or rogue Imperial elements out here. The Remnant, from what I gathered, is currently in chaos and is a shadow of its former self since that event with Akala."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Many places are like that because of akala... its sad.... i was there when she died again and when she tore apart the world. And i know why she did it too... something you are familiar with and that is the loss of your love ones Taeli. Make sure you hold onto those you care about, sacrifice everything to protect them even if it means your humanity... because if you do Taeli. You will have made your life something worth it. No matter how much of a monster you are." He grinned and leaned back in his chair as he began to count down from three hundred, his form of a countdown till they were there. The words would be soft and short, quick and quiet, not meant to be important to anyone and simply to pass the time.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I've already done so in the past," she said quietly, closing her datapad. "My sisters and friends are what are most important to me, well that and knowledge, but I would give and do anything to make sure they are happy and whole. One reason why I've changed so much in my Force presence. So many things change when you focus on those you love and care for."

She and Solan were a lot alike in that, not surprising given what he had told her of his path.

"But sacrificing humanity means you will lose what makes you the person the others care for," she continued. "You become something worse and that is one reason my adopted parents rejected me. The stereotype of Sith made them think I was a monster and had forsaken my humanity. Being human is what separates us from those that commit the evils that plague our galaxy."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"I never said you had to keep them loving you... you must do anything to protect those that -you- love... if you lose their love in teh process it doesn't matter so long as they are safe." He curled his hands tighter, his eyes squeezing shut and his aura shifting as his stared at the back of his eyelids. "You have to, or the past will continue to happen again and again. Im not suggesting you completely destroy yourself.... even im not truly gone. But there are times when the darkness is required to do something good and sometimes a kinder hand is needed..."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Okay Caedus," she said, her smile widening a bit. "You sound remarkably like that Sith Lord from way back in the day, and yet, not. He eventually, even if it was his final moments, recognized and turned back from his dark path. I actually get a headache now from using the dark side, not sure why, but I've been formulating theories on that."

Shrugging, she waited for the reversion to real space into the Yaga Minor system. The hunt was about to begin.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Caedus? You know, the Fox boy that i work for actually compares himself to that... creature. Its kind of funny. No Taeli, i am not someone like him... that creature did not know what family meant and he never will... nor did he understand loyalty and friendship." Solan paused for a moment and spoke again as he gripped the controls. The moment his words ending did the ship indeed leave the confines of hyperspace. "We are here..."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Oh! You know the Vulpesen," she laughed. "He tried to kill me over a small misunderstanding about something. I had to freeze him in ice to . . . excuse me for this, chill him out."

Seeing the planet, and the shipyards it was known for, emerge into sight as they reverted to real space, Taeli smiled a bit. There was chaos in the system, she could sense it. Most political powers were still trying to get a firm footing in the galaxy and Yaga Minor and this part of the Outer Rim just hadn't recovered yet.

"So where shall we look first?" she asked.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Sounds like him, what did you do? Step on his tail or harm his family?" Solan glanced at her and smiled. "You do realize who my former employer was right and the reason i am one of the Vitae's leaders now right?" His hands directed the ship towards the shipyards as he turned his head to speak to his onboard VI. "Deception, i want a docking crew ready to make sure the engines aren't too disrupted and secondly i want a shuttle ready for us the moment we land. Now go." Leaning back he waited for the ok and the direction into a docking bay.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"A little of both, but it's a long story," she said with a shrug. "Long story short, we came to a more amiable agreement and he doesn't want to kill me anymore, so that's always good."

She was silent for a moment as they waited for docking clearances, and she twiddled her thumbs.

"I am sorry about Romeo," she said finally. "When I killed him, he was at peace again and he didn't die holding onto his anger. He did what he wanted to do and was ready to move on I think. Do I think that his timing sucked and he was too driven by revenge to see clearly? Sure, his actions that day speak that something snapped in his mind for some reason. I killed him humanely and without anymore pain, and I think he appreciated I was there at the end to put him out of his misery."

Falling silent again, she sighed and continued saying, "Your former employer was brave though, just kinda silly in how he went about his goal."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

He couldn't stop himself, not for a moment and without warning his laugh shot through the air and he couldn't help it but stare up at the ceiling with his laugh going on and on. IT was amazing what she had just said and he couldn't help it but continue to laugh and go on for so long that the ship was almost docked by the time he stopped and he shook his head as he looked at her with bright... slightly blue, eyes. "Taeli. Romeo was not my employer at any time. He was a friend and companion yes, but not an employer. I meant miss Cinthra." He leaned back with closed eyes as the ship shook and set itself down onto the ground. "With that, onto the rundown yards."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Didn't know you knew Alex," she said sheepishly. "My apologies, but yes, time to go dungeon-delving as my father called it."

Heading to the back of the ship, actually a little surprised she had seen blue eyes instead of his normal corrupted ones, Taeli grabbed a vac suit and slid it on. Interesting though that his eyes had shifted again, maybe he wasn't as far gone as he thought. She certainly hadn't been, although she would always bear the markings of the Sith around her eyes whenever she would let the tattoos appear. Still . . . this promised to be interesting, shouldn't be too dangerous though. It was a rundown shipyard that was a relic of an older age, an age of much stronger ships than currently around.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Ya... too bit of a prude if i might say so, but still someone who paid well for when she needed something done that she was not suppose to be connected too. Did you know she paid me to run an anti sith terrorist group back when the Sith first captured Coruscant. Didn't even betray me when she did this and it was something fun to do while it lasted... ended in some interesting encounters. Including one woman who i cant help but be around some of these times today." He laughed to himself at thinking about the night. His own body moved to look at the Vac suit and smiled as he tied his clothing tight and removed teh Viola coat from his back before pulling on the suit and smiling while he grabbed his slicing and defensive equipment including a SMG that he hung from his belt. "Lets get going."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"An SMG? Really?" Taeli said, looking at the weapon on his belt with a skeptical look on her face behind the visor of the vac suit's helmet. She went over to her things and rummaged around a bit for a moment before pulling out a simple blade and clipped her shoto saber to her belt. Of course, the sword was not just a simple blade, it was a Mandalorian bes'kad after all.

"Hmm, note to self, actually get myself a blaster or design one myself," she said, logging that idea away fro later. "Well, as this is your expedition, lead the way, Mr. Shade. We need to find a working terminal that connects to the old servers that would contain either the datalogs for the ship or the schematics."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

He would smiled and nod as he looked at her. "Im sorry, would you have preferred my scythe, i can still grab it if so." He smiled at her from behind the visor and made for the ramp that would lead from this station and then take the prepared shuttle to the rundown part of these shipyards. The smile on his face would be wide as he got into the cockpit of the shuttle that was waiting, his hands going across the panel and activating its systems one at a time before he smiled and leaned back as the ship shot from the hanger without pause.

IT would be a quick flight over, especially how Solan was flying but he had to do it atleast once as he glanced at her and purposefully closed his eyes before twisting the controls of the shuttle as it spun and turned in what looked to be a blind flight as his smile remained wide. What was truly happening was Solan looking through the force and using his force sight to give his sith friend a bit of a scare into thinking solan was mad. After he had his fun though, his eyes and hands turned to face the station and level the ship before pulling it into the rundown station. "Thank you for flying Air Charr."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"You're gonna have to try harder than that to unsettle a Corellian with that sort of flying, but I won't be flying Air Charr anytime soon again," she said, teasing clear in her voice. "No in-flight holovid, no snacks, chairs uncomfortable, not even real leather. Gonna have to post a bad review on the Holonet and warn people."

Pressing the button to lower the ramp of the shuttled, she smiled and wondered what exactly was waiting for them in the shipyards they would be exploring. She fully expected to find at least mynocks because that vermin was absolutely everywhere. But she didn't expect to find too many enemies to actually fight. It was just a simple data retrieval mission after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom