Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legacy of an Emperor

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Confetti Cannons too. The kids would love those." She may have been mumbling but they were still less than three feet from eachother. Not exactly hard to hear someone that close too you. "Also, were here. Where ever here is. Ill need Eve to scan the area for the ship if our coordinates were right, the lack of a star makes it impossible to see with human eyes... imagine if we could see without li- oh ya..." He hit his head for a moment as he realized he could with force Sight, though he didn't attempt it due to the fact he had a good feeling the ship was not close to them.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Oh I suppose we are," she said, looking up into the inky darkness of space. No stars in the area hmm, weird. "Just send a sensor ping out, that should tell us how far away the ship is."

She closed the datapad she had the working designs on and put an encryption on the screen unlock that only she would be able to unlock. It would require knowing her favorite book, something no one, not even her sisters would know.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

His hands moved over the console now and sending out the sensor ping as they sat there. For a few seconds there was nothing before it finally caught the ship they were looking for and he couldn't help but smile. "Ladies and Machines of the female personality, we have our Fel." He smiled as his hands moved to the flight controls now and he worked to angle the ship in which it would intercept the very ship they were here to acquire. "Ahh, got to say seeing this ship in person is going to be something that ive been wanting to do for many years Taeli."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Getting tour of it and seeing it in person might help with designs for what I'm working on," Taeli responded. "It is always nice to see a bit of history found and planned to be restored. My inner historian is happy."

Her inner engineer was also quite happy with everything they had accomplished on this trip. With what she had planned, this was going to be the start of a massive project group to expand Aurora Industries and produce brand new technology and ships for sale . . . and for use by certain military forces.

"Shall we take a look while we wait for your forces?" she asked.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

He was already out of his seat the moment he docked the ship into one of the Jagged's small bays. "Are you kidding me Taeli, you can wait here but im heading in to see this thing in action." His body moved down the halls towards the ramp of the ship where he kept the EV suits. HE was going to need one if the Gulag plague was the cause or if there was simply no air. The ship was stalled and he wanted to know why it was so, if he could figure that out then it would be simple as to what comes after. This fact combined with his wanting to see the ship did all it could to light a fire under his ass.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Boys will be boys," she said, getting up herself and making sure to grab her satchel and her glasses. Pulling on a vac suit, making note that an upgrade was needed for these and promptly pushing the though aside, she followed Solan into the famed ship.

"Hmm no atmosphere, not much power here either," she said, pulling up a scanner as they descended the ramp onto the hanger's deck. "I think the ship was sent on an emergency jump when something happened, maybe the Gulag started to break out and the crew was ordered away to preserve some segment of the Galactic Federation's strength."

It was a theory and would explain why the ship was adrift where it was. An emergency blind jump like the ship might have performed could have left them stranded and their hyperdrive heavily damaged. Food and water would eventually run out, then the crew would slowly start to die as they wasted away and engineers perished. That would effect upkeep on key systems and the crew would have pulled back further and further to secure living quarters to stay alive.

"We might want your men to check the hyperdrive and the power reactor when they get here," she said, activating the flood lamps on the vac suit's helmet to get a better view of the hanger. Old TIEs hung on racks, and she could see evidence that might support her theory as several pieces of equipment had been stripped of their components.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

He heard her and nodded before speaking up over his comm. "Agreed, we should probably figure out what it is that is causing the loss of atmosphere. We could have anything between a genearator problem which means we may have to work to restart it ourselves if we want to get any good work done before they get here. Allternatively they could have simply left the ship derelict for some reason as i noticed not overwhelming signs of damage on the hull of the ship back in the transport.... Lastly, it could be that life support was damaged by some unknown means. Which could be all the worse."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Well I suggest we check," Taeli said, glancing at the chrono on her wrist. They still had a little time before his team arrived at the given coordinates, so might as well pinpoint the problem spot to get things moving as quickly as possible. "I suggest we split up to cover more ground, I'll take the atmospheric generator, you check out life support."

With that, she headed off towards where that generator would be located, her small probes generating a map for her to follow that would also be streamed to Solan so he wouldn't get lost ... or stray into the weapon bay by mistake.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Stray into the weapons bay, that was certainly high on his list and when she said something about checking the life support he sighed and was about to speak before watching her run off. "Right, have the man who on regular instances crashes and blow things up, go work on life support..." He smiled though behind the visor of his suit. With this ship it could be the trash compactor and he would not care for one reason, it had been the ship he had grown to respect and love about the old Sith and Fel Imperiums. It was a weapon of war in a simpler age where the enemies were clear and he heard grand stories of a one Sith that legitimately were true followers of their philosophy. They didn't rely on Vong, they won by their own strength and more importantly by their own cunning without their reliance on using the force.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Reaching the atmospheric generator room, Taeli could see some general levels of neglect and wear and tear, but nothing that wasn't salvageable. Looking over the system, Taeli began tinkering with it, noticing some loose wires that had frayed.

"Some minor damage to atmosphere, just enough to take it offline, but not enough that fixing it wouldn't take five minutes," Taeli said over her helmet's comlink. Then again, if you didn't have anything to breathe, five minutes meant death. Now she was starting to wonder something. After the Battle of Coruscant at the end of Darth Krayt's reign, the One Sith had gone underground and decided to do shadow strikes. This screamed of sabotage by an inside man, but why leave the ship like this?

"Looks like sabotage actually," she continued, sparking the wires to see if they still had juice and smiled when she saw some power.

He listened as Taeli listed off the damage and her thoughts over the comm and for a moment he wondered if she would catch the same idea that he did, which she did. His hands crossed over his lap for a moment, thinking and moving through the area before coming up on the Lifesupport systems with a rather curious sight before him. Leaning against the systems themselves was the preserved body of a long dead officer with blaster burns marking his chest and the walls around them. It seemed the loss of life support and an atmospheric generator that the bodies were not able to decompose which made sense. Moving around the long dead body he moved over to the console and tried to power it on best he could.

The console itself had power and he looked for any records of the area that he could upload to a drive his hand moved to grab. "Eve, im going to hook up the drive now, make sure to inform me what you find while i inspect the systems physically and see what happened here. Look for vid logs too of the incident involving this man..." With that his hand went up to the comma and bent down, a steady hand carefully touching the long dead and preserved features of the man. "Taeli, i found one of our rather long dead crewmen... a Sergeant from the look of it."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Solan Charr"]

"No bodies here yet," Taeli said, fiddling with the frayed and cut wires for a moment. The hum of power met her ears and she smiled as the atmospheric generator came back online. "Atmospheric generator is back online, need to get the life support systems up and running. I'm heading to the security station to see if there any vid logs of what happened."

As she walked through the empty corridors, she passed a maintenance console and quickly patched into it. Shifting through the files, she could see engines and other primary systems were still operational, but only just. That was good at least, they would be able to get this thing out of deep space and to a proper port.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"I have minimal damage here, blaster fire... alot of stray shots. I assume that what ever was going on it was very frantic yet all i have here is the one body... The damage to the life support is repairable atleast for a temporary amount of time but that wont last until we reach a shipyard with what i have interms of tools so im going to hope my boys bring the right tools for the job. Im going to try and power it on but keep your helmet on you at all times should you take it off, i don't know how long that this thing will hold together." He said as he himself started to go through the start up processes. It was more than simply interesting to him what happened here and as he worked on the systems and heard them starting back up to where he and Taeli would not need their helmets, his eyes returned to the man. "What happened here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom