Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Learning Center & You: Q&A

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Hi, I'm Jay and I sometimes act as Moderater in the Learning Center Forum. This week I'd like to take a look back at The Learning Center Forum and ask the community a few questions. Being the drama llama I most certainly am, I firmly believe education is the key to helping each member become a better roleplayer. Not just for new members but for veterans alike.

This hypothesis of mine however demands some reflection. I ask myself: Jay, is the Learning Center Forum really helping anyone? Is it doing it's job? ...And so I pondered this long enough to create this thread. Pardon my dust.

Now, for my questions to you guys:

• Q: Has the Learning Center Forum been a positive experience to you as a writer?
  • Q: How often do you use the Learning Center Forum?
  • Q: Do you feel an Education Forum is profitable to the website as a whole?
  • Q: What changes could make the Learning Center an even more positive experience?
  • Q: What barriers, (if any), might keep you as a writer from participating as a Guide Maker and contributing your own experiences for the community to share?

Thank you to everyone who participates here in this discussion. I look forward to hearing your comments below. :D :p

- Jay (puts-his-name-at-the-bottom-of-everything) SC

• Q: Has the Learning Center Forum been a positive experience to you as a writer?
I like having the reference material.
Everyday.
Yes.
  • Q: What changes could make the Learning Center an even more positive experience?
More information about Force Powers and proper use of them.
  • Q: What barriers, (if any), might keep you as a writer from participating as a Guide Maker and contributing your own experiences for the community to share?
None.

Valerie Re'Daull

Val'Rain Sekairo in Disguise
  • Yes. There have been some interesting reads, and some advice that's made things easier.
  • Once or twice a week, or if I see an interesting title pop up here.
  • Oh yes. It doesn't only help new members, it also helps those that have been around a bit longer get some more insight, along with possibly learning a new or better way to deal with something/do something.
  • Er, I'm not sure, honestly. I've never had any problems with it, and it's already so shiny and nice.
  • Bit of problems with social skills is all. That and sometimes I feel like I might just be told to shut up. It's more of my own partial lack of confidence that how I feel about the site members. Everyone's always been real friendly and helpful. I'm just a bit of a paranoid nut.

Yes.
Recently, I've been using it about two times in a month, but now that people post so many new stuff here, I might start using it more often.
Yes, definitely. It has helped me a lot, so I believe it helps new members too.
I don't know, actually... Maybe if there were instructions about all main lightsaber forms... I have avoided lightsaber duels because I don't know how to write them. :D
Only the fact, that English is not my first language and because of that, I am really bad at writing guides and educating texts in English.

I'm an avid subscriber to JSC Weekly. Not only that, there's a lot of good stuff in there from writers with tons of experience. Positive, definitely.
Whenever there's something new, I give it a thorough read.
Yes.
More coloured text, bro. But seriously, more content.
Reputation, really. I have plans to make a Guide in the future, but really, part of writing a Guide is having a level of respect from other writers in that field. So rep first, then you'll get your Guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom