What's new

The Learning Center & You: Q&A

Jay Scott Clark

Beyond Wonderland
Writer
Hi, I'm Jay and I sometimes act as Moderater in the Learning Center Forum. This week I'd like to take a look back at The Learning Center Forum and ask the community a few questions. Being the drama llama I most certainly am, I firmly believe education is the key to helping each member become a better roleplayer. Not just for new members but for veterans alike.

This hypothesis of mine however demands some reflection. I ask myself: Jay, is the Learning Center Forum really helping anyone? Is it doing it's job? ...And so I pondered this long enough to create this thread. Pardon my dust.

Now, for my questions to you guys:

• Q: Has the Learning Center Forum been a positive experience to you as a writer?
  • Q: How often do you use the Learning Center Forum?
  • Q: Do you feel an Education Forum is profitable to the website as a whole?
  • Q: What changes could make the Learning Center an even more positive experience?
  • Q: What barriers, (if any), might keep you as a writer from participating as a Guide Maker and contributing your own experiences for the community to share?

Thank you to everyone who participates here in this discussion. I look forward to hearing your comments below. :D :p

- Jay (puts-his-name-at-the-bottom-of-everything) SC

Aeron Kreelan

Zeison Sha Adept
Character
  • Q: Has the Learning Center Forum been a positive experience to you as a writer?
I like having the reference material.
Everyday.
Yes.
  • Q: What changes could make the Learning Center an even more positive experience?
More information about Force Powers and proper use of them.
  • Q: What barriers, (if any), might keep you as a writer from participating as a Guide Maker and contributing your own experiences for the community to share?
None.

Valerie Re'Daull

Val'Rain Sekairo in Disguise
Character
  • Yes. There have been some interesting reads, and some advice that's made things easier.
  • Once or twice a week, or if I see an interesting title pop up here.
  • Oh yes. It doesn't only help new members, it also helps those that have been around a bit longer get some more insight, along with possibly learning a new or better way to deal with something/do something.
  • Er, I'm not sure, honestly. I've never had any problems with it, and it's already so shiny and nice.
  • Bit of problems with social skills is all. That and sometimes I feel like I might just be told to shut up. It's more of my own partial lack of confidence that how I feel about the site members. Everyone's always been real friendly and helpful. I'm just a bit of a paranoid nut.

Yes.
Recently, I've been using it about two times in a month, but now that people post so many new stuff here, I might start using it more often.
Yes, definitely. It has helped me a lot, so I believe it helps new members too.
I don't know, actually... Maybe if there were instructions about all main lightsaber forms... I have avoided lightsaber duels because I don't know how to write them. :D
Only the fact, that English is not my first language and because of that, I am really bad at writing guides and educating texts in English.

Aran Finn

Redeemed
Writer
I'm an avid subscriber to JSC Weekly. Not only that, there's a lot of good stuff in there from writers with tons of experience. Positive, definitely.
Whenever there's something new, I give it a thorough read.
Yes.
More coloured text, bro. But seriously, more content.
Reputation, really. I have plans to make a Guide in the future, but really, part of writing a Guide is having a level of respect from other writers in that field. So rep first, then you'll get your Guide.