Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Law Of Life: Mandalorian Empire Dominion of Ithor HexAA18

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
Objective: Kill the Enemy to Impress a Crazy Verd Girl
Situation: FUBAR

IlItBu8.png
"This thing isn't stopping!" Marvik cried out over his own frantic smashing of buttons. The one-man pod drove through the atmosphere like a flaming nail towards a rocky coffin - and none of the rapidly flashing lights seemed to do a damn thing, even with a firm knuckle applied to it. The brief said that the pods were supposed to slow down from their terminal velocity before impact, but he just seemed to be gaining more speed.

"Doesn't this thing have an 'oh osik" button?" He yelled, phasing between anger and fear as he continued to randomly hit the blinking lights as they flashed. "Damnit!" he slammed the console with his fist. The glass viewport rattled, then a burst of air shot him back into his seat.

Air jet through a thumb-sized crack in the viewport like a highspeed engine - pressing down on his chest and filling the small cabin with the wail of a siren.

"Oh Manda, not like this!"

Objective: 1; babysit Dathu

Infiltrate and destroy. Except instead of infiltrating a swarm of pods dropped from the sky, thrumming into the ground at intervals that shook the surroundings with the force of a small earthquake as each squadron of vode made intermittent landfall. Her group was intertwined with Dathu, something she had a feeling the Alor himself had a personal hand in. There was no doubt he was present, based on the shouting and swearing that carried on over the comms, and she did her best to reassure him in the midst of the chaos. "You're not driving it, Dathu, relax! Sit back and let the pod do its work, you'll make it groundside one way or another."

Keira held tight to the straps that kept her in place, jaw clenched tight beneath her helmet to stop her teeth from rattling together as her pod was buffeted through reentry. This was far from her first time on a ride like this, but it was never something you got used to. No matter how easy it was to reassure Marvik, a flood of curses still streamed through her mind as she rocketed her way to the ground at breakneck speeds. The journey ended with an abrupt clanging of metal-on-metal, and if it weren't for all the security measures keeping her in place, well, she didn't want to think about that.

Within seconds the doors to the pod hissed open and she was released from her claustrophobic, veritable durasteel can of a prison, pulling her rifle from her back and scanning the area through the scope. When no target immediately presented itself the weapon was brought to low-ready, and she rolled her neck to pop it, squinting up at the sky through her T-visor. "You coming, Marvik? I'd hate to have to show you up all by myself." With a gesture she assembled her squad, clearing the immediate area for the inevitable arrival of the next wave. Who knew how or in what state they were arriving in.

Objective 2: Commune with the Ithorian Priests
Allies: [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Yasha was not the only one effected by the stone kad in Tobias’ belt. As Stardust seemed to cant in discomfort, so too some of the others in attendance backed up at the event.

Yet, the weapons lowered as was the order. The Ithorians’ hum coated everything, down to the atomic particles which made them all up.

“I had that knife as a child. My mother made it for me in the Netherworld… the cloth on the hilt, it’s from her armour weave cloak. How… how did you get it? How did I know your name?” Tobias removed his helm, features familiar to one who spent much time cleaning up after certain clans. But… who was he?

The knife continued its’ carnagistic hymn, momentarily near doubling Yasha over just as a bird cawed, and one she delighted in very much swooped down to comfort her.

“Su cuy’gar, Taeli. Thank you.” Taeli’s raven hopped onto Yasha’s shoulder, and the Infernal brushed a few fingers against the ‘feathers’ on its’ underbelly. Yet another came to ensure the safety of the Infernal, or to observe while this trial of conscience took place.

“You brought this from the Nether… here to Ithor… today?” In deference to the Ithorians and this Tobias’ motion of removing his helm, Yasha clicked for hers to retract, the olive-skinned woman peering from behind discomforted eyes.

“That’s entirely too odd isn’t it? The exact time and place, and you come crashing upon my ship? Or a ship named for the size of me when I was pregnant… Still have to kill Australis for that one…” Yasha muttered, glancing up to where she thought she saw Lori and the Warmaster.

The High Priest stepped forward, hands folded in his garments of white.

“The Force moves to reconcile what was never meant to be parted. You were a child then, desperate to keep a mother, who’s time had already come. Take the knife, Yasha Mantis… and follow. First, you all shall be cleansed. It is a sacred rite for Ithorians to head to the surface, and respects must be paid.”

The hum around them changed, growing into a vibrational energy, which stripped any particulates from clothing or ‘gam. Weapons clattered to the ground, all but the knife.

That dashed knife.
Yasha pulled it into her hand…
… and hit the ground.

The figure, his head to be more specific, exploded from the force of Nicair's hand cannon. Like a hall to arms the sound of the shot and the sizzle of scorched flesh brought the ambushers out of their hiding places and charging toward the armor-clad figure.

I've fought proper ambushers. I am the proper ambusher.

The tactic was not forgiving, and neither was he.

The headshot was unintentional, if he were to fire his weapon at a living creature it would be for something less lethal, like the knees or the abdomen. Granted the latter option would still kill, but much slower. When one uses blades on the stomachs of foes they will bleed to death, might take them some time if they can staunch the flow. In the time of projectiles the "bullets" would destroy their insides. His cannon, if it didn't punch straight through something, would leave a gaping crater and has been known to cauterize the wound at the same time. An awful lot of pain for a very slow death.

He would save at least one alive for now, questions needed to be answered. The rest, the rest he could have his fun with. Hullcracker shot off again, severing leg from body. Screaming accompanied the sound of Nicair placing the weapon back in its holster. No more blasters, his blade and his body were weapons enough. This bunch wouldn't give him what he wanted, and so they must suffer for it.

Four and three fourths of a target remained to be dealt with. The rush from his right was met with a push kick to the attacker's face. If they had shown they were competent, such a thing would have been ill advised, but the feeling of taking down a target with a foot is something to be savored.

He could sense more than see his left being encroached upon, a sharp jabbing elbow created enough distance for him to bring his tomahawk down, wedging itself in his victim's chest cavity. An elegant weapon it isn't, but one he had adjusted to make it easier to remove. He was fairly certain there wasn't anything in the Resol'nare about modifying gifts, even if they were from a past Mand'alor.

The blood sprayed out from the wound as the tomahawk was dislodged, the handle was used to bludgeon the nearest target. A sweeping kick finishing. The last foe standing, which was a relative term for threat, swung some form of blade at Nicair's chest. Simply twisting his body allowed the weapon to slide along the beskar plating.

I'd sharpen that before you try and use it again.

Snaking his weapon-wielding left arm under the right arm of his attack put him in the position to place the bottom of the tomahawks edge against the nape of his victim's neck. The briefest moment of silence came over the field before Nicair wrenched down and brought his knee up to strike his foe's head, jack-knifing his neck.

The first one to fall (not counting the dead one and the three fourths man) drew a blaster. Nicair cocked his helmeted head. Nobody moved. There was battle going on all around them and the whelp didn't pull the trigger. Sweat could be seen on his upper lip, where there wasn't a bruise. Teeth were chipped and lips were ripped.

It was breaking next to every rule the Mandalorians had, as well as simple rules of battlefield common sense, but he released the fibers holding his helmet to the rest of his armor. The young man would look into the face of his victim or killer, it all depended on if he could keep his hand steady. He didn't break eyes with the man. The rising up of his companion didn't matter, he wouldn't attack Nicair, this was the youngling's kill.

"What are you waiting for Keal?! Do it! Kill him! Or I'll do it fo-" Nicair took but a step forward and the shot rang out, off his armor, and into the chest of the screamer.

Try and do that again..

Nicair looked back at the new corpse before twisting his body and sending the tomahawk into the throat of the man with enough force to knock him off his feet. He retrieved his own weapon and the strangely decorated one that had dulled itself against him armor before following the trail of half blood and half charred flesh to the crawling enemy.

"Have I got questions for you." He said, sitting down a few feet in front of him.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Keira Verd"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Marvik Dathu"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Jor Kvall"]

Location- standing with yasha
Objective- talk with the ithorian priest and provide translations when needed
Allies- [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Netherworld, star had only been once and she never wished to go back. Should she die she rather wished to just go with the force then that damned place ever again...that being said stardust could imagine trying to live there...then again this was the infernal, a strong headed hell wolf a born survivalist and leader in stars eyes. Someone that even with close to the Sith stardust would follow

that explains this...feeling I'm getting

She said mostly to herself, these clashing of the force was a normal feeling yet before her now it just made her nauseous a bit, enough she slowly closed herself off and focused on the humming of the priests

Stardust made a note to bring her daughter here, maybe see if the priest would allow her to show brigh around a bit or even find a library here to allow stardust to teach her daughter more on the light side of the force, while thinking about this her attention turned back quickly to the priests as they spoke. Then the air seemed to vibrate her sword, westars, and sabers dropped to the ground. She sighed and turned to looked behind her when she felt something hit her, looking to her side she found her right arm was limp, attempting to move it did nothing as she frowned and lifted it with her other hand

oh that's fething great....

Objective 1: Cleanse Haffa City
Allies: [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Marvik Dathu"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Nicair Claden"]

Yronwulfr stood in the middle of the bridge, hands folded behind his back as he watched the Ithorian skyline and holofeeds of Alkor, Nicair, and the Mandalorian forces incurring on the space. Alor Kvall came behind him, his bone-entangled beskar’gam a unique sound in the scape of the Bridge.

“Alor Kvall. Mother always did know best.” Yronwulfr mused, giving a kurt nod to the Kalevalan Mandalorian. "Yes, I am Yronwulfr, Mand’alor the Infernal gave us the task of rooting out the action in the stimuli. This attack on Ithor comes at an inopportune but far too coincidental time to the Infernal’s business on-world.

Jepnit City was first struck yesterday afternoon, by a group known only by their IFF signals as survivors of our attack on the slavers of Er’kit… yet I took the liberty of searching the Ithorian’s secure communication bands.” The monolithic man produced a small holoprojector, and flicked it on.

“Murders in a garden space. Three Ithorians drained of blood down to the liquid in their bone marrow. Someone created a bouquet of flowers out of the garden’s leaves and one of the Ithorian’s skin… I believe Serkan is here. The malicious and desecrating leader of the Sith Blood Cult Naphtali Erisi. You are known for your tenacity and hunting skills.

We must take Serkan into custody, and with him, eliminate the rest of his twisted cultists. Those currently fighting against the Thelassians have their part to play, and we ours. Do you accept?”

Yronwulfr canted his head to the side, in much the same motion as Yasha had done on Kalevala. A spark in blue eyes, deep and wise. The grey hair fit docile, yet strong on his head.

"Head count," Alkor called out as his last visible teammates took positions at his six. They sounded off in turn, and he groaned to himself once he was aware of several missing names. "Okay, where the hell are Verd and Dathu?" he scanned the horizon for any sign of a stray pod, and exhaled through both nostrils once he saw them teetering through the sky several minutes behind schedule. [member="Marvik Dathu"] had mentioned something about being a greenhorn to drop ins, and [member="Keira Verd"] was dead set on getting him aboard a pod.

Fast forward several hours, and Alkor could see the results of their ill conceived plan.

Whatever they were talking about was shrouded in static. It seemed like they were still on course, so he turned his attention back to the core group. "They'll catch up," he raised his weapon and began a topographic scan of the area. "We're looking for an access point, probably a stark contrast to this garden motif. Any installation that stands out, flag it and kick in the door. Spread out, we need to cover a lot of ground quickly."

As they spoke, the fireteam offered overwatch fire and pinned down a small contingent of enemy forces. "There's hardly any on this level," one man observed. "We're way behind, Centaris."

"Don't worry about that," the Corellian exile waved him off. "Our priority now is to level the playing field. If you think we're going to go down with the city, now's the time to call for an extraction."

The men exchanged glances and slowly shook their heads.

"Not one of us is backing down," another observed. "It's time we showed them how Mandos do things."

Alkor took the initiative and pressed forward.

Keira and her boyfriend would just have to bring up the rear.

Lori giggled a little as [member="Kaine Australis"] made such a show of looking at her while she stood in her armour. She tilted her head upright once she composed herself, feeling a strong sense of pride.

She nodded as he gave her the advice. "No blink commands. Got it. At least Momalor knows my voice." That was a good thing. Lori put on her helmet and gave herself a moment to adjust to the sights and displays from the HUD. That was when Kaine gave her the weapon. She had target practice before, during her training with Jaster. Her aim was about average, which was expected of her. It'd take more practice to get better.

Time to fly.

Lori hooked her weapon on her belt, for she didn't want to accidently set it off while she tried the escape boots. Then she approached the edge. Here goes nothing!! As she lept off, she fell quicker than expected due to the heavy armour. But the boots kicked in before long, giving her a soft landing. Still she crouched a bit to absorb the momentum and keep herself from falling over.

"Phew! Made it!"

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Objective 1
[member="Yasha Mantis"]

fU34hJy.png

"I accept."

As if there was any other choice. Jor hadn't journeyed to Ithor to simply sit idly by while the action unfolded around him. He had accepted the position of Battlemaster that Mand'alor offered him, and that came with duties. However, there were some things Jor did equally for pleasure rather than necessity. It had been far too long since his weapons had bit through armor or sunk their teeth into flesh.

Jor checked the sonic grenades and slugthrower pistol at his belt; he was going to need those if the enemy was Sith. Today would be a day to leave his blaster pistol out of the fight, lest he wanted to be killed by his own blaster bolts.

"Give me some intel," He said to Yronwulf. "What's Serkan's last known location?"

As his hand extended offering the stone kad to [member="Yasha Mantis"] his eyes were directed to the Raven that wooped in to perch on her shoulder. Eyes said it was a mere bird, yet the amethyst eyes peering from it's face begged a somewhat closer inspection. A light extension of the Force felt of tangible shadows, cohesive darkness, just a name mentioned by Yasha to be thought of later, [member="Taeli Raaf"] . Retreating once more within, his eyes watched as the Manda'lor took the stone.

Then he watched as she collapsed.

Arching a brow he stepped back as two figured landed among the Mandalorians from above. [member="Kaine Australis"] rushed to Yasha's side, his concern evident by actions and words. The guards began to straighten, weapons that had been lowered once more raising as their Sole Ruler fell. At the edge of his vision [member="Loreena Arenais"] staggered slightly from the landing. As hostilities seemed to grow toward him he clenched his hands as he wished [member="Hannibal Dib"] was here. Two heads were better then one, especially as the rifles began turning in his direction.

"Fething great."

Then their weapons fell to the ground along with his, as the hum seemed to envelop them all. Looking to the priests for a moment he then turned to answer the question of Kaine's while [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] fidgeted with her arm. Yet as he opened his mouth to speak he felt an emotion welling up from within. One of ownership over not just the stone but for Yasha as well. It was jealous, angery, and hungry. Shaking his head lightly the emotion dissipated giving him pause as he tried to understand what it was.

But no answer came.

Shrugging his shoulders lightly he looked back to Kaine as he craddled the fallen woman. Again as he went to answer something grew within him, speaking in his mind. She belongs to me. Her soul is mine. And I will have it returned to me. He almost staggered under the weight of the internal words. Something was wrong. He tried to find this wellspring that had spoken from within, but could find nothing. So he turned to the mando'ad general.

"Do not touch the stone. It's your Mand'alor. Or, at least a piece of her. It's from the Nether, and as the priests have said, what was broken is now being joined together again. Though what the process is, I do not know."

Allies: [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

As Kaine picked Yasha off the flight deck, her armour clattered to the duracrete beneath them. She hung in his arms, hand clenching the knife. Did she breathe?

Her chest fluttered, proper breaths a dream of fairer seas. The Ithorian Priests continued their chorus, walking toward their speeder.

“Bring her, and come.”

A child’s hand slipped from the shadow, a trick of the light? Yet the girl-child crouched behind Tobias, clothing the ragged and reconstructed bits of a mother’s armourweave and the skins of the hellspawn she killed. Raven hair was braided with bone, and feather in the thin and thick braids. Her face, chin and shoulders were covered in dried crimson blood, from her familiar nose to splatter marks on her crude clothing. Eyes never stilled, twin spearheads appeared in her hands as she moved in her stances, spastically looking for every threat around her. These were Mandalorians, her father's people... but they were foreign and this place... it was strange to the child.
Yash’ika, as she was.
The Little Wolf.

Amber eyes flared at Kaine, as she peered around Tobias’ legs and said, “Wui' kair rui bid pi' qmehi? Gezi ed xovq! I vomd ed. Id’r pi' qmehi. Buir poki ed... Buir poki ed xihali rui vimd ovoi'. Ir duod pi? Wui' op I xeb? Ou, I seqi i'ay. Yay’li pi' hleimk. Bur’cya. Fleimk. Why does she get my knife? I want it. It’s my knife. Buir made it... mama made it before she went away. Is that me? Why am I big? Oh, I like you. You’re my friend. Bur’cya. Friend.

The soul image fled Tobias’ shadow with a gasp, scrambling behind Stardust's back with a whisper in Epicant, “Hi'r baemb da iod pi! Hi'r baemb da iod pi, Loki'! He’s going to eat me. He’s going to eat me, Lady!

The hum which radiated shook the image loose into its reality. The Little Wolf was no more and less than a soul stripped of its body, given to the gods to save her dying mother.

The High Priest merely walked and waited to be followed to the speeder which would take them to the sacred surface... some to never return.

Location- aboard the yasha class atmocarrier, ward room
Objective- assist in speaking with the ithorians
Allies- [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

Thump
Right beside her

Stardust turned slowly or least it felt like it, quickly she was to a knee beside yasha as she reached for her weapon and tried lifting it yet like as if it weighed more then a bantha star couldnt lift it and turned in a defensive position between yasha and any threat. Eyes glancing to tobias then to the priest as they spoke...now she realized why she didnt wish to be with any orders...poodoo like this.

Then her eyes caught smaller movement by tobias, at first stardust thought it was him moving but however she saw...a child? Stardust looked around and blinked before looking back...still there...that face looked like, yasha? What was...how was even...she listened to the girl speak in a language she had studied much broken bits reaching her ear before elookimg down at her legs. Blinking she went to speak before the image just disappeared, could it be because stardust was so connected with the force she saw this? Turning to Kaine she spoke

we must get her into the speeder...whatever just happened is connected to that knife and to...the netherworld...as tobias said yasha must mend what is broken and if what I saw is right...then I understand

He looked into his eyes, almost pleading that he trust her and follow as she stood to her full height

Objective: Opposition. See Haffa city fall. (([member="Yasha Mantis"] permission))
Enemies: Mandalorians [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Marvik Dathu"]

Sith are capable of fear? " Ithor will be cleansed today. Rebirthed through blood." A whisper of a voice uttered into the Siths ear. A voice of soothing nature with deviant intent. " Are you sure you can do this task? Kressnik." The voice uttered once more in question. The kneeling Anzat could feel eyes shift to him and a brow raise but could not see the face of the being he was talking to and he was not alone with it. There were others, waiting in the dark. " You should of sent me in the first place." Kresnik growled looking at a faceless cloaked figure and cleared his throat with a cough. His voice was slightly shaky and a pressure was building apon his throat subtly. Slowly it creeped over his entire body like an invisible hand gripping from multiple angles.

" I...I... Aghh." Kresniks breath fled from him causing him to blink hard.

The shaded cloaked figure approached and stood near. A blooded finger drawing markings apon his head with a single hard press. Suddenly all pressure was released. Pointing his finger away the figure demanded the Anzat to leave. No words were needed for the point to be reached.

Scrambling to his feet Kresnik coughed aloud and turned back holding his throat. His crimson eyes darted about the dark room with a held in fear.

I cant fail.

Watching the interaction between Ithor priests, [member="Kaine Australis"] , and [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] revealed the care the latter two had for the Mand'alor. His eyes flickered to the little figure of [member="Yasha Mantis"] , ferocity neither diminished by her age nor size. A small smile creased his lips at the whisp of the little wolf.

"Bury'ca, vod'ika. Naak ad'ika. Gar cuyir slanar yaim."
"Friend, little sister. Peace little one. You are going home."

As the diminutive figure dashed away he felt the echo within. I do not give her leave for freedom. Yet she will be whole, soon, and I shall taste life once more. Tobias frowned as he moved to follow the group to the speeder. Kaine turned his head toward Tobias and spoke that Yasha was the priority. Faintly glowing eyes looked upon the Warmaster and nodded slightly.

"The Yasha you wish to save is not the Yasha I wish to save."

He watched the larger man set Yasha gingerly, almost lovingly, into the speeder before clambering aboard himself. With a set of his jaw he climbed aboard as well. He knew who Mand'alor the Infernal was. She was forged by circumstances, aye, but she still made the decision to become the Infernal. Her war spread throughout the galaxy, blood flowed like rivers, the dead lay where they fell, a blight on the worlds conquered. The whispers of her have grown men nightmares who clutched their chest as the very thought of the Infernal weakened vitality.

No, Tobias did not want to save that Yasha, the Infernal who was yet to be. His eyes looked from the master force user to the Warmaster with dismay that they could not see just what she would become. The throne would harden her humanity, the betrayal of those she called friend would extinguish the light from her, the very remnants of the girl she once was would be banished by the Infernal.

But just as the paths of the past were branching off from what he knew, then perhaps this was one of the diverging paths. Time would tell if history would repeat itself.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] I [member="Loreena Arenais"]

He wasn't alone. It wasn't something he could confirm, it was a sensation, a feeling, his instinct. It was something that made his teeth itch and his mind feel fuzzy. Sensations that were familiar, but weren't his own. It was as if there were two separate parts of his sense, one he had to focus on to maintain, which were his own, and the other that was trying to work itself into the dominant position of his nervous system.

The numbness in his limbs, the creeping tingles of his fingers and toes, the heaviness of his tongue. He knew that sensation. Why was it on Ithor?

The little game of hot and cold brought him to a body. An Ithorian, dead or close to it was lying on its side. He could never tell the difference between sexes for these creatures, if there even was a difference. Some manner of life had to be left in the thing, this sensation was emanating from it. The closer he reached, the stronger the sensation became.

Something changed as he got too close. There was a heat rising in his stomach, a burning sensation. His mind started to scream as it spread. How and why was this creature doing this? His jaw clenched, he started slamming his fist into his thigh. Focus on the real, give your mind something to center itself on that is yours, on your body. Your sensation.

Leave this place. Your kind have no place here. A brutal and vicious species, destroyers and devourers.

The pain was rising in his core, spreading to his chest and down his legs. His insides felt like they were being dipped in a fire, like they were melting, as if they were seeping down inside of him to make pools at his feet.

"We're Mandalorians... we're here... to help... you." It was an effort not to cry out in pain. He was strong, been through his own fair share of suffering. But this, this was different. Something was eating this thing from the inside out.

Not your mask. Your home. Your blood has been here. The Ravager, the Mad Blade. Your souls, tarnished, broken, shattered. A bloodied husk around a heart of iron. Fear what you will become when you are healed. Leave my home, my sacred trees. Your flesh is not deserving of this earth.

The burning kept rising. His hand moved towards his blaster, it wouldn't be a clean or ceremonious end. But it would be faster than leaving it. The voice in his head began to scream, in pain or fear he couldn't tell. And, as quickly as it had started, the sensations stopped with the pressing of the trigger. He breathed a groan as the effort needed to hold back the pain was released.

He knew little of Ithorians. He did know that most of them never set foot on their planet's surface. Gathering up the pieces of the body, and as much of the mush that the organs had become, he pushed it all over the side.

He didn't know if he should say anything. Would he have if it had been anyone else? He opened the comm channel on his helmet.

"Nicair to Alkor, location? It's high time to bring the war."

[member="Tobias Dib"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Kresnik Karkarov"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Jor Kvall"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Objective: 2!!!!

Lori watched as [member="Yasha Mantis"] seemed to collapse. Well that was unexpected. Did her cousin just...faint?

[member="Kaine Australis"] was quick to reach her, picking her up as though she was a mere child. Concern was written all over Lori's face, but no one could see it. She looked to [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] . It was strange. This whole thing was strange. It felt weird and what's more, she was still gettjng used to the bucket on her head. Things appeared and then disappeared. Was she accidently using blink commands? Hopefully not.

Her focus snapped back tothe here and now the moment that Kaine's voice came through her comms. She gave him a nod and short reply. ~Understood.~ Lori's eyes then fell on [member="Tobias Dib"] . He was an odd one. Could he be trusted? Or did he want to hurt her cousin?

She followed them all to the landspeeder, eyeing the priests as well. Hopefully Yasha would be okay. Lori wasn't sure of how much more family turmoil she could take.

The Jungle expanded before them, lush and sentient. Trees rustled against the calming winds, so different to the tumult up by Haffa City, where [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Marvik Dathu"] [member="Keira Verd"] and [member="Nicair Claden"] were battling the Naphtali Erisi & Sith. The heart of the jungle continued to join in a soft and delightful hymn, tasted and harmonized by the Ithorian Priests who ventured down with the small Mandalorian Party.

Yasha’s body twitched and shook in Kaine’s arms, her amber eyes rolled back into her head as he held her. Close to his chest, Yasha seemed to share the breath of him, her Warmaster, and close to his chest was the easiest it got for the Infernal.

As they rode down to the surface, the girl-child Stardust and Tobias saw fluctuated back into being, bloodied face and weapons clutched in shivering, tiny hands. Little Yash’ika stared at Loreena with a jealous curiosity. This one was almost as small as she was, but didn’t seem to be a hardened warrior.

“Ner cuyir slanar yaim.” Yash’ika whispered, eating every syllable as a life giving snack. “Naak.”

Peering up at Stardust, the feral child’s lower lip wobbled. She clambered up onto Stardust’s lap and pulled the Twi’lek’s arm around her, still holding her makeshift weapons in her minuscule hands. The child was malnourished to near death, given to a quick tempered ferocity and gasping twitch at every bird, every rustle of leaves, every new stimulus.

She stared at Kaine Australis, the innocence of secure childhood lost utterly in the horror of her upbringing and imprisonment.

“Yay. Yay’li pi' burc’ya. I dlyrd i'ay seqi i'ay’li aliit. Ali i'ay pi'aliit’? Ali i- You. You’re my friend. I trust you like you’re family. Are you my family? Are y— Yash’ika gasped into silence flinching as the shadow of the jungle canopy filtered out the natural Ithorian sunlight. The spearheads in her hands clattered together, clanking out of a bravery doused in childish fear.

This was Kain’ik’s Yash’ika before he knew her. This was the child who pulled her mother out of the Warlock Gate and threatened to do combat with Wookies, mistaking them for Ewoks, on Kashyyk soon after. This was what the Civil War took, a child no older, and put armour weave upon, pistol clenched in her hand. Knives latched to her wrists, to stop her small hands from dropping them.

The speeder touched down upon the Jungle floor, Priests singing a prayer to the collective consciousness of the sentient trees, the touch of the forest, the brush of holy wind on their faces. One by one the priests stepped upon the ground - never to return to the atmosphere, or leave again.

“Come.” The priests began to walk through the jungle basin, through an impossible tangle of regrown vines. The jungle touched upon each of them in turn, judging and noting, discovering the intentions of each passenger in this holy place. Unlike the Light Kaine experienced on Sabarene, which inspected without judgement and cleaned all ills away, the Jungle was less magnanimous.

Little Yash’ika dove between shadows, climbing trees and launching between them like an acrobat. She scampered down, hid behind Toby, then gasped and raced back to Loreena and Stardust.

“Epar. Epar! Gaa’tayl! Kaysh epar ni! Epar ni! Nei Toby, Malkivoe! Kaysh epar ni! Eat. Eat! Help! He eat me! Eat me! Not Toby, Malkivoe! He eat me!Yash’ika grew more and more panicked as she spoke in broken Mando'a, tugging on Stardust’s dangling right arm and whimpering once in a while, at a certain look on Tobias’ face. Yet, the look would fade, and she would scamper back to cling to his leg.

“Naak, naak, Toby. Peace, peace Toby.”

In the distance, the sound of trickling water falling from the canopy above, and the smell of a fresh spring. They were fast coming toward the Sacred Grove. The air grew heavy, pregnant with the spirit of the jungle and its' misgivings, its' moments of faith in all those present.

Alkor picked up the signal instantly when it broke across his comm, and he diverted from the raid channel to a secure frequency. "Nicair," he responded as the team hurriedly kicked in doors in an effort to gain access to the bowels of the floating city. "We've met scant opposition up to this point on our end. The others are on edge. No telling what kind of resistance we're going to find-"

"Sir!" one of the shock troops nearby called out to him. "We've found the access point. What are your orders?"

"Move forward," he snapped, "but with caution. We've lost the element of surprise if they planned this far ahead, so we're going to have to be smarter to level the playing field. No bad shots- if you don't have a target, fingers off the trigger. Don't give away our position."

"Sir!"

He shifted back to the secure channel and called over to [member="Nicair Claden"], "We've found a way to the lower levels. I'll wait for you at the entrance and we can start this war of yours."

The others were already following Alkor's directions, swiftly funneling themselves down the maintenance stairwell and down to the less extravagant, mechanical heart of Haffa. He couldn't hear any shots fired yet, which was as good a sign as he was going to get.

He quietly hoped they drew first blood, because Shock Troops weren't meant for prolonged engagements and he refused to lose any men for this operation. [member="Yasha Mantis"] and [member="Kaine Australis"] had entrusted the burden of leadership to him. He aimed to give them a reason to feel confident in that decision.

Objective 2 - Observing

Observing [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Tobias Dib"] [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"]

What an interesting turn of events, she thought. She was unsure if it was a cultural trait of Mandalorians to grab something or do something without fully understanding what it was or might do first, but here they were. The raven had followed the party to the surface, a curious observer currently. Through her connection with the familiar, she was taking in everything... including the image of a little girl scampering about. The piece of soul from the knife? Very interesting indeed.

Amethyst eyes alighted upon Tobias, a soft caw issuing from the raven before it flew over to land on the Warmaster's shoulder.

Not hiding your ability to touch the Force now, are we, Warmaster...

The words would slide from the raven, quietly into the mind of Kaine. There was no hostility there, just mild curiosity.

The boy has an agenda of his own... you would do well to be cautious... do not interfere with the Ithorian ritual or let others do so unless the Ithorians require assistance for it... it could cause irreparable harm to her soul, disrupt her own balance and destiny... trapped between two worlds, forever asleep...

[member="Alkor Centaris"] and his men weren't too far away from Nicair's position. He picked up the pace, but not enough to be off-guard. His HUD was continuously scanning for anything nearby, the fact that there wasn't any didn't put him at ease.

This didn't look like any invasion Nicair had ever seen, small pockets of attackers, nothing serious. Doubt the Empire had even lost any warriors, any worthy ones at least.

He saw Alkor's men before he saw the man himself. Whether or not the men knew his armor Nicair had no idea. Picking his way through the warriors he spotted the one he was looking for.

"Alkor, su'cuy," He extended his forearm, "we ready?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom