Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last steps of the journey can be the most telling.

Be careful what you wish for.
“The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act.” - Samurai Proverb

Okay…

It was clear that he was getting it for the most part, but there was something that needed to be addressed first. So as he took a step back, Caltin sized up the Nagai Padawan and simply asked.

Which form is the weakest? Which is the strongest?

The big man personally believed that each form addressed the weaknesses of others, but this was not about him, it was about Jand. It also served to distract him from the pull of the Darkside, one of the techniques usable to make countering the draw easier and easier.

Tag: Jand Talo Jand Talo

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand thought for a moment, as he took that time to relax and recover.

"I do not believe any particular form is weakest or strongest, so much that each style has a use in specific circumstances," the Padawan said after a pause, before he looked to the large Jedi Master. "It could be more accurate to say that the individual determines the effectiveness of a lightsaber form, as it rests solely on skill, application and execution."

Granted, some styles were more effective against others, intrinsically, but the success of combat engagement relied on the practitioner.

"As my father has often said: a duel could be lost before it begins, if doubt enters the mind."

Jand wondered if that had answered Master Vanagor's question...

“The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act.” - Samurai Proverb

Yeah, Jand had a handle on things. This was something that Caltin did not have to worry about. He would simply have to pay attention to the Nagai Jedi for a little while if they shared a battlefield. Not out of a lack of trust, but to offer any advice or help when and if necessary.

Sounds like a wise man… I can say this because it is clear that it has carried over to you.

Walking over and putting a hand on the kid’s shoulder, Caltin nodded, in heavy approval.

I truly do not believe that there is anything left that I can teach you. Would you like to review anything? Do you have any questions?

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand smiled, as he nodded his head in a bow, with the respect the Jedi Master offered with his words. Jand's father was a sentient of honor and wisdom, one who had helped the Talo clan climb through the circle rankings on Saijo, and helping it maintain that position. To be compared as having similar traits to his father made Jand appreciative.

Then, Master Vanagor concluded with an observation, one that seemed to imply...

"I do not believe there is nothing else to teach me, Master Vanagor," Jand said slowly, as he raised an eyebrow. "I will always learn, that is the nature of life, however... I am curious, what do you imply with that statement?"

Last edited:

Again, Jand proved to be just the type of person, and Jedi, that Caltin had thought he would turn out to be.

My friend, give yourself credit. You are an amazing individual. Strong in will and mentality, you are proving wise beyond your years. You are a wiser man than I already am.

He smirked.

Which is why, yes, you still have a lot to learn, but there is nothing that I can truly teach you at this level now. You are more than worthy of where you are… and frankly anything you need to learn will be done so as a Jedi Knight.

Sanctuary Island

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand stood still and controlled his thoughts and emotions, as Master Vanagor spoke.

It didn't seem to be the time to disagree or offer thoughts on the Jedi Master's capabilities, as Jand had spoken of them and respected the man who had mentored him. Instead, now seemed more appropriate to being silent, to listen and hear Master Vanagor's thoughts and explanation. And the praise was felt, as Jand nodded and gave undivided attention to the other, before the final words were spoken.

"A Jedi Knight?" Jand repeated, as he inhaled and thought. "You honor me with the decision of my readiness, Master Vanagor. I have been fortunate to have learned from so skilled a teacher, and I hope to continue striving to honor my clan, you and the Jedi."

Jand bowed, his gray eyes looked to the wooden surface at his feet, before he stood up again.

"Shall we continue for a while longer? The Jedi Temple will be there, for the knighting... I do not see a reason to rush."

Jand smiled.

He was now a Jedi Knight.

With little more than a nod, he cracked his neck.

Game on.

He smirked. Content that they would spar and the soon to be “former Padawan” would continue his journey.

Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom