Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Largos Mystery (Jedi & Friends)

[member="Maya Whitelight"] | [member="Jinelu D'ysedri"] | [member="Aitis Powarth"] | [member="Ærin Firebrand"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Taking time away from the Council and its stresses was wise, Jedi Master Phylis Alince believed. Thus, she had returned to her true vocation; archaeology.

Standing in Base Alpha's main recreation room though, she could see it was raining again. It always rained on Largos. Rain would be the planet's main export if such a thing was possible. In addition to being cold, wet and muddy, the planet was also foggy. If anything could be less appealing than Dagobah, this was it.

Yet, here she was. She's put out a call to Jedi and friends to join her here, both to learn, and to investigate an unexpected concentration of Dark Side energy she had discovered.

"Elryn, when the visitors arrive, show them in," she told one of her research assistants.

Mark Sage may have been a padawan, but he certainly wanted to see what new discovery had been made on Largos. Anything dealing with the past, Archaeology, Xenopaleontology and the like, was of profound interest to him. Mark had gone to his Master, Jedi Avi Merron, for permission to go check it out and had gotten it as usual. And now he was here.
He pulled his Actis class starfighter down outside the base that he'd been directed to, and slid out, leaving his R2 unit (a fairly rare sight these days) to guard the ship. Adjusting his dark brown robe a bit, he made his way toward what he assumed was the entrance and thought of what could await him inside.
[member="Phylis Alince"]

Starleaves n Stimcafs
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] had taken her shopping. Which meant she’d almost have bought the shop if it were her old parents, just to feel something, but with Sio it just needed a couple of things and she’d felt happy, you might even say deeply loved. The results of which were a few simple items, but her most treasured yet.

A cream colored, lace top, long sleeve plaited dress running to her thighs, clinched waist to give her usually slim figure more of an hourglass look. Her smile was, as usual these days since becoming a Kerrigan, bright. She wore soft black practical shoes but they were still raised an inch or so just so she didn’t feel too short! A small silver necklace, matching subtle half-moon earings, oh and somewhere with all that dress was her saber Aurora!

Nato’s usual greeting was given to new faces, a quick excited wave. Been a long time since she did anything like this, be all Jedi-like, unless you counted bashing pirates and dodging crazy Sith cannibals, uh guess that kinda counted. Little shrug of her shoulders, kinda about time she stretched her little toes, wiggling them metaphorically speaking, and literally because she hated these shoes she had on, Nato was never happy with her feet or her shoes, but never bring it up!

“Heya,” Nato’s head tilted and her long black hair fell down one shoulder as if often would, bright smiles all around, she'd never been good at her serious Jedi stuff, but maybe today would be okay? She hoped it would, popping her lips, she pulled at her sleeves.

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Phylis Alince"]​

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

The first two arrived. Phylis nodded to them both, neither were people she knew.
"Ah, hmm, welcome to Largos! I do hope you both have other changes of clothes, as those ones will likely get a little muddy. I am Jedi Master Phylis Alince. Hmm, yes, so, tell me who you are so I can match you to the list. Please, take a seat."
The Spartan room had a table with some water and some utalitarian chairs.

"Hmmmph"

That was the first thing that DragonsFlame expected to hear from Phylis when he would decide to answer her call to any Jedi that were willing to help with this little... Expedition. And so the Jedi Master arrived, clad in brown robes, with his hood up. He looked around the "Spartan Room" until he caught sight of Master Alince. He would step forward in time to hear her ask for the names of two other Jedi who had arrived.

"Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame" He spoke calmly as he would remove the hood, a small smile crossing the Jedi Master's lips as his own eyes met that of his former long-time co-worker of sorts in the council. While he wasn't a big fan of the direction the Republic's Jedi Order had been going when he had left due to said conflicts of interest, he knew Master Alince had a proper head on her shoulders.

Maybe more so then the rest of the council at the time, and likely even now.

[member="Phylis Alince"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Mark Sage"]

"Hello ma'am." Mark replied. "Thank you for accepting my presence with such hospitality. I've heard many things about your archaeological studies. My name is Mark Sage. I'm a padawan at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, though I frequently visit the one on Ossus as well. I study archaeology as well as Xenopaleontology and am very glad to be here. And as for my extra set of clothes, don't worry. I always keep a spare set in my starfighter which is outside, along with my R2 unit."
Master Alince seemed to be a very nice person to Mark. He'd studied her discoveries many times before, and hoped to make a good first impression of himself now.
"Don't foul up now Mark." he thought to himself.
[member="Phylis Alince"]

A concentration of dark side energy !?

Esvan had to stop him self from drooling. What kind of power could it be? I gotta see this for myself.
Quickly finding transport, he was off to largos just moments after learning about the expeditions plans. He had been a padawan now for a while, studying on Yavin IV since he was a small boy. Despite his time on Yavin, he had never seen true power before and it intrigued him.

That was days ago, Now he was walking through the doorway and entering Base Alpha's main recreation room. His black overcoat that he wore was soaked, but hell, isn't that what coats are for anyway? Entering the room he 'saw' four figures he had never met before in his life. All four of them had the force radiating from them, Esvan could at least see that clearly. Okay this must be them, better make a good first impression.

Mustering up all the courage he had, Esvan anxiously blurted out toward the group. "Hey everyone! My names Esvan Naa, I'm a padawan from Yavin IV. It's really Nice to meet you all!"

[member="Mark Sage"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Phylis Alince"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Always doin’ somethin’ without thinking Nato! Voices of her old parents. Bad… just bad she had her wrong clothes on. Pulling at her sleeves, big deal to the little Kiffar girl. Little relief showed when Phylis had asked someone else to change too, not just her, phew. No way was she wearing whatever that was though, she’d look huge! Umm, oh Areialla! Yes! Blond bombshell Eldorai, her mum had given her as a handmaiden, she wasn’t coming with her of course, but maybe, yep she could call her out of her ship.

“Sure thing! My name's Natoline…” she smiled still loving the sound of, “Kerrigan, from er Firemane n’ Levantine Sanctum.” All titles n stuff, she felt official!

Couple of minutes past while everyone arrived and soon sauntering in, as if sauntering were an artform, Areialla her shapely blond Eldorai, piled up clothes on Nato’s arm, winking at [member="Phylis Alince"], not Sio-trolling her or other Jedi at all, nope, especially her slight rock of her hips side to side as space elf lady left. Totally not musty old stuff like they wanted Nato to wear, but kinda practical, in a Nato-like way. Black leather trousers, matching jacket and white strapped t-shirt. Some of Siobhan rubbing off on her, kinda when things got serious, but she’d still dodged her armor! Take that space elves! [member="Kaida Taldir"] .

“I’ll change in a’bit.”

Folding her cream dress down she sat, and snuck her chair in, looking disappointingly for a cushion, she curled her feet up on her chair sideways beside her, leave it to Nato to make any chair look comfy.

"Nice to meet you too!" [member="Esvan Naa"], little excited wave given. Bright happy smile to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] too, new people, new faces! Exciting! You didn't need force sense to see Nato was excited.

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Esvan Naa"]​

Several others were arriving now. Mark, not being a center of attention type person, slid backward a bit, taking a few steps away from the gathering group of people. He wondered how many of them studied archaeology like he did, or if they were just friends of master Alince.

Phylis looked at the motley crew that joined her. She spared a glance and a brief ‘hmmph’ for the random Eldorai who had wandered in. Without being told now she knew who this one was associated with!

“Ah, one of the Kerrigans,” she said vaguely. “I’m guessing you’re another adopted daughter…or else Siobhan has started splitting like an amoeba. Well, welcome anyway, Natoline. I know your mother quite well. Not as well as she’d like but still….”

Next to the two padawans. “Welcome, young ones. Good to see you’re here, you can learn something. Probably.”

Finally to Dragonsflame. Now, Phylis would never call him mean names like Dragonslame, no. She kind of liked the Jedi Master, even if he trolled her a lot. Still, he was good company, especially here.

“Well, we’ll get started then. If anyone arrives later we can fill them in. So, basically, we are here to investigate an archaeological site from the New Sith Wars before the Ruusan Reformations. This somewhat uninteresting planet was the scene of several full-scale battles between the Army of Light and the Sith, in which the Jedi were eventually victorious. It is our task to uncover the old base, find any debris or wreckage and to understand what really happened here. Any questions so far?”

It seemed simple enough. A routine archaeological dig. Mark liked it. He did have one question though.
"Just one from my end Master. Do we have a general idea of where this base is? Finding something like that is already like finding a needle in a hay stack and, adding on top of that the dreary weather going on right now, its not hard to say that its going to be pretty difficult. 'How will we know where to look?' is essentially my question Master."
[member="Phylis Alince"]

Esvan was happy when he heard the plan. He thought it was pretty straight forward and Esvan was feeling particularly confident in himself. Right up until he heard the other padawan talk. He raised a good question and showed himself to be obviously more knowledgeable on the subject at hand then Esvan. It washed away all his prior confidence and made him red with jealousy, causing him to speak up before master Alince had a chance to respond for herself.

" I truly doubt master Alince would have called us out here if she didn't have any idea where to go. Even if she didn't know exactly where, I'm sure she has a plan to find out. And I don't know about you but I'm not letting a little rain get in my way. "

[member="Mark Sage"]

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“Yeppers nice ta’metcha,” Natoline blurted out her small laugh about amoebas. Nose wiggling, she absolutely didn’t understand what Phylis could mean about knowing her mum well, nope, not little Nato, blinking quite innocently to herself.

Natoline didn’t have any questions yet, just kinda smiled, twirling fingers through her often long hair, toes wiggling, really hating these shoes. She looked at her hair strands to see if any had broken ends, vain, maybe a little, but only a little! Grrr Kerrigan's had’ta look their best.

"Can share force bubbles", Natoline smirkled, half smile - half smirk to [member="Mark Sage"], Nato-wink given. Little rain was no biggy. Unassuming as she was, Nato had growing talents when clouds came a calling! Blowing somethin’ out of her palm.

Oh she did have a question! "Can I ummmm keep anythin'? Little things y'know, nobody else wants?" What little things did she mean, well being a Kiffar, she had certain little talents for retrieving memories others didn't always know were there.

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Esvan Naa"]​

Quite a crowd had come along. Jedi. Not-So-Jedi. And others. It was going to be interesting to see if all of these people could co-exist in an environment like this one. He looked to Phylis and gave a heartwarming smile. "Phylis, you have no idea how happy I am to see you" He would speak with a small chuckle. "It's been so long since I've ran into someone with a head on their shoulders. I was starting to think I was just going insane myself" He would joke, the smile evident as he looked around at the other Jedi as they were briefed, nodding along to it.

"No questions" The Jedi Master spoke, back to a more serious tone. "Actually, maybe one. How many Jedi are we bringing?"

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Esvan Naa"] | [member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

This writer suspects that Dragonsflame’s may have a few issues which need exploring elsewhere, in ways which don’t require long OOC rants.

Either way, Phylis nodded to the Padawans.
“Fortunately we do know where the location is. This otherwise miserable swamp does have some high points, and situated on a mesa nearby is the ruins of the base and fortress. I think it is easy to make light of the rain until you’ve been up to your knees in mud for a couple of days,” Phylis said with a chuckle.

At the suggestion that Natoline keep things, Phylis sniffed. “Hmmph, this is an archaeological assignment, Ms Kerrigan, not a treasure hunt. The items we find are all valuable in their own way, from a discarded wrapper to a bar of aurodium. So no, you may not. What would you want them for anyway?”

To Joshua last, who seemed to be the other senior person here. “Thank you, Master Dragonsflame, your experience here will be invaluable.”

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Tapping her finger to her lip, “ ‘cause people miss stuff,” Nato said, little shrug of her shoulders, “ 'specially discarded bits nobody wants, 'n will just be tucked away.” Pfft she blew her hair up, “I can kinda, well,” she touched their table in front of them, and recounted a memory of a certain early hmmph when Phylis had touched the same table, telling her word for word what Nato experienced and why, sensations, sounds and sights. Her eyes distant and hazy. We hopefully safely assume such a thing had occurred before many times!

Coming out of her trance state, the Kiffar girl started playing with her hair again, “please don’t let any really old memories be left alone,” she frowned, and tugged her dress down, she saw so many memories just left there with nobody to hear them again. Musty old stuff, discarded, they chewed her up inside when she could almost see them, people’s past memories soooo much wanting to be heard.

“Neways, sorry I didn’t mean to, y’know, be all difficult.” Bright smiles all around, they were oh well smiles if you knew her. Nato's wandering fingers would behave, promise, no nose wiggles here, okay one but only a little one, yep, promise.

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Esvan Naa"]

"Ok. Thank you for the answer. Are we prepared to begin?" Mark asked.
Luckily for Mark, he was fairly used to a wet climate, as Yavin IV was far from dry. He had a change of clothes that better suited this enviornment out in the Eta 2 outside. It wasn't as easy as one would think to trek through the mud in jedi robes.
[member="Phylis Alince"]
[member="Natoline Kerrigan"]
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Even as time would be nothing to someone like Maya now, finding herself be on what one could normal of one self of the force around oneself. No she knew when to arrive when her time it would be to step into this place. Just who had she came as one being a Representative of Silver Jedi Order. It went be on that being the Healer of Life, she not only in her right a great healer of the physical, but she had not the wisdom of the healer of another kind, one that went deeper to ones self. To the very core that made each one different that is where the hope and deeper then that the soul of who made each themselves.

Deep down each one of use have to face one own darkness. In that one can only grow stronger not only in the light but also being wise to the temptation of what darkness can bring to one character. In this she was the shadow of hope to those lost souls. Did she chosen this path no it was lay before her it was the path she had place her feet on. Making herself grow with each step, knowing that one like herself had weakness, would always face those weakness,no matter how wise and strong they became in character.

With that thought she came to help with the darkness that seem to have a hold of this place to shine her light of hope to give others that chance. It was their own path to take not for her to deiced for them or to bring violence on them. No it was her place to shine be that light, even among darkness. To some those see them as misguided to bring them back on the straight path of lightside. No it wasn't for her to do but for the force as the force is the one that chosen paths for them even those some of the free will was given, to how one used the darkness around.

Standing in her long flowing silver robes one would look at her as being not ready for what laid a head one would be so wrong as to judge one but their outer layer would be wrong. As under laid the warrior skin of her AKK armor very much a part of her now keeping her protected where one needed. Along with the outer layer was her Leather skin bag that was full of all one as a healer would need, that was her herbs, oils other tools for carrying for wounded if the need would be needed.

Her weapons lay underneath also of some would say was to simple weapons of her own choice. One being of two of her lightsaber, this one was to do battle with darkness if need to be being of a blade of blackness itself. One very much smaller that was keep in her hair as long hair claw clip. Even so she had a few Knifes that its blade sharp but wasn't made out of metal that was of the very teeth of a AKK dog.

When she enter into the gathering one would think she would show her own power she had but not her she was more of one in nature to be there like all that flowed to create harmony. As she first looked around the room before reaching her own place among these fellows jedi and friends.

"Greetings to all, I"m Maya Whitelight, Master Healer from Silver Jedi. " , the room she didn't know but one [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] this bring a friendly smile upon her warm lips of hers. Now to see how the others in the room would see her as just by her skin color being able to see her as Zeltron or something be on what one would think of one that could be as Zeltron.

Now her eyes fell to the one that had brought to group together [member="Phylis Alince"] ​ "Master I hope I didn't miss much, as I had business to take care off before I could make my appearance among you all lovelies." after all running a Academy was not a walk in a garden to smell the flowers. Letting her eyes once again to feel out each one to know what they brought to this adventure to know their strength as one needed to know to be able to be one as a team but also in the force for the battle to come of this darkness that has a hold of this place.

[member="Mark Sage"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Esvan Naa"]​

[member="Natoline Kerrigan"] | [member="Maya Whitelight"] | [member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Esvan Naa"]

Phylis stared blankly at Natoline for a moment. The girl seemed to be a bundle of eccentricities and oddities, probably inherited from her mother (?) Siobhan. However, something did click for her.
"Ah...a Kiffar," she said softly. "Hmm, well, very well, I'll see what I can find for you. You may be useful in this little expedition. Do your psychometry powers have a time limit?"

Whilst waiting for a reply Phylis pulled up her hood. "We're ready. Head to the outer door, I'll join you there."

To the last to arrive, a Silver Jedi Healer, Phylis offered a polite bow. "Welcome, Master, you're right on time. Hmm, we're just about to head to the dig site. I do hope that outfit washes well," she added.

It was raining outside, as always, so Phylis took up her tools and braced herself for the deluge.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
[member="Phylis Alince"], Nato’s mouth jiggled side to side, did Nato’s powers have a time-limit, well she didn’t know that, but she’d sure like to find out! Thinking of the memories she could nibble away on. Now she was excited. “Dunno” she said, mulling her idea much’ly. “Kinda like to know!” Bobbing of heads given, the Kiffar girl gave an excitable wave to [member="Maya Whitelight"] when she entered, and skedaddled away to change her clothes to be more suitable(boring).

First checking to make sure nobody was peeking, she slipped on away into another room. In fact she went to a lot of pains to hide her back implants since her surgery and breaking her back on Corsucant defending the republics senate those years ago. The fact she could change near strangers at all, and was brave enough, even in another room, was only down to her mum instilling a sense of pride back in her, and her caring so much for Nato giving her new confidence.

Thin dressed slipped out of, her leathers and strapped-t in its place, she pulled her hair down to her side, and walked out a new woman, leathered up, more practical and more looking like Sio’s child than ever, her boots gave the smallest squeak as she winked at a Jedi, but Jedi being often Jedi-like they didn’t wink back. Whatever.

Skedaddling back to catch up as soon as she could, always late!

[member="Mark Sage"] | [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Esvan Naa"] | [member="Maya Whitelight"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom