Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Knull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savoh Muska

S
Arthropoid_normal_07.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Knull
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: Korth IV
  • Language: Knull (Needs technology to speak other languages)
  • Average Lifespan: 250 years
  • Estimated Population: Scattered
  • Description: The Knull have a look to them that resembles a mantis quite a bit. Having large eyes with short antennas. Along with very complex mouths with many functioning parts. Other then that though they stand on two legs and have two arms. There body has plates of chitin around it, but spaced apart enough for good flexibility. Despite this they do have an internal skeleton. They would be scene wearing clothes in public.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1 And Type 2
  • Average height of adults: 1.8
  • Average length of adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Grey
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: Physically their quite different then many other species, like humans, given that their very similar to arthropods. The main thing that separates them from animals like insects if that their vertebrates. There's a minor difference in color between male and female. Especially as they age, males become darker and females become lighter. Similarly to individuals who live in high altitude climates with less air. Their able to breath fine in both climates with thicker or thinner atmospheres.
  • Races: N/A
  • Strengths:
  • Unity, having a weak but present hive mind link.
  • Smart, especially for a cave dwelling species
  • Weaknesses:
  • Naturally poor sight, needing to rely on technology
  • UV sensitive, being in sun light for too long can harm their eyes, antennas, and skin.
  • Arrogant
CULTURE
  • Diet: They are omnivores, but commonly eat a cave fungus found on there home world. Some flowers are toxic to them.
  • Communication: Vocal
  • Technology level: The Knull are pretty technologically advanced. mastering bio-engineering, and cybernetics
  • Religion/Beliefs: The Knull have little faith in the force and would rather do away with it. As a society they believe that they are very much superior to others. That its their god given right to conquer on the bases of culture.
  • General behavior: The Knull are a curious bunch having a knack to invent. But despite their curious nature their very prideful and look down on other species. Each member of Knull society often wanting to play their part for their species. As a society they have little interest in ones personal life as long as it's not countering the interests of their colony. This often means sympathizing with other species or trying to work against their colony. Only a few Knull adventure away from their colony for the rest of the galaxy. Severing the link to their already weak hive mind. The main interest of the Knull and their colonies is to dominate as much as they can and make nature bend to their will.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
In order to talk about the modern Knull we must speak of the original Knull. On the Moon of Korth IV lived Protists in underground cave ponds and lakes. There the Original Knull came about. Which were more of a maggot like with arms and legs. After making their own society they bread of more modern mantis like Knull with a very forceful evolution. They were pretty much better in every way to their predecessors eventually overthrowing the frail maggot like creatures and taking the title of the Knull for themselves. This was done in a bloody and swift revolt. Taking over their moon, and improving on the already made society for them. Understanding that there was a bigger world out their they built their first space elevator. Not much longer they were taking to the stars themselves.

First moving on to the other moons that orbited along theirs. Them moved to Conquering their system of Alpha Thracus and what other primitive species there were. Which they diligently took over and enslaved. Practically butchering all those they conquer with bio-engineered cybernetics. Turing them into weapons for further expansion. Only time will tell if they'll follow the same path of heir creators and perish under their own creations.

[member="Savoh Iaht"]

Hello there, I'll be overseeing this submission.

• Firstly, please link to the Wiki page as opposed to the image itself for the image credit: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Species
  • Can I get a little more information under description? Right now all that has been described is their faces. How many limbs do they have? Do they have any extra appendages? etc
  • Under Breathes, change "Thin Atmospheres" to Type 2.
  • I'm curious as to how they'd be able to breathe Type 1 atmospheres given the nature of their homeworld. Please explain or replace this with simply Type 2.
  • Please fill out the Distinctions section of the Template.
  • "Despite their negative views are outsiders they have a knack to invent." I don't understand the first half of this sentence. Please could you reword it to clarify what you mean?
  • You mention that they can do as they please in their social lives so long as they don't counteract the interests of the colony, yet you provide no examples of what the colony strives toward. Can I have some examples of their goals, of their every day life and interactions with one another.
  • Just as with the Planet, I feel as though the history is missing large gaps of information. I'd like to see a little more history, some pivotal moments in their growth as a species and a society. Key moments in history.

In addition to the above, the planet will need to be fully reviewed before this can move forward. Please tend to the requests above and mention me in a reply here when you're finished. We'll go from there.

Savoh Muska

S
[member=Asha Hex]

Okay, I worked on the things you've pointed out, let me know if there's more work that ought to be done.

• (Similarly to individuals who live in high altitude climates with less air. Their able to breath fine in both climates with thicker or thinner atmospheres.): Move this line over to Distinctions for me please.
  • Can I have one more weakness, please. The arrogance one feels more like a trait of the species as opposed to an actual weakness.
  • Regarding technology, choose two of the three things they're deemed masters at. They can still have a good handle on the third.
[member="Savoh Iaht"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom