Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Jorus Merrill Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: An awesome spacer playlist.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: The Merrill Tape
  • Format: Music
  • Distribution: Scattered (could be stumbled across throughout the Inner and Outer Rim)
  • Length: Medium (41:48)
  • Description: The long-gone explorer Jorus Merrill compiled his favourite spacer music into a tape that he often played on the Gypsymoth, the D'Lessio, the Gossamer, and the Wretched Hive over the years.

SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Various spacer musicians
  • Publisher: Various parties have duplicated the original tape for sale or to share.
  • Reception: Relatively well-received on Terminus, Nar Shaddaa, Zonju V, Tatooine, and the worlds of the Kathol Outback, as well as along the Mara Corridor. Greeted with general disdain in many other places that take themselves too seriously for Outer Rim spacer folk music.

FORMAT INFORMATION
A compilation of audio recordings.

CONTENT INFORMATION
  1. Some Kind of Hero (6:47) - "Two hundred alive in the Antelope's hold/And the captain, and Molly, and me..."
  2. Sam Jones (8:07) - "Damn this thing, my face plate's fogged, my sight's gone all to mist..."
  3. Dawson's Christian (4:44) - "No one living saw that battle though the fleet was quick to leave/When they reached the site, they found a scene no sane man could believe."
  4. Mazianni (3:38) - "We fought your fight, and we died in droves/In a rear-guard action with no rewards..."
  5. Space Oddity by Hadfield (5:30) - "Detach from station and may God's love be with you..."
  6. Guardians (3:57) - "He thought they might be angels, but they weren't like angels much/No wings, no robes, just plain grey spacer coveralls and such."
  7. Rocket Man (4:42) - "And all this science I don't understand/It's just my job five days a week."
  8. Finity's End (4:23) - "And no sun can hold us and keep us for long/For infinity's ours and infinity's free..."

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Jorus Merrill compiled this tape and shared it with a few friends up and down the Mara Corridor, the super-hyperlane that he and his wife Alna D'Lessio charted. It percolated through the Underground, then the Kathol Outback, then the Outer Rim Confederation and Outer Planets Alliance. At any given shadowport, you can hear someone with a stringed instrument; any such owner of a stringed instrument at a shadowport will probably know at least one of these songs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom