Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jedi Order Q&A

Lira Dajenn

L
Krest said:
Just cause I use force crush to shatter a few droids doesn't mean I'm going about slaughtering countless innocents. Judging before you know the facts.
OH MY GOD. ITS LIKE THE JEDI ARE PEOPLE, AND NOT INFALLIBLE KNOW IT ALL GODS.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Krest said:
Sounds more like you're punishing before the crime.
While it may seem that way, think of it differently when it comes to Sith. They have a gargantuan amount of evidence that no good comes of the dark side. There is nothing beneficial in the history of Star Wars that the dark side has ever accomplished, on a galactic-or non-individual basis. Dark siders seek power, and do it dangerously.

Are all dark siders bad? Inherently, no. But the dark side corrupts the area around it, the people. Temples of Sith made most sick, or fear. The dark side is not a yin to a yang, it's a disease. George Lucas even called it a 'cancer'. When he meant 'balance to the force' he meant 'as little dark side as possible'. Because, the dark side amplifies bad traits. Darth Vader, actually started out with good intentions - he wanted to save his wife, he wanted her to live, because he loved her. But at the same time, he had so much hatred, so much anger, that it corrupted him in the end, and he killed Jedi, on a colossal scale that hadn't been seen for thousands of years.

TLDR:

Dark side just isn't good.

You act like that would be common knowledge to all Jedi. Hell, the Galaxy didn't even know of the Rakata until like, 4000 BBY and even then it wasn't exactly common knowledge - and it was all but forgotten by the Clone Wars. Ancient history is just that, ancient, and 99.4% of everyone, Jedi included, wouldn't know who the Je'daii were beyond maybe the name at best.

After all, the word "Je'daii" is pretty common in regards to what multiple languages call the Jedi. I consider the Je'daii the cavemen of the Jedi - you probably know they existed, in some capacity, but only in the "they came before us" way of knowing. You wouldn't know of their organization, what they did, who they did it with. Nothing. Most would likely just assume that they were the same as the Jedi now.

When you stop using ancient history as a crutch, things make more sense.

You want to know why?

EU is a hot mess.

But in all seriousness, they exiled those who spent too long in the dark but only 'sent away' those of the Light to spend time with Dark for balance.

Word choice says a lot.

@[member="Krest"] Were the Je'daii darksiders, entirely, or lightsiders? You yourself said no. Thew were balanced. Those who were too close to one side were sent to the moon until they balanced back to a grey the order was comfortable with. Such, if I'm not mistaken, is, paraphrased, what you said when the jedi did a vote of no confidence. The Je'daii order was neutral. It was when darkness went unchecked that the Force Wars began.

And the above reminds me: Sense when does the Order have a vote of no confidence?

It technically doesn't outside the senate, but the writer felt it was necessary. While there's no precedent for it, there have been Jedi coups in the past - both of the Republic and their own council.

I'd take the Vote over the Coup.

Ak'lya said:
@[member="Krest"] Were the Je'daii darksiders, entirely, or lightsiders? You yourself said no. Thew were balanced. Those who were too close to one side were sent to the moon until they balanced back to a grey the order was comfortable with. Such, if I'm not mistaken, is, paraphrased, what you said when the jedi did a vote of no confidence. The Je'daii order was neutral. It was when darkness went unchecked that the Force Wars began.
That I have! But because they used both Light and Dark in balance, not devoid of either. 50% light, 50% dark. Not 100% neither x3 But that's what I got from reading it.

Alan

Krest said:
Doesn't exactly explain how the Je'daii were free from corruption as long as they were. Tens of thousands of years without any corruption until the Force Wars.
All it took was one individual, one tiny spark, to undo that. And to be honest, that whole storyline kind of contradicted the current view of the force, and further added to the confusion of the view of the force. The Je'daii, failed.

Revan, failed, in a way. He believed that both sides of the force should exist, but keep in mind that he himself was a light-side user.

The gray force, cannot exist for more than a set amount of time. The Je'daii achieved by balance by focusing on neither side entirely- Bogan and Ashlan, until they reached a balance. Their attempt at balance, like every organization that tries it's hand at balancing, failed, and they created the Jedi from their ashes.

Sarge Potteiger said:
You want to know why?

EU is a hot mess.

But in all seriousness, they exiled those who spent too long in the dark but only 'sent away' those of the Light to spend time with Dark for balance.

Word choice says a lot.
Je'daii who fell too far to either the light or darkness were exiled to one of the moons tomeditate until they returned to balance.

From the Wiki bro. Either was exiled to the corresponding moon to make them balanced.

Tracyn Ordo said:
All it took was one individual, one tiny spark, to undo that. And to be honest, that whole storyline kind of contradicted the current view of the force, and further added to the confusion of the view of the force. The Je'daii, failed.

Revan, failed, in a way. He believed that both sides of the force should exist, but keep in mind that he himself was a light-side user.

The gray force, cannot exist for more than a set amount of time. The Je'daii achieved by balance by focusing on neither side entirely- Bogan and Ashlan, until they reached a balance. Their attempt at balance, like every organization that tries it's hand at balancing, failed, and they created the Jedi from their ashes.

So.. Jedi are quitters.

Krest said:
rom the Wiki bro. Either was exiled to the corresponding moon to make them balanced.

Got mine from the Wiki too, just a different section, mate.

I ain't gonna bother quotin' it cause at this point it don't matter. Je'daii failed spectacularly and the Jedi only went down because of a brilliantly masterminded scheme by... YOU GUESSED IT - A DARK SIDE USER.

Alan

Krest said:
So.. Jedi are quitters.
No, the Jedi are the result of a failed attempt at a balance. The Old Republic Jedi saw this danger, of even meddling in the dark side. Nothing good comes from the dark side. It is seductive, tempting, and ultimately destructive to the user. Look at the physical harm it does to a person, Darth Malgus was a pale, bald, disgusting mess.

Even my character, Tracyn, became twisted. His hair turned dark, he became more savage, and he was more of a brute than ever before. It's dangerous, and it's very hard to overcome.

And I suggest we stop, because this is detracting from the original topic idea.

Sarge Potteiger said:
Got mine from the Wiki too, just a different section, mate.

I ain't gonna bother quotin' it cause at this point it don't matter. Je'daii failed spectacularly and the Jedi only went down because of a brilliantly masterminded scheme by... YOU GUESSED IT - A DARK SIDE USER.

Those who delved too deep into the dark side were exiled to Bogan, where they were instructed to meditate on the light side and the bright moon of Ashla. On the other hand, those Je'daii who clung to the light side over the Balance were sent to Ashla, where they meditated on the darkness of Bogan to bring themselves back into balance.

Another quote. Just sayin.

Tracyn Ordo said:
No, the Jedi are the result of a failed attempt at a balance. The Old Republic Jedi saw this danger, of even meddling in the dark side. Nothing good comes from the dark side. It is seductive, tempting, and ultimately destructive to the user. Look at the physical harm it does to a person, Darth Malgus was a pale, bald, disgusting mess.

Even my character, Tracyn, became twisted. His hair turned dark, he became more savage, and he was more of a brute than ever before. It's dangerous, and it's very hard to overcome.

And I suggest we stop, because this is detracting from the original topic idea.
It's discussing a question I had for the Jedi Order in order to understand more as to why you're such Zealots x3

>light side SENT to Ashla
>dark side EXILED to Bogan

You just quoted my passage for me. Thanks. Now, once again, Tracyn is right. This isn't even a Q&A at this point, it's you trying to tell a Jedi we should go neutral because ancient history we don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom