Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jedi Order: Proclamation of Peace

Meru Spaceport, Deneba.
1hr Later.

EUeok1v.png

Time had passed and the hour was up.

"Alright everyone, it's time we got a move on...-We've got a bit of a hike before we reach our destination yet".

Veiere Arenais glanced over the group, those whom had made their way down to the Meru Spaceport and eventually joined with the others. Some later than the rest yet by the time the hour had passed them by, they'd all managed to catch up in the end. Within the settlement, those with the credits had been able to purchase supplies for whatever their reasons, Veiere going the distance to ensure they all had hydro to keep them hydrated for the venture that was to come.

"This planet has quite the warm climate I'm afraid. It won't be easy for all of us here but stay vigilant and we shall make the journey. Fortunate it seems the mountain will provide us with some shade.." He gestured to Mount Meru of which had cast a dark cloud over the spaceport and community hub.

This little stroll across the barren side of the mountain would see them led to a former resting place of the Jedi of the Galactic Republic, though before they found whatever remained of the place since the defiance of the old One Sith Empire, they needed to overcome the wild and merciless natural glow that hung over the drifting orb, that of which was showered in the great heat of Deneba's sun, the temperature reflected from the small glass specks of sand and solid terrain.

"Now that we're finally on the move I suppose I should elaborate as to why we've come here..." Veiere soon announced, the group leaving the outskirts of the smaller settlement and heading for the rock giant in the not so distant horizon, "The Enclave of Deneba was a place of study and living for those like us. It was left in a crippled state yet with the way of the Galaxy, the Council has decided it's worth investigating. For those of you Students who are with us, this is to be something of a historical retreat. To go and stand where others before you have given their lives and acted with true integrity in the face of darkness that sought to pull them down. It's my hope you will appreciate the honor...".

"As for the group as a whole, we will be searching for any sign that the Enclave can be repaired and used for the Order's future living. Not only that but anything left behind by our fellow brethren is worth looking over. Who's to say what state the place has been left in...-I want you all to keep an open and level head as we get closer...-It's been a great many years since the battle struck this land and yet out in the field, on an assignment, even the best laid plans can go awry".

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Cassius Droma"]

Jagen Wren

J
Jagen waved his hand and moderately-flat rock hovered over the ground till it too was placed next to the brazier. The Jedi Knight sat down, his lightsabers clanking lightly against his utility belt as he did so. "I don't know much about the guidance of the Force, I've experienced it but I don't understand it." Jagen began, setting down his pack on the ground next to him "But it chose the perfect place at the perfect time. A man by the surname of Arenais has given life to the Jedi Order once more, different from those other militaristic societies."

The man stared down at his gloved hands, dusting the sand from the crevices between the material. "He's brought those, the current and next generation of Jedi Knights, who have joined it here, on some 'Praxeum' vessel." He paused, grabbing the electrobinoculars from knapsack; panning around until he saw, to put it into terms, a large mob heading for the mountain. "Apparently they are going to cleanse the temple's ruins of Sith influence, after the conflict here during the days of the Old Republic."

He waited patiently for the tea to brew before receiving a cup and taking a cautious sip.

"We might need more tea."

[member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
After some light shopping, and eating, Tin'tinag had made their way to Meru Spaceport, eager to get underway with the expedition, a little bit later then other but soon the trek was underway. She was not bothered by the warm claimant, the reddish planet and warmth being similar to Ryloth, and much less hot then Mustafa, still it was no reason not keep check even now and then, not everyone in the group was like her.

She crossed her arms and leaned up against and edge as master [member="Veiere Arenais"] explained their reasoning for coming here. It was interesting in some regard, though she could not help but snigger a little at the part about standing against darkness. If she had not left the First Order she might have been that darkness, it kind of felt ironic.

'Hmm anything working, that could be interesting', she had seen thing over hundreds of years old function fine, surely thing less then a century old should still work, you know forgetting about the attack and everything, which made her think a bit, what happened if there were still some sort of dark presence. It would not be surprising if some fanatic dark side group had taken up residence in the old place.

IoUERcb.png
M A E R D O C I A N S E C T O R
D E N E B A S Y S T E M
P E A C E T A L K S
She beckoned with her head, as she walked passed [member="Cassius Droma"] "Ready?" She'd showcase a smirk before entering the room after the leadership. She took her position on the opposite side of the room, with her back coming to face the viewport, and where she could observe both parties equally. She swayed to her left, shifting her weight towards that leg while her hand found support on her hip; a common stance for her.

"Our objective is to simply observe. Whatever the issues, they're to be handled diplomatically only and by the respective parties involved." She glanced over at Cassius, "We're here to make sure things roll over smoothly. Believe me...there are far more exciting things I'd rather being doing." She gave a little insight into how interesting these things could get...

Her head whipped around for a temporary gaze at the reaches of space...the entire situation sounded bizarre. There were holes in this story that made her ponder the circumstances over and over. While the Collective were the ones to reach out for assistance, it would be easy to assume a side, but neutrality was of extreme importance. Given the current state of the Order, if this were to erupt into chaos and the Jedi were involved, it would have devastating effects.

Caution.

She turned back around as the mumbling ceased, it was signal that the inaugural meeting was beginning. She titled her head downward a bit, her hair sliding from her shoulders and hanging just on the side of her face.

Hmm.

-----------------

Bickering had ensued between both parties, a sudden cast of blame and aggression had forced the talks to go left.

"You raid our ships!" The Director of the Collective rose to his feet and planted the palms of his hands against the surface of the only barrier keeping them separate from one another. His head snapped over to the Jedi, "Master Jedi couldn't you just arrest these pirates for their crimes!?"

"So much for observing..." she stated under her breath before stepping closer to the end of the conference table. "Director, I don't have that type of authority. The Jedi and the Commenori Government have an agreement that keeps us both in a state of neutrality. Even if that weren't the case...there simply isn't enough evidence provided to make such allegations and sanction those arrests."

For her to step in on such an issue would jeopardize the security of the Order. "So we do nothing! What use are you?!"

"Corporate scum! We're here for the people, and without us they'd starve to death because of people like you!" Oren Phet, the supposed charismatic hero and visionary leader of the Freeholders responded in the ensuing argument.

Her eyes twitched when she heard the response from Phet, "Starving...?" her thoughts became her own, and suddenly she took an interest in the situation and his stance within in as more things were revealed. "You're angry...I get it. I can see how the circumstances are unfortunate for both parties. Director, your options are to either petition the Government again to possibly get the authorities involved to investigate or you can cease your trade with Commenor altogether."

She offered her insight into the situation, but just then there was massive turbulence as the ship shook and forced her into imbalance. Immediately the room began to flicker in a red light as the alarms went off.

She looked around, before turning and seeing a reasonably sized fleet attack their vessels.

"Wha...?"

Her head whipped back around, "We're under attack!"

| [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

The Jedi had been granted an hour to do as they wished, some of the time was wasted by Vlarem just reaching the planet. With the rest of it the Falleen went about collecting sand from the surrounding area, the heat of the sun beat down on the Falleen, but his orgins were reptilian, not mammalian like many of the others present as such the heat meant little to Vlarem, in fact the man felt comforted by it. Though too much of it would become uncomfortable. Gathering up three jars of sand Vlarem held one of the jars up to the star above where he was better able to examine it. There were numerous species of fauna that could be grown in sand despite the fact that the substance was dreadful when it came to retaining water. Shaking the jar and finding himself satisfied with the results Vlarem slid them into a satchel.

The gathering of sand had taken no more than a few minutes to gather and with plenty of time left to relax Vlarem laid down on a rock. The heat of Deneba’s star had heated the rock to the point where perhaps another would’ve been burned or instantly leaped off the rock but Vlarem laid back, hands behind his head the Falleen dozed off into a listless sleep that ended far too soon as the group started to move out. Sleep still evident on his face Vlarem yawned following the ground. Listening to the historical significance of the world was always something that brought a bit of enjoyment to a situation, especially to hear someone else’s versions of the event. There were very few historical sites still left in the galaxy, numerous battles had been waged and if every planet a war had been waged on was giving historical significance there would never be a reason to learn.

“What do you intend to find out here besides dirt and sand Master Veiere? If the enclave was attacked long ago wouldn’t it be commonplace for it have been ransacked after the Jedi left? Or do you know of something among the ruins that you’ve yet to tell us about?” Once again Vlarem showed himself to be one of those that questioned the Grandmaster, not out of disrespect, in fact, it was the opposite. Vlarem respected Veiere and that’s why he wished to know more about how the Master thought, why he acted in the way he did. In a galaxy full of militant Jedi what had made Veiere take a different path, what was this mentality? “There is always the potential for danger when one is a Jedi, I am sure all of the other apprentices and knights know this by now.”

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Cassius Droma"]

Nanna nodded excitedly as [member="Alexandra Feanor"] mentioned joining the others, and turned to toddle along beside her. "Yeah! I'm really looking forward to seeing this planet! So many new things!" She kept up with the taller woman as best as she could, more than eager to get off the metal monster, well, what she'd been told was called a ship. The young Beorni then picked up her gaze to look up at Alexandra, pondering for a moment on the question she'd been asked. "Well..." she reached up to hold onto the crystal pendant that hung around her fluffy neck, "I do miss Mums... and this "ship" is a bit of a maze. But I think im doing okay. Its just going to take some time to adjust.. that's all." She smiled sheepishly.

"We might need more tea."

Arabi had been passing two men when one of them said it. The Cathar woman gave a small laugh and covered her mouth. She had spent most of the hour getting a few medical supplies no one might have thought to bring such as blister ointment, burn cream, and extra cloth to wrap things. It had not taken long. Since her return, she had simply been off to the side meditating and getting a feel for this planet. She didn't know anyone here yet and was feeling a little nervous about getting to know so many new faces.

As Veiere Aranais had spoken, she had made sure her pack was balanced, her extra layers of robes packed away, and her long hair tied up and out of her way. Thus prepared, she had started to follow the Master so many knew. And passed by the two men.

@jagan wren [member="Tiland Kortun"]

Those golden eyes opened after meditation. The red dusted wind blew past her as she stood up slowly. The healer smiled as she looked towards a seemingly random direction. The people on the bulk freighter she bartered passage for thought she was crazy but they enjoyed the meals she made. That was how she paid for passage was by being their cook. The brown hair shook as she recalled how awful the kitchen was. It took her three days to get it sufficiently clean to do any real cooking. The journey from there was uneventful and peaceful. A few supplies and her trek to the direction the Force set her on was set.

Something was out here. Danuae wasn't sure but the sight during meditation gave a bit of snippet of long ago events. These snippets were not very telling but it did solidify that she needed to head in this direction. Mount Meru they called it when she asked an outpost what was in that direction. They said old ruins were out there from Jedi in the past. There were also ruins of some conflict and war. These words by those of the outpost coincided with the images she received. Danuae stayed long enough to provide medical care and healing for the outpost. She left at dawn for Mount Meru on foot with supplies for the journey.

Danuae was not ignorant of the dark energies but there was also an overlapping something else. All these energies told a story. That story like any other place of significance weighed heavy on the force of the area. The closer she got, the more it became prevalent. The healer was also a seer. That's what they told her before she went into hibernation. It seemed each step she took, the story of the place would send tendrils of connection points to see, to feel. This could be a daunting task and so she took several small breaks. Was she just here to see these events? Or was there something to heal?

Healing was an ambiguous word that had several layers of meaning. Most would take the common thought of healing of a body. There were some that knew it also meant the mind also, emotions and sooth the spirit. Even fewer was aware of other types of healing of energy points, centers of a person's spirit and soul. Then there were the more ambiguous types. Danuae has only begun to touch on those. Spirits of places, souls trapped in their last memories and even the planets themselves.

A few days later she was further up the mountain trails. Now the young lady Jedi did not know where she was going or what she was doing but something was over there somewhere. She found solace in the sparse foliage. Hardy shrubs that were rather interesting. The wood was marked pretty and it had an interesting scent. She made a speculative sound as her head tilted to the side as a delicate finger caressed the tips of the scraggly looking shrub. Its leaves was very pungent as to what few where on the plant. Danuae sat on a rock as she pulled her pack off and sat down on a rock to sketch the shrub and make notations. She would snip little samples to fold into the journal. The Jedi Healer was even humming a happy little tune. Her head came up as she felt something new, others. It was a precursory feel only. She then turned back to her sketching and continued the detailed drawing of the shrub. After all, she was not in any kind of big hurry.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Jagen Wren"] @Nanna [member="Cambria Zadira"] [member="Tin'tinag"] @Vlarem [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

[member="Arabi Cordelle"] [member="Jagen Wren"]

-------------

Tiland nodded, listening as the man spoke. He nodded and then paused as he said they might need more tea. Tiland merely nodded, searching through his bag and pulling out another thermos of hot water and a package of leaves that he crumbled into the pot of water. Steam rose up into the air.

"Arenais, you say?" Tiland said after a moment. "Is his first name Veiere, by any chance?" He stirred the tea-water, listening as somebody else appeared. A Cathar, by the look of it. He called out to this newcomer.

"Well met, traveler!" He sensed a presence of the Force about her. "Another Jedi, yes? Always a pleasure." He cleared his throat and stroked his beard, considering, turning back to Jagen.

"I am not sure that I can characterize the other Jedi as militaristic societies or the Jedi as needing life brought back." He took a drink of tea and settled down onto his rock. "The Jedi are ancient and for all of our history, we have been warriors." He picked up a stone and turned it in his palm, studying it. "Such is the way of the Force. Light and Dark, life and death. We have always fought against the Dark. For nine centuries, I watched the struggle ebb and flow. At times, one surges above the other, but the Force regains its balance. And as living things fight to struggle, so do the users of Light and Dark. As long as Jedi and Sith existed, we have warred against each other. "

He took another long drink of tea, savoring the taste of tea. "But Master Arenais is a good man, who cares deeply for the Jedi, and that I respect."

[member="Romi Jade"] asked if he was ready, and he raised an eyebrow as he turned to face the direction she was headed in. “I suppose so,” he quietly sounded off as he trailed after her. He stood next to her, just off to the side, making sure that he’d draw the least amount of attention. His eyes did steady scans of the room, as if he were searching for any signs of foul play.

She further explained their role to him, and he nodded. “I’ll just follow your lead,” he said, keeping his voice low. “These are my first peace talks.” There had been a lot of ‘firsts’ for Cassius over the past few weeks. First formal lightsaber training sessions and meditation sessions, first time on a ship as large as the Providence, and now, his first mission with a high-ranking member of the Jedi Order. Romi mentioned that she’d rather be doing something more exciting, to which he also nodded, but privately thought that to him, this was actually kind of exciting. The fate of two small factions were going to be decided right in front of them.

--------

Things got argumentative pretty quick, because of course they did. When the Director of the Collective got up, Cassius unassumingly uncrossed his arms, his right hand hovering close to his blaster. He wasn’t exactly worried that the prim and proper representatives of the Collective would do anything too rash – he was more worried about retaliation from the pirates on the other end of the table. His blaster was currently set to stun, but he was hoping it wouldn’t even come to that.

Both sides made sense, to Cassius. That is, if they were both telling the truth. If the people that the Freeholders claimed to assist actually were starving, as he put it, then extreme measures were bound to be taken. However, outright stealing, raiding, and harming others just to serve your own interests was selfish. The Freeholders could have asked for assistance from Commenor, or the Jedi Order, or any of the other surrounding major factions that would have more than enough resources to donate, but instead they chose to go with piracy.

Romi intervened as much as she could, refusing to outright arrest the pirates without evidence, and giving the Collective an ultimatum when the accusation of starving the people came to light. Just as she was saying her last words, Cassius got a strange feeling in the back of his neck, as if he were suddenly apprehensive for no reason. He used to call it his pilot’s intuition, as it had been able to warn him of pirate attacks in the past with supernatural timing, but in recent weeks, he had come to know it as the Force telling him something was about to happen.

Just as he turned back to the viewport, he could see a fleet snap in out of hyperspace and immediately begin firing on them. The laser hits rocked their vessel, and Cassius steadied himself on the bulkhead, his other hand drawing his blaster. He looked between both parties to see if one of them was behind the attack, but didn’t see either of them make any sort of moves just yet. Cassius came to a very quick conclusion – there was no way they could survive an attack from a full fleet of ships if they stayed there.

“We have to get back to the shuttle!” Cassius yelled over the roaring of the alarm and rumbles that shook the ship. He tugged briefly on Romi’s arm before heading towards the door. A small shuttle they brought with them was in the hangar bay, and would hopefully be undamaged when they got there. He knew that he could pilot them out of there as long as they could get to it.

ZypPFn6.png
D E N E B A S Y S T E M
"Those ships don't look...wait are tho-" Her voice echoed internally, her thoughts racing to analyze as much as she could before she felt [member="Cassius Droma"] tug at her arm.

Turbulence.

When she turned back around she noted the expression on everyones face; there wasn't one "We hav-" before she could pronounce anything she lost her balance again, having the durasteel flooring yanked from under her almost. She caught herself, gripping onto the edge of the conference table to leverage herself. Regaining herself she looked up and noticed Oren Phet holding a blaster up to the Director and his two other representatives. She reached a hand out but once again the ship shook with more and more strength forcing them all into a state of imbalance.

A blaster round sounded off.

Phet had fallen backwards and his blaster went off by accident. His reaction was of general shock when he found that he indeed had killed the Director. Smoke fuming from the wound in his chest. "Ki...Kill them all!" he sounded before his party began to pull their own weapons. Snap-hiss, Romi ignited her weapon with the flick of her thumb. The scarlet blade, with its white core sprung to life as she swung the blade down, slicing through the barrel of the pistol before she got low and spun around with her leg to sweep the pirate off his feet with a kick in rapid succession.

Jumping back up, she took to batting off spare blaster rounds as she became the target. By this time there was only one representative left of the Directors party; A Togrutan woman who was much to scared to make a run for it. "Cassius! Get her and lets get to the shuttle. Now!" Because right now she had every reason to think the Freeholders were behind the attacks, a picture that showed the Director and his Collective as innocent had just been painted. However, it all still seemed odd. Giving the two of them time to exit, Romi titled her free hand at angle, using the Force she subtly pulled a chair backwards from the table and into the pirates weapon arm to throw off his aim. Then she pushed off her back foot and slid across the conference table towards the door, landing just at the entrance in a crouched position. Stepping just outside the door she slammed the pummel of her hilt into the panel besides the door, jamming the door after he shut close.

"You said you could pilot a ship right? We've gotta get to Deneba." She glanced over at Cassius, while striding down the corridor of the merchant ship.

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | @[member='Ar'ekk']

The larger of the students, [member="Vlarem"] soon questioned a point of their venture for which Veiere has considered himself. After so many years since the last great battle upon Deneba, yes he had expected raiders and scavengers of all kinds to have come looking for anything they could get their hands on. More likely than these vagrant exiles however were the Sith and those of the pursuit of power, let alone the possibility that other Jedi had already come to save what had been left over from the tragedy of the Republic's decline.

"It's true, we may find nothing at all...-At the least we will be paying our respects to those who fell before us. The venture remains a worth while cause as it represents the struggle that all Jedi Knights and yes, even our older students may likely come to face in the future. The fight against oppression and malice towards the good of all peoples..."

Veiere had no claim to the secrets of the Deneba Enclave. He had been there lest times than could be counted upon the one hand and it was still early days for him in rejoining the Galactic Republic's Jedi Order when he had ventured here. His leave of Exile only to enter back into duty with them had left him rather uneasy about witnessing the state of the Order that he had served for several decades prior to his fall. He'd spent more time reading within their Archives than anywhere else on the desert planet, the interaction that he'd had with others was few though he remembered [member="Dune Rhur"], a Jedi Knight at the time who he shared discussion with on odd occasions.

Their long trek would take some time yet, though Meru station had been closer than any other settlement to the Jedi Enclave, the scenery was to do them well that they might feel the warmth of a new world under their feet, the long time spent aboard the Praxeum Vessel having taken it's toll. Yutan was meant to be their home, yet that had been removed of any encouragements when [member="Lady Kay"] had told Veiere of the governments wish to deny them. It had come with it's own set of positives and negatives, it had prompted Veiere to begin considering alternatives, temporary safe-houses so to speak, that their numbers might one day grow and they be able to fill the enclaves and temples they had restored over time. Deneba was to be one of these places. An enclave restored by their people, for their use however and whenever they wished it.

"Deneba is but one of several worlds I hope for us to visit and seek to restore. It's a place of prominent purpose to that of the Jedi Order before us and in time, with it's revitalization we will be able to make use of it for living and sustenance. I don't plan on us forever living aboard the Providence, We can use the great vessel for long term travels but living is best done upon good soil and though Deneba's fairly warmer than most, It will serve us as a future place of learning...".

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Danuae Verdegrande"] | [member="Arabi Cordelle"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

Jagen Wren

J
Jagen turned his head, considering [member="Arabi Cordelle"] before nodding with a kind smile on the man's face.

The bearded man before him began to speak, prompting Jagen to turn his attention. Once he had finished, the middle-aged Jedi Knight summoned a stick into his palm and began drawing around in the sand and dirt. "Yes...war...I remember it quite well. I have been a Jedi for sixteen years, before that I was a Mandalorian." He spoke dryly "Five years ago I had exiled myself to a planet much like this, all in a futile attempt to avoid war, a coward."

Jagen stopped, swiping his leg over the ground to erase his creations. "Those years I spent waiting, training, watching. I learned much more in those five years than I did in my ten as a padawan. The darkness that I ran from came to me, something called a 'Ren' wiping out a village of innocents for sick pleasure."

A saddened look spread across his features, the pain of the memory evident enough.

[member="Tiland Kortun"]

Her ears perked upat the hailing of Tiland. Since she had made it, she felt she could finally sit and rest. She wasn't winded, a tribute to her body being in a well honed shape. Arabi wasn't bulky but muscle definition could definitely be seen on her exposed arms. She smiled at the two men and took a seat with them.

"Well met. From what in have read in my studies, even before what we all are was defined, we fought each other. We recognized the wrongness of darkness within them and they recognized our weakness of not desiring power. It feels almost inevitable that we shall continue fighting each other well into our children's future and we shall never know peace. Granted, it's far more complicated and infinitely fascinating to watch the trend of fighting between the light and the dark through out the ages but as a healer, I have to say that the loss of life seems so vast and such a waste. But maybe Master Arenais is hoping to keep loss of life to a minimum. He seems like he wants to capture something from history but I am unsure of what exactly. A talisman? A concept? A record of something to teach us?"

She paused. They had not asked her opinion, yet she felt the desire to give one and had without a second thought. Her ears dipped, nervous that she might have offended the two men with her forwardness.

"I...I...I'm Arabi Cordele. Jedi Knight." She stammered by way of some kind of explanation to both of them . "And apparently I had an opinion." She said laughing at herself a bit.

[member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Jagen Wren"]

The ship rocked violently, causing the leader of the Freeholders to kill the Director of the Collective, but despite the accident, the pirates seemed content to murder the rest of them as well. [member="Romi Jade"] sprang into action, and Cassius raised his blaster to fire a few shots in order to give suppressing fire. He should have taken out his lightsaber and held it some intricate stance like a good Jedi, but he knew that due to his lack of training and the ship shaking all over the place, he was bound to stab himself or someone else… that was, someone that didn’t need to be stabbed.

Romi fended off the pirates as she gave him the order to scoop up the last of the Director’s party. He nodded, although he knew she wouldn’t see it, and slid over to the woman who was crouched behind a table to avoid the blaster fire. “Hey, come with me…” Cassius began, but the catatonic Togruta woman suddenly started hitting and clawing at him, screaming, obviously traumatized by what was going on. She was weak, however, and not doing any kind of damage. With a sigh, Cassius switched his blaster back to its stun setting and placed it directly against her stomach before pulling the trigger. With a quick zap, she slumped over, unconscious. Cassius quickly picked her up and threw her over his shoulder in something akin to a flame-fighter’s carry, using the crook his arm to hold her leg while his left hand held her wrist in place. His right hand was free to aim his blaster.

Cassius ran for the door, knowing that Romi wouldn’t be far behind. With the door behind them jammed, Cassius only felt mild relief, but there was still the fact that the ship was falling apart around them. A console to their left sparked, Cassius turning slightly to make sure nothing got into his eyes. He nodded as Romi asked about his piloting skills. “Well, I’m no ace, but I can get us out of here, I’m sure of it,” he said. The ship they had brought was fast and durable, and although he was mostly experienced with starfighters, he knew enough about pirate tactics to dodge their turbolaser fire.

The shields must have gone down right as they got to the hangar, because pylons had started to fall with loud clangs and the violent shakes almost got to the point where it was hard to keep moving. Eventually, though, they managed to reach their transport: an older model Incom UT-60D U-wing. The door slid open for them, and Cassius more or less threw the still unconscious Togruta woman into one of the center seats. “You might want to secure her,” he said to Romi before climbing up into the pilot’s seat. No time for pre-flight checks or any of the normal procedures for take-off; the moment the door had been secured shut and Romi was seated, he pushed on the ventral thrusters, giving them probably two meters of elevation before punching the forward thrusters. They blasted out of the hangar and into space as a large support beam crashed where the ship had been only moments before.

Cassius immediately pitched up and rolled so that they were facing the opposite direction of where they had come out of the hangar. A small pirate starfighter was in his direct path, and he blasted it with their laser cannons. Other starfighters and bombers took note of this and started to fire at them. Cassius kept close to the ship they had just exited in order to give them some cover as he tried to dodge all of the starfighters coming their way. Meanwhile, he began to punch in the coordinates for Deneba – since they were in the same system, it was pretty simple, and they would most likely get there within a matter of minutes at lightspeed.

Just as he punched in the last number and placed his hand on the hyperspace handle, one of the interceptors chasing them launched a concussion missile. It exploded prematurely right next to their dorsal starboard engine, and while their shields absorbed some of the blow, it lurched the ship forward. Cassius cursed under his breath as his body strained against the crash webbing, but his hand was locked to the hyperspace handle. He immediately pushed it forward, and the ship snapped into hyperspace.

It was always strangely quiet in the moment right when one entered hyperspace – the dark, bespectacled outside world was exchanged for one of energetic blue waves. Cassius sat back in the seat and sighed. “Well…” he breathed out as he looked over to Romi. “That was fun.”

desert_city_by_artek92-d79tuid.jpg

jediparagraphseparator.png

After the long trek they had made from the settlement of Meru below near the base of the mountain, the group finally emerged within sight of the great Jedi Enclave. Those few figures that had already arrived would have been able to turn and notice them all now as they made their approach, Veiere himself glancing to the visitors who had gotten there first with a studious and questioning glance before his eyes finally landed upon that of [member="Tiland Kortun"]; an older member among the former Jedi Order than Veiere himself was, Master Kortun was also among those who had come to the conclave called not by Jedi but those of faith in the Force that they might encourage unity within the light of the Force for the Galaxy once again. This congregation that the two shared in common later become known as the remnant Church of the Force.

"This is most unexpected..." Veiere bowed to Tiland before then turning to look upon [member="Jagen Wren"] and [member="Arabi Cordelle"], offering a faint yet warm smile and nodding to them in further acknowledgement and greeting. "What perhaps could have called you three to this place, I wonder" his question however sounding rhetorical and suggestive as his gaze once again landed on Master Kortun and he simply grinned knowing the old sages affinity within the force, for which timing was always circumstantial and better left without question.

"Well my friends...-Students, Masters both..." He turned to look across the group that had accompanied him, the followers and seekers of enlightenment and service to the Galaxy and to the Force through the path of the Jedi Order; he was proud to see them all standing before him especially here on this venture. "Welcome to the Enclave of Deneba...-For which admittedly looks better than I had expected, though do not take it for granted, we know not what awaits us within".

"Students, I would have you all group under Masters of your choosing that we don't lose anyone as we move on ahead. I very much wish to see what has been left behind in the wake of the Jedi that once lived here, however it would not surprise me were our group not be the first nor the last to come looking for things to salvage around these parts...-Let us take our time and care from here, hm?".

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Danuae Verdegrande"] | [member="Arabi Cordelle"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Nanna"]

Alexandra smiled as she heard the words and looked down at the small creature. With a voice that continued its soft tone she spoke, hoping that it was enough to ease the younger one.

"Think of the maze like a game, trying to find the exits and the room so that you may be able to move through the ship whenever you want and where ever you want. Plus I am certain the garden is more than a suitable place for you to come to if you need to be around the spirits... though I think you may want to get to the surface, no?" Her head made a small tilt towards the hall, knowing the hanger would not be far.

She could sympathize with the younger one, remembering what it felt like to leave the home she had known and how long it took for her to be comfortable around others. Instead this one was thrust into that place and knew a life with more than just the Order. She wondered if it was a good idea to bring someone with such significant ties into the Jedi, knowing her own situation is questionable at best and this young ones could be easily broken if they were not careful. The path is hard when you are attached and connected to people in a significant way already.

She would continue to wonder this as they walked, reaching the hanger and taking a moment before seeing a ship about to leave with more than enough room for the two of them. "It looks like we are just in time, after you Nanna."

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
The trek may have been length but she had dealt with worse, and more hostile jounces, though having a speeder of some sort on hand would have been nice, but one could not be too picky, or fortunate. Upon reaching their destination she was not as surprised as [member="Veiere Arenais"] to note the other Jedi already present, monks, exiles, if there was a place someone could go to escape the galactic affairs it would always have some sort of occupant present. Even Jedi, as she had met before, could be found in the most remote or unlikely places.

Soon everyone was gathered and preparing to explore the complex, true, it was in better condition the originally though, perhaps the Sith didn't care about destroying it on the ever expanding empire and had just left it to rot, or wanted to come back but never got that chance. What ever the case it was still standing, which meant goodies or all sorts, working or not, which was one thing Tin'tinag could very much get behind any day, even if there was a little bit of danger present.

"Id like to be pared with master @Cambria Zadria,if that is alright" it may have been a bit obvious but she still more comfortable with the of Twi'lek, though at some point she'd have to make more fiends, perhaps that would happen later as the exploration continued.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] l [member="Cassius Droma"] l [member="Arabi Cordelle"] l [member="Jagen Wren"] l [member="Romi Jade"] l [member="Tiland Kortun"] l [member="Danuae Verdegrande"] l [member="Vlarem"]

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Tin'tinag"] [member="Arabi Cordelle"] [member="Jagen Wren"]
-----------------------

Tiland nodded, listening as the Knight spoke her mind, hmming on a few of her comments. "Indeed, you have an opinion, once in which I happen to share." He poured another cup of hot water, allowing it to steep. "Well met." He settled more comfortably on his rock, scanning the landscape around them. A smile spread across his face.

"Ah! I do believe the rest of the party shall be joining us." He set out the rest of his cups and settled back, watching, while his beard and mustache twitched, as if he was hiding a smile, until Veriere finally appeared. In answer to his question, Tiland shrugged, and stood.

"I am always precisely where I need to be at the moment I intend to be." He raised an eyebrow at the younger man. "I am more surprised to see you here?" He offered out a cup of tea. "And yet, the tea is still perfectly steeped."

He stepped aside and bowed to the larger group. "Welcome, friends. Please, come and drink. The tea is ready. It shall clear your mind and invigorate your bodies. I know not what trials lie in the temple, but surely there shall be some."

fNWwUA6.png
D E N E B A S Y S T E M
D E N E B A
Her eyebrow rose at his remark, she settled into her seat after the jump to hyperspace. "Fun?" she chuckled, before standing to her feet and releasing a breath. "I'm sure there's going to be more of it..." She rolled her eyes at the notion, before leaning against the entrance to the cockpit.

"That was some impressive flight work there...I've never been much of a pilot myself but..." she smirked, "That was some of the best I've seen...thank you." she beckoned forward with her head to display her respect. She turned to looked over the Togrutan woman they brought with them...staring at her unconscious form she began to wonder as she felt something in the pit of her stomach.

"She stays with us until we're able to brief the Council on the situation. I'm afraid this isn't the last we'll hear of this..." her eyes twitched, and then formed a glare. "Something is just off..." her thoughts formulated in her head.

Her head whipped back around, and the irises of her eyes became filled with the warped images of the hyperspace trail.

-------

D E N E B A

From the co-pilots seat, "They should've arrived by now, so we should be good to go." she punched a few buttons, but referring to the other members of the Order. "We'll bring the Chairwoman in with us...and we'll have an audience with the Council. It's probably best we relay everything that happened as soon as possible and so you'll be my witness..."

She turned and smirked, shrugging her shoulders "Sounds fun doesn't it?" She stood up and exited the cockpit.

She'd sent word ahead of time to [member="Veiere Arenais"] in hopes that he would be expecting them. Before long, she was already descended the ramp as it was released and began to lower for them to exit the shuttle. Immediately she was met with a cool breeze which whipped her hair across her back.

Stepped foot on the surface, she witnessed the abandonment of the enclave immediately before she saw the minor damage the ship suffered during their brief engagement. With her hands on her hips, she squinted to block out the glare of the sun.

Hmph

"Alright...where is everyone?"

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Jagen Wren"] | [member="Nanna"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Vlarem"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member='Ar'ekk']

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom