Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hardest Thing A Jedi Can Ever Do (Official Summit Of ALL Masters)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"No objections, Grandmaster," said Je'gan quietly. "But one question. I've heard tell of a great deal of discontent among the Order, towards people like Jaxton Ravos and Boolon Murr who have recently left the Order on grounds of principle. I wanted to know if you had a stance I could pass along to those who ask."

Josh listened patiently as Ben Watts spoke... Because, well, the Wu Tang is law. He nodded in agreement at what he was saying, including when he went after him and Syn for their tension between one another, to which he agreed with a simple "Yes, Grandmaster" in understanding.

Josh listened as Ben gave his take on everything that Syn had done, things that Josh both knew about... And some, such as the Aleidis incident, he did NOT know about... He held his breath, not interrupting, just letting Ben speak.

And then Ben mentioned filing a motion for possibly removing Syn from the Council... And the breath left Josh's lungs. He had, though he hadn't said it, hoped that now that Ben was back and Syn's leadership was back in check, Syn would have gotten probation or some other slap on the wrist, and things would be back to normal.

But... That was it. He was filing a motion to remove Syn as a part of the Jedi Council. Inside, Josh knew it was the best decision... But his heart broke a bit as he listened, in pity. He sighed. He looked at Syn as he got up to leave, the remorse and sadness flowing through Josh again both in his face, and in the Force, to where even Syn could see it. All Josh had wanted was the end of this leadership problem, and had hoped that the other Masters could find some way to get Syn to see the light, and with Ben there, he had hoped even more... But what was done, was done. And he agreed, despite his hopes, that it had to be done due to his Un-Jedi like conduct toward Aleidis among other incidents.

Taking a breath, Josh hoped maybe Syn would have learned his lesson by the time the meeting came around, and in time things would be forgiven. All he'd wanted was the leadership problem fixed, and with Ben's appearance, it had done exactly that.

Josh watched Syn leave without a word, and Ben spoke the words to him and Je'gan.

"Je'gan, Joshua, do you have anything else to add?"

In response, Josh shook his head, trying to regain his composure as he responded with a simple "No, sir", trying to hide his feelings on the situation. Still, relief washed over him as the pieces began to fit... The situation was over. Fixed. Just like that. It was all back to normal...

@[member="Ben Watts"]
@[member="Syn"]

"I hold no ill will towards those who have left. They are all good men who made a decision, not an easy one mind you, and while I wish we could have gotten them to stay at least they left on good terms." Ben knew both Boolon and Jaxton and he respected both of them. He had watched Jaxton mature from a hot headed young Jedi into the man he is today and Ben knew that he would not make a decision without thinking about it first. Boolon Ben respected for both the head on his shoulders and as his skills as a healer and the same said about Jaxton could be said about him.

"We did what we did for a reason and I stand by my decisions. I understand why a lot of people feel the way they do towards us, especially with some of the things that transpired on Metalorn, but I won't say that what we did was wrong. The Sith are, and always have been, against everything that we stand for. So we will hold no grudges against those who have left and we will support them in what they do. I look upon them as allies if anything."

Josh smiled faintly at Ben's decree at the rogue "Jedi".

"Asha would have loved to hear that... If she was still alive..." he muttered, taking a breath as the memory soured his mood a bit.

Josh hadn't told Ben, or anyone else in the Jedi, that he had accidentally formed a Force Bond with Asha Seren while she was still a Jedi Knight. Nor did he say anything about the side effects of him just barely surviving when she died. She wasn't exactly the best topic to speak of after she had left after all, though he considered changing that stance after Ben's decree...

Still, he'd consider bringing it up with Ben later... Might as well talk to him about the side effects of a force bond being severed by death, if you survive it.

@[member="Ben Watts"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"With Seren gone, and Syn returning to other duties, what is to be done with the praxeum ship? Seren was its head insteuctor before her departure, was she not? I'm getting questions about what comes next, and how to fill the frankly immense gap she left in our training programs."

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
Aleidis sighed and folded her arms, looking unhappy. If she'd been brought here to maintain order and peace, she'd failed in that - everything had transpired so quickly that she hadn't had time to get a word in edgewise. Was she angry that Syn had taken it upon himself to undermine her diplomatic talks by making friends with enemies and treating enemies like friends? Not incredibly. She was, however, profoundly disappointed. She'd thought better of him.

But Grandmaster Watts had laid down the law, and so it was done. While privately she wished that Je'Gan hadn't brought up Syn's attempt to win her favor on Ryloth (as she felt she'd handled it adequately and responsibly) there was no putting the cat back in the bag now.

Folding her arms over her chest, Aleidis quietly listened as the subject changed. She'd keep her own council for now - between her somewhat-father Je'Gan and the Grandmaster she'd grown up respecting, Aleidis felt she had very little authority here. And very little reasons to speak up.

Josh listened to them speaking of Seren and the training ship.... He sighed. He didn't know when he would get to speak to Ben again, and while they were on the topic of Asha, this would be as good of a time as any...

He gave Aleidis a reassuring smile, seeing the Ghostling's disappointment. He waited patiently for Ben to finish his decrees before daring approach him.

@[member="Ben Watts"]
@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"We can find someone to replace her as head instructor on the Praxeum. ( Capitalize? ) The gap she left was large, no arguing that, but not so large that in cannot be mended. We have multiple instructors, yourself included Je'gan, who can take over the duties she left behind. I myself can step into the role if it is needed." Truth be told, he did not have time for a task such as that, but he could not let the defecting of a few Jedi slow down their training. Though they were gone, their enemies remained, and they did not have time to be lax.

"Aleidis," Ben said, turning his attention to the Supreme Chancellor, noting that it was the first time they had spoken since he had asked her to step into such a crucial role. "Do you believe my ruling to be harsh on him?" He was, of course, referring to Syn. Sure, she was not a Jedi, but he wanted her to know that just because she was no longer among their ranks that he respected her input. He had chosen her specifically to run for Supreme Chancellor for a reason, he trusted her, and he wished for contact to remain between the Jedi and the Republic. He wanted trust.

His decision to potentially remove Syn from the Council was not easy, Syn was a valuable member of the Jedi, but Ben had spent many months trying to clean up the name of the Jedi. He was not known as a harsh man, but he knew his opinion had been swayed after his attempts at war, a few of the Jedi maybe thought of him differently now. He expected it, but it would not change who he was. He could not have a member of the Jedi Council that he specifically picked do anything besides represent the Jedi he had helped to build from the ground up. It was not a position to take lightly, he had made sure he understood when he had given him the role.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"I can teach as necessary, but yes, I think all the Order's Knights and Masters will have to get more closely acquainted with our training programs and facilities. We'll all have to get used to relying on our big ship as our base of operations, I think

"Also, at some point, you and I should talk in private."

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Ben Watts"]

Aleidis glanced up from her thoughtful pause as the Grandmaster addressed her and gave a wan smile. "I really could not say, Grandmaster Watts. It appears I do not have all the facts." She replied simply, clasping her hands behind her back. There'd been a time where Aleidis would have been beside herself with glee to be chatting with the Grandmaster herself, but that stage of her life was over.

She'd been asked to shoulder the weight of nearly thirty thousand years of national pride and policy, after all - and that kind of weight had a way of crushing a wide-eyed and cheerful girl and leaving behind a woman with a hard edge of diamond.

And while Aleidis might understand why Ben Watts had asked her to take up the mantle of Chancellor, and the necessity behind it, but she wasn't blind to the fact that the halcyon days were behind her forever. And Ben Watts was the man that'd asked her to step away from her life and leave them behind. She wasn't blind to that, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom