Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hanging Tree | The Trial of Gray Raxis

Silent fell his boots upon the grass as he approached the gathered Mando'ade. His robes billowing in the breeze, a soft hint of lemongrass hung in the air on this day. Though he doubted he would need them, Both Ijaat and Kot, Twin connectable Lightsabers hung on his hips hidden beneath the loose fitting robes of a Jedi.

Though trained as a Jedi, Ryker was raised a Mandalorian, And was the only known member left of the Tal'verda Aliit. His Alor and Mother having vanished and with not even the gods knowing where his pirate grandmother was, left the young togruta Knight as the closest thing resembling the leader of the Clan Tal'verda.

His words remained unspoken as he now stood unnoticed amongst the crowd, Listening and waiting. He knew very little of the Raxis clan or their Alor but as the last member of his own clan he felt the need to be here and at least review the evidence against the man.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]@Ordo@Lady Kay[member="Rekali the Hutt"][member="Ijaat Mereel"][member="Crucifere Sin"][member="Gilamar Skirata"][member="Gray Raxis"]@Axel@Stardust Raxis[member="Draco Vereen"][member="Ra Vizsla"]

Ardgal Raxis said:
Ardgal gave the frog--er--slug a look of disbelief. It was akin to if the Hutt had told him that the center of the galaxy was made out of cheese and--the other man had believed it with all his being. Ardgal calmly smoothed the expression from his face and placed his hands behind his back. His face--and tone--assumed that tone that one used of dealing with a being of lesser intelligence, a young child, or one who claimed to be a poached egg.

"Have you ever fully agreed with anything anyone ever did? Or had an original thought?" he asked, his tone totally smooth and cool, "Do you always follow blindly without question, or do you hold the wealth of the person higher than that? Do you have so little spine that you cannot respectfully object to your leader and offer a better path? Tell me, if the Mand'alor were going to crash his ship into the side of a planet would you still be such a quint yes-man? Or would you rather do your Mand'alor a favor and tell him to look out?

"You may not know this," he said turning slightly, "but its been proven, scientifically that it is impossible to think logically when your angry. The brain centers for rage, your limbic system of fury and strong emotion override the frontal cortex, the centers for all logic and reason. The frontal cortex is what makes us different from animals. From our enemies. We are evolved beings because we logic. We must be above our enemies. Above animals." Ardgal paused, letting the words sink in, "Now, I don't know about you, but its rather apparent to me that rage is highly present here. Strong emotions. Furry. Its rather noninclusive to justice," the facts could stand where they were.

He took a few steps forward, towards Ra, "No, I do not agree with the way the Crusades have been carried out, Mand'alor. I feel that murdering innocents, children is wrong, like Mimban and Illum. Do you blame us for holding an opinion? I was confident that being a Mandalorian was about choosing your own path, independence and free thought. Isn't that what made us great in the first place? Are the Old Ways not good enough anymore? If not, call me Dar'manda and be welcome. I will find a people who embrace their own and their own creativity."

He turned once more to [member="Rekali the Hutt"], "Do you treat a child as an adult? When you tell them to stay clear of putting a fork in the outlet do you go into adult detail or do you give them a child's reason? Yes, we dealt with Jack on a level he could understand. That is the only way to do so. He didn't buy that logic, so he made his wrong choice. We opposed the treason, if you want to find a reason to kill someone, you always will. Why don't you grow gett'se and just do it yourself? Or are you really that cowardly?"
"Kark." Ordo said flatly to the nearest Mandalorian, "Did the whole clan get the 'Can't shut the hell up gene' or jusy these two?"

Ordo shook his head and took another bite of jerky.

"Twenty credits says he gets charged too." The Mando beside him whispered.

"You're on." Ordo said as he went back to shaking his head at the least tactful advocate of Raxis innocence there ever was. "It's like he wants to get killed."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PvZGVPiJU​

"Clan Betna votes guilty," came Betna's quiet, but carrying voice from the sidelines.

He wore only a tunic, boots, and breeches. No need for armor plates here, no need to be girded for total warfare. The beskar ax was all he carried, handmade by the master smith - no, Master Artist - [member="Ijaat Mereel"] as a favor. He leaned against a pole set in the ground, arms crossed over his chest.

He'd heard the arguments, he'd heard the recordings, he'd mulled the information over. He couldn't help but feel sympathy for the man, but choices were choices. Betna had made them and, occasionally, failed to make them. Sometimes things worked out, sometimes they didn't. In either case, the responsibility had been clear.

"Ilum went awry because I failed to make a choice or to make myself aware of a situation that developed. A situation you well know, Alor Raxis," he said, nodding his head to the other man. "A few warriors caused a debacle that brought their actions and my own before the council. As they were under my command, it didn't matter what I had or had not ordered. It didn't matter if they were of my clan or not. They were my responsibility, my charges. Their actions were done under my command, regardless if I commanded it, and so I bore the burden they bore. I took responsibility for their actions as if they were, by extension, my own."

Betna shook his head and stood up straight, his arms still crossed. His face was immobile, his shoulders set. It was a hard choice to seal a fate, regardless of the reasons why or how. Sometimes choices had to be made. Even the hard ones.

"Your failure to act as a leader and your failure to accept the responsibilities that weigh down the shoulders of a leader are what forces my hand. The evidence is damning and has arguably done nothing but confirm either the inaction or the poor leadership choices made. War is confusing, war is hellish, and war is dangerous. Treachery often walks hand in hand with Victory and there's little to do about it at times. In this case, however, I look not at the actions of your clansman, but your own. Aliit Betna ganar jorhaa'ir."

OOC:
Translation: Clan Betna has spoken.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] @Ordo @Lady Kay [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Crucifere Sin"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Gray Raxis"] @Axel @Stardust Raxis [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ra Vizsla"]

Taira, the A'lor of clan Balor, stood and watched, gazing upon the gathering. Various Alors made their points. Others testified angrily, in various ways. Of course Gray had been betrayed. And of course, it wasn't anyone's fault. It never was. Regardless of the fact that Rekali, as usual, had gotten the short end of the stick. As had clan Balor. It had been their men who had bled and died on beach. Viszla, Balor, Rekali, all betrayed by Jack and his queen's guard.

She listened to all of them yell and bellow and holler. She looked small and demure compared to many. Hell, in her faded robes she looked more like old atrisian musician with a flair for the dramatic than any thing else. She sipped her tea, listening to the other vote. "Balor will speak," she said, her surprisingly quiet voice coming through. Many of her guard seemed worried. Taira rarely spoke softly, and even, worse, she rarely spoke so soberly. The A'lor who drank like a demon did not rise from her seat as she looked to Raxis. He eyes seemed to appraise all of them as if trying to guess the weight of a sword by staring at it. She sighed.

"While his youthful anger is a bit presumptuous, Rekali the Hutt speaks to my own rage as well. Do not belittle the fact that we had to bury many of our brethren to your cousin's actions, Vod," hse said calmly. "That hologram demonstrates truth, but also problems. You didn't condone him, but you certainly didn't condemn him, either. A stronger rebuke is to be taken. Tell me, A'lor of Raxis. Do you disown Jack? And do you disown his army, the band of scoprions he made, which you seem so eager to avoid responbility for? When a man raisese an army, you ought to be responsible. You ought to speak loudly. You submit to Mand'alore, and that is good. But you do not--or perhaps you cannot--lead your clan, or see to your own affairs. Perhaps your empire needs a new crown. Balor does not judge all of the clan as guilty. However, as an Alor, it may be wise for you to give another the title. Until you've gotten your house in order," she said, her voice cutting like a chisel through gravel. She could have struck him down there. Hell, if her brother hadn't been recuperating from getting railed one with an anti-tank rifle, he probably would have tried to sever the man's head here and now.

"Regardless of how the votes end, I have no reason to trust you, Gray. However, your clan has good within it. Tell me: Do you feel remorse for being unable to keep your clan affairs from harming my kindred? Do you mourn for my fallen vod, the Ade'ka buried on the sand of Kashyyk because of the arrogance of Jack, and because the clans would not disown him quicker? Tell me why there should be mercy, Ade of Raxis. I have much to hate, and much to mourn. Convince me that you are still fit to rule. Speak as Alor," the woman's voice was stern. Like steel. It didn't seem to yield. There seemed to be no hatred, no anger, behind it. But there was a certain callousness. A certain...coldness to her tone. She sipped her drink. "I do not hold your clan accountable. But, if the head of the clan cannot see clearly, then there must be a decision....." she looked calmly, sighing and staring down at the iron fan in her lap. Funny, how the lessons of the past came so vividly in the present. When they had questioned her strength, because of her heritage, because of her name. But, she had become A'lor, and earned the right to lead her people, in mirth or mourning, in battle and bliss. Still, she had said her peace. She wondered what the other clans would say to such audacious words. Ah well. This was no Atrisian court.

(OOC Edit: I realize the language here might be a bit cryptic, but I am not logging a vote yet.)

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Ra Vizsla"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ardgal Raxis"] | [member="Ordo"]

He stood there among his kin and he felt their rage.

The Hutt spoke from the heart and he spoke true, but something deep, deep inside of Sam - the part that was weary of all the bloodshed and war - wasn't as fast to condemn Gray and his clan.

At least not until Ardgal talked and talked and talked. Heavy brows furrowed in thought, he glanced to his vode and wondered for a brief moment what this was all about. Was it a joke? Was he trying to simply lift the mood? Rekali did not know, but frankly... he didn't care anymore. An old fire was lit again in the pit of his stomach, it was summoned by the dark expressions on brothers and sister's faces. It was the redness of some of their eyes - they had lost friends, family, children on that beach, and Ardgal was treating them like children.

Whilst only digging a deeper hole for himself and his Clan.

"I caution you against bloviating more, Ardgal." His clan name was left out for now. "You speak to us like we are the children. You show no respect for our fallen, for those who died on that same beach because of your vod's treachery."

The crushgaunt gripped hard against the beskar railing.

"Yet... yet, the evidence provided by you only underlines the guilt shared by all the leaders of Clan Raxis." Now it was Samael's time to look at Ardgal like he was a child who had no idea what he was doing or saying. "He told you he was going to war, he asked yours to follow him against our Mand'alor - not in a blood duel, not in an honorable battle circle - in war."

"And what was your response? What was any of your responses?" He eyed [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Gray Raxis"] before looking back at Ardgal. "False ideals, one of them said. I cannot support actions that endangers the governments building their embassies on our land, another brought up. We must do something else than all-out war, you said."

His head shifted slightly to the side.

"What were you suggesting, then? Perhaps assassination? Raids in black armor and ships to avoid an all-out war you could not possibly win?" There was a fire burning in those violet eyes now. He felt it, all the losses Clan Rekali endured from treachery and stupidity, for trying to be the reasonable clan. For trying to see all perspective and not lash out immediately, for trying to push... understanding.

It had been Ember's way. It had been his way. But now Samael was left to wonder, if the Warlock of Yavin had not pushed for the Roche Accords. If he had not stayed the hand of the Alor'e council with caution.

Would the Republic be here today? Would there have been an opportunity for Raxis to betray its family? Would Rekali have been spared from the numerous lives lost on the beach on Kashyyyk?

"I vote guilty." And in his position as Alor'ad, there was one person who could override his vote. Alec Rekali and only her, his cousin and Alor. Caspian, he would listen to him, but in his mind... he did not think that his other cousin would mind all that much. "Not only for Gray- Ardgal, Kay, Jack, they are all guilty. Negligence, complacency, outright treason, all of them contributed to the lives lost on Kashyyyk."

Olivia stood among the other Mando'ade that had gathered for the call of the Mand'alore. The blue and silver of her armor stood bright against many of the more muted colors of her vod. Her armor was still new and had yet to be properly worn in. She'd fix that soon enough. In the meantime, from within the armored confines of her helmet, Olivia reviewed the video logs she had access to. In the video, she watched as Jack's 'Rangers stood from their hiding places and opened fire on whatever vod's helmet recording she had been given. Whether the men and women of the 'Rangers were Mando'ade was unknown to Olivia. What was known, was that Jack Raxis had accepted the Resol'nare and pledged himself to Manda'yaim. Scrolling through some digital documents on the man seemed to indicate that he had been affiliated with the Republic before converting to the Manda. She couldn't confirm the data at this moment, but it seemed clear to her why the man had chosen to defend his former family from what should have been his current one.

While the others talked, Olivia stood silent, arms crossed over her chest as her eyes darted from one recording to another. Something one of the Raxis people said caught her attention though...

Ardgal Raxis said:
"My Brothers, my sisters, hear me," he said, his voice ringing across the land around him, "Hear me. I feel the anger, I know the pain. I am just as angered about this as you are. All of Clan Raxis is greatly upset about this. However, we must not let rage cloud our judgement and bring death on a man whom is not guilty. Let us all consider facts for a moment. Facts, the very things that make us above the animals. Just as we consider the data before making an attack, let us do so now. Do not prove the aurutiisii right, give them no real reason to call us savages."

Ardgal reached into his pocket and retrieved a datachip. It had been attached to his helmet during a meeting that Jack had tried to recruit the Clan to attack the Mandalore. He pressed the chip into his gauntlet and let it play, the audio ringing across the field,
Olivia listened to the recordings... she listened to the Raxis clan discuss open warfare against the Mandalorian Clans... And something about it all felt off...

Olivia looped the recordings a second time, her eyes dancing across the images shown until her eyes found the culprit of her suspicions. The date was much earlier than it should have been... Quickly, Olivia compared the recordings of the Raxis meeting with the recordings from Jack's betrayal...

There was no mistaking it... According to this evidence, the Raxis meeting had occurred well before the invasion itself. Or at least before the part Jack Raxis played in it.

Olivia's left hand clenched into a fist while her right gripped firmly against her left bicept. <Lies or incompetence.> Olivia thought to herself as she cycled through her own recordings of this meeting. For her own confirmation, she played back the statements of each of the Clan Raxis members.

Gray Raxis said:
"It goes against the Resol'Nare to harm and kill our brothers and sisters of Mandalore. He then told us he would be defecting to the Republic and fled before we had time to stop him. This meeting it seems happened after he had attacked Ra on Kashyyk. It was an attack we were not even aware of at the time. He defied the wishes and opinions of his clan. He fled to safety and left his fellow clan members to clean up his mess. He betrayed every Mandalorian that day. He betrayed Ra. He betrayed Mandalore. He betrayed Clan Raxis. He betrayed me, his own blood."
Lady Kay said:
"With all due respect, have you not heard anything that Gray has said? Jack had disappeared, abandoned Clan Raxis a long time ago, only to recently reappear. Jack came to us after his unjustly attack on Ra. He summoned us to try to gain his support, of which ALL of us declined to give him. Neither of us knew that this attack had already taken place until recently. So the order was given to locate him and bring him to our Alor to face justice, to face your justice. All of this happened in a matter of two days. TWO days! And you speak as though we are just letting Jack walk away, as though we agreed with his actions and his motivations. But you are wrong in that.
Within her helmet, Olivia's jaw clenched. Incompetent or otherwise, the members of Clan Raxis were lying to their vod right now.

That was not something that Olivia could let stand. For now though, she bit her lip and played back the other statements made by the Raxis Mando'ade. Each statement, she'd check against her own data.

If these cur were lieing to their vod, Olivia would have proof before opening her mouth.

Gray Raxis said:
"Those who helped Jack are those only loyal to Jack himself, not the clan. The Queen's Rangers have never fought along side those who serve clan Raxis. They have never taken or followed an order given by any Raxis member. Their loyalty is to the traitor and the traitor alone."
<The Queen's Rangers...> Olivia thought to herself as she pulled up the files Clan Dem'adas had on the private military company. 80 strong, formerly of Hapes, refugees of the One Sith/Republic War... Pledged their services to the Mando'ade as a whole and to Jack Raxis specifically. <Incorrect on Gray's part, but not wholly inaccurate.> Olivia thought as she moved on to the next bit of dialog.

Gray Raxis said:
"The clan did not split in two. The only ones who joined Jack were those who were a part of his personal forces. They were not members of the clan. And as I said he came to us after he had attacked Ra Vizsla on Kashyyk. He told us nothing about the action at the time and then after I heard some rumors of what he had done. So I went to Ra to confirm it personally. Very little time has transpired between events, so I have had little time to take any actions. My first action was to meet with our Mand'alor, and all I have had time to do between then and this trial is order every Raxis member to capture Jack. I can not do anything about the fact Jack had attacked Ra before he ever hinted to us that he was even going to do something to him. If I could go back in time and warn Ra then I would, but I do not possess that ability."
<Incompetence, ignorance, or willful deceit.> Olivia thought before moving on to the next recording.

Ardgal Raxis said:
"Have you ever fully agreed with anything anyone ever did? Or had an original thought?" he asked, his tone totally smooth and cool, "Do you always follow blindly without question, or do you hold the wealth of the person higher than that? Do you have so little spine that you cannot respectfully object to your leader and offer a better path? Tell me, if the Mand'alor were going to crash his ship into the side of a planet would you still be such a quint yes-man? Or would you rather do your Mand'alor a favor and tell him to look out?"
<Hutt's don't have spines...> Olivia thought absently before moving on to the man's more important failures.

Ardgal Raxis said:
"You may not know this," he said turning slightly, "but its been proven, scientifically that it is impossible to think logically when your angry. The brain centers for rage, your limbic system of fury and strong emotion override the frontal cortex, the centers for all logic and reason. The frontal cortex is what makes us different from animals. From our enemies. We are evolved beings because we logic. We must be above our enemies. Above animals." Ardgal paused, letting the words sink in, "Now, I don't know about you, but its rather apparent to me that rage is highly present here. Strong emotions. Furry. Its rather noninclusive to justice," the facts could stand where they were.
<Nerdier than Rygel, and less well spoken. Inferior genetics.> Olivia thought as she assessed the man's worth.

Ardgal Raxis said:
He took a few steps forward, towards Ra, "No, I do not agree with the way the Crusades have been carried out, Mand'alor. I feel that murdering innocents, children is wrong, like Mimban and Illum. Do you blame us for holding an opinion? I was confident that being a Mandalorian was about choosing your own path, independence and free thought. Isn't that what made us great in the first place? Are the Old Ways not good enough anymore? If not, call me Dar'manda and be welcome. I will find a people who embrace their own and their own creativity."

He turned once more to [member="Rekali the Hutt"], "Do you treat a child as an adult? When you tell them to stay clear of putting a fork in the outlet do you go into adult detail or do you give them a child's reason? Yes, we dealt with Jack on a level he could understand. That is the only way to do so. He didn't buy that logic, so he made his wrong choice. We opposed the treason, if you want to find a reason to kill someone, you always will. Why don't you grow gett'se and just do it yourself? Or are you really that cowardly?"
<So an idiot and a hypocrite.> Olivia thought to herself. <Preaches about the ignorance of others giving into their anger while giving into his own and accusing a Mando'ad four times his size of being a coward... He'll be removed from the gene pool soon enough.> Olivia mentally noted before moving on. He wouldn't be worth addressing aloud anyway...

Lady Kay said:
"Gray is innocent, just as you all are. He was betrayed just as you all were. You should not be fighting amongst yourselves. You are brothers and sisters. Doing so would only be helping the enemies that you fight. You would be helping your enemies cut down your numbers without them having to break a sweat.

Now I ask you all to allow us to get custody of Jack so that he may face punishment as we were mobilizing to do before this trial was called.
I already know where he is. Jack summoned me again to join him at a specific location, to which I declined once more, still unaware of his unsanctioned attack. Star and I were about to inform Gray of our plans to bring him in, but this...This came far too quickly than it should.

You need to understand that we were already mobilizing to fix this, but we were not given appropriate time. Two days is not nearly enough. It takes more time than that to cross the vastness of the Galaxy. Each of you would ask for the same thing if you were in our position. We need to bring in Jack for he is the only guilty one."
<Noted...> Olivia thought to herself as she uncrossed her arms and let her hands hang near to the weapon holsters at her hips. "Alor Raxis, hear me and know my name. I am Olivia Dem'adas, Alor of Clan Dem'adas." She said calmly as she prepared for her opening salvo against the man. "You say that this meeting you held with Jack Raxis seemed to have occurred after he had opened fire upon his Vod at Kashyyyk and challenged Mand'alore Vizsla... And yet the evidence presented by your own clansman would seem to contradict these statements." She said as she took a step towards the man. "You claim that the forces employed by Jack Raxis have no ties to your clan, and yet my clan's files on the 'Rangers he commanded document them as pledging themselves to the Mando'ade as a whole." She continued, taking another step. "Now I don't care about your incompetence, nor do I care about your inability to control your people. What I care about is that [member="Jack Raxis"] committed the crime of premeditated murder against his vod." She said with a hint of disdain entering her voice and another step closer to the man. "You have one clansman begging for a week of leniency that your clan might run down the criminal themselves and another clansman that claims to know the current location of [member="Jack Raxis"]." She continued coldly, turning her helmet towards [member="Lady Kay"] briefly before returning her attention to [member="Gray Raxis"]. "So here is the word of Clan Dem'adas... I propose your clansman gives up the location of [member="Jack Raxis"] here and now so that we can dispatch a 'Hunter of our choosing to go and collect the traitor... And we withhold judgement of Clan Raxis until this war has come to a close... and your people have had the opportunity to prove their loyalty on the front lines of this conflict between our two nations." She said at last, a cruel smirk playing across the face her helmet hid. "Or you continue to run your mouth until I decide to pin it shut with my beskad."

"And as for you." Olivia said, her helmet again snapping towards the direction of [member="Lady Kay"]. "My fleet has existed for centuries, my officers have received the best training in the galaxy, and the men and women of my clan are as battle tested as any commander could hope for." She boasted with a cruel pride. "Please. When you feel your 'Commenor' is ready, call my name and I will come show you what the Slayer of Dromund Kaas's clan can do."

Lady Kay said:
I can understand you all being hurt and feeling betrayed. Well you can bet that our Clan is going through those feelings as well.

Mand'alor played his own audio recording.

[member=Ra Vizsla]'s voice.

"You will bring me Jack Raxis's head, declare him Dar'manda, swear fealty to the Clans and return Clan Raxis home to Manda'yaim."

[member="Gray Raxis"]'s voice.

"I refuse to do any of those actions... I will capture him alive. And I will punish him for his actions. He will apologize to you."

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Davon Karr had no vote in the day's proceedings. Clan Karr was too small to vote on its own and his voice would formally only be heard through Arrbi. The man had already placed his vote. The old man had been silent so far. He stood, not as tall as he had once been, but still a large presence. His helm was under one arm, the pelt across his shoulders marked his position.

When Gray Raxis looked up at his mandalore, he was also facing Death.

Discerning eyes beneath a worn brow turned to Ardgal. When he spoke, his voice was low, each word pronounced deliberately. A stark contrast to the shouting that had come before.

"Forgive me, but I am getting old and sometimes I miss things. You stopped your recording early, I believe. Could you play us all the part where Gray told Jack that he would now be traitor and challenged him for his actions?"

Arla stood silent, her green eyes trained upon the face of Gray Raxis she had her Clan had been working at securing the Embassy during the battle.

The beach assault had been a blood bath in many ways, and a complete turkey shoot in others. Mando'ade are a passionate people their emotions full vested in whatever they took on where it was love, life, war, or even peace. Today their passions fueled anger, pain, and feelings of betrayal.

She listened to Ra as he charged the Alor with crimes. Incompetence. Treachery. Conspiracy. And protecting a traitor.

Questions from the crowd gathered filled the air, things she was curious about, things that demanded an answer. She did not know Gray, or much of his Clan but none of that mattered. What mattered was how to treat the Leader of a Clan who had a member on the field of battle change sides, and challenge the Mand'alor. If a warrior cannot trust the brother or sister at his back in battle then nothing is sacred.

Gray mentioned a meeting, he mentioned his cousin taking his own men.

The truth here was it mattered not; Jack was a member of Gray's Clan. Gray rather than sending Jack to stand for his punishment was standing in his stead.

The Alor was accepting responsibility for the actions of those he was to have control over. The weight of that was immense.

All Alor's standing here now bore these same responsibilities, what would she do if one of her own committed these same crimes. If there no nothing beyond a shadow of doubt while dar'manda would sever any relations between them the idea that mid battle someone would challenge her for Alor. That they would be so selfish to put their own lofty goals ahead a decree from the Mand'alor. She'd beat them within an inch of the life, take their armor, tattoo the word traitor on their forehead, and then feed the force user to Mia's vornskyrs. Arla's tolerance for betrayals was harsh even heartless.

Life on Tatooine as a slave to a man who only saw her as property after he pledged to protect her had taught her a hard lesson about trust and the feelings of betrayal.

An Alor is trusted to do the right thing, to lead his Clan, and know when to punish.

Arla looked towards Gray again, it was clear one thing Clan Raxis was full of folk who didn't know the culture of the Vod so there was another strike against the Alor, he did not teach his people how to act. If these who stood with him were any representation of the Clan it was no wonder Gray stood here now.

Where was her Buir in all of this, a man who had years of experience. A man who had his own share of troubles. A man whose clan believed in him so much that they worked to protect him from himself, and others. The things he had been charged with had cost him the force for it was the source of all the ilk, all the dar'jetti ramblings.

Did she have anything to ask Gray...

" [member="Gray Raxis"] ",Arla screamed his name, "if you are judged innocent what do you plan to do to Jack?"

Clan Ordo members - [member="Ordo"] | [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Jax Ordo"] | [member="Ginnie Ordo"] | Mand
Alor [member="Ra Vizsla"]

Mia settled cold eyes upon [member="Gray Raxis"], watching him as the argument around them progressed. She had no vote, hers rested with [member="Arla Balor"]. All she could do was watch and listen. She could feel rage rolling off of all of them, taste their eagerness to see his head removed. This was not the first time Gray had failed as a leader. [member="Arrbi Betna"] had shouldered the blame for his last feth up, and Mia had wanted his head then, now all she had to do was sit back and watch.

Arla's cry drew her eyes from the traitor to settle upon the Alor of Clan Ordo, the woman whose voice would carry their vote. "He will do nothing." Mia answered, stepping forward. "That much has already been made clear. Capturing Jack alive, making him apologise? This is meaningless. Not only to us, but an empty gesture to those that died at his hand, and at the hands of his men. You, [member="Gray Raxis"] are no mandalorian. And you," she pointed to [member="Ardgal Raxis"], "you speak of war, of murdering of innocents and children, did you know that Gray was at Ilum? Did you know that it was his men, your kin, who played the part in murdering of children?"

She looked back at Gray. "You walked away from that unscathed, Alor Betna took the blame for that failing on the grounds that it was his mission. You have no one to hide behind anymore Gray. Your failings are there for all to see."

"Before you decide to condemn me, I won't claim to know much about the current makeup of Clan Raxis. But I decided not to participate on Kashyyyk because I had business to tend to on Azure. For now, I'm the governor of Azure even though Azure isn't formally attached to any clan at this time. I feel that, because Azure is a mostly-uninhabited planet at this time, I could take time off my schedule to attend said trial before I hand over my clinic on Mandalore to another shrink - I will formally relocate on Azure at a later date"

What follows will surprise many among the Clans. All the personal interaction she had with the accused was back on Annaj, when she ordered her beskar'gam. Cathul was surprised no psychological evaluation has been ordered, not even from her, and she was the only shrink to be attending in the first place. None of the shrinks on Axxila, Alderaan or Ithor attended this trial - and it seemed that shrinks on Mandalore (the charlatan ones anyway) set up shop and don't last very long. They have easy access to patients all right, but for now she leans "not guilty". Only a psychological evaluation, in Cathul's mind, will allow her to make up hers.

"The Alor of Clan Lok couldn't attend the trial, so I was dispatched by him to attend in his place. Amd I'm with [member="Ardgal Raxis"] here: anger is the main motivator behind either the trial or Jack's actions; many of the patients come to my clinic complaining about symptoms that make them lose their cool, and I request the right to perform a psychological evaluation of the accused. Without said evaluation I cannot render a verdict, and perhaps it will get some of you that currently abstain to change your mind either way"

OkH3ksUl.jpg

The Skull rested upon his face.

Bone, old and cracked, watched the whirlwind surrounding the Raxian leadership. Sockets, black and empty, set their gaze upon their Alor. The Warmaster listened, silent, as the emotions reverberated through the masses. There was sorrow here. And pain. And anger – the latter of which the Warmaster felt the most. His people did not take the transgressions of their own lightly. Betrayal was almost always concluded with blood. As for Isley, he had arrived at the Crusade's birthplace without an end game. There would always be those whose minds were made up before the first word, but the Alor of Clan Verd strived not to be that man.

And so, he listened.

At first, the evidence seemed to point to a situation similar to that of the Rogue Gen'Dai. But as the seconds rolled on, the truth laced between the recordings became evident. In the eyes of the blind, Clan Raxis had done "nothing wrong." They did not lift a finger against the Clans...they did not lift a finger period. Unlike then, when the Rogue assaulted Manda'yaim, Isley and his banner were hot on his heels. But Clan Raxis? They had done nothing...right. They did not condemn the actions of Jack Raxis. They did not stand in the way of his shedding the blood of the vode. All they cared about was making sure their corner of the Galaxy remained safe from the Clans' wrath.

And in doing so, they condemned themselves.

"Arasuum has seeped into the bones of the Raxis." His voice was thunder: a low rumble amidst the storm of Mando'ade. "Thus saith Clan Verd: Guilty."

The embodiment of War glared strongly as he saw Gray and his clan defending themselves, and breathed heavily whenever they preached their gospel. How much he wanted to rally the Vanguard, his clan, and just assault this clan that was full of pacifism and incompetence that acted nothing like a Mandalorian. How much he wished to do that to bring honor and glory to the name "Mandalorian". But Vilaz remained in line and didn't step out of it since it would be against the laws and views of Mand'alor, and also bring shame and embarrassment to his clan, himself, his family, and loved ones just like what was happening right here in the valley where they declared their Crusade of Vengeance upon the Galactic Republic and the One Sith.

The Alor of Clan Munin sat their, listening to both the words of his fellow Alors, and to the ones of Gray and his clan. He expected nothing more and nothing less from the Alor of Clan Raxis and his people. Preaching about how right they were, how they were innocent, how they were fixing this problem, and how they saw the wrongdoings of Ra and the rest of the Alors. The Munin thought of his beloved, [member="Briika Tor"], in order to remain calm and patient with this Clan that tarnished the name "Mandalorian".

After listening to so many words and syllables said by the accused and reviewing the evidence brought here, the Concordian opened his mouth, "Clan Munin votes guilty on not just Gray, but on his whole damned, degenerate clan for protecting a traitor and for treason against Manda'yaim.

Like my fellow Alor and brother, [member="Arrbi Betna"], he took full responsibility of what happened on Ilum and faced the consequences. You, Gray Raxis, failed to do just that and allowed your fething cousin to walk away without even giving him a scratch. You say that you follow the six tenets of our way of life and care about family, but all I see are lies from you. Just like when you lie about family as you didn't brought Jack Raxis to justice for betraying us all. Just like when you lie about following the Resol'nare as you didn't follow Mand'alor's rally at Kashyyyk. Just like when you lie about everything.

You disgrace the name 'Mandalorian'."

[member="3X744"], [member="Bendak Orden"], @OtherClanMuninPeeps

Progflaw99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQWmryiIcxY​
11949853051162234570break_carlos_katastrofsk_.svg.hi.png
“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”
It was an age old mantra, a mantra that might as well have been created by the clans themselves. Long past were the days of blood loyalties, even family could prove treacherous. It had been that very sentiment which had secured Pror such a prestigious position in the clan, the Alor. He stirred slightly as he felt the energy around him shift one way then the other. Regrettably, he had not been present at the Invasion of Kashyyyk but instead he had sent Buruk Surhaai, his Alor'ad, to represent Clan Vhe'viin. They had done well from the reports, Buruk being tasked to the embassy of the Galactic Republic... which no longer existed thanks in part to his team's work. It seemed things had gone well... until he'd heard about the betrayal on the beaches.

Being far removed from the event in which his vod were effectively stabbed in the back by their own had done little to lessen the significance of the act. He'd heard the transcripts, read the reports. Jack Raxis was without a doubt, a traitor to not only Mand'alor or the troops on the beach that day but the entirety of the Clans. Jack's time would come, as it always did to those who turned their backs on their people, their brothers, sisters... but this was not what today was about. Today was about another Raxis... Gray Raxis, the Alor of their clan. It was quite the procession as the man had walked to where they would stand during this... trial of sorts. It was a last attempt, an attempt to glean the last bits of truth about the matter, and then determine what would happen. For now, he was content to watch, and listen. Pror found it interesting that many of the clans were quick to condemn the man before them, Gray Raxis. He could not blame them, for there was righteous anger in his heart, the anger at being betrayed even if by proxy, by one who claimed to belong to their family.

Pror watched. He listened. The mood was a somber one as clan after clan spoke forth and yet... the Trandoshan remained silent. He would wait yet to declare judgement for truly he was conflicted. On the one hand, blood was owed for the transgressions of Jack Raxis, traitor and Dar'manda but on the other hand... was it not strange to be so quick to condemn their brothers and sisters in Clan Raxis? He had witnessed Arrbi Betna's declaration, nothing more than a slight twitch of his clear eyelid as he looked onward. To declare himself along with Clan Betna would be the logical choice however, something tugged at his mind. There was posturing, shifting, moving. He'd never been one for politics, a hunter by nature. On the hunt, controlling your feelings was key to maintaining the advantage. He could feel the seething anger in the air but rather than join in, he held his tongue.

Responsibility did squarely fall on the shoulders of the man before them but in what capacity? His death would serve nothing more than a misplaced bloodlust. There was no doubt, the clans needed something, but Gray Raxis' death would do little more than temporarily hold back the hunger. The clans needed to remain united and the treacherous Raxis needed to be dealt with, and harshly. Betrayal could not be acceptable. Still he continued to wait, forming a reply in his head. What he wanted to get across would have to be worded carefully if he did not wish to inflame the already tense discussion. He wanted to put words to the anger, to the frustration many felt but he was not the most elegant speaker, his basic broken, and even his Mandoa had a certain accent to it. He played with the translation device at his neck, still trying to put the words together. He waited patiently for the others to be addressed before making his intent to speak known. He spoke in Dosh, though his translator reworked the words into Mandoa.

"Alor Raxis... I am Alor Pror of Clan Vhe'viin, vassal clan of Clan Betna. I have heard their judgement but reserve the right to come to my own."

He looked towards Arrbi, nodding, indicating he respected the man's judgement but had questions.

"I understand you did not sanction your cousin's actions. This we know. You say you did not know of his actions when you last saw him? My question is this. You say Jack Raxis had disappeared for a time, why did you not then rein him in? Is it not the responsibility of an Alor to keep tabs on his dogs, be they feral or otherwise? Even I was aware of my people's actions on Kashyyyk and we are supposed to believe that you were kept entirely in the dark? He should have been met with iron when he arrived after the invasion."

He paused here for a moment. Letting his words hang in the air for a moment before continuing.

"I would also like to remind my brothers and sisters that we are here. The betrayal is finished, Jack has fled, and someone must pay the price. It is also my understanding Alor Raxis that Jack, your cousin, acted without your approval and without your knowledge. Certainly there is something wrong with the fact that he has done this, though I find it hard to believe you are truly inflamed about this. If it had been my brother... my kin... he would have personally met his end at the tip of my blade. I would not rest until I held his throat in my hand and crushed the life from his body, hunting him as I have hunted many other beasts across the universe."

Pror reined it back in, he was getting slightly off track.

"While I believe the claim of ignorance as a defense is invalid, I do not see why we should cast our brothers to the flame. Much better to root out the traitor and make an example of him alone. If his entire clan had been complicit in the matter, it would be a different story, little more to do than chop off the entire limb and regrow than let the corruption spread, however I do not believe this was the case."

"Did you, Gray Raxis, support any actions against the clans, or willfully withhold knowledge pertaining to Jack's actions? The answer should be simple, and with that answer, we should have our answer. Ignorance carries its own repercussions but if your answer is what I predict, there is nothing more to be said about the matter as far as betrayal is concerned. Association and condemnation by Clan alone is a slippery slope to traverse."

He wanted to give the man the benefit of the doubt. He had heard of Clan Raxis, even Buruk had hunted with them a time ago on Felucia... but treason? While the man may face consequences of his ignorance when it came to his cousin and member of his clan and would have to face some responsibility for it, he did not see why that would equate to death be it by execution or combat. What they needed was to punish the perpetrator directly. Nothing less would do. Exiling an entire clan, making the entirety of Clan Raxis but a memory? That was too far in Pror's mind when the primary issue at hand was the man's cousin. None of the evidence provided seemed to convict Gray other than of ignorance, which would likely carry a price, though far less than the fate Jack had condemned himself to.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Isley Verd"] | [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Arla Balor"] | [member="Davon Karr"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Gray Raxis"]​

Stardust had listened to the words from all there...they were words of hate confusion and some were kind

And as she sat there she bowed her head as she took a minute before she moved over to gray and took his hand gently and gave a smile to him before she looked out and spoke" those here on this stand have heard what jack said...I heard it as well..I could've done something then...when he said he was declaring war on the clans

She stopped and let those words ring before speaking again"I fought there at kashyyk...I watched many go down...I deployed from those landing craft along side those...who are here and who are not"she said and bowed her head as she looked to [member="Ra Vizsla"] as she lowered her voice and began to say something stupid...probably...but she wasn't gonna let gray bear the weight entirely...not while she was his wife and equal "with your permission sir manda'lore....I wish to stand beside my husband and bear the weight as well...for my incompetence and failure"she knew gray would hate her for those words...but this was her choice...

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay clenched her jaw as she listened. They were grasping at straws, it seemed. Yet still the blame was being thrown against the wrong people. She would never behave in such a way and condemn someone for something that they didn't do and had no knowledge prior. None of them were slaves, everyone was free. And yet they treat [member="Gray Raxis"] as though he was to micro-manage everyone in his family, regardless of where they were in space. Such things were impossible.

She thought back to what details they have spoken about with regards to what happened on Kashyyyk. Who won the fight? Surely it couldn't of been Jack. [member="Ra Vizsla"] didn't look the type that could be taken down in any easy way, Force tricks or not. So then how did Jack escape? Was he taken into custody at all? Or did they just let him go? So many questions, yet she dared not voice them. Not here, not now in front of so many that were starting to blame her for what happened as well.

And now there was an idle threat against her world when she made no mention of going to attack them. Once again, her words were taken out of context. But such a thing was common, especially in politics.

"As I stated before, I was going to tell Gray where Jack was, when I learned that he was on his way here. So I followed. This unforgivable act by Jack did not happen weeks ago. It was only days. If you would rather go and get Jack yourselves, if you think that that will help ease your pain, then I will tell you. But we should not be held to accpunt for Jack's actions. He turned his back on us and used our name to get you to target people other than him. We are not your enemies.

As for my world that I am governing, yes, I am building it's defences, but not for reasons that you think. During the election campaign, the Mimban sector was attacked, with multiple planets being struck at once. Commenor is in that sector. I saw how weak the previous President had made us, so I promised the Commenori that we wouldn't be defenceless. Gray offered me the help of his ships and his men. In return, we flew his banner, constructed an Embassy and even included studies at our Universities to include the Mandilore culture and history. After my election I pledged to the Manda'lore that the Commenori soldiers will not be taking up arms against you and will be defending Commenor only. There are threats all around our borders and I am taking the steps necessary to keep the powder keg from exploding. It may not be the way that you may handle things, but it is the only way that I know how."

She sighed a little, looking to [member="Stardust Raxis"] and wondering if any of them would be getting out of here alive. Kay then looked to their accusers. "I wish that I could bring back the lives of those that were lost. I have been a widow for twelve years and have not been able to let go of that grief. So I know some of what you are going through. But all that I can do in that regard is offer my help with the injured, covering their costs as well as for the funerals of those that had fought bravely on that beach."

Kay took her eyes off of everyone then. She didn't look to the ground, or the sky. She merely focused straight ahead at a couple of leaves twirling and dancing in the breeze between her and the others. At least those leaves seemed to be in a jolly mood, oblivious to everything going on around them. It made her long for home.

Gray needed to calm himself immediately. Emotions were running high for every individual here and nothing good was going to come of it. They needed to feel some sense of justice being met as much as clan Raxis needed it over Jack's betrayal. They had all been betrayed here. Every Mandalorian, every clan, every soul. Jack had been the one to do it and when he fled they were all left with no one to blame or lash out in anger against. Gray had gone to Ra originally to confirm that the rumor about Jack attacking him was true, because trusting a rumor was for the foolish, and to offer himself up as a target to help ease some of their emotions. Things had gotten muddled though as he hadn't had time to deal with it himself emotionally knowing that his own blood had done something so unforgivable. But right now in the midst of all of this yelling and screaming he had closed his eyes and sought to quell some of the wild emotions he was feeling inside.

It took him some time and many questions, many accusations, many defenses were sure to have been missed, but he had found enough calm to sort out what needed to be sorted. He took in a deep breath and exhaled it out slowly before opening up his eyes. He turned to [member="Ra Vizsla"] , his Mand'alor, and said in serious tone of voice, " Jack is dar'manda. He proved that with his own actions. He deserves to pay for what he did and you will have his last known location so he can be hunted like the animal he has become. I will return back to Mandalore and do what I can for our homeworld. You are our Mand'alor and so your word will be my command. It is the way of the Resol'Nare. The way of Mandalore. Jack betrayed both his people and his clan on Kashyyk. I was foolish in thinking there was hope he could be saved back when he said he was going to war and should have captured him then. I didn't and that is my fault. So by your command Mand'alor do as you will with me, but please find mercy for my clansmen who have done nothing wrong." He left it at that as he just stared at Ra. He didn't care what everyone else had to say. All he was interested in was what the man who his cousin had ambushed and was as much stabbed in the back as clan Raxis was had to say in response.

Taira sighed. She had, in essence, gotten exactly what she had wanted from Gray. An acknowledgement of Jack's atrocious actions, and a demand for his culling. Honestly, as much as a part of her wanted to take it out on the man, she had her own reservations. And did all of Raxis deserve to suffer for their sins? Did the whole clan deserve punsihment for this? She sighed, pointing her fan skyward and standing, for the first time.

"It is decided then. Gray, we shall honor your request. We find you guilty, of negligence, of inability to command your men, and conducting yourself in a manner at odds with the Resol'nare. However, we offer no such judgement upon your clan. Ra will see to you, and to yours. However, my sword does not thirst for your blood, nor shall my clan judge you. Jack, on the other hand, is no longer one of us--the Mand'alor has already declared it. For him, trial and justice are mercies he doesn't not deserve. Teh Clans shall be given all relevant information on him, and he will become hunted for his treachery. His Queen's Guard, or whatever he deigns to call his fellow treacherous minions, will also be dealt with, scattered to the winds or put to the sword. Any who wear the regalia of the Traitor Jack are enemies of Clan Balor, and we will strike them down without hesitation. Jack--no longer fit to be allowed his clan name--will die a traitor's death. I will happily aid any who desire his fate to be so, and whomever takes his head shall be granted a place of honor in Clan Balor, should I not be able to do it myself" she said, her voice a little louder, but no less stern. "Balor has voted, and shall remain in silence now." She sat back down, folding her fan into her robe, sitting and sipping her drink. The other clans could decide and declare. She had said her peace. Balor would let Gray take his lumps, the clan would be allowed to move on, and the dead of Kashyyk would have their names sung while Jack and his minions were dashed to pieces. A simple bit of rage from a lesser Alor. But strong enough to still fight.

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Samael Rekali"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Arla Balor"]

K E L D A B E
Ra listened.​

The Mando'ade were clamoring over each other like wolves for a ribeye. They wanted vengeance. They wanted blood.

Ra had promised them a return to the old ways, but some of these arguments were absolutely atrocious. This was less of a court and more of an angry mob.

Samael Rekali said:
"Not only for Gray- Ardgal, Kay, Jack, they are all guilty. Negligence, complacency, outright treason, all of them contributed to the lives lost on Kashyyyk."

"And where were you, Alor'ad Rekali, to defend us from this terrible treason? The Rekali's I fought alongside said you were home, bedridden with the pig-lizard flu. Or was it spice withdrawel? I can't recall."

Ra had a poodoo-eating grin on his face. He had terrible comedic timing.

The grin dropped when Gray spoke.​
He was admitting fault.​
Finally.​
"Silence," Ra snapped at those surrounding Gray, still clamoring to sink their teeth into Clan Raxis with words. Words, words, words. This terrible argumentative streak left Ra desiring to be back on the beaches of Kashyyyk, sword in hand. The Iron Wolf was a warrior, not a politician. His people were warriors, not politicians. Words would only go so far. Actions spoke louder in the Clans. Jack's action to betray. Gray's action to come before the Clans and be judged. Ra's action to take up arms against the corrupt Core. Action. It was Ra's way. It was the Clans' way. It was the Mando'ade way.

"The die is cast, the Clans have spoken... you are a brave man for coming here tonight, Alor Raxis."

Ra was still recognizing Gray as Alor of Clan Raxis.​
"...and you have decided justly." Gray was admitting fault, caving to Ra's initial demands in the Garden. "Family has blinded Gray," Mand'alor spoke to the Clans surrounding him. "As the Crusades had blinded Clan Verd. As Arasuum had blinded the Alor Council. ...As the traitor has blinded me. We are an imperfect people, with an imperfect past." The goliath Iron Wolf closed his metal crushgaunt into a fist, staring before them all. "Will you recognize temptation when it comes for you? So great are we, are we immune to the blight Arasuum assails us with? Our enemies surround us. They hide in the shadows. They squalor in the darkness. It festers in all of us. We recognize that. I've made peace with that.

The fight, the challenge against it makes us who we are. Warriors. Brothers. Blood."

Ra began slowly pacing in circles, slowly unclasping his armor and revealing his pale, warpainted, massive torso.

He began beating his chest.

"I do not condemn Gray's family to death, my vod. Clan Raxis is blood of my blood. They stand betrayed, as I am betrayed."

The Iron Wolf held up his sword.

"I do not condemn Alor Raxis to the Netherworld as Dar'manda, for he willfully seeks atonement."

Ra thrust it into the fire, blade first.

"I judge Alor Raxis guilty of being blind to his family, of being blind to his people - not of conspiracy, not of treachery. Of caring too much about those who give too little."

Mand'alor stopped in front of Gray, slowly beating on his left painted pectoral.​
"I do not believe it is Gray Raxis who holds the knife in my back,"
Ra placed his massive left hand on Gray's shoulder.​
"Hold out your hand, brother."

Gray heard [member="Ra Vizsla"] begin to speak. He was surprised by the amount of words their Mand'alor was speaking right now. He was half convinced the man would die from some kind of curse if he said more than so much at once or in a day. As he spoke though it became clear to Gray that the man had some kind of plan in mind for him. He didn't know what it was, but he knew something was coming. So he turned to his wife [member="Stardust Raxis"] standing next to him and smiled to her. He then gently pushed her away to tell her to give him some space not because he isn't want her there but because it would be best she were not.

Gray turned his attention back to Ra and listened even more. The man said that Gray had been blinded by family....and it was all too true. Gray had lost too much family before his eyes already and it nearly consumed him. The thought of it happening once more was almost more than he could bare, and so it had blinded him to how far Jack had gone. He had been blinded then, but was not now. He was accused of caring too much for those who gave too little. It was a crime he could not deny. He had allowed his attachments to his cousin to stop him from acting when he should have. It all surprised him though, just how calm Ra was right now. But he had already sensed Ra had something in mind and it just supported that fact.

When Ra placed his hand on Gray's left shoulder and told him to hold out his hand, Gray knew what was to come next. He just smiled to Ra in the same fashion he always did when going into a fight. A smile of a man who wasn't happy about what he faced, but rather smiled in spite of that fact. He said as he held out his right hand towards his Mand'alor, " As my Mand'alor commands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom