Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Great Nexu Hunt

LothalHauntedCaves.PNG

POLITICAL REGION: Bryn’Adul SPACE
LOCATION: Haunted Cave, Shattered Stone Wilderness Preserve, Loth
Objectives: Rescue Desert Nexu., Loth-cats, Loth-wolves. Collect biome samples, plants for future restoration. Survive the Bryn’adul
TAGS: [ Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen ] [ Keatoch Keatoch ] [ Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc ] [ Vrun Ryssic ] [ Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt ]

Mia was exhausted, and they’d only just gotten here! Her swarms of probe droids had eventually found a pattern in the outer system patrols. Well, less a true pattern than a necessary adjustment of their random patrols, to account for a near-by star going super nova. That simply meant that when the planet was on the wrong side of it’s own star, and the moons were opposite of the fierce deadly solar winds erupting from the brand new super nova, a competent and clever commander would move his vessels out of the direct path of those deadly winds. Sustained exposure would destroy sensors, make electronics go haywire, and could have unfortunate effects upon the crew.

The short window only occurred rarely, and Mia had been in a tearing hurry to get here in time. If they failed today, it would be more than a local year before the astrophysics lined up again. By then, there was every chance the Super Nova would have lost some of its punch, or the commander would have deployed specialty gear to counter it.

Flying in tandem with Omen had been a blast; they’d done a few drills on the way in. And oh, Sith lord, a few fighting drills, too. Though Mia had had to spend the lion’s share of her time with her droids, analyzing data and keeping track of the enemy fleet. Oh, and of course, trying to keep the Echoy’la Sun running, while screening Omen’s smaller vessel as much as possible. Her course had taken them right in from the Super Nova, surfing the turbulent space weather, and angling for a hidden landing in the middle of the Shattered Stone Wilderness Preserve.

That’s where the ragged victims of the Bryn’adul terraforming had gathered, desperate for any chance to survive on a world no longer their own. Mia shook her head, trying to shake off the horrors of the poisoned world. She stretched and stood up, surrendering her Sensor suite to her Aunt Lynn, spinning to leave the Bridge.

Uncle Jherel touched her on the shoulder, and murmured, “Be careful, Mia’ika. Listen to Omen out there. He’s done this sort of thing before, and you haven’t.”

A tired grin over her shoulder and a wave was all of the farewell she offered; it was mean of him to try to make her cry, just before her mission.

Squaring her shoulders and she gestured for her BB8 droid and his float palate to accompany her. “C’mon, Beetle, or we’ll be the last ones there.”

COM to All: ⌁ Hunters, we are here. I’ll meet you at the Docking Bay. ⌁

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Tag: Mia Mereel Mia Mereel
Omen did what he always did to pass the time while he waited in the docking bay, playing five-finger fillet with his hand while sitting on a work bench and hoping the sharpened butterfly knife didn't lodge itself in his armor. He was fairly nervous about this. He had never done anything to do with hunting down and herding animals before but this would be something new from his regular schedule at least. He also had never had to teach a kid before but teaching Mia over the last couple of days had been surprisingly enjoyable. She was overall a good kid even if she scared her Aunt half to death sometimes, he only hoped that he could get her home in one piece.

When Mia would enter the hanger, the clone would put away his knife and nod to her. "So, go down there, get as many animals and people as we can before the Bryn show up and ruin our parade? Is that the whole plan or is there more to it?" It was so close to show time that he could feel it in his bones. Now if their show could only have no complications, he would be a happy man.

Han would be double and triple checking his gear making sure he could unholster it and have it ready at a moments notice if need be. Having heard Mia's orders to make his way to the docking bay he would don his helmet and make his way to the docking bay. Just another Job, Don't get ahead of yourself and keep your cool and you should get out of it alive, remember your training

Making his way to the docking bay he would nod silently to Omen and remain quite unless spoken to.

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Mia Mereel Mia Mereel

Tags: Mia Mereel Mia Mereel | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc

Wait, they were doing what?

Eliz stared out the window in disbelief as they dropped out of hyperspace into a super nova. The Chissalorian obviously didn't stare into the star for fear of going blind, but the fact this was the plan filled him with anxiety. This was how his story would end. In a bright wave of light. He fully expected to be dead when he closed his eyes, anticipating some kind of eternal blackness. Only, that never came. Aubin, his ever faithful Ursod, nudged his hand to pull him out of this trance.

".. Huh? Didn't think we'd go to the same place."

He chuckled, still somewhat expecting that he was indeed dead. Only he wasn't. The call to meet in the docking bay made that much clear. No way his afterlife would still involve work.

Unless it did.

Panic brushed through him for a moment before he squashed that down. Dead or not, jobs a job. He arrived with the others, though obviously lacking in weaponry. Charrics weren't exactly known for their non lethal settings. They wanted the Nexu alive, and presumably unharmed as possible. Blasting them with crippling burns until they surrendered wasn't the sort of thing he figured would be good for that.

None of the others seemed to care about the near death experience, though. Which had him staring with disbelief as everyone was business as usual. Was he the odd one for still being full of anxiety on that? He let out a sigh before slipping on his helmet and wandering over to gather up some non-lethal weaponry.

"Given the stunt we just pulled, we'll hopefully be free to round some up before they even realize we're here. So I think that's a pretty good plan for the time being."

Vrun Ryssic

V
Objectives: Preparation.
Tags: Mia Mereel Mia Mereel | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Keatoch Keatoch | Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt .

In their voyage to the Bryn'adul world where the native species of Nexu were to be hunted, Vrun had spent the entire time sitting alone within the Cargo Hold cleaning his weapons in preparation for their assignment for what was to come. This Hunt would not be like his others since leaving Hsskhor, not since he and his brothers and sisters had been taught to hunt as a pack.

The Trandoshan's signature firearm was the Hybrid Blaster Rifle which he had modified to the heavy repeater configuration. In this mode the dual barrel magazines allowed for 250 shots before needing to reload, encompassing heavy stopping power and long-range accuracy, perfect for prey like the Bryn'adul who were large and formidable opposition.

Of course, if Vrun had his way, he'd have the thrill of exchanging blows in melee combat using his Vibro-Ax. The custom made weapon that for most combatants required two hands to wield, yet with his superior strength, the weapon was an efficient killer whilst being able to duel wield his stun-baton or stun-net to incapacitate his targets.

Having finished fastening his cuirass and ensuring his Hunting Apparel was fit and ready for what he hoped would be extremely violent combat, the Bounty Hunter was primed and ready for the fight to come, and just in time to hear the comm's call instructing them to meet in the docking bay. Giving a grunt as he stood to his feet, Vrun left the solace of isolation to join the rest of the pack.

"This one looks forward to the challenge" Vrun announced his arrival by responding to Eliz' remark, housing his blaster rifle over one shoulder and studying his peers, curious to see their choice of weapons, to learn their tactics and preferred tactics within a fight.

Arash Garshasp, Stellar Centurion
Action: Waiting
Interactions: Open

0b983febc33bf95fda92c69559583bd9-dc976k8.png

Arash’s curiosity had peaked when the discussion turned towards heading into the Bryn territory. The scourge of the galaxy, terrors of the south, their names were growing into myths and legends with their unrelenting push into the Silver Jedi region of space. Perhaps with the downfall of the Sith Empire the rest of the galaxy’s attention could finally turn towards the Bryn’Adul themselves. But those are future thoughts and plans, the hunt today is presently underway.

The young Thyrsian pushed the excitement of future battles and war waging to the back of his mind for the time being. It was an unhealthy practice to remain wound up for battle for long stretches of time, so Arash steeled himself to enjoy the hunt that lay ahead of him. Comforting himself with the knowledge of future battles, he eased himself up and placed his armour on. The crew quarter he had been given was comfortable enough, but the air was far cooler than what his own ship maintained.

Perhaps best not to invite the sun to warm us up. The idea of moving into a system with a dying sun, gasping by shooting high intense solar flares, gave Arash slight pause but his own ship was tagging along and figured if anything did go wrong he at least had a backup. Hearing the communication that all were to head to the docking bay, Arash grabbed his helmet and quickly reached their meeting location.

His eyes scanned the large open area around him, already most of the hunters had gathered. The young Thyrsian’s crimson eyes grew wide with excitement at someone mentioning the chances of a Bryn’Adul scouting party finding them as intruders upon their territory. With a growing smile that tugged the corners of his lips Arash waited patiently for the next stage of their plan. His questions would be answered when they reached the surface and the hunt finally could begin.

|| Mia Mereel Mia Mereel | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc | Vrun Ryssic ||

objective: wait till told what to do.
Han would park himself in a seated position were everyone else is meeting up at sharpening his vibroblades. By the time Han finished the first blade he passed a glance to Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt "Hey kid I hold no promises but ill try my best to make sure you dont bite it on this hunt, by my understanding things could get very Fethed really quick. I trust our other companions can hold their own or at least help keep you from dieing as well unless, your protector is a clone of a real mando." He spoke the last part with some semblence of disdain. Before standing up and holstering his blades, "Hey Mia we starting or what? Dont want this hunt to be picked clean by the time we get there."

Sergeant Omen

Objective: Trash talk
Omen stayed silent during the roll call until he heard the snide comment coming from the Silver and Black-armored Mando. He remembered that the warrior had respectfully nodded to him when he had come into the room and he had nodded back. And now this naasade was trying to bash him to the others. The clone rolled his eyes before responding over the remarks. "If you don't want me going then I won't go. All the better to get rid of a hut'uun from the genepool who can't insult people to their faces." Yes, he knew hut'uun meant coward in Mando'a, the worst possible insult that can be leveled at a person's head but Silver was being an idiot and coward by not coming to him with his concerns before they were in the briefing. If the Silver hut'uun wanted to escilate this interaction, Omen would only have to apologize to Mia for getting blood on her decks afterwards.

objective: Trash talk
"oh by all means stay and do your hunt, You have my respect for being Brave enough to do the hunt just don't expect me to Treat you like a Mandalorian, your a vat grown child parading around like a man however you got the respect id give another shooter." Putting his second vibro blade away he began to load his blaster carbine and change out the power pack before doing the same for the high capacity blaster pistol.

Turning to face the clone Han shook his head "If others want to treat you like a mandolorian thats their buisness however ive yet to see a reason to treat you as such, mabie on this hunt you can prove to me you earned that title. Mabie you can take your prize money and go visit Kamina or whatever its called these days." after he finished loading his weapons and changing the power pack he would remove his helmet and take out a sterilization wipe and appy it to his neck while he prepped a combat stim before they went left the hanger bay.

Sergeant Omen

Objective: Making Silence
Omen took his helmet off calmly and laid it on the box that was his seat before marching over to the Silver naasade, grabbing him by the neck as he was getting ready to apply his stim and slam him up against one of the hanger's bulkheads, pressing his butterfly knife against his throat. His eyes were filled with fire as the clone growled his last words to the man. "Listen here and listen well... I have done more than you'll ever do with half the lifespan. I have fought the Sith at Korriban, I have taken down terrorists and I have actually dealt with the Bryn before while protecting an entire planet with the Jedi while all you have done is getting drunk in the Oyu'baat. I don't care what you think of me in tiny little brain of yours Naasade but don't foul up the clean floors of this ship Mia has been so kind to give us a ride on with your untrue comments and your lies. Maybe I'll have to make you a second mouth so at least one of them doesn't pour out sludge like a toxic waste dump if you don't stop. Is that understood?" If the vat-grown child got an affirmative back, he would throw the naasade down on the durasteel floor hard like the sack of feces he was and go back to his seat, put his helmet on, and listening to music as he tried to drown out the bad thoughts in his head. If not... well he might have to make the second mouth sooner than expected. Either way, they would see who was really a man at the end of this ride.

Last edited:
Objectives: Rescue Desert Nexu., Loth-cats, Loth-wolves. Collect biome samples, plants for future restoration. Survive the Bryn’adul
TAGS: [ Keatoch Keatoch ]

[ Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen ] When Mia reached the Docking Bay, the Sergeant was sitting quite still, save for the flashing speed with which his knife slashed and struck. The thunk, thunk, thunk of each hit grew to a faster and faster pace, a veritable blur! He stopped abruptly, to look up and offer her a nod of greeting.

A smile flashed, and she bounced on her toes a bit. “
Ah, I can see why you are so deadly in combat!” Not that the drilling hadn’t made clear he was a force to be reckoned with, “Most people would not have had the attention to spare to even notice my entrance while trying to cut a finger off. Err. Not cut a fighter off, I suppose.

Omen reviewed the plan once more, and Mia nodded agreement. “
Yes, it’s basically a hostile exaction,” where the target you are after is resisting you, and oh boy, but the Nexu would resist, “Combined with a search and rescue op.”

[ Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc ] Behind Omen, the White Wolf hunter stood, quiet, his helmet already locked in place; Mia gave him a happy nod, too.

[ Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt ] Nodding to the Chiss-alorian as he approached the offered selection of non-lethal armament, Mia offered a cautious, “
We might be met by Bryn’adul, too, so be sure everyone has a Cryoban weapon or two.

The table nearby offered an assortment of weaponry, for those needing a bit less lethality:

Stun Staff
CS-33 Firespray Stun rifle
DC-15A Blaster Rifle - with a stun setting.
Stun Grenade
Cryoban Rifle
Cryoban Grenade
Net Gun
Electro Shock Net

A cranky, re-purposed RQ-HD8 RQ-HD8 Protocol Droid stood behind the allotment of weaponry. The photoreceptors flashed to an angry orange, and the droid turned it’s head to regard Mia, as she bit out, “Serves you right if you do! Why, you nearly fried my circuits on the trip in.

Shaking her head at Mia, the HD droid recited her instruction slowly and carefully, as if doubting any of their ability to understand. “
The Loader Droids will handle the animals once you have contained them. Simply shoot them and get out of the way. Our Carbon freezing facility is already standing by.

In contrast to her Droid, Mia beamed at Eliz’s comment taking it as an unrestrained complement “That was indeed the plan, my friend. But I’ve no idea how long it will be until they do sense us!

[ Vrun Ryssic ] The Trandoshan loomed, well armed and dressed in hunting gear. He announced his readiness for the hunt, and Mia fully believed him. He could hunt a dinosaur, without breaking a sweat. This would be easy for him, right? Again caught between relief he was here and fear, her grin flared. Sometimes scary was good. “
Good to see you, Hunter. You look ready.”

[ Arash Garshasp Arash Garshasp ] The final hunter appeared, red eyes gleaming, grin wide, and Mia all but bounced in place. “
Welcome, welcome … there’s weapons here, if you need anything.” She watched him a minute longer, pretty sure he wanted to hunt Bryn’Adul, not merely Nexu.

Grinning at the assembled warriors, Mia then turned and marched past the waiting shuttles and down the large loading ramp. As she did, her lovely back kimono flowed around her, morphig and changing to form a light and flexible armor. She paused to lift a back pack with extra Oxygen canisters and spelunking gear to her shoulders, then stepped into the bitter, destroyed landscape of a haunted world, running sensors over the terrain and mapping a route to the cave.

Behind her, quiet-seeming discussion broke out. She imagined they were discussing tactics, or what weapons to choose. The call of her name was met with a distracted, “
Mapping our route, one sec …

It took a minute longer for her mind to untangle what Han had said of Omen, and her head whipped around to stare.

What?

Even as she moved back up the ramp, Omen had replied in his quiet, diffusing-the-tension way, that he’d stay behind. Mia couldn’t tell, if this was teasing banter between team-mates, or true hostility. Mandos could be fractious and brawls (good natured and otherwise) were not unexpected, so long as they didn’t impair the team.

But the White Wolf’s refusal to acknowledge Omen as Mandalorian was a different sort of trouble, altogether. For a frantic moment, Mia wished her aunt were here. Or her Uncle. Her gazed swept through the young hunters - and only in this moment did she realize they were all young hunters.

Oops.

The White Wolf’s notions of what it took to be Mandalorian stunned Mia; no wonder his Clan had died in a civil war. It both made her furious and broke her heart; Mia didn’t do well with either strong emotion or inner conflict.

Hey, mer’sheb (rude for smart aleck), that’s my A’liit (family/clan/Way) you are talking about, stop being mean!” Mia stalked up the ramp, shaking.

Being Mandalorian isn’t about anyone impressing you. It’s about following the Resol’nare; it’s about the heart and mind.” She punched Han in the shoulder, with all of her might. Which was … unimpressive. But at least her feet were centered properly, this time, even if her hips didn’t follow through and her aim was mediocre. Yay, lessons.

No one cares if you were squirted out a vagina or popped out of a can. No one gives a shab (you can guess) who your parents were; only the parent you’ll be.” Sith-Lord-on-toast, she sounded like her Aunt. A shudder went through her.

She gestured out the ramp.

This shebla will get us killed. For real. And I want you to live.” A beat passed. “Both of you.”

(Dha Werda Verda on spotify)

Turning to Omen, she shook her head. “
He doesn’t know. His A’liit killed each other. He doesn’t know
Vode An, doesn’t know how to have brother. We have to show him. I don’t think he even knows the Dha Werda Verda!” An ancient Mandalorian war-chant, dance and battle-exercise all-in-one, Dha Werda Verda exemplified both the unity and diversity of the Mandalorian culture. It was damaging enough that broken bones and smashed faces resulted if the warriors were not both sharp and able to trust each other. Created when the Tuang themselves were in decline, first bringing many other species into their culture. The chant was a forceful show of strength and unity that was beat into the blood and bones of the their spiritual heirs. Still held up as an ideal of their people, it exemplified Mandalorian culture at its best.

(
Vode An on Spotify)

objective: Making peace.
Being pressed against the wall and a knife pressed against his throat Han listened. He didn't show signs of fear as he kept his stone cold expression on his face throw-out the entire speech turning his head he would tense the muscles in his neck letting off pressure against the knife as he turned his head to look at Mia. before looking back at the clone His hand still holding the needle that he was to use on his stim. putting it back in his stim pouch hed lean into the knife.

"do what comes natrually soldier, you'd be doing me a favor."

Objective: Getting on board the vessel

Run and you'll just catch it, he was told, he decided to join in some Hunting but he was cutting it close. The ship could have left by now and he'll miss his chance for good. Thankfully, the ship hasn't left yet, good. Then he hasn't timed it wrong. He was a Mando, well a relatively new one but still one of them.

But that's not the point. He ran down towards the still open hangar. Vulcan can still get in. So once he reached the ship he stepped inside and was suddenly aware he has walked into something less than cordial. So he stood on the threshold, not quite sure what to do, he didn't want to draw too much attention to himself at this point, lest he'll aggravate whatever is going on here. So, Vulcan quietly boarded the craft.

Sergeant Omen

Objective: Preparing to drop
A smirk graced the Clone's mouth as he looked upon the lone wolf while Mia drowned on about things like the creed and the good old "You aren't what your parents were" speech. Omen wasn't listening, it was all just fluff to him anyways. He didn't worship the creed as Jhira and Mia did, he wasn't even fully Mando. He felt no pity for the man, not after the way he is acted. And then he heard him speak and the smirk turned to the thin line of understanding. "I know that feeling, that feeling of being left behind. I won't give you the mercy of seeing them again in the afterlife... Not now, not ever..." With that, he let the man go and walked away, picking up his helmet from his seat and put it back on. The trooper collected a DC-15A, a Shocknet, cryoban grenades, and stun grenades before loading up on the dropship. He only nodded hello to Vulcan before getting a seat, turning his music on, and prepping for the flight down to the surface.

TAGS: [ Keatoch Keatoch ] [ Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen ] [ Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc ] [ Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt ] [ Vrun Ryssic ] [ Arash Garshasp Arash Garshasp ]
THREAT(s) for you to destroy, if you choose: A large probe droid, and an old, battle droid.
TARGET(s) for you to obtain, if you choose: Small pack of five Loth-Wolves. Two healthier Nexu. Assorted plants and soil samples.

The White Wolf gave her a cold look, then tried to commit suicide via Omen.

Mia froze, aghast; she could not imagine that kind of self-hate. Pain she knew; survivors guilt and frozen lost loneliness she’d dealt with in the shattered remnants of people her clan had taken in. But self contempt on that level was beyond her.

The appeal to Omen had no response, at all.

He ignored her, locked in some inner hell with Han.

It hurt. He rejected her, with his silence. Better he should argue or yell or even hit her, rather than ignore her out of existence, making her less even than the man he’d come so close to killing. She trembled, and could not say if was anger or pain.

Omen collected his weapons, ignoring everyone, heading down the ramp and towards one of the gun ships.

No,” Mia interrupted his studied silence. “We walk from here.”

Vulcan appeared from his stateroom, ready to hunt, and Mia waved at him, tension evident in her body.

HE Omen was willing to greet; Mia ground her teeth so hard it hurt - those standing near by may even have heard it. She stormed her way onward. She’d have kicked him on the way by, but it would only have hurt her foot.

Let’s go, everyone.

She marched into the storm, not looking behind her to see if they followed.

LothalLandscape.PNG

The air was gritty, a slow corrosive toxin. All around them dead and dying vegetation rotted, rustling in the poisoned wind. Skeletal fingers of earth rose up, remnants of the vast battles fought - and lost - upon this once beautiful world. The sky was streaked with ash and soot. Yet all was not wholly lost, not just yet. A strange steam, blue-green where dim light hit it, rose up. Helmet sensors and HUDS, if queried, would admit that this was steam, rising from a fissure in the earth.

Angry, eager, hurt, Mia walked on, ignoring the scattering of strange, emaciated Loth-wolves that closed upon her with desperate eagerness. From above, a low growl emanated … other predators had noted her, as well. She walked on, anyway; the team knew their purpose, knew what each animal was worth alive. Fighting was not her mission, here. She’d let them work out who got what.

Unless they went at each other again.

Tracing a pathway between brittle earth that might drop her down below prematurely and any ridge high enough to avoid detection by the custodians of this ruined world, she focused only upon her mission of path-finding, and sending the safe pathways to each team member’s HUDs.

Too angry and hurt to concentrate properly, Mia missed the first tale-tale warning of an electronic signature where it didn’t belong; muffled with state-of-the-art ECCM, her HUD system did no more than register an anomaly. Utterly focused upon finding a safe path around hazards she’d anticipated, the young Mandalorian failed to notice the creepy, terrifying hum of a military-grade probe droid landing nearby.

Nor could her sensors interpret the cause of a peculiar whining; the electronic signature belonged to a creature that was both too old for modern databases, and too well prepared for war. For the vast damage to the planet had unearthed an ancient, Clone Wars era defender.

The Patrol man music

objective: Save Mia, and earn a paycheck.

Should Han feel apolagetic twords Omen, did he himself go to far in his choice of words? the mind can be a daunting mistress for one alone and dead to the world such as Han. in his own way of apoligising he saved alot of the more valuable targets for Omen and planed on giving him part of his cut.

while Tagging and bagging creatures for pickup Han would notice the Mia walking off ahead of the group still angry about what he said earlier. Fallowing Mia he would pick up on the droning military sound of the probe droid which made him stop and pause. Surely that couldnt be it right? Hes well aware of the rather substantial bounty for clone war issue battle droids but why would they be here?

Walking forward he looked around him to the environment piecing it together before realizing the issue. "dumping grounds..." Slaming a stim into his leg he moved to catchup with Mia before things would go south Taking out his blaster pistol carbine he fired off a burst off fire at the droid as a few hits hit its armored frame and dented and slagged some metal but not taking it down for the count.

"Omen contact on my twelve Battle droid probe!" as he would say this two B1 ones that seem to have seen better days before being dumped on the planet peeked up from Mia's left with litle time Han got between her and them as they fired a few shots two hiting him in his side and chest.

"Make that two more to our left." Han says between breaths as the bolts heat left a small crater in his chest armor but no damage to himself were as his side might have gone threw leaving burn damage underneath but the stims preventing Han from feeling the pain at the moment.

OOC: Mia gave me permission to add these

Tags: Mia Mereel Mia Mereel Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Sergeant Omen

Omen winced softly as he exited the gunship, seeing the frustration on Mia's face. It is not that he didn't believe in the creed, he just didn't believe that a document should dictate your whole life. Words on paper are black and white while a person's action could be very very grey. As long as he did what his heart told him to do and could justify it to himself and others after, he would be alright with his decisions. Hopefully, her being pissed off didn't screw this whole thing over...

The Trooper was slowly walking behind the group, studying the local flora and fauna and wondering what the catch first when he saw the Loth-wolves he had been sizing up start to bound away and an alert pop upon his ancient hud that B1's were nearby. Battle droids? Why would there be battle droids be here... Maybe it's a malfunction... It was then he heard Han's blurry voice over his headset and looked to see what he was talking about. Sure enough, two battle droids had gotten to the feet and had started to fire ineffectually at the party with their rusty E-5's with more started to rise from the ground. He quickly uttered a curse. Mia had landed them on top of a droid graveyard. He was definitely going to talk to Jhira about scouting out a planet before dropping guests onto it to have fun the next time he saw her. To be honest, Omen was surprised their cookie-cutter blasters were even working after 800 years of wear and tear but he guessed that was his luck. "Copy" The Clone quickly got to one knee, sighted in, and shot the two Battledroids in the head with two shots from his Stun Rifle, frying their circuits and making them fall to the ground once more. "Down" He then sighted the probe droid bearing down on Mia while she stood there shocked at the sight of her new friends, firing with its small attached blaster. The Clone sighted in once again and hit it in its thruster, making it beep in anger and start what the Clone knew was a self-destruct sequence that would let her meet the Mandolorian gods in person.

Omen quickly got to his feet and sprinted past Han to the young adult warrior, picking her up in his arms with a grunt while ignoring any of her cries saying that she was fine. He was not letting this young kid with her whole life left ahead of her die in this forsaken world despite any yelling that she could take care of herself. Plus he also knew that she wasn't as good as a fighter as she thought from their various sparring sessions. "TAKE COVER!" was the only words the clone could get off before a decent-sized explosion ripped through the surrounding area and metal fragments from the droid sliced their way past his armor and penetrated their way into his back and legs, making the ancient warrior throw Mia onto the ground as he collapsed with a strangled cry of pain. But being injured wouldn't stop Omen though, not now, not ever. As soon as he collected himself while on the ground, he sat up with a wince of pain as the metal punctured into his legs dug in deeper into his cybernetics, firing away at the Battledroids as they advanced. His voice stranded as he activated his comlink in his helmet "Omen to Party, do a... fighting retreat back to the ship. Any wildlife... is bound to be scared away by now. Try to fire at... the exposed unarmored limbs... and the droid's head. I'll try... to cover you.. as long as I can" With that out of the way, all he could do is to keep on firing and hope Mia would call in Aerial support to bomb the area filled with marching battle droids flat. A little smile crept onto his face. Dying to the same enemy he faced off against 800 years ago, wouldn't that be good material for a heroic tune. The trooper could only hope the galaxy's composers were listening in the stars. He wanted it done by the time he joined them in the afterlife.

Mia Mereel Mia Mereel , Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc , Vrun Ryssic, Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt , Arash Garshasp Arash Garshasp , Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt

Last edited:
Objective: Collect wildlife

Having picked a few plants and captured insects to take back with him and for study. The moths had indeed proved to be a difficult endeavour as they kept flying away when he went to catch them. But he got enough to start with. That is until he heard Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen 's warning that they are not alone anymore. From what was described, it was a droid. He himself only had a blaster, but that will have to do. So he placed the jars of live moths into a secure pocket and joined in the attack/retreat. Who would try to fight one with a single blaster?

Well, he did have Thermal Detonators on hand, and those are useful. Vulcan grabbed one and threw it at the droid. He'll keep throwing them until one hits its mark, he fires his blaster too. Aiming at the limbs of the droid, as he is backing up towards a safe vantage point, keeping both the droid and his comrades in eyeshot. This wasn't exactly how he thought this would go all the mission said was to go retrieve wildlife, not fight a whole group of droids.

No way is he going to die here no, he'll do what he can to at least give the others some time to get away from the current predicament.

Last edited:

Vrun Ryssic

V
Objectives: Complete the Hunt
Tags: Mia Mereel Mia Mereel | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Keatoch Keatoch | Han Tuusoc Han Tuusoc | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

“Good to see you, Hunter. You look ready.”

Vrun Ryssic had nodded in response to Mia Mereel Mia Mereel 's remark, the others conversed with her, some of it appears linked to the Mandalorian way of life, however Vrun's sole focus now that they were off of Mandayaim, was to begin and complete the Hunt, to take their targets alive and then leave to receive their pay.

The Trandoshan began to walk with Mia and the group, carrying his Hybrid Blaster Rifle in both arms and giving the firearm another run over with his eyes, noting the readiness of the weapon for the coming exchange with their targets. The Hybrid Blaster could be dismantled and rebuilt to a variety of configurations, this time being set to its Assault Rifle config and primed with non-fatal stun rounds. Each capacitor could hold up to 100 rounds per reload, boasting a high rate of fire and power output across a long-range without sacrificing charge velocity.

The rifle wasn't his only weapon, of course, he carried the BAW-57 and BAW-55 Blaster Pistols on each hip, while his Vibro-Ax remained sheathed against his back, alongside his Repulsor Pack. In most cases, being heavily armed wouldn't have been so questionable in his line of work, although in this case, their prey wasn't quite as aggressive as Vrun was accustomed to dealing with.

On the other hand, these droids that had arisen to begin firing upon the group were much more provocative. "Thiss iss more like it..." Vrun hissed with satisfaction as he lifted his rifle to put them down. Unfortunately, one of the others decided to intercept Vrun's joy time by referring to a thermal detonator.

A reverberating growl rolled up his throat and soon turned into a slow hiss out of annoyance. Given they weren't living targets, the Trandoshan decided not to make an issue of it. The Hunter would continue to move with the group, keeping an eye out for more opportunities to express his love for all things violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom