Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress The Golden Gun - Now with 100% less ether

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

Clxe04R.png

1a55ACA.png

MJSj9cS.png

"They called her; The Girl with the Golden Gun"
—The Storyteller

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: High-powered Blaster Pistol
  • Size:
    • Average
      • (33cm)Length
      • (3.5cm)Width
      • (19cm)Barrel
  • Weight: Average(1.2kg)
  • Ammunition Type: Blaster gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small(100)
  • Effective Range: Average(50m)
  • Rate of Fire: Very High(900rpm)
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
e9sWWId.png

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Distinct Snap Sound
e9sWWId.png

STRENGTHS
  • Beskar Piercing:
    • Using an array of highly modified and perhaps illegal parts, The Golden Gun is able to output several times the power of other blaster pistols, producing high intensity beams that can, with concentrated fire, potentially pierce many Beskar armors in a splash of sparks and partially melted steel. Though this could happen at any range under 50m, The closer an armored target is, the more likely each shot is to pierce, wound and kill.
    • If that wasn't enough, These bolts carry enough force behind them to then pass into the body once the armor is pierced, leaving slightly deeper than average wounds. Enough to potentially hit vital organs and, with a well placed shot, kill the foe inside their armor.
  • Hairpin Trigger:
    • While the hammer is held down, The firing mechanism greatly decreases it's pull weight and operates as a hairpin trigger mechanism, allowing the user to fire their weapon as quickly as they can apply pressure to the trigger, of which very little is required.
  • Lightning Gun:
    • Based on the famous "Staccato lightning cannon", This particular weapon uses an advanced targeting computer to lock onto targets within line of sight. It then uses a rotating Redirection crystal located in the muzzle to adjust the bolt's trajectory as it leaves the barrel, targeting center off mass(or what is directly visible at the time). This allows the user to score fairly accurate hits from the hip.
  • Turadium Carapace:
    • Because of it's Turadium carapace, This weapon has the potential to survive a small number of direct hits from the infamous Lightsaber and other energy based weaponry. It's external components however, may be damaged in the process.
WEAKNESSES

• EMP\Ion:
    • This weapon does not feature any tangible defenses against Ionic damage or EMP technologies, easily being shut down or even damaged internally by such weaponry.
  • Cloaking:
    • The enhanced targeting array of this particular weapon is dependent on a variety of sensors. Technology that can hide from or otherwise disrupt these sensors can affectively block it's Auto-locking features, forcing to the user to target them manually.
  • Capacity:
    • Because the Golden Gun is able to output such intense blaster bolts, It quickly consumes both more power and gas than the average blaster. The capacity has been halved from the average 500 bolts to only 100 bolts per power pack. Anything more and the blaster would likely overheat and even melt, forcing the user to flick the coolant lever after expended roughly a hundred rounds.
  • Internal damage:
    • Should the weapon's carapace be breached, it is possible for the Cyroban coolant system to leak. This could freeze the internals or even the entire gun, forcing the user to replace any and all damaged parts before firing again.
  • Plasmatic ballistics:
    • Due to being simply a modified blaster, The Golden Gun's blaster bolts are still not intense enough to pierce thicker materials such as a wall or blast door in any practical manner. Instead, bolts are likely to leave small chunks missing from earthen materials or small melted inclines in a metallic wall.
MJSj9cS.png
DESCRIPTION
Following a daring raid in the Yhuuzhan'tar system, it became clear to Aloy Vizsla and her associates that things in this galaxy were about to change forever. Mountains of Beskar were discovered in a storage facility that could have been used to armor entire legions in their sacred metal. Despite the Mandalorian's outrage, the true scope of this horror was only realized after;

Outsiders could now be armed with caches like these three fold.

And so, They immediately set about creating weapons that could pierce Beskar armor, so that it may be taken back and reforged by worthy hands.

One of these weapons was built as a replacement when Tayl Vizsla's heirloom Hand-cannon was broken by Tusken Raiders during a her journey to Anchorhead. Though she had her own concerns initially, she reluctantly gathered the pieces necessary for the Bounty Hunter Jackal, her partner at the time, to build a blaster using the knowledge of her Mandalorian allies. And so she created one of the first in a series of Beskar-piercing weapons native to Mos Motesta.

The first of these weapons was known as "The Golden Gun", And was as renowned for it's beauty as for it's barbaric nature.

p1UD36K.png

Last edited:
Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

An interesting weapon submission.

Before we get into it there is a major issue we'll need to address.

Shield piercing:
  • Due to the nature of the Lumineferous Aether, This weapon is likely to bypass the vast majority of energy shield technologies. It would most likely take a shield using Etheric frequencies to effectively block or dissipate. This is because rather than firing a beam of coherent energy, The weapon simple alters the density of Etheric Matter attached to atoms and particles within the beam itself. As the Lumineferous Aether is in affect, the matter between space and time itself, it is left unaffected by anything which cannot effectively alter it's frequencies.

Please show me the canon evidence that this is how the Lumineferous Aether acts.

Hi John Locke John Locke ! Sorry for the delay, I know this one might look a little strange and you guys might feel a little anxious lol
Fresh out of therapy tho! so I'm all yours for the time being.

Anywho, This project is based on the now Chaos-canon Lumineferous Aether first applied to the site through the Etheric Modulation Component. True-canon is sadly lacking, however, a number of people much smarter than myself have pieced together the implications of the Aether sourced from old legends books and applying it to the real world theory. The wiki itself doesn't list them sadly, so it's going to be difficult to source it on wookiepedia?

HOWEVER, With the Etheric Modulation Component, Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch has expanded the Aether within Chaos-canon, which is one of, if not The primary source(s) for this submission. I believe it draws on the old but real world theory of the same name, The "Lumineferous aether", Which sadly cannot be applied to real world science in the modern age.

HOWEVER, The existence of the Etheric Rudder Implies(I think), that the real world theory of Lumineferous Aether does apply to space in the Star Wars universe!

Luckily, He has also sent me some messages to help me understand the theory, and Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher actually found the real world Wikipedia link to the actual theory itself. I've used this all to clarify the shield piercing in the main post, and partially reworked the description field to better explain how this thing and the Aether it uses actually works. Very sorry! I'm not real smart nor a physicist, but I think we should all have an idea of how it does it's thing now?

ANYWAY, I'll explain here as well just in case.

According to Burtch's work and the theory itself, The Lumineferous Aether is the medium through which light travels through space and time. According to the implications of the Etheric Rudder and the expansions, or maybe explanations, found in Burtch's work, it's also a physical force that can affect the physics of space and how Starships interact with it, and maybe even the physics of star wars in atmospheric conditions as well. It's very similar to both water and atmosphere, so many of the same rules apply to starships and in this case, weaponry.

With this in mind, The gun is using a component that affects "frequencies" within the Lumineferous Ether to change the density, mass, whatevs, of a physical object within a veeeery small area. These Etheric particles are then bound to light particles or waves through similar technology as an Ionized solar cannon, that then travel through the unaltered Aether to it's destination. So in theory, if light can exist through the shield or object, the affected ether should be able to pass through it as well!

All in all, I think the balance trouble would mainly come in larger versions? It can only affect a veeery small point right now and still travels only as fast a blaster bolt. If it were much larger, it could seriously bust something up by affecting more mass. It's kind of like a gravity gun almost, but doesn't require a gravitational force present to function, seeing as it's not truly affecting gravity itself? More so the actual mass of a veeeery small point. It's just similar in function imo to creating a crap ton of gravity in a very small area ig. It's not powerful enough to say, create a black hole, but it's just enough to quickly grind weaker objects into shards or at the very least crack something open by turning it's own mass against itself in that small point.

Thank you for that explanation, I do understand somewhat better where you're coming from, however, I'm not yet convinced that this is within the spirit of Star Wars.

I believe that your argument is based on a fallacy, that is the ability of the Ather to affect objects.

it's also a physical force that can affect the physics of space

According to the wookiepedia article on the Luminiferous Ather

It also had to be massless and without viscosity, otherwise it would visibly affect the orbits of planets.

I.e. without the effect of the Rudder and associated technologies, it wouldn't be able to affect physical objects. It isn't a case of the Ather affecting objects, but rather the rudder affecting the Ather. The Ather is meant to be a medium through which light travels, not a particle which can be attached to light. You also cannot slow down the speed of light, so we have here an effectively unblockable weapon travelling at the speed of light. Even a Jedi Master's reflexes would be incapable of blocking a show from this blaster.

As such I'm going to say that this interpretation is against the spirit of Star Wars.

However, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this weapon, and I don't want to just deny it out of hand.

You compared the gun to a gravity weapon. An examination of Wookiepedia shows that almost all gravitational weapons are ship-based, such as the Gravity Bombs and SIngularity Mines, while planet-bound gravitational tech does exist, it is very limited, I refer to such technologies as the Gravity Belt and the Repulse-hand. The difference between these two is that planet-bound gravitational technologies are very localised effects whereas space-based tech can affect a larger area. A gun, such as the one you're creating here, would be affecting targets at range, even on a planet.

In terms of this weapon, if it's given capabilities and weaknesses that are analogous to an existing weapon, then that should be fine. Something to consider would be the weapon affecting the rather, giving it mass which is launched at an opponent. This would then be subject to physical blockers but would penetrate energy shields.

Please let me know your thoughts after you've had a chance to consider these points nad let me know if you'd like the submission to be moved back to the pre-factory while you work on it.

I'm not yet convinced that this is within the spirit of Star Wars.
John Locke John Locke That is very objective I think? It's a fancy laser beam. That's kind of at the heart of star wars. Frankly, if we could apply "the spirit of star wars" to any factory sub we wanted, doesn't that mean we should start removing cyberpunk-esque and IRL AR-platform slug throwers from the factory?

Or how about the inordinate amount of Warhammer 40k crossover tech, refs and NPCs sprinkled throughout chaos? Or the entirety of the nether, which has become unique to chaos-cannon as a hellscape grimdark fantasy horror show?

Like, I genuinely don't understand how the "Spirit of star wars" has anything to do with the factory\codex. Unless you're not talking about the "aesthetic" of star wars? If that's the case, then I really don't know what this means.

I believe that your argument is based on a fallacy, that is the ability of the Ather to affect objects.
The argument is based on the already pre-approved technology from which this one is derived. The Etheric Modulation Component uses the same technology as the Etheric Rudder but refines the process to, potentially, do more. In this case, The aether is a physical force because the device makes it a physical force.

The Ather is meant to be a medium through which light travels, not a particle which can be attached to light.
Regardless of what the canon (and poorly explained) Aether is "meant" to be, This weapon changes the Aether itself. How? damned if I know! I'm having to attach Canon technology to make it work despite both canon and chaos tech being scientifically impossible, alongside Etheric Modulation Component and it's own approved lore.

so we have here an effectively unblockable weapon travelling at the speed of light. Even a Jedi Master's reflexes would be incapable of blocking a show from this blaster.

That's putting words in my mouth.

I haven't said anything like this in the entire submission and I'm genuinely a little hurt that it's being treated like I'm making a super weapon over here, when I've already said once or twice in the sub that it's really not much more effective than a high caliber bullet. The only thing this has on other weapons? Is that it's a new class of damage and therefore slips by basic canon shields.

IF I had written it the way you're saying, yeah it'd be pretty scary. But as a little pistol that is basically just a new type of blaster, it's not scary because it's some "Anti-Jedi weaponized LIGHT". it's scary because it's barbaric. It leaves bloodied wounds like a slug thrower instead of cauterized marks like a blaster.

I think what's happened here is that this is new, and new is scary. It's easy to see it and be tempted to slap the ban hammer on it without considering the Intent. And the intent here was to make a base for a new class of weapons.

The intent was NOT to make a create an Jedi deleting insta-kill flashlight. And it never will be.

Even then, Be honest. Jedi can be overpowered asf on chaos. I think the fact that I haven't bothered trying to create a catch all Jedi killer says enough about where I'm going with these subs anyway.

If you want me to try and bs my way into explaining that this thing slows down light, even though it shouldn't matter because it's described as being like a blaster bolt anyway, Then I am more than happy to! but please don't treat me like I'm trying to destroy the meta.

You compared the gun to a gravity weapon. An examination of Wookiepedia shows that almost all gravitational weapons are ship-based, such as the Gravity Bombs and SIngularity Mines, while planet-bound gravitational tech does exist, it is very limited

I compared the end results, not the methods.
The weapon operates by manipulating various frequencies within the Lumineferous Aether, which alters it's mass and the mass of physical objects within a very small target area. These frequencies are attached to a small beam of light within which the affected Etheric matter travels, Densifying atoms within a small blaster bolt-sized area until it "implodes" on itself, affectively crushing material with it's own rapidly increasing the density of mass until it is affectively "crushed" against itself, creating a hole no larger than a bullet hole
It's kind of like a gravity gun almost, but doesn't require a gravitational force present to function, seeing as it's not truly affecting gravity itself?

^As you can see here, it's never said that this IS a gravity gun. Just that the end result would be similar. The difference here is that it's not manipulating gravity, just compacting things using the Aether.

Isn't the whole point of the factory to innovate and create new technologies? I'm not sure that limited new tech because old tech, that is vaguely similar is "limited" makes sense ngl.

In terms of this weapon, if it's given capabilities and weaknesses that are analogous to an existing weapon, then that should be fine.

I'm going to quote myself this time and say that, again, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me? It already has analogues of existing tech, even though it's something new all together.

3 out of 6 strengths are directly taken from existing weaponry. Even then, shield piercing munitions was first introduced to me via the Cycler rifle in Battlefront(2015), which is considered canon. Despite being a basic slugthrower, and a primitive one at that, it trumps some of the most advanced tech in sci fi. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that new class of advanced weapons that don't fire an energy projectile would have the potential to bypass shields designed to stop, well, energy projectiles.

4 out of 5 weaknesses are as common in star wars technology as they are just common sense imo. the 5th is new because the tech is relatively new itself.
If I need to add more, I can try?

Like slowing down the speed apparently. I thought it would already be a slow enough projectile tho? Given that it's described as being like a blaster bolt. Figured that would just be a natural limitation on it's own, that it wouldn't really be noteworthy ngl? but I can add it if that's unclear.
Something to consider would be the weapon affecting the rather, giving it mass which is launched at an opponent. This would then be subject to physical blockers but would penetrate energy shields.
Like this here specifically, I kind of thought that would be the case already. Blaster bolts seem to have a degree of mass despite being just some burning gas and a fancy light. And the sub itself already mentions that a stronger material like Beskar for example just dents at first, then finally it might be cracked or pierced or whatever.

However, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this weapon, and I don't want to just deny it out of hand.

I appreciate this not just being banned right out the gate. I am a little upset that it was even an option though. I'm pretty sure this is mostly a misunderstanding behind my intention and that new things look scary.

That being said, I might also be misunderstanding some things? I'm really confused in general rn. Doesn't help that i got a lower dosage than im supposed to of some important meds, so I'm like, irritable and not nearly as patient as usual rn <.<

So, sorry in advance if i missed smth

I'll start making changes as soon as i understand what exactly it is i need to do with this thing

Last edited:
Full Stop: Your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Stop. This is not an acceptable tone to take with any member of site staff. This is your first and only warning. I suggest that you take it on board, I will not warn you again.

You're also wildly confusing several different concepts. There's a difference between "The Spirit of Star Wars" and a crossover submissions in which players draw a little too much inspiration from other genres. You're coming out swinging, offended, for little too no reason.

It's fine not to understand what the spirit of Star Wars means in regards to a submission. The burden of deciding that falls on the Factory and the Codex.

This doesn't fall within parameters of what is acceptable on the site for several reasons. We're judging this submission based on its merits. Not Burtch. And looking at this we can see that you've adapted the work of someone else to force it to fit.

It doesn't.

No one put words in your mouth. This is the interpretation of the submission based on a full evaluation. I'm attempting to work with you and give you the benefit of the doubt but if you continue to submit things to the Factory you need to accept now that submissions can be denied.

The Chaos links and Wookie links do not allow Aether to be used this way and to claim that it does ensures that it isn't "just a fancy laser beam" in essence. None of it is just a fancy laser beam.

If you want that - Submit that.

Not this.

I'm going to move this submission back to the pre-factory to allow you edit it and re-write what needs to be altered.

The next time myself or one of my judges addresses you I suggest that you leave the attitude to the wayside as well as personal information. I'm the Factory Admin, not a place to vent or discuss health issues.

as well as personal information
I was trying to say that I might not be coming off the way I mean to. That's all.
even apologized in advance.

And looking at this we can see that you've adapted the work of someone else to force it to fit.
As for this... I'm working with him via DMs on it. He seemed pretty excited when I showed him the first draft in the pre-factory, and has been offering me advise on what changes to make according to a least a couple of your responses. I can collect screenshots or whatever kind of backdoor link the staff want, if you guys are concerned that I'm stealing, forcing, whatever this is meant to tell me.

I'll start making changes as soon as i understand what exactly it is i need to do with this thing
^I'd still like to get an answer for this so I can make the adjustments you want me to. I think some specifics might have been lost in translation and I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with the sub.

And, I'd also like to ask whether I need to tag someone specific or just copy paste this back to the factory once I've made your changes. Last time I tried to have a sub moved from the pre-factory to live judgement, I was told you guys don't do that anymore? But I'm not sure if it's the same for subs that have been moved back and forth like this one.

The Etheric Modulation Component has been retroactively denied. You will have to adjust this submission to work without that technology.

Once you are done you will need to copy and paste the submission back over to the factory. Factory staff no longer police or transfer submission from the pre-factory.

The Etheric Modulation Component has been retroactively denied. You will have to adjust this submission to work without that technology.

Once you are done you will need to copy and paste the submission back over to the factory. Factory staff no longer police or transfer submission from the pre-factory.

Can you tell us why, please?

I've completely overhauled the entire submission to be on par with existing technology as per your requests and to clear up any misconceptions.

Please don't ban someone else's hard work because of my own, especially without looking over the changes.

I know it's been discussed in DMs but I thought I'd mention it here for anyone who doesn't have context;

Yeah, The Aether doesn't even exist in star wars the way my group thought <.<
I understand the ban now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom