Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sRNjrYI.jpg

“War was life for the Sun Guard. Flesh their meat and blood their wine. On days where they did not see combat, they recounted it, learned from it, and found new ways to do it better. That set them apart from other brands of Mercenary, who placed lesser emphasis on personal perfection. That was why they wore Gold, that was why they praised the suns, and that was why they stood out and shone brighter than the stars.”
- Silas Furian, Stellar Centurion.

yKaLZKb.png

With the very Stars aflame; caught in the grips of endless war, Good Soldiers are hard to find. Some stand beneath billowing banners of every colour and stripe, mindlessly obeying the commands of their supposed betters. Others believe themselves fighting for righteous causes, serving the ideals of others and destined to die in blissful ignorance to the secular truth. The Sun Guard, however, eschew this mindset, for those Gilded Scions are Warriors - not Soldiers. Though they stand beneath a flowing banner of Black and Gold and fight in service to a righteous cause - it is both an ideal and purpose of their own making. Through their merit and martial skill at arms, these Gilded Warriors seek to carve out a lasting legacy amongst the wartorn heavens; proving that the wheat hath separated from the chaff. Such is the primordial truth. That only those with the strength of arms, and character have the right to lord over their nameless lessers.

Join us. Let us reshape your history, so that you may forge your future anew within the ever-growing ranks of the Sun Guard. From shadow and shame, reborn; and in gold and black, recast.

Immortality lays beyond the dawning horizon; take it - it's yours.

“A Hunter is paid with Credits. A Soldier is paid with Glory. A Sun Guard is paid with both.”
- Jaya Tandris, Sun Guard Initiate.

yKaLZKb.png

The Golden Company is an all-inclusive faction that strives to satisfy the desire to write Mercenary Warbands or Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars universe. Centred around a semi-obscure “Sith Cult” in Star Wars legends, the Sun Guard, there is plenty of opportunities to grow into and make this sandbox something memorable and unique. Especially when compared to the various Republics, Empires, Jedi, Sith and Mandalorian-based factions.

Creative freedom is something that I stress when concerning the welfare of the Faction. Without the people who willing chose to devote their time to this exotic idea, the Golden Company would be nothing more than a vanity project. That’s why, even though I’ve gone ahead and made the foundations for the Faction, they can be changed or expanded upon to fit the Sun Guard’s interesting thematic better. I encourage this mindset, as I would love nothing more than to have others leave their mark on Chaos’ history and build something truly unique in the process.

Please Click the Following Link to see our Faction Homepage. [Click]

Please Click the Following Link to join our Discord Server - Guests and Visitors are Welcome! [Click]

If you have any questions, please feel free to voice them within this thread - or within our discord server - and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as humanly possible.

FAQ:
  • Q: Does my Character have to be Thyrsian in order to join the Sun Guard?
    A: Traditionally speaking? Yes. However, as we’re in a New Age and our numbers would dwindle dramatically if we stuck with that antiquated mindset. The Golden Company accepts almost every species into our ranks. So long as you’re not Echani - You’re Golden. ;)

[*]Q: If my Character is not Thyrsian, will they be looked down on - or treated poorly?
  • A: Sadly, there’s no simple answer to this question. After your Character spends the probationary year in service to the company, and are brought into the fold, they’re generally considered Kin (Be they Brother, Sister, or what have you.) But, because of the varied stance(s) held by the Sun Guard - be they New Age or Old - it varies from Cohort to Cohort.

[*]Q: Thyrsians are traditionally considered to be Patriarchal in nature - Does this mean that the Sun Guard of the Golden Company follow suite?
  • A: No. There’s been a bit of lore mentioned by other fansites that state the Echani, and by extension the Thyrsians, have been misconceived to be highly Sexist. However, when translated over to Chaos - those ways died in the aftermath of the First Echani Invasion of Thyrsus long before the Bengali Uprising. Like their Sunborn kindred, the Sun Guard are a meritocracy - where Gender and Species are essentially meaningless. Skill is all that matters in their eyes.

[*]Q: As a Mercenary organization, is there any limits on who we can be contracted too?
  • A: Not really. So long as the Client is able to meet our asking price, we’ll do whatever is needed to get the job done. With that being said, there are several Factions out and about that haven’t paid their dues in regards to contracting our services - so it’s usually frowned upon to work for people that don’t pay. However, one way or another, we’ll get what’s owed eventually.

[*]Q: What is your stance on the various Force-using Religions that populate the Galaxy?
  • A: In layman’s terms? So long as they pay well, we’re not really one to fuss over something like Religion. However, when it comes to Sith - the Sun Guard have had a traditionally rocky relationship with them, as Sidious nearly wiped them out during his Rise to Galactic Emperor. It’s not something that the surviving Thyrsians would easily forget. So, there’s a lot of caution ladled out whenever we deal with Sith - essentially greeting them as friends, but keeping with one hand on our blades. Jedi, on the other hand? The aggressive one’s have a price on their head, and make things entertaining when we come to collect.

[*]Q: Will you have a Force-Using Religion of your own?
  • A: You bet. Some of my members and I are working towards creating the Lightsworn. These will be our armour-clad warriors who bend reality around them to defend and bolster their allies, or tear down any opposition that stands in their way. They’re still in their conceptual infancy, so there is plenty of potential to help shape them into something truly unique - especially with the upcoming Netherworld map.

[*]Q: If I join the Golden Company, am I expected to solely RolePlay with other Sun Guards?
  • A: No. The beautiful about being a Mercenary, a Bounty Hunter, or whatever Character you decide to create within our Organization, is that we can go anywhere and do anything with anyone - and story, or plot-wise it’ll fit. With that being said, as I’d like to push towards earning Major Faction status one day in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you jump into any Golden Company-centric threads too.

[*]Q: You mentioned going Major, what changes would that bring about?
  • A: A lot of thematic one’s that would be translated poorly in this medium of questions and answers. They’re also a work in progress, as I’m trying to flesh out the Lore of the Sun Guard and the natives of Thyrsus before starting my inevitable push towards getting that Major Faction cred. Stable foundations ensure a long-lasting Faction, afterall.

[*]Q: What if I don’t want to be a Sun Guard, but still want to partake in writing with the Golden Company?
  • A: The Thyrsian Auxilia, the Golden Armada, the Lightsworn, or our Emissary Corps would be the perfect place for you! These standing forces basically cover everyone within the Organization that isn’t a Sun Guard, and makes up the bulk of our fighting force. From simple “boots on the ground” to fighter pilots and naval officers - the Sun Guard wouldn’t be anywhere without these brave men and women - and aliens too. Or, if you were interested in the darker side of our Organization, you’re welcome to join the ever-growing ranks of the Helots - which are basically our Slaves. The options are endless!

[*]Q: What are the various Inspirations for the Thyrsians, and by extension, the Golden Company?
  • A: Primarily the Sun Guard were inspired by the Roman Legions, due to their canon ranks and organizational hierarchy. However, diving deeper into the fragmented lore these fearsome warriors were more akin to the Grecian Hoplite (Most notably the Spartans - due to their martial heritage.) From there, many other inspirations were added into the mix - Klingons, Fremen, Nilfgaard, and the Clans from the BattleTech universe were tossed in for good measure. As you’ll note, many of these sources house a proud warrior tradition - which is something that I endeavour to emulate with the Sun Guard, and the Thyrsian people thereafter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom