Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Galactic Alliance

Individuality.

Independence.

Freedom.

The galaxy has been in a state of turmoil. The arrival of the Primeval, the domination by the One Sith of the land to the north, the stagnation of the Republic and the collapse of the last free sanctum of the Levantines have left the galaxy unbalanced, and dangerous. With the Omega Protectorate disbanding, the last vestige of a secular and able bodied nation to defend the galaxy from the forces of evil has vanished.

But wheels are turning. Along the Ison Corridor, our beyond the Sanctuary Pipeline, citizens of the galaxy are working to establish a working government focused on surviving the darkness, pushing it back, and bringing about a nation that focuses not only on active protection of the its citizens, but on providing a safe harbor in the galactic storm.

The Alliance.

The Alliance is founded in the hopes of providing the best of all worlds to the galaxy. A place for the defenders to launch from, while providing homes and livelihood for those who are displaced by the terrors in the galaxy, the Alliance is founded upon the belief that there is something worthwhile in everyone, but the only power is what one person can do. Lead by an interplanetary council that concerns itself with policing and enforcing the well-being of the member planets, as opposed to creating policy for the whole.

Guided by the military, the Alliance is tasked with locating, finding and securing planets that want to become member-worlds. In addition, the Alliance military looks to free the peoples in the galaxy from wasteful, dangerous or corrupt nations, to allow them to self govern.

With no official state religion, the Alliance allows its members to practice their own beliefs, so long as they do not break the three components of the nation: Individuality, Independence, Freedom.

Welcome to the dawning of a new age.

OOC: Interest check. To see if something that is new, decidedly good side would be of interest. If this gets hate, we lock the thread.

If this is going to be a fairly laid back sort of thing, I'm all for starting an allied order of Force users who are more concerned with helping people than worrying about piddly things like Light and Dark.

[member="Eralam"]
They'd settle far west, I'm looking around Hoth/Bespin area, just because that part of the map is empty

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]
Yes... ish about the post-GR Alliance from the Vong War.
The concept is to make a simplified (wicked simplified) and low-key 'light side' faction, to give people a place to go, to test out what works well with the dark side factions and remove what (my obeservers) seems to bog down other factions.

[member="Eralam"]
Its a secular nation. Force Orders would be allowed to practice, but they'd not be the focus. It'd be a gathering of planets looking to embrace their own freedoms, assist in protecting others, and creating a free-space that also competes against the Empire-style factions that may or may not be suppressing how a planet represents itself and behaves. No subjugation, no forcing anything on a world. Worlds would self-govern but assist in the main fleet.

Military would be a driving force, but not a leading force.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

I'm cool with that. I'm not thinking of a group that has anything to do with running the place. Instead, I'm more worried about holding up the ideals that the Jedi are supposed to follow: protecting the weak, defending freedom, and upholding the peace. This will be a secular group, where ideology takes a backseat. We're not worried about eliminating the Sith, unless Sith come around and start oppressing people. We'll deal with that on an individual basis.

This order won't be inherently militaristic. We won't have the means to fight a war, because we won't be fighting wars. If one comes into Alliance territory, our focus will be on protecting civilian populations and minimizing casualties.

Would this be something you'd be interested in working with?

Maybe. Right now I'm just tossing ideas around to try to start something new. I feel with some factions, (Again Corey opinion) pushing too hard on a state religion is very tricky. I am looking heavily at Omega Protectorate and Levantine Sanctum. Its very very simple. But with clear goals. This isn't so much "Jedi" as its the last scene of Boondock Saints (Do not murder, steal, oppress) for its ideology. We don't need to push the Force to be on a light side, we need to push just being a normal person.

Removing the super powers (which is coming heavily from this character's own ideals) of the Jedi and Sith, and just letting people be fixes a lot of problems.

We're worried about freeing people that need to be free. And if that means mounting an attack against The One Sith, that means taking down their government, their military and their ideologies, not a religious war.

[member="Eralam"]

Yeah! I'm not cutting any ideas out, right now this whole posting is to see how the bare bones concept feels. Then adding other divisions. The type of Forcer you describe would be right at home in this concept.

Rexus Drath

What separates this from the republic and the rebel alliance? Because if this were to go major at one point it would run into the same problem most lightside factions do before losing activity. They are more or less like the republic and there's no real distinction between them. I know the rebels tried to do the whole space Russia thing but that didn't pan out well, I guess people hate communism in space too.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Right now, again, its planning phase.

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. The faction would be less focused internally, without a huge senate to start with, and as such we'd be more a militaristic and humanitarian faction. Doing what we can to repel oppression, enforce freedom, and be a bit more unified in our goals. The Alliance would declare wars against the OS as they are sucking up worlds, and potentially oppressing their worlds.

Additionally, we'd work as a more streamlined light side counter to the OS. Not so worried about what we are, commie, soviet, not-see, etc. Each world can be what they want, but they're a part of the collective.

[member="Rexus Drath"]

Unless better ideas come around, that allows this to be a very low key, chill atmosphere.

I formally submit to you an idea I had a while ago on a similar premise: A.D.O.S.

The Alliance to Destroy the One Sith.

A super-faction composed of every factions slighted by the Sith represented in one key territory intended to obstruct and push back the One Sith incursion in former Fringe Space, to divide and conquer the empire as one organized system of military fronts.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
[member="Darth Vornskr"]
I'm a shark, not a seal.

[member="Fatty"]
Partly this was inspired by some back-room chats of concepts blending do-gooder Factions to take down the OS horde.

Dudley Doo-Right is our Spirit Animal

Rexus Drath

[member="Corey's OOC"]

I respect the whole planning phase. But what you have described would be more or less the Vitae Alliance, more humanitarian and militaristic to stop the spreading of corruption and the dark side of the force. Just you know, without being run by strange fox people and sociopathic dark side dictators. Personally I think that you would need to reinvent the wheel to even remain active. While you are going for a more chill vibe and more internal story telling that eventually drops off and dies within a few weeks due to a problem that chaos has all together. You got to look at it like movies and people as viewers. Would you rather go see the indie movie with clever characters, plots, and a story. Or, would you rather go see the smash mega Avengers Transformers Ninja Star Wars blockbuster. Sadly most people lean towards the more popular which is major factions and dominions. But I'm not going to be a negative nelly all day and say what can go wrong without giving out a few thoughts for the dream machine.

1: I think a faction like this could be really fun, I'd say give it a more Guardians of the Galaxy feel. Set it to some 60s through 80s music and make it more witty, fun, and engaging with a serious undertone rather go full on grit and good versus evil.

2: I think maybe place assets on one key planet and keep the rest in space kind of like a vagabond fleet. I think that would be kind of cool, migrant fleet kind of deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom