Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
Lilicky comedy aside, I would like to make a shameless plug here.
For a while I've been toying with bringing back Tasgetius (which I had planned to do and failed to do so during the Netherworld Event). This also likely meant that the Knights of Kal'Shebbol would make a resurgence (however I felt that while that faction itself is a solid idea, the multiple times that it has come and gone hurt it more each time). I took aspects of the Knights of Kal'Shebbol and will continue to look back at it as I further merge it with my current project.
The Terminus Imperium is set up and designed after the Goa'uld Empire.
Hear me out on this, as even I see its a bit convoluted, though I believe it can work.
Essentially the Terminus Imperium is a Faction of Minor Factions. The idea being that there is a Supreme System Lord whose sole function is to ensure that the Terminus Imperium remains together, and only takes control over the entirety of the faction when it is threatened by outside influence. This means that every leader of a Minor Faction is named as a System Lord, and for all intents and purpose (both IC and OOC) said System Lord controls their minor faction wholly without influence from the Supreme System Lord.
If you go this route, the Omega Protectorate would continue to be able to Dominion worlds, hold them and govern them (as it is doing now as a Major Faction) with the only difference being the Faction Influence Cloud expanding would be that of the Terminus Imperium.
I know that there are many whom would otherwise view this as just the same as merging with the Republic, however I would like to encourage the possibility of discussing this for its Pros and Cons.
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
[member="Ayden Cater"]
[member="Cira"]
[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Lilicky"] [member="Cira"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

So basically a large alliance of minor factions that work together? How would we deal with territory disputes? Or possible ideal clashes?

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
That is part of the Terminus Imperium, and directly taken from its inspiration of the Goa'uld Empire. Internal Territorial Disputes and Ideal Clashes are welcomed. In an odd way of looking at things, they are fostered as they are meant to ensure that the strongest reign as System Lords or the Supreme System Lord to keep the faction itself strong.
The Supreme System Lord is essentially a referee and would be there watching these internal disputes, ideal clashes, etc etc, and would only decide to step in when they feel that it has become detrimental to the faction.
Likewise, it would encourage the minor factions within to expand their influence as greater power comes with greater responsibilities, rewards and ultimately the chance that when the current Supreme System Lord vacates their seat, it can be taken by the most powerful System Lord's faction.
I understand that many people would look at this and think it is crazy. I like to think that it is possible to pull this off, that a faction can thrive and survive by using the Goa'uld Empire model as it would encourage small groups that are already working together and rping, to remain active and to spread their influence under the cloud of a Major Faction.
[member="Cira"]
[member="Ayden Cater"]
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Lilicky"]

Honestly I like this. It's not only different, and different is good, but it provides a lot of different people to join and have different paths they can choose. Kinda like a RPG game.

The vote is still in favor of going minor, so thats where we're going.

That isn't to say the Pyre won't entertain the idea of joining your new faction. We've got some things to clean up before we can do this, and in that process who knows what can happen.

It was a good, lengthy run for a wholly unique faction concept. Wouldn't have changed it for the world. People will be free to stay in the faction, join others, etc.

Who knows what the future will bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom