Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KFjuWMOSQ

The events of Korriban have sent a shockwave across the galaxy.

The Silver Jedi Order, repelling the Sith Order, were responsible for the cold and brutal fleet bombing of Korriban City, killing at least 10,000 people.

The morals and standing of the Silver Jedi, and the Jedi as a whole, are thrown into doubt and it is a time when enemies will use this to their advantage to strike.
In the eyes of the galaxy, to their allies and enemies, the Jedi are no better than the Sith they have fought to hard to repel from their borders. Those who looked upon the Jedi as defenders and guardians of the Light now see them as murderers and heartless criminals who need to be stopped before this happens again when the taste for power gets too much. Only a few still have hope the Jedi can redeem themselves when a galaxy is as unforgiving and quick to judge as this.

Grandmaster [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] and the Council have debated on what course of action to take next and there is one option they agree on; hunt down and bring in [member="Charzon Loulan"] - the one responsible for the bombing who acted without command from superiors on the count of treason and mass genocide.

Jedi Master Connor Harrison waits in the Operation Chamber before contacting the Grandmaster about taking on the mission to track down the fugitive. But before he does, he needs time think on the correct course of action to take before all he has worked to protect and comes crashing down around him...​
- - - - - - - - - -

PART I
A Broken Order; A Broken Spirit

chamber-of-command2.jpg

Silver Jedi Operation Chambers
Voss; Voss System

He felt like his head was going to explode.

It had been...how long had it been since returning from Korriban...two days? One? Three? They had bled into one long, sleepless nightmare.

The Silver Jedi were on high-alert across all stations in their sector. The temple was on lockdown and Ranger scouts were on double patrol.

Since the bombing on Korriban, the view of the Jedi were tainted, and it was down to the Order to change that quickly. The commander who led the bombing run, Chorzan Loulan, was on the run; a fugitive evading the call to answer for her crimes. Crimes that resulted in the death of thousands of innocents and turning the Silvers into the enemy when they had only tried to be the heroes. Everything changed in a heartbeat from the second the first bomb impacted.

Connor Harrion sat on one chair of the secret operation chamber only the Masters knew about; a room at the depths where communication could be made to all Silver outposts and allies across the galaxy. It was where they could see the latest news feeds also, and the hostile view of the Jedi in the wake after the dust-clouds had settled and the fire's burned out.

In his eyes, Chorzan should be on the end of a rope for her crime. Or executed. Or killed and dumped on the Sith doormat. Connor's mind worked overtime thinking about all the things he'd like to do to the one who had thrown everything he had worked for into uncertainty, and put everyone he cared about in jeapordy. That was unforgiveable, and if someone had to get their hands dirty to protect and preserve the Order and let the galaxy see they did not condone this brutal act, then Connor was the man to do it.

Running his hands down his face, his small beard bristling under his fingers and his eye twitching due to the wound, he let out a sigh as he thought about what to propose to Thurion and how to convince him to let Connor be the one to bring her in. Only then could they start to repair their alliances with the galaxy.

The ops room was cold, quiet and peaceful. It was a place where nobody could make him feel any worse and sick then he ever had before.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Meanwhile, over Castameer, Charzon overlooks the remains of the Republican 17th Fleet, that which she used as a forlorn hope knowing that she was given the scraps of the Republican Navy to fight the Rogue One Sith with. She lost all three cruisers, all the attack craft as well as one frigate, at a minimum. But forlorn hopes were more often associated to siegecraft on land than to space combat; in the space case inflicting 1-2 losses, that it, killing 1 meter of enemy ships for 2 meters lost, in a forlorn hope was the gold standard to consider that a forlorn hope has been effective. For what was currently known, the ratio of kills to losses was about 2/3 as far as the 17th Republican Fleet was concerned. The Mateus, the flagship of the 17th Fleet, was used on Korriban as well, where they precipitatedly left Korriban and then head directly to Castameer, where she hoped she would meet her death there while avenging Korriban. It was damaged, and it needed repairing. But Charzon was alive, which complicated matters. Many on Korriban hoped that she would die as well over Castameer.

"Ringo Vinda is de facto a Silver Jedi world but it is not prioritized by any SJ law enforcement agency due to it not being officially Silver Jedi property"

"But, admiral, they know you're a Ringovindian; they will look for you on Ringo Vinda from the moment we dock the Mateus to a drydock for repairs!"

"You said so yourself that the Mateus needed repairs, captain. May the Silver Jedi make better use of the carrier than I did myself"

"Rest assured that, as a carrier captain I will be closer to my oath as a Jedi, that I actually took, unlike you"

"Mateus, jump to lightspeed! Everyone else give chase to the enemy reserve forces!"

While the Mateus was going back to Ringo Vinda for repairs, the other units, made up of ships that no one else wanted command of, gave chase to Rogue One Sith fleet remnants and Charzon's second-in-command was the most senior squadron commander. Rear-Admiral Jondol would be commanding that chase force, where Charzon retreated back to Ringo Vinda where she had business to tend to regarding both her Techno Empire Senate seat, and control of Ringovinda StarYards. Jessica would inherit both. Jessica already faced a lot of pressure, and that's a lot for a subsidiary CEO that designed ship components. Tacking on a Senate seat? That was pushing Jessica to the brink.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Joza Perl"]

The dust had barely settled after the loss of Korriban, and their warriors were returning home one by one. The Silvers would not be allowed to lick their wounds in peace, not after the travesty that was Korriban. So many things were unclear to her. Who was this Charzon, and how was she directly affiliated with the Silver Jedi? And why did she think that an orbital bombardment was a good idea?

Joza had remained on Voss during the invasion. Guilt ate away at her the entire time, and she could not find rest easily. Usually she was there, engaging the enemy or otherwise defending. Doing something and not sitting by idly while the little seed of life slowly grew inside of her. Joza wasn’t good at being responsible for herself, much less someone else. But a thought for later.

Now that the Jedi had returned and reports started filtering in, Joza was at a loss for what to do. So many lives lost, so much angry sentiment against the Silvers. Something needs to be done. She bit her lower lip. But what?

Eager to see exactly how their image was being tarnished, the Zeltron made her ways towards an area she had little experience with—the secret operation chamber. Its presence was made known to her upon her promotion to Master, but so far she had little use for it. Maybe now she’d be able to filter through the incoming reports and separate the truth from the propaganda. But as she wound her way through the temple halls and towards her destination, a familiar presence pricked her senses. Familiar and important enough to cause her pace to quicken a bit.

She managed to compose herself as the door opened, a surge of relief coursing through her at seeing him there and apparently largely unharmed aside from the usual scrapes and bruises of battle. Her shoulders visibly dropped with relief, but in the next instant she was trained on more than his physical health.

“Connor,” She spoke softly, afraid that anything more harsh would disturb the eerie peace of the chamber. “I heard what happened. I’m sorry, I…” Stepping forward, she clasped a gentle hand over his shoulder and gave it a squeeze.The woman ignored any sort of perceived barriers between them, feeling that this was more important that appearances. Her thumb brushed gently along his back and she exhaled lowly. “That schutta will pay, Connor. But how are you holding up?”

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor heard the door go, and the click of heels, but he didn't look up. He just stared at his hands, resting on his knees. The metallic floor below was just a blur. Everything was right now.

She was here, safe and well. And this was the result of the promise he made? He had returned and brought this nightmare back with him, and in her condition too. Her voice was a comfort, and her touch was soothing. But where to start? So much had to be said, and explained, and discussed. Why now? Why now??

”I saw him,” he said. The image of the fight was as clear as day. The Force Lightning. The rifle shot. The punches and fireballs. ”Haytham. I saw him on Korriban. We fought. He nearly broke my wrist, shot me in the face and almost pierced my stomach with a saber. He got away....”

His voice cracked, and his hands went to his face, fingers peeking through his fringe as the emotional stress bubbled up in him.

No tears...just an exasperated, tired expulsion of air through trembling lips and a face that bore the brunt of war. His head lolled down.

”And then we saw it. He loved it, of course, but left. Said he's return...and another stood with me and we saw it happen. The fleet just...” he smacked his fist into his palm, ”...y'know? The sky lit up. It was like hell erupted from below and englufed the city. I stood by a Sith watching it happen and we didn't do anything except part ways, because this was beyond anything we expected. We are gentlemen on the battlefield at least. Not monsters. Not what she is.”

Connor couldn't look at her, because if he did, he'd break down and so he did what he did best; hold it together.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Him. Connor didn’t even have to say his name for Joza to know who he was talking about. Sucking in a sharp breath, she tried to organize her thoughts. Anger swelled freely within her chest at what he told her and her hand tightened on his shoulder. “You—he—what.Her voice ground out, unable to completely convey what she wanted to say. Joza could try and berate him for going against Haytham, something she asked him not to do, but couldn’t bring her rage over that to surface. This had been more than just a typical fight, and he didn’t need to be berated for dealing with an invading Sith.

Besides, he’d just been doing his job and it would be selfish for her to ask him not to fight Darth Vanitas. It was war, and it made her chew her lower lip in rampant thought and indecision. Still, hearing that her former lover had nearly stabbed Connor in the stomach caused her to bristle.

Of course he got away.

Sliding her hand from his shoulder to his upper arm, Joza moved to kneel in front of him so that their heads were more level to one another. It probably wasn’t what he wanted—and perhaps she knew that—but she wanted for him to look at her. “What a mess,” Murmuring, her thumb began to stroke the fabric of his tunic beneath it and her anger quelled, simmering not threatening to boil over. This wasn’t the time for her to be bratty. “Connor, it’s…there’s nothing we could have done. No one could predict that she’d go rogue and just…” Her voice softened, but the Zeltron didn’t know what to say. It was almost like they were all walking around in a haze.

Perhaps they should closely inspect the credentials of their allies.

“I don’t know how to fix this.” She sucked at her bottom lip idly, looking away before turning back towards him. So much could come from this mistake. More invasions, civil unrest. A loss of allies and Force knows what else. “But I’m glad you came back.”

”I wanted to kill him; I broke into his mind and found memories of...you.” He looked at her for the first time and she was so beautiful; so caring and she was there for him right now. ”He was well armed, but he fought like a coward just as he did beating you; he even had a shotgun rifle, blasted me right in the chest. He was too well armed and he knew it.”

How embarrassing admitting there was a Sith he struggled to defeat, especially being him of all people. Her touch was more soothing than he would let on and he sat in silence for a minute just appreciating her being there.

”We can fix this. There's always a way. I think the course of action is to bring her in to stand trial, but I know what I'd like to do instead, and it ain't standing for trail. I...I may need your help to do that. I...I wanted to come back here to you and you stopped me from walking into certain death.”

It was true. The dark thoughts of late had clouded Connor's very place in the Order and his standing with others. He was just some wrecking ball with no ties who did the damage with little thought for himself a long as the job was done. But out there, when it came to it, there was one thing he wanted to come back for, and that was to see Joza again after promising he would. He leant forward and rested his brown on hers an inhaled her scent.

”I missed you, and you were the reason I stopped when I did. I wanted to hold you and tell you things will be alright, and for you to do the same. To be honest, I just...wanted to be with you again.”

Emotion was a pain; sometimes it just started to come out as soon as the crack appeared.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza’s softened features sharpened in an instant when she absorbed Connor’s words, realizing that he’d likely seen her more intimate moments with Haytham. Her heart lurched and she swallowed, unsure of how to react. A lingering instinct in the corner of her mind urged her to pull away and close herself off, but she couldn’t even bring herself to entertain the thought. She didn’t like hearing about Haytham from him, but smoothed over how uncomfortable it made her in favor of rolling with it. She twitched visibly at the mention of being beaten, a barb of weakness pricking into her heart. Joza imagined she’d always be stronger in a moment like that, but the reality of the situation was unfortunately complex.

When his forehead touched her own, her skin leapt at the contact. It was a trivial touch, but it also wasn’t. He was opening up to her, and she slid her hand up from his arm to cup the side of his face, thumb stroking his cheek gently, just below that wound. His words made her heart beat faster, and she swore her cheeks began to heat. It was difficult to make a Zeltron blush, but here she was—no amount of dirty talk could elicit this sort of response, but his honest words made her pulse surge.

“I was so worried,” She began, murmuring. “I had a feeling that you…and him…I don’t know, something was just off.” She bit her lip, taking a few moments to contain her rising emotions. “Let’s forget about him for now and focus on…ourselves. We’re both here, and safe.” Exhaling slowly, she sucked at her lower lip, concern etched onto her face. Concern for him, for the Order, for the future. “I never thought I’d be the reason someone stands between life and death…” Perhaps she should have kept that to herself, but the words slipped out and the idea of professional boundaries went to hell.

Both arms came to slip around his strong shoulders and pull him into an embrace, one hand instinctively rubbing small circles on his back. “It’ll be alright. The damage has been done, and this storm will pass over the Order in time. I’ll help you find her, and drag her back to stand trial…as much as we both would like to handle this another way.” Pulling away a bit, Joza gave him an encouraging smile, though there was a taint of melancholy to it. “I’m used to tracking people, and I’m sure you are too. They started pulling her information almost as quickly as reports of the bombing came in. We should have at least a few locations to check by now.”

She smiled again, this time with a little more brightness to it. “I missed you Connor, I really did. I was a minute away from grabbing my armor and heading out into the fray myself.”

Joza pulled him in gently for an embrace, and it was the softest of embraces and yet the most strongest. It wasn't anything to do with lust, or sex, or primal urges being close to someone so beautiful as her. It was simply about being with her.

He wrapped his arms around her, one looping around her waist and the other across the shoulders, and he buried his head in the nape of her neck and let himself sink into her. The flesh on his face, the hair teasing his brow; her strong and calming aura was better than a warm glass of Blue Milk in a steam bath. Her words of support went in, thought he didn't acknolwedge her straight away. He just held her.

He held her tight like he hadn't held anyone before. It felt like minutes when it was only seconds before she pulled back for that smile that made his tummy flip.

”I just want it over with. Seeing the bombing, my god it was like nothing I've seen before. I felt it all. And standing beside that Sith was surreal, like there was mutual peace in the face of such horror.”

Connor swept her hair back over her ear and cupped her cheek.

”You can't come,” he said, placing a hand on her tummy, ”because you're carrying Baby Perl, remember? You think you're fit enough to travel across the galaxy looking for that war criminal?”

She certainly was beautiful, and it pained him that a large, black cloud hung over the pair as it had since the conversation in the training ground months ago when she sought help. The silence of the ops room was just what he needed to feel he could at least enjoy her company a little while longer. His thumb stroked her pink cheek. There were things he wanted to say, but he didn't know how with that cloud above them.

[member="Joza Perl"]

A part of Joza was still dazed that this all was happening. That she was here, comforting Rogue Connor Harrison in the face of a disaster. That he let her touch him, embrace him, and speak softly to him. Ever since the conversation they’d had when she stumbled her way back onto Voss in a haze of Darksided confusion, she’d regarded him as an impenetrable wall of sorts and looked up to him. And now, Connor was just as human as any of them were—and it made her respect for him swell along with affection. Strange, but she just went with it.

“I can’t imagine what it would be like to witness something like that.” Joza had never been that close to an orbital bombardment, close enough to feel the lives that it took as they drifted from mortality. Just the thought of it was haunting.

She watched his face as he pushed her hair back, leaning her face gently into the palm that slid against her cheek. And when he said that she couldn’t go, a wave of defiance kicked up in her chest. “Yes. I’m fit enough to go. I’m pregnant, not crippled Connor.” She had to suppress an eyeroll, but there was a clear note of stubbornness to her voice. “I track slavers as a hobby. Just last week I managed to bust into a burning warehouse…” She trailed, wincing in realization that she should probably not have said that. “It’s alright,” She asserted. “I can handle it. Baby Perl can handle it. I’m not even that big yet.” She placed a hand softly atop his own on her stomach. There was a definite bump to be felt, but could still be easily hidden with the flowing material of her robes or certain shirts.

A smile broke on his face, even though he tried to suppress it, and it broke into a little grin as she placed her hand on his. A spark was there, and he poured his goodwill through his aura to the child. He looked up at her, feeling her bump and what she had; she was going to be a mother! It was the most natural thing for a woman, and it was beautiful. Life; innocence; hope.

It actually distracted him for a moment form her previous comment, and he did a little double-take.

”Sorry?” He cocked an eye to her. ”You bust a burning warehouse? In your condition? After I told you to stay out of trouble?" Was he surprised? Honestly? Not really. He kept his hand very much on her tummy. ”You, Miss Perl, are trouble. I'm going to have to keep my eye on you a lot more the further into this pregnancy you get.”

There were many strong women across the galaxy Connor had come across. Even in the Silver Jedi. But Joza was different. She was viciously indepndant, but she longed for more. She was without doubt a stunning woman with a natural beauty below the make-up and Zeltron skin - not that it didn't work against her at all. She was strong, passionate, fierce and caring. She was someone you looked at across a room and dreamt about waking up with the next morning and holding her close and walking hand in hand with for the next few years. He had done that at the masquerade ball and he was doing it now. Connor had many haunts of the past, but he started to want Joza to be the light of his future.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza inhaled deeply, feeling his aura pulse into her being. Her eyes fell closed, and for a moment she wasn’t worried about the child’s alignment or potential Sith corruption. As uncertain as she was about this whole having a baby thing, his child would bask in so much love that it would never want for the Darkness. At least, that was what she hoped. She’d give her life to see that her future son or daughter had a good future.

It made her smile, and she kept on smiling through his words. She expected him to be a bit harsher in all honesty, but Joza’s rebelliousness was inevitable. “Don’t you worry about me now. Once it gets harder to move, I’m sure that I’ll have to slow down. I’ve even been to the clinic to make sure that everything is growing just fine.” There, that was something adult, right? “Besides, exercise is good for a pregnant woman.”

She cleared her throat, her hand squeezing his softly. “And trust me, I’m a professional at causing mayhem. I know what I’m doing.” Certainly, at times she’d didn’t. But Joza was a fan of the “play it by ear” method. “So I’m going with you. End of.” She cocked a brow, challenging him to disagree with her, face still lit up.

Something about this just felt so natural. It was hard to place a finger on exactly what, but at the same time she didn’t want to ruin the mystery. All she knew was that it was hard not to smile when she looked at Connor Harrison.

And then it hit him. What was he doing?

The pregnant girl was on bended knee and he was sat on a chair!

Manners, Harrison!

He gently slid his hand from her tummy around her waist, wiping that suspicious damp liquid from the corner of his eye glistening over it, and stood. Gently lifting her, he guided Joza around to the black fold-down chair.

”Here - take a seat. And before you object, don't.” Connor winked and mirrored the position she had, kneeling before her and resting a hand on her knee without a care in the world.

”Remember what you said in the garden before I left, about going to a beach somewhere? After we sort this mess out with Chorzan and bring her in, do you...do you want to go find a beach on a world away from this mess and escape for a few days?”

She truly made him feel at ease, and he wasn't going to waste any opportunity, not after the encounters with Matsu and Haytham.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Now that the Mateus has arrived in orbit over Ringo Vinda, it was time for that carrier to commence repairs. Charzon was looking to stall for time, long enough so that she can make the transition of corporate power within the corporation and hand over all the titles she held to appropriate people (Jessica is the first one she would ever think of) even if said repairs had to be conducted away from a drydock. It was the main facility for Ringovinda StarYards to build, repair ships and whatnot. Luckily there would be no Silver Jedi to attempt locating her, at least for the time being. Julie was nervous upon reverting to realspace, finding whether there actually were Silver Jedi patrols over Ringo Vinda... phew, that was a close call. No patrols were to be found at that stage. Julie opens a channel to space traffic control frequencies that were relevant to the operation of drydocks because the Mateus needed repairs before it could be returned to the Silver Jedi.

"Channel open"

"This is Ringovinda StarYards Drydock Control. Identify yourself and the reasons of your visit"

"This is the Mateus, back from Castameer. We are requesting repairs; bill the repairs to the Silver Jedi Order and I will return the ship to them. However, any attack craft will require their approval for re-stocking"

"By the Force! The very ship involved in the massacre on Korriban! Stand down immediately, lower your shields and put your weapons offline!"

"Deactivate all weapons and shields" Julie ordered, while at the controls of the Mateus.

"All clear: you may dock at drydock #38"

Joza made a slight whine in protest as Connor rose and shifted her from her kneeling position into the seat he’d been in, but the rest of her objections died in her throat when he winked at her. Begrudgingly, she accepted being seated for now. The pregnancy wasn’t as taxing on her right now as it would eventually be—she was only teetering on the edge of her first trimester. A hand went to her stomach reflexively, and she rubbed small circles over the slight yet discernible bump. This is really happening, isn’t it?

As he bent down and rested a hand on her knee, Joza took a few moments to gaze at Connor. Never did she think that he’d be as warm and personable as he was being now, and she never imagined he’d be drawing her in like he was. It was exciting, if a bit scary.

“A vacation?” Joza’s head tilted to the side in thought. It hadn’t been that long since she was in another man’s arms, and she was afraid to move on. But the thought of getting to spend more time with Connor—that didn’t involve any surprise pregnancies or war criminals—was tempting. “That sounds lovely. I’m sure that we could both use a little escape.” She flashed him a grin, one of her hands coming to rest atop his on her knee.

Thurion had been present for some time now, becoming one with the background as he leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest and a smile upon his lips. It wasn't often you'd get to see the [member="Connor Harrison"] so utterly disarmed in the presence of a woman, after all. Besides, Thurion knew that look in their eyes better than most; that longing gaze which spoke louder than any words ever could. He was truly happy for his old friend. For both of them.

Still, they all had a job to do. "I think a vacation would do you both some good," he spoke, knowingly interrupting the moment between the two. He stepped inside the room with an amused look on his face, eyes set upon the awkward expression on Connor's face. "When was the last time you took some time off, Con? Was it... never?" Thurion grabbed a nearby chair and invited himself into their conversation. "Joza, you are looking just radiant this day," he beamed a smile her way.

He then rubbed his palms together before changing the subject to something more professional. "Well, you know why you're here. I won't drag it out needlessly." He turned to Connor. "We know Charzon is the head of Ringovinda Staryards, a company in the buisness of manufacturing ships on Ringo Vinda. I'd say that's a good place to start. If she's there, you have full authority to arrest her and bring her in alive. I'll leave the details to you - I'm quite sure you've the necessary skills to track her down and subdue her should she resist arrest." There, quick and simple.

Thurion's eyes darted between the two for a moment, then gestured towards [member="Joza Perl"] with a smirk. "Master Perl should accompany you. You know, in case something were to happen..."

Connor wasn’t ready for [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] to be already listening in the room – he was waiting for the signal of the door to chime so he could put on that mysterious air of a Rogue Jedi he had carried so long. Now he had been spotted gushing his little heart out on bended knee. That was his reputation shattered in the eyes of his oldest friend.

With an awkward clearing of the throat, Connor stood, hand not exactly rushing from the touch of [member="Joza Perl"] as he did.

Thurion knew him better than anyone else, and it was true. He hadn’t had time to himself in the guise of a break – when he did, he spent it away on hostile worlds exploring and helping others fight back against local criminals and corrupt lords. Never had he been able to shirk the responsibility of what he was; all he knew to be.

Looking to Joza, a tiny smile there, he nodded.

”Of course.”

Then, back to the Grandmaster with a slow exhale.

”I’ve heard of that place. I’ll make it the first port of call. I know nothing of that woman, but if she is the head of a staryard then she’ll use it as a place to hide no doubt. But I will…we will leave at once and do ask you ask.”

He looked at him for a second, letting another question sneakily drip out.

”If she resists arrest or uses violence…?”

Connor knew what Thurion would say, but that’s what made these two so good as friends. Poles apart in tactic but their heart was always in the right place for the greater good.

Thurion’s voice cut through their little rendezvous, and Joza immediately perked up, cheeks flushing for a moment. The Zeltron wasn’t used to being caught in tender moments and…wait, when did he get in here? She hadn’t heard the door open, but maybe that’s because she was absorbed in something else. She hadn’t expected to have a bit of a heart to heart here, but certainly wasn’t complaining.

She returned the Grandmaster’s smile, albeit a bit shaky given that she hadn’t had much interaction with the man. From all that she’d heard, [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] was a gentle giant. And a stealthy giant! Sitting up a bit straighter, she too cleared her throat. “Thank you, Grandmaster Heavenshield. Glad to see you’re well.” There was a nod of acknowledgement, grateful that he supported the idea of taking a vacation.

Her expression drifted from pleasant to thoughtful as the two men spoke of the task at hand. As Thurion suggested that Joza should accompany Connor on this mission, she allowed herself a little smirk of triumph. Now he couldn’t say no, right? “I agree. Always good to have a little extra support.” Her eyes flicked up towards [member="Connor Harrison"] as he posted his question, genuinely curious to hear the answer herself.

After a meeting, where she informed Jessica that she now had to take up all titles Charzon previously held: Senator of the Techno Empire, CEO of Ringovinda StarYards, Julie and Charzon are to part ways. Charzon is awaiting her inevitable fate, she is to stand trial on Voss for her war crimes on Korriban. Will Jessica be up to the task of assuming all the positions her old boss formerly held, all the while when other legitimate titles are hers to assume? Charzon no longer runs Ringovinda StarYards anymore. Charzon was going to pay for her criminal acts on Korriban. That was going to hurt the corporation, at least in the short run, but how will Jessica weather the storm will depend the long-term future. And Jessica will henceforth be a Jedi in strictly Techno Empire service. That was going to be one major headache for all parties involved, and not help in the slightest. And certainly not Julie: she was different from the other two ladies that made up the Design Triumvirate in quite a lot of ways.

"Master Jutland, it may be best to leave the Silver Jedi, even though you had no personal involvement in the crime"

"I understand, Charzon. I will have to make myself at home on Geonosis; even so, I won't be welcome on Ringo Vinda anymore if Ringo Vinda becomes a Silver Jedi world again"

"And neither will I, especially not me"

"Don't think that the Silvers won't find you on Geonosis. They will find you one way or another"

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

"If she resorts to violence," Thurion repeated their question with slightly more somber tone. He then rose from his seat and pushed it back into place where he'd found it, both hands resting upon the back of it as his gaze returned to Joza and Connor respectively.

"Bring her in using any means necessary. Unharmed if at all possible, but should she threaten you in any way you will not allow her to make good on her threat." Thurion stepped towards Joza, looking her in the eye and taking her hands in his. She had that fierce, protective look about her that all expecting woman shared. He'd seen it first in his own wife, then most recently in his sister-in-law. He smiled.

"You take care, Joza. You're living and breathing for two, now." He then nodded Connor's way. "And look after this one for me. I've been doing it for so long I can't remember how to anymore," he added with a wink before turning to face his old friend. "Stay safe, my brother," was all he said as he placed a hand at the back of Connor's head, leaning him forward until their foreheads touched momentarily.

He would then turn and exit the room.

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Joza Perl"]

Connor didn’t need to say anything to show how he felt at that moment. Understanding from the Grandmaster and affection from his friend; these two factors had carried Connor along since Rhen Var, and having time with Thurion in all of this mess was greatly appreciated. It was even better knowing they were on the same page; poles apart but joined in duty.

He didn’t move his head after Thurion parted with a move that felt very Valkyri in spirit, but he smiled as he left. He didn’t need to say anything.

And even more heart-warming was his words to Joza – it meant a lot to him, and he knew it would mean so much more to her.

After the silence fell upon the two Masters, Connor let out a breath. All work and no play.

”The sooner this mess is cleaned up, the sooner we can think about a well-deserved break!” He gestured to the door. ”To Ringo Vinda, Miss Perl.”

PART II
THE HUNT FOR CHARZON

500px-Ringo_Vinda.png

The StarYards
Ringo Vinda; Silver Jedi Space
Due east of Voss, south of The Wheel, sat Ringo Vinda. A hairs width from the Mando Clans. He’d have to smooth talk Kiera Ticon if she thought he was snooping around their space. Connor smiled to himself as he piloted his ship, the Dynasty Class Freighter. He really needed to give her a name one day.

He opted to take his own ship for comfort and size rather than an attack ship. This was Silver space after all he was in.

Beside him, one Joza Perl along for the ride.

”Not going to be long at all before we’re there. The StarYards are her domain so we simply state who we are and who we want to see and go from there,” he flipped a switch and looked over at her. It was comforting, but worrying, having her along. His eyes dipped to her tummy for a second. ”You going to be alright?”

[member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Charzon Loulan"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom