Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Frontier War: Shrouded Sands | Enclave Dominion of Tatooine (Open to all Underworld Characters)

X0feWBh.png

Objective 2: Meat up with fellow Mandos
Equipment: Sword, M.I. Beskar'gam Mk.1 M.I. 'Sunstroke' jetpack M.I. Model 6 hybrid pistol, M.I. Model 12 shatter rifle x2, Thermal Detonators, Magnetic Detonators, Perun's Call
Tag: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla | Kale Onara Kale Onara | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Open

enclavediv4.png

<"Hey, Gwyn.">

Vulcan bipped Gwyn on the forehead in a friendly greeting. He could never get used to being noticed even when he was not being loud when he shows up to things. Regardless he was with a group now and it will be easier to spot, flush and eliminate scum and villainy off of the planet. No exceptions.

That's the plan and he has the explosives to do it. He's even brought sticky ones, that stick to whatever he affixes them to and were impossible to remove. He was ready, he's always ready. Destroying things were fun, the lull beforehand, not so much.

<"You bet, got enough to blow something up, well a lot of things, people too."> He quipped, patting his bomb bag. He made sure to get as many in as he can. He was pleased to see Gwyn is doing ok as of right now

Vulcan noticed Thonn, he hasn't met the guy good and proper, sure they may have been on a mission together but they got so chaotic, he had little time to notice anything else. So now is a good time. The Cantina isn't too busy, so that's a plus.

He read that a Gran and an Ubese had a squabble over money, then there was this big sword involved that explained the big stain of blood near the bar. It was on the coaster. A good story happens when you least expect it.

<"Hey, I ain't usually this quiet.!"> He chirped after a while. Surprised at his own quietened mood, he didn't notice it until now. <"In a few minutes, this place will be loud,">

0efwRuC.png

"IT'S HER. IT'S HER FAULT." Came a voice that Safi would probably be recalling in her sleep for a good while to come. The pitch black didn't stop her from reaching out into the darkness to swipe a gloved hand at the source of the voice. "IT'S A TRA-…" A satisfying weight connected with the centre of her palm, and a moment later there was a heavy thud that rumbled the floorboards beneath her feet. She hated it when people said those kriffing words. But it was too late. The warning had been cried, and the damage was already done.

At first, the shouting and screaming of the others in the room blocked out the sound of blaster fire. However, it wasn't long before a dozen of the things had joined together in a cacophony of nightmarish sound.

Something inside her helmet whirred as it began to fire up night-mode. Even though the action was quick, she couldn't risk standing around in the middle of the fight. If a stray blaster bolt smacked her anywhere it would likely short out her hearing aid, and she couldn't be blind as well as deaf. With only the dim illumination of a bolt leaving the chamber to guide her way, Safira dove forward to find the nearest thing that felt like cover. As she dipped forward to tuck behind what seemed to be a counter a blaster bolt went careening past her head, minorly skimming the edge of her helmet.

Suddenly, all went quiet.

"FUCK."
Safira shouted into the void of bullets and blaster fire, but it was immediately drowned out. She doubted anyone would have heard it if they were standing right next to her with their ear pressed to her helmet, and she certainly heard nothing, but the rumble that it made in her chest was satisfying enough. Why was it that whenever she was on her own things started to crumble? She must have been a rabid serial killer in a past life to have worked up karma like this. As she craned her torso briefly to fire off a few cursory rounds into the smoke, she wondered when the bad karma would run out.

Or if it ever would.

Tilting her head back, she smacked it firmly against the cover behind her and spoke again. "Activate sound to light sensors." The HUD in her helmet pinged, only indicated to Safira by a softly flickering light in the upper centre of her screen. A moment later thousands of flashes, like lightning on a stormy night, illuminated the edges of her vision. For every sound she could not hear, there was a corresponding light. She hadn't had enough practice with the system yet to feel entirely confident, but she didn't have much to lose now.

After a strained sigh, Safira threw her body upward and fired a shot, aiming for the closest flash of light that was still fading on her screen. It was all she could do, for now.

uT9h1lf.png

Green Light

The Bothan chuckled, looking between the two creatures as they interacted. It was always interesting for her to see and be a being interacting with another in a new or interesting way. When the Tuskan mentioned that their translator needed repairing, she'd smile and nod. "If you want a better time understanding our new friend here, they need their translator repaired if you could."

She heard the commotion growing around them, "Karabast," she'd mutter. The race is going to be starting soon. She pulled her helmet up onto her head, and then began to speak and sign to the both of them as she backed away. "Sorry to cut things short, repair that translator for him and you two will be best of friends. Wish me luck in the race," she'd add with a laugh before turning and jogging off to the track.

She could hear the announcers calling out the names of the contestants, walking out to the Wyrmling, and climbing aboard her. Her crew, obviously a bit put off by the fact that she'd nearly missed the start of the race, pushed her into her starting position she did her checks of the craft. "Nearly had to take her out myself, Kam," Someone would quip with her, getting a gentle chuckle out of her and the others.

"Jasian, you couldn't get your fat Corellian rear into the seat before the light turned green," she'd shoot back, getting another laugh out of everyone.

They had just got their last of the checks when the countdown to the race began. She lowered her head and body, getting into a streamlined form with the hull of the Wyrmling. "8, 7, 6, 5..." Kam would take a gentle breath and close her eyes... "4, 3, 2, 1, BEEP" She'd pop her eyes open and gave the Wyrmling as much juice as it could give her.

She launched from the starting line and kept going, advancing through that first great turn like it was the last thing she would ever do. The lightweight high thrust nature of the Wyrmling meant that she accelerated very quickly, even for a pod racer, and it had acrobatics that any Bothan would be proud of. As she advanced on someone ahead of her, through a tight cut through, he simply banked onto her side and gunned it forward...

"Go baby go!" She'd call out with a cackle, oh she was loving this...

TAGS: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla || Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt || Aela Wren || A'Shimra Yort A'Shimra Yort || Koushou Hibana || Open~

unknown.png

Last edited:
Safira Haran Safira Haran

The last body dropped the ground and Hiron smiled.

It was almost too easy.

Then again, the smugglers hadn't been expecting a Mandalorian to follow them straight to their base. Nor for said Mandalorian to use their security features against them.

One room done. A dozen or so more to go, but- hm. The leader hadn't been killed by his rifle fire, so that was very odd. Before Hiron could investigate it any further a sound attracted him. He turned and saw a figure slide around the corner. Kark. While he tried to raise his rifle, it was already too late, getting the drop on you like that gets you ki-

The figure squeezed the trigger.

And one raider behind him dropped to the ground.

"Well, I didn't realize this place was a point of interest for the Enclave." Hiron murmured amused and entirely misattributing Safira's allegiance. "I thought y'all were cleaning up over at Mos Eisley, I would have rang you a call, if I had known..."

Probably not, since this was Vizsla business, but it was best to be polite when you were on someone else's turf.

Or what was becoming their turf anyway.

"These fellas steal from the Enclave too?"

Tee was grumpy.

She was yipping at his back as they made their way down the street. It was nothing new. Nigh on 30 years spent with this woman had rendered him slightly immune to her tantrums. He'd been ready for it. If she wasn't grumbling about snow, it was about sand. So he only listened to her with half an ear as they trudged through the busy Mos Espa.

Until....

"Don't make me shoot you."
He stopped and sighed, hanging his head for a second before turning to face her.
"I don't hate you, Tee. If I did, I would have kicked your ass to the curb six years ago when you showed up on my doorstep." He stepped closer to her for a second, resting a hand on her shoulder while tucking a knuckle under her chin to lift it slightly. "Can I just enjoy being back here for a minute? Please?" he asked. "Besides, we got a job to do." He removed the knuckle to gently tap her on the nose with it before he turned to keep heading toward the cantina.

"Vren, Kale here. Message received I'll be along shortly."
"Thonn reporting; if I get there first, save a seat for me, would ya?"
It was good to hear Onara and Rokkal's voices over the comms. The two Karjrs were good to have at your back during a turf war. It took some of the strain from Tee. Even with her experience and skill with a gun, he hated bringing her into situations like this. She was usually driving the getaway car.
"About that rendezvous," Siv half-said, half-shouted into his comms to be heard over the blasterfire and yelling, "I may not make it in time. Ran into a few friends from my bounty hunting days." He paused to consider his words, before he had to flinch away from a blaster bolt that took off a chunk of wood from the top edge of the stand. "Well, my old bounty hunting days. Gotta go,"
Vren let out a sigh. Trust Siv to get himself into a pickle.
"Ah shit." he grumbled. <Thonn, I'm taking a detour. If you get to the cantina, see what other Vode you can find and ask around where we can find...uh...this Big Muhr - Devaronian fellow.> he radioed through to Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal . <Onara, care to join me and Tee on Dragr's location?> he then patched to Kale Onara Kale Onara .
"Tee, let's get a bird's eye view." he said as the ion engines on his jetpack powered up.

They took to the air, Dragr's location pinging on Vren's tracker. It didn't take too long before the duo touched down on a roof opposite Siv.
<Need a hand, Sunshine?> Vren quipped as he drew both his primaries - one set on particle while the other is set on sonic. <Tee missed you.>

He turned his visor toward Tawnita. "Can I count on you to cover me from above if drop down there?" he asked her.

X0feWBh.png

TAGS: Vren Rook Vren Rook Kale Onara Kale Onara Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal Siv Dragr Siv Dragr Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla et al

If he wasn't insufferably cute, despite his grouchiness and gruffness, Tee wouldn't tolerate the way he spoke to her sometimes. To be fair to him, he put up with a metric tonne of insufferable attitude from her, culminating in open dissent on occasion. But she was loyal. She was determined not to play out what had happened before in their past. She was going to stick around. Watch his six.

He took the bait, eventually stopping to turn to her. She stood, hand on the hip, waiting for whatever bile he might spit at her...

He was nice. How annoying.

He did that knuckle thing. It wound her up no end. It also made her want to grab his helmet clean off and ki...

Comms burst. Chatter. A change of plan. She pouted under her helmet. She was gonna follow him, without question. Even on this sand-ridden hell hole.

They both rocketed off, jetpacks engaged, landing not too far from Siv. Siv, the rogue-in-chief, Captain Crass. She liked him immensely but liked to keep him at a distance. She inclined her head, the tell-tale sign she was giving a sarcastic wince that might pass off as a smile with Siv.

"I wouldn't miss him, given half the chance."
She made a blaster action with her cocked finger. Vren turned towards her. He was asking her to cover him.

She stepped forward, a lone hand touching his arm in a comforting and reassuring manner. She moved it slightly, reiterating her care and feelings for him. She spoke.

"No."

She slapped his arm, sending him on his way. She turned from him, taking out both her blasters one at a time, checking on their viability. She looked back at Vren.

"Try not to get in the way of my blasters. I'd hate to kill you."

She jostled and joked but she knew he knew otherwise; it would destroy her.

X0feWBh.png

H U N T E R

Objective: (Try to) Clean up Mos Espa
Tag: Kandosii Ka'rta Kandosii Ka'rta | Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal | Kale Onara Kale Onara | Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla | Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren | Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt | Mandos

One, two, three, Siv counted under his breath as he lay concealed down under the low depression of the Tatooine roof. To say that the street below was silent would be a flat-out lie, as the grunts and commands from the Red Key grunts intermingled with the frightened shuffling of civilians as they tried to stay away from the blaster fight. But it was certainly quieter without all the gunfire. Shame that it wouldn't last for very long.

Ten. Siv stood up, and below him five Red Key soldiers all but jumped, scrambling to train their blasters on Siv. "Too slow," Siv announced as the miniature rockets fired from his gauntlet, whistling through the air before they impacted against each one of the soldiers. Siv stood there for a moment, breathing heavily when he heard the shuffling of feet next to him, amplified through his helmet's audio receptors. Out of instinct, the bounty hunter shifted backward a pace, and not a moment later a blaster bolt flashed through the space he'd momentarily been in. His hand shot out and grabbed the wrist of the Red Key soldier, twisting it with an iron-hard grasp. The Weequay gasped in pain as his hand dropped the blaster, before Siv hit him in the face with an elbow, knocking the grunt to his knees, and a knife plunged into the throat and finished the soldier off.

The exhaust of a jetpack behind him alerted him to a new arrival, and he turned to see none other than Vren Rook himself. "Your timing is impeccable," Siv sarcastically remarked, withdrawing his dagger and letting the kneeling corpse slump to the hard-packed sand roof for added emphasis. "Tee," he added, giving a more polite nod to the female Mandalorian that had landed down besides Vren. The most interaction that Siv had with the woman was narrowly dodging becoming collateral damage in one of the pair's more. . . heated exchanges, but he and Tee were cordial.

"Those were -- are -- Red Key Raiders," Siv added, gesturing towards the bodies on the ground with his hand holding the knife. He wanted to be able to give them the information before they went and rocketed off on some foolhardy mission to kill them all. "I had a few run-ins on with them on Tatooine before. Apparently, they remember me. Won't be happy to see a whole army on their doorstep, and don't let those grunts give you the wrong impression of their capabilities; their Enforcers are an entirely different breed. Raised a lotta hell for me in Mos Pelgo." He shrugged, wiping the blood from the vibroknife before sheathing it. "But don't let that stop you. I hear they may even make you some sort of Marshal if you keep up the good work. I got more skeletons in the closet to clean out"

Last edited:
Kandosii heard the whistling birds from his position, smirking beneath his helmet. The smirk quickly disappeared when he saw five more Red Key Raiders rushing towards the sounds of whistling and jetpack jumping. In a flash his Homesteader was aimed and in a blink he fired off five shots, working the slugthrower's lever like greased lightning. The Raiders had virtually no time to react as the five .30-30 rounds found their targets, and their newly ventilated corpses fell to the sand virtually in unison. The smoke trailed from the barrel of the repeater as he lowered the barrel slightly, moving quickly to Siv's location without rushing too fast to notice any threats.

Once he saw the freshly bird'd Raiders, Kandosii chuckled. "Sorry Siv, if I'da known there was gonna be a surprise party I woulda brought ya a gift." The clanless drifter was starting to get used to working as part of a team after all. He brought the barrel of his Homesteader to rest on his shoulder, surveying the scene in mild bemusement and keeping an eye out for more hostiles. If he had a jetpack, he'd have joined them on the roof, but for now he was grounded. He kept telling himself he'd upgrade after this job or that job, but he never did. He hoped today he wouldn't regret that. "Pro'lly shouldn't keep 'em waitin' on us, still got us a job to do."

Last edited:

OMk5OcL.png
GEAR: IN BIO
TAGS: Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji | Ardasz Verd Ardasz Verd | Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

lLcXg5L.png

Shai scoffed as her visor glared at the giant, though she said nothing in return. Partially due to the mission and the surprise Rancor roar... and partially due to her not having something to quip back with for once in her life. Faison's comment, though, that was a different story. :: Why don't you drop the rifle and come join us u close like a real Mandalorian, huh? :: She fired back with a snicker. Can't let him get a leg up on her.

Her attention turned to Kranak when he mentioned the Rancor as well. It took her a moment to remember that he did the smart thing of getting some good quality hearing installed into his helmet. Regardless, they both shared the same thought. It wasn't a concern now, it could wait until after they popped the damn Pyke.

The two pressed on, further into the backstage as the race started to pick up outside. The crowd was roaring outside, far above the two warriors as they ventured deeper. However, things got weird very quickly when Kranak halted for a moment. :: What's up? :: She whispered, checking every possible angle and corner for something out of place as Kranak froze up in front of her. He finally looked to her and, with hand gestures, signalled for her to avoid comms completely for the moment. She blinked in surprise, but raised a thumb before shutting off her comms. <What going on?> She signalled to him with a few quick gestures. Her "hand talking" had become quite rusty since the last time she had to use it, at least some of it stuck enough for emergencies like this.

He decided to strike up a conversation with whoever compromised their comms as they pushed on, soon ascending the staircase to the upper levels.

m5W0ZVp.png

The two guards by the door were taken out efficiently and quietly, with the two mandalorians pushing up to the door. Shai quickly screwed a suppressor onto her rifle as she stacked up across from Kranak, waiting for him to blast the door. Turning on her comms again, she used the same secret code to transmit a simple message to Faison. :: Breaching. ::

The door blew up and the flashbangs were tossed in. "Breaching!" She announced as she followed immediately after the detonations, her rifle at the ready as she entered.

Inside, the criminals were in disarray as they recovered from the blast. A few quiet shots from her rifle dropped the armed guards, the remaining generals and other members she left for Kranak as she slammed the butt of her rifle into the Pyke's face. With one final pull of the trigger, the Pyke was dispensed and the room secured. "Quick and easy... hold up." She pulled her helmet off and knelt down. The crowd was still cheering outside so at least they still kept it quiet. But through the ozone and other smells, Shai caught something interesting. "There's definitely a Rancor in here... and someone else." She looked around for a bit until she found a false floor. Underneath was a sliding grate with the Rancor far below. Half of a body laid on the ground, not too far from it. A body that looked quite familiar despite simply being a pair of legs. "Found the Rancor... but those legs look suspiciously familiar." She muttered as she studied the situation.

5qdqFCA.png

0efwRuC.png

This had all been too easy from the first words that little goblin creature had spat out at her.

Safira should have known.

She couldn't help the constant stream of self-flagellation that followed as she defended herself from the corner of the pitch-black room. Normally, her hearing aids blasted the ambience loud enough to drown her thoughts out in times like this. She was rarely left in silence. To think.

By force, the sound of her own voice was irritating.

The fight didn't seem to go on for as long as Safira expected, which was the first thing to have gone right this entire cursed day. She was almost certain there were a fair few smugglers in the room when it went dark, so by all rights, she should have either been dead or still clearing them out. But she wasn't. They had dropped like flies. The flash of light the thud their bodies made on the floor was softer than the ones made by blaster bolts. Like flickering candlelight instead of thunderous lightning. When the last flame had finally faded entirely and there was nothing but the steady pulse of her own breath causing her screen to illuminate, Safira breathed out a sigh of relief.

Just as she was about to deactivate her HUD, another light flashed in her peripheral vision. The sight of footsteps made Safira hunch behind the table once again. The footsteps weren't alone. Two more bodies shuffled through the room, but something was off. It almost looked like, from the way the lights flickered, one of them was moving as though they thought the room was empty. The other was shuffling quietly across the floor. The light it made pulsed rapidly like the edges of a sparkler had been pushed underneath her nose.

The loud one must have been a distraction, and the quiet one must be trying to sneak around to get to the other side of her. Unfortunately for these two dumb di'kuts, Safira's deafness gave her the advantage. For once.

In the space of a heartbeat, Safira threw herself around the corner of her cover and fired a single well-aimed shot toward the latter of the two bodies. It went down with a thud. Another candle puffed into darkness. Safira was about to turn her gun directly onto the first assailant when something made her stop. The lights in the bottom of her screen tinkling like bells.

Talking.

Safira watched him for a minute or two. Or at least, watched the lights on the bottom of her screen dance wildly. When it looked like they were almost finished, Safira threw her hand up to stop them from speaking momentarily. It took a second to remove her helmet, and a second more to replace her hearing aid with a spare but eventually…

"Who are you, what did you just say, and what in the KRIFF is going on here?!"

Well, Hiron did not expect to get shushed, but that was exactly what just happened to him.

But she pulled her helmet off.

Mando'ade did not do that, if they were about to go for the killing blow, so he didn't think there was much to be worried about. Instead he just casually leaned back against a crate and waited for her to- Hiron raised an eyebrow. A deaf Mandalorian? You didn't see those very often. Usually they were dead or got a cybernetic to compensate.

Could be there was an interesting story there.

Before Hiron could ask, she set into her own set of questioning. "Lots of questions, ma'am." Hiron drawled casually with amusement. "Hope ya dun' mind me asking some o' my own after I do you."

"Hiron Vizsla."

One finger packed neatly in a crushgaunt went up in a count.

"I assumed ya were Enclave and here to take back what they stole from you as well."

Second one and then a third.

"This 'ere, be an extra-legal retrieval operation." Vizsla kicked the crate behind him and once he stepped to the side? The marking of the Vizsla clan could be clearly seen printed on it. "Yar friends here stole our beskar and were planning on selling it off." His hand moved to relax nicely on the pommel of his revolver.

"Now- I got one question for ya. Jus' how friendly were ya with the people in this compound?"

A fellow Mandalorian in cahoots with a band stealing beskar? Nah, that wasn't a potential that Hiron could just ignore. Even if her gorgeous arse did just save his arse to boot.

"Damn right lots of questions." She replied sharply in between his sentences. From her perspective, this stranger had nothing to do with the shoot-out save for happening to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but she couldn't ignore coincidence. Safira herself had only arrived at the port to do a quick trade and be on her way with some well-earned credits. She couldn't have known that the lights would go out and these pea-brained idiots would assume the worst. What were the chances of that happening to two Mandalorians at the same time?

Safira shrugged. He could ask his questions, but that didn't mean she would answer them.

She said nothing at his name but did give a soft nod of acknowledgement. That was one question down. Meanwhile, it appeared she wasn't comfortable enough to share hers. At the mention of the enclave, her head cocked to the side, and her expression formed a look of genuine confusion. Though, she did wait for him to finish before she spoke again.

It was at his last question that her face dropped, and rightly so. Though he had not directly asked her, it wasn't hard at all to read between the lines. It was one thing to accuse someone of stealing beskar in the first place, but another thing entirely to accuse a Mandalorian of it. "I should have shot you first."

After a moment or two, in which she spent looking at him with mild disgust, she spoke again. Any Mandalorian worth their salt couldn't have lived with that accusation lingering over their helmets for long. "As it happens, I wasn't friendly with them at all. I only came here to sell some of the crap that I picked up raiding." To evidence her story, she swung the bag from her shoulders and hauled it into the pile of debris in front of her.

Then she folded her arms over her chest, which made it evident that although she was mad, she wasn't really going to shoot him. "Also, I'm not part of any enclave… I just picked the wrong kriffing day to visit Tatooine. Do all you enclave types go in guns blazing without any idea what's going on behind the doors? Is that like, a new tactic? I gotta admit I've been away for a while, but I didn't think blind idiocy would ever be a strategy our kind used." She may have deemed him harmless, for now, but that didn't mean she was going to let him get off scot-free. He had used up an extremely valuable supply of ammo and ruined her chances of getting the credits to replace them.

Not to even mention the matter of the broken hearing aids.

"I should have shot you first."

Hiron had a comment ready for that, but swallowed it, because it would probably actually trigger a shot in the face. Without his helmet on that would be bye-bye.

His head cocked once it was clear that A) she wasn't a Beskar thief, but B) she also wasn't part of the Enclave. That surprised him. A huge concentration of Mandalorians descended on Tatooine today to take over. And the two Mandos that met each other in this random town were per chance not part of that same assault?

What were the odds?

"I ain't an Enclave either, luv." He drawled lightly as he let go of the pommel of his revolver. Seemed she wasn't gonna be a problem, even if she played a bit fast-an'-loose with words like 'idiot' in the presence of a guy who had just hit a whole room.

Then again, she had saved his life, so that gave her some slack at least.

"Didn't need to know what was going on behind these doors besides the basics. These criminals stole beskar from my Clan. I put them down and recovered the Beskar." A thumb jerked towards the crate behind him. "Why, what, who, when, dun' care. A message had to be sent that this sort o' chit wouldn't be accepted."

With that established he turned his back to her to gauge the size of the crate.

Probably would need a grav-lift for it...

"Anyway, nice to meet ya an' good luck with yar goods selling." As if Hiron's antics didn't just cause her business deal to fall through and cause her some extra financial damage to boot.

Safira was slightly taken back at the knowledge that he wasn't enclave either. It was another weird irony. One that was a little too weird for Safira too ignore, but right now she was still too mad to recognise it.

"Well, they received the message alright, them at the rest of this sandy kriffing planet. Good job. VERY good job." The last part was so thick was sarcasm that you could have sliced it with a knife, but it seemed to have no effect on Hiron whatsoever.

In fact, it had so little effect that he started to say his goodbyes and walk out of the room.

Not on her watch.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Safira shouted after him and then bent to sweep her bag off the floor so that she could follow him. She was hot on his tails before he had the chance to reply.

"You owe me." She said firmly. "You cost me a huge sale, and a hearing aid, and..." Safi wedged herself into his path and put a hand squarely on his chest to stop him from walking any further. "...I saved your life."

"Back hom-"

And she unceremoniously cut off his path right as he was about to exit the room crate et all.

In all honesty this Mandalorian was starting to grate him a bit. First by criticizing his message sending skills (yes, she might have had a small point, but THAT was not the point) and now talking about debts. It probably wouldn't be as annoying, if Hiron didn't know she was right. Even if he doubted just how much she meant to do it.

"Suppose... I do owe ya something for that. My life anyway." The fact that the lady was relying on a bunch of beskar-stealing smugglers... well... that part Hiron wasn't going to take responsibility for.

Probably.

"Who is your Clan?" Throughout this all Hiron didn't take a step back when she put her hand on his chest. He did glance down with a pointed look at her hand, before looking back to her. "If ya dun' have any other business here anymore, you can come with me to Rishi. We can probably gear you up, maybe give you some spending creds."

A shrug there.

"To get ya back on yar feet."

Kale watched as Siv finished the fight against the Red Key Raiders. As it ended he noticed Vren and Tee show up. Kale stood revealing his position to everyone by speaking in his comm, "I'm coming down." He figured he'd better give warning so no one would try and shoot him reflexively. When his feet hit the ground, he looked to Vren and clasped forearms with him. "Good to see you Vren." He then nodded his respect to Tee, "Hello Tee. Still haven't shot this Hutt slug yet, eh?" He said pointing at Vren before facing Siv. He clasped forearms with his other fellow Karjr. "As always Siv it's a pleasure to watch you fight." Kale slung his AC320 rifle, took out a data chip and gave it to Siv, "I recorded the fight from my POV. You can keep it for posterity or any tactical analysis you might to do." Kale took some cursory scans of a couple of the bodies laying around, "So who were these guys?"

"Those were -- are -- Red Key Raiders," Siv added, gesturing towards the bodies on the ground with his hand holding the knife. He wanted to be able to give them the information before they went and rocketed off on some foolhardy mission to kill them all. "I had a few run-ins on with them on Tatooine before. Apparently, they remember me. Won't be happy to see a whole army on their doorstep, and don't let those grunts give you the wrong impression of their capabilities; their Enforcers are an entirely different breed. Raised a lotta hell for me on Mos Pelgo." He shrugged, wiping the blood from the vibroknife before sheathing it. "But don't let that stop you. I hear they may even make you some sort of Marshal if you keep up the good work. I got more skeletons in the closet to clean out"

Kale nodded thoughtfully and made a note in his system to research the Red Key Raiders. The more information he had on an enemy, the better prepared he would be to fight them. "So these are just front line fodder, eh? I'll keep that in mind." He then spoke in general, "So I heard something about heading to a cantina and raising hell on this planet?" He said with a grin in his voice that everyone heard since he had his helmet on.

Suppose?

It was all Safira could do not to scoff in his face, but he relented anyway and agreed that something was owed. She couldn't help but smile at her win, even if it was small.

When he asked about her clan, she was momentarily thrown off. Recently, she was Haran, but that wasn't really a clan anymore. Who was she now? To save him the wait, Safira simply shrugged. "I don't have one." It sounded kind of sad. Mandalorian culture revolved around brotherhood and family, and here she was. Without either. Not for the first time in her life. She was starting to wonder if she was really the problem.

As it happened, she didn't have any more business in Tatooine. She hadn't even wanted to come here in the first place. So, getting off the planet would have been motivation enough. Now that there was gear and credits mixed into the bargain, she would have been a fool to say no. "Yeah." She finally replied. "Thanks."

"It's Safira, by the way."
She stepped to the side, to let him pass so that she could follow him out. "My name. Safira Varad." There was no point in Haran anymore. Might as well get back to her roots.

"You don't, huh?"

He shrugged there.

"Ain't all they crop up to be. Pain in the arse, lots'a responsibilities and people complaining." Hiron drawled as he passed by her and exited out the room proper. Right as she was about to follow him out however? He came back in, lugging a grav-lift behind him. With a grunt he managed to get the crate on the lift itself.

"I was born a Vizsla, but spend a long time just roaming myself, so nothing to be ashamed about." At least trying to reassure her a little bit since this situation had started off so tense to begin with.

Then again.

He did introduce himself as a Vizsla now. So something clearly had changed for him. Now with the grav-lift pushed in front of him Hiron left for keeps. There were probably still some smugglers alive throughout the complex. But he used the security systems to lock them in the rooms they were in. It would take them a while to get out.

By the time they did Hiron (and Safira) would be gone.

How was that for a message?

"Pleasure to meetya, Safira. Born to Varad then? Never had much game with them. Seemed fine folks though, none of them followed that chit show with Yasha the Usurper, so gotta be proud of 'em."

enclave.png

OMk5OcL.png

OBJECTIVE: I - Quick & Easy
TAG: Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji Shai Maji Shai Maji Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Ardasz Verd Ardasz Verd Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

A voice was faintly heard on the comm frequency by Faison, unfamiliar and unwelcome. Kranak was quick to respond to the entity, inquiring about its identity. Instead of a direct answer, the entity spoke in vague responses. 'Territory it once oversaw'? The encoded message Kranak broadcast over their frequency was received and acknowledged by Faison, along with Shai's update that they were breaching the target room. This situation didn't feel right, in fact - it felt very, very wrong. If it were up to him, he'd have diverted the breaching effort immediately upon an unknown entity breaching their secured comms channel. Thus far, it did not appear the entity was overtly aligned with their target, as the thugs outside had thus far continued their ill-trained sentry duties as if nothing was happening. Faison took the opportunity to redirect his attentions. His HUD maintained a 'picture in picture' window from the feed linked through his sniper scope while he strode over to his holo terminal. He accessed the back end application on his device, and began by masking his IP signature via a redundant subroutine bouncing his signal across dozens of nodes across the planet.

After successfully masking his location and identity, he set about backtracing the signal of the intruder utilizing an aggressive series of protocols, with the intent of masking his true intention while also trying to triangulate the intruder's physical location. It was only after initiating these commands that Faison realized he did not hear any status update from the breaching maneuver from Shai or Kranak. Faison responded using the same clandestine 'morse code' over the comm frequency, inquiring about their status. Meanwhile, as his holo terminal set about enacting the series of commands he entered, he returned to his sniper perch and scanned the street level. It appeared the guards outside were still at relative ease, but a slight development was arising nonetheless. A trio of speeders approached from the city outskirts, slowing to a stop by the rear entrance to the stands. The speeders opened, revealing an unidentified figure who appeared to be someone important, along with guards and servants forming his retinue. It didn't take long for Faison to infer this was probably a guest of Motil who was arriving late.

Faison's mind raced to come up with a solution to this unforeseen development, and he rushed back over to his holo terminal to hastily input another series of commands. He keyed in the final strand of code just as one of the thugs standing guard by the door attempted to swipe his card across the access panel. The panel blipped a forbidding red color, and the thug bashed the terminal with an irritated curse in Huttese. Faison emitted a sigh of relief, and quickly tapped in another message to the team.

"<Late arrival. VIP with guards. Delayed for one minute. Take the shot?">

enclave.png

Gwyn smirked at the equal interest in a good fight. They were here to wipe the stains of crime clean from this wretched sandball. That, they would do. Gwyn then heard some voices from the back. She reached up and tapped her buy'ce, listening in as she heard the familiar word Mandalorian.

"Oi, they're here too!"
"Shush! They will hear us!"
"Next thing you know, we'll never be able to smuggle the next shipment of spice out..."

Gwyn's body lanquage tensed as she sat straighter up. Her hand was already lowering towards her light repeating blaster as she spoke completely in Mando'a, "Three tables down, to our right. Spice smugglers." She scowled beneath her buy'ce, muttering, "I loathe drug smugglers..."

She stood up, holding her light repeating blaster against her hip. She looked down to her fellow Mandalorians, returning to common speech, "Are you with me?"

The moment she was given the word, she would turn and open fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom