Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The first step is a doozy [Dominion of Lareen]

The ships heading down brought some vibrations but also a nod. So it was true they did have the hot redheads in the galaxy. Well he would just have to show why he was awesome and fun. Maybe use a little sibling favoritism to get himself raised up to be better looking. Status wise he had all the looks in the family after all and they all knew that. No he would have to make some nice show rescuing this planet in the name of the protectorate and all the good feelings that came from making sure evils like the sith never came to pass on them. First step was landing and getting defenses, then warning the others and third wiping the floor with their soldiers. "Well then we'll just have to show why the Coraks are the best choice in the galaxy."

Lareen City
Councilor's Chamber
Dusk

"The first thing I must do is stress that this is not a takeover attempt." Ayden looked around at the four Councilors he knew, and the nine he didn't. Most of his men were in the atrium, waiting for his return with further orders. Two stood at the doors leading into the chamber, standing at attention while Ayden addressed the full Lareen Council. "Nor is this strictly an attempt at fearmongering. This is simp-" "I'm sorry, did you just say that this wasn't -strictly- fearmongering?" Ayden turned his attention to one of the Councilor's he didn't know; a rather short, squat man with a receding hairline. The other Councilors looked between the two, obviously thinking the question and curious as to its answer.

Ayden smiled mirthlessly and nodded. "I did, Councilor. Because I want you to know." That smile disappeared and his face visibly darkened. "You should be afraid of the Sith." Murmurs broke out amongst the Councilors while Ayden turned back to his holoprojector. "You are safe here, for the moment, but that is likely to change. Soon, nowhere will be safe." The murmurs grew tinged with fear as the first planet appeared. "This is Donanyd. A peaceful world, much like Valen. They had no extensive interactions with the galaxy, preferring to live their lives on their homeworld." A second later, a line slashed through the planet. For a time, it looked like the planet was unscathed. Until the crust peeled back like a rotten apple and exploded. "Destroyed by the Sith."

"The Sith fleet advances across the galaxy. Some worlds are utterly destroyed." The holoprojector switched to an image of two planets orbiting one another. In the background, the star suddenly brightened and expanded. Larger and larger it grew until the surfaces of the planets bubbled and were blasted away by the intense heat, only seconds before they were consumed by the supernova. "Others were conquered, their population used as slaves." Images of Mon Calamari moving about in chains, their homeworld a ruined planet with Sith forces everywhere. "The Sith are evil, unrelenting and unfeeling. Perhaps they want your resources. More likely they are driven by dark desires that you and I can't comprehend." The holoproject continued to cycle through images of Sith conquests as Ayden faced each Councilor.

"In the end, what does it matter? Your survival lies in stopping the Sith, not understanding them. I know that Valen has been a world of peace, untouched by war. I've seen the ravages of war firsthand, and I've no wish for any to be marred by its ugly taint. That's why we're here. We want to fight so that you won't have to. We have plans to set up defenses in the city and station shuttles to be used in the event a mass evacuation is necessary." His impassioned pleas seemed to reach the Councilors, who looked at each other with unease but some measure of resolve as they slowly came to a collective understanding. Lera looked down at Ayden, a light of desperation in her eyes. "What do you need from us?"

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Flint Corek II"]
"Damn straight little bro." Noah stated and ruffled his little brothers hair playfully. He then heard and felt a loud vibration run through the landing craft as it finally hit the dirt and the landing ramp lowered to allow Noah,his troops and Flint out of the craft and onto the surface of Valen. "OK Deadeyes,we're setting up our prefab base here. Flint,you welcome to stay with us if you want." Noah informed his troops and then his little brother and looked to the sky to see the ships carrying prefabricated bases to the surface.

Jsc

Disney's Princess

Herald-Class Cruiser, Construct One: Logistics Complete
@[member="Corvo Anattolius"]

The Lord Protector was busy with negotiations while the troops went about their duties elsewhere. Karen Roberts was still on the ground outside the broken cruiser Construct One. Her mission to unpack the wreckage was now complete.

"...Kyles. Report."

"Ai ma'am. The last of the gear is unpacked and getting prepped for transit. The Captain has called in enough birds to get the gear airborne and moving. Now it's just a matter of time."

"Understood soldier. Excellent work. Take five with the boys while I grab new orders."

"Understood Commander. We'll be here."

Karen nodded to her group of helpers and returned to the Captain's presence. He was not in a better mood,

"Ah. Commander Roberts. I understand that all the gear is finally ready for pick up, yes?"

"Yes sir. Counted, sorted, and the ground teams are ready for the birds to arrive."

"Good. First darn piece of good news I've heard all day."

"What's next sir?"

"Well. Lord Cater is already in delegations with Lareen City even as we speak. We fully expect that we'll begin City Fortifications by the end of the night. That means Logistics. Men. Guns. Armor. Barracks. The whole she'bang. ...Now. I expect we'll be keeping Navy Ranks and every man will stay with his ship. However, the Lord Protector may see fit to assign groups of soldiers to Urban Defense. That means mixing with the locals. So I want you with the MP's. Do whatever you have to keep order in the city. Use those Jedi Powers to ensure that we keep the peace. The Sith are the enemy. I want as much good PR with these Valenites as possible. And I want you to see it done."

"Understood sir? I suppose this means you won't be needing anymore of my help then?"

"What? Oh. ...No. No. You've unpacked my ship and that is enough. As her Captain I'm grateful to OPSAAT for the assist. And blah blah blah. ...Look soldier. Your the Field Marshall's problem now. I don't have time to baby-sit a Jedi on my ship any longer. So get out there and start making this Invasion a success."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir. On my way."

Karen gave a quick salute and retreated back to her soldiers. She was used being treated differently. It just came with the job.

"Oi. Well now Commander. Looks like he's in a better mood eh? Heh. So. Commander. What's the word."

"Kyles. Shadowguard. Your all with me. We'll be headed to Lareen to assist the MP in keeping civil order. Get your lunch break in now people. When the bird's arrive we'll relocate to the Valenite's grand community for a little peace keeping mission. Dismissed."

"Aye ma'am. We'll be ready."

Karen nodded to her troops and returned to look at the horizon. It would not be long before Lord Cater convinced the locals to allow them to Occupy their city.

One way or another.

@[member="Mirshen"]

Both ideas sounded good to Lylin and she returned his smile, it was just a pity she is not in a fighter, what she could do with that and make things go boom would delight him no end. "I think the idea of the beach, some nice surprises for a land party of Sith, and maybe we could go for a swim too?", she smiled more now. She leaned over near to Mirshen and put her face near his ear, and she whipered. "Pity you don't have fighter here, I can do things with them that would make your skin ... tingle".

@[member="Lylin Osh"]

Oh that last part sent a shiver down Mirshen's spine at the thought, making him tingle all over. That settles it they would have to get a fighter preferably with one seat but two would do in the end. There was plenty the pair of them could do and he asn't such a bad shot himself when it came down to where he like to fire explosives. "Oh oh oh now you got me all excited... Then it is settled once we are on the ground and ready to begin we shall get a fighter with two seats and lots of shiny explosives. We'll rain destruction upon thine enemies of freedom and peace and at last we shall have peace. Oh and we'll go swimming, I have this thing swimsuit that would look amazing on.... Me."

Lareen City
Balcony outside the Councilor's Chambers
Dusk

"Another cruiser down?" Ayden swore under his breath, turning away from the comlink. That made three they'd lost, not including Construct One. "Salvage status?" "Unclear. It lost main power and landed in the middle of the North Sea. A hull breach let water in, but emergency bulk heads have stopped the flooding. For now, its tenuously afloat. Provided no surface storms sweep in, there's a chance we'll be able to restore main power and get the ship flying again." Some good news. "Thank you, Colonel. Keep me appraised." Ayden put the comlink back on his belt and sighed. Four ships down, one prevented from descending to the surface. That left only fifteen assault cruisers to reach the surface relatively unharmed. It was far from ideal, losing a quarter of his force before any fighting had even broken out. Still, they'd make it work.

Councilor Lera stepped out alongside the Corellian and leaned against the rail. "Lareen is so quiet at night. I love it." She sighed wistfully as she gazed out over the city, though Ayden caught the subtle taint of fear and worry that carried in her voice. "We'll keep the people safe, Councilor. The Protectorate won't abandon your people to the Sith." She looked up at him with a questioning gaze. "Why? Until this evening, we had never heard of the Protectorate. Why would you and your men give their lives to protect complete strangers?" It was a question that many had asked before, and one that Ayden had learned to anticipate.

"My father, before passing, told me about an oath that he had lived his life by. The Jedi Code, he said, was too narrow-minded and restricted. It condoned inaction and allowing evil to breed too rampantly." Around his left ring finger, Ayden slowly turned a heavy silver ring around and around. He seemed to be taken back to a far away place, a long time ago. "'Be without fear, in the face of your enemies. Be brave, and upright, that the gods may love thee. Speak the truth, even if it leads to your death. Safe guard the helpless and do no wrong.'" Looking up from his ring, Ayden turned to the Councilor with a smile. "That was his oath. In the end, it led him to his grave. But he kept to it, even at the end. And since then, I've done my best to live by that code. I've heard it said that all it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing, and I refuse to do nothing, Councilor."

He put his hands on the banister and stared up at the stormy skies. "This isn't your fight, Councilor, but none one within the Protectorate would turn their backs to your plight. Better they die doing good than live having done nothing to stop evil." There was something in his voice that held painful memories, but the Councilor seemed not to notice. "Thank you, Ayden." Lera smiled and stood on the edge of her feet to plant a chaste kiss on his cheek before turning and walking back into the Chamber, leaving the Corellian to his thoughts.

@[member="Mirshen"]

She pulled back from him, delighted with his response to her suggestion, he was slowly showing her more and more of himself, it was still a little strange, but she smiled at his character. "I am sure you would look amazing in a swimsuit", she smiled now.

She thought about the fighter now, "Yes something with high powered guns and fast, I like the idea of hit and run, don't you? I like surprises". She said flashing her well known smile. Now she was feeling a little thirsty, she had developed a taste for booze over her time in the Rebels. Not that she is dependent on it, now she just liked it. The sense of excitement now here, with Mirshen and the coming fight, she wanted to enjoy it more with him. "Have you got anything to drink on this ship of ours, some whiskey or something like that?, I could do with a drink and we can toast the plan".

Levy rested on her speeder as she had a grin on her face. Plenty of time to do what she enjoyed and sliding her helmet off was the next step while she lit cig. No fancy cigar like the lord protector, she just had the basic cigs and her deathsticks. Now those would make being on a speeder awesome but dangerous as well. A chuckle came from her mouth and she kept going to meet with the people of Valan there was plenty she could do without firing a shot at them.

If her sisters were going by air then Tysk was going to take the land route and she smirked as the corp of speeder mounted soldiers followed with her. The nightvision of their helmets working double time to show the landscape. There was much happening here now and she only gave a chuckle. The route they had was longer then the others but it would mean they could scout around and ahead. Maybe catch some of the sith forces or mando's if they had come. The fringe was also a concern since they were known to be closer to them. As it stood they were looking to see if they were going to try anything. "Alright keep an eye out for anything and report."

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
Basaba had barely landed when she got a new crew of troopers and purpose. They were headed out to a new location and a new objective. Land, help the people and warn them of the dangerous people coming from the Fringe and sith. Possibly even the Atrisians but it was all about getting to that next city, with the people as she lifted the ship into the air and headed out preparing to make it. To gather as much intel as they could before preparing for a fight. "Alright all soldiers hold on and keep alert." Her hands went over the controls and jerked them to the side while her co-pilot set about scanning. THey would do as needed but she wanted to have some scouts set to report and sniper positions could prove useful while one Omega soldier got out with a spotter and took position on a hill top.

@[member="Aoyoshi Kinkawa"]

"Alright come on, the ones of you who still need practice come with us. We'll work on your technique on the ride over to the city and warn them those of you who have it down will work with the next class and practice more yourself. We'll review in a bit and make sure you are certain to have it all down. For now just relax and let the soldiers protect the city unless there is not choice. That is why they are here after all." Mistral looked up as several he had been working with for non lethal take downs and means gave nods of their heads to understanding. "Alright men head out." "He looked over to Aoyoshi and spoke with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

@[member="Mistral"]
" As well as one who is recovering from a shot to the ribs, would expect to be feeling." She wasn't happy about being her, she was supposed to be on desk duty. But somehow she had been put here. She hid her discomfort as she moved with Mistral, well she tried to. He would know she wasn't doing the best. " I am here to serve. " She said as she kept moving and keeping up with Mistral.

@[member="Lylin Osh"]

Booze? Did he have booze? Oh oh oh that was awesome and she was even more of a gem as he smirked standing up and going itno the back. "Well we got some stuff here or there, before he left Aedan my buddy stole from the Lord Protector some of his finest. He was funny like that and the Corellian blood between them or whatever was something of an interesting thing. Now we have some of the best aged Corellian hooch here credits can buy. Not that we bought it but you get the idea." he returned to the cockpit and looked around and taking the stopper out with a pop. The dark honey colored liquid he gently swirled around before taking a swig and feeling it burn in his throat as he swallowed. "Ah that is the good stuff. Now don't go getting me drunk so you can take advantage of me now."

Captain James Edward Stone

C
"Alright crew we have our orders and know what we need to do. We are heading gallantly into the abyss of the night, to warn the noble people of Valan about the evils of the sith threat. We are heading out to make sure their livelihoods are protected and that oppression by the notoriously evil doers of the empire never comes. So mourn them to do, rejoice in their newest friendships with the greatest pirate hunter alive." Edward stood on his ship as he gave his best Peter pan pose and looked to the side allowing his hair to fall over one shoulder. "Now lets head out."

"Alright lets hit it" Allison looked at the ship as she sat in the hold with a couple of others soldiers. She looked at them heading off towards the next city and spoke more when the doors closed and let out a breathe. "Alright you know the plan, no violence unless attacked and warn the people we aren't here to hurt them or force them just help to make sure they don't get endangered by the sith or axis forces."

"Alright everyone move out and prepare, we have to make sure the people know. Hit the countryside and everywhere you can. Tell them that the enemies are coming and to be prepared. That only we can help protect them and make sure they know who we are. This isn't a game and this isn't a time to relax.: Knight looked around at the group and gave a nod of her head to that while she breathed in deeply and rolled her shoulders. She went towards her speeder and took off to head out and ensure the Protectorate did its duty to the people of Valan. "You two come with me." KNight took two omega soldiers and have a nod of her head to them when they asked for assurances. "We're heading out so lets roll."

Flint smirked when the hand was in his hair and the news they were setting up the base was a welcome on. He had no where else to go... Well okay there was a few places but best to settle in first before he went about trying to flirt with some of the omega females. THere was enough trouble without having someone leave him high and dry naked without a base to run into. Not going to let that happen again. There was one or two other reasos but he welcomed the notion of just leaving it at that. "I'll help out here, lets get the base up and running and then we'll find something fun to do."

Katagiri continued to listen to what was going on about the area, she wasn't one for waiting around usually but here while she stood with a smirk on her face had to admit. The setting sun they had come in on was... Enjoyable. Were she more then just a jaded ex mandalorian jedi who got underestimated she would have to admit.... This was an imposing task to liberate an entire planet from the likes of the axis. So she slid from a small pouch a white golden hilted lightsaber and slid it to her belt. The white blade something that would burn brightly in the night. She turned her head looking at some of the Valan's while offering a smile. "THank you for having me and now come show me around I wwish to understand some of your culture.

@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

Oliver looked at the screen as he stood there and rolled his shoulders letting the the breathe he had been holding come out from between his teeth while he looked over at his dad. He didn't have much else to do or at least not yet. He was preparing to head down but he wanted to make sure the old man was okay. After all he had recently had his papers lost or whatever and made another baby sister for him... When was he going to get a brother to torment huh? Huh? "So think we'll be able to hold the line? The CIS is down there we might end up facing Sophia or mom."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom