Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Festival of Stars (SJC and allies)

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
"I can get her an invitation. Just say when and where. As for your next project, I would love to see a preview if possible." Whatever building it was, it must be pretty grand to house a princess. Either way, it would probably something to see.

Omen paused, wondering if he should talk about the next topic that came to mind. You know what, why not. If she can't handle people wanting the best for her so be it.

"So... I saw you and Rex were very handsoffish in the videos on the news feed. Is there something there or am just seeing things?"

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

"When the Embassy opens, I'll be sure to invite you both. It'll be a small event, I think and nothing this grand." She gestured to the large amount of people in attendance at this festival. "Damascus Station is going to be amazing. It's almost a small planet in itself, allowing for inhabitable planets to be somewhat inhabitable. At least in orbit. We've got it over Anvil right now which isn't in our territory yet, but it will be very soon."

When Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen asked her about her and Rex, Lori cleared her throat a little. Holocams didn't exactly follow her around, but it seemed as though there were plenty of eyes at the summit. She wondered if they caught Rex jumping when she touched his arm at the table...

"We're....still getting used to eachother. And he's quite busy now that he's running everything. I figure that the best way that I can help is to take care of things on my own and give him less burdens to bear. The less he has to worry about, the better." And the less time he has to spend with her was probably better for him as well.

Festival of a Thousand Worlds

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Open

It wasn't often that Valery had much time to herself — it was typically either spent on Jedi business or with her family, but Kahlil had encouraged her to take more time to relax and recover. So when she heard about her allies of the SJC hosting a festival, she decided to travel to Commenor to attend it. Granted, she arrived a bit late because she couldn't just drop everything, but she hoped to represent the NJO a little, and perhaps meet some familiar faces.

The Silver Jedi were still the group that helped welcome her back into the Galaxy a few years ago, and she'd always be grateful for that.

So after her arrival, Valery decided to walk through the festival and try some of the food they offered. But as she passed by some rather exotic-looking stalls, she spotted the first familiar face — Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor seemed to have something set up as well, and cameras were set up for his live show. Not wanting to disturb it, she approached but remained behind the cameras while she watched.

But after a moment, there seemed to be some kind of pause between live shots, and she decided to take the opportunity to approach the big man.

"It's been a long time," Valery said with a warm smile, as she stopped right in front of his stall.

"I was watching the show a little, and it looks really nice what you've got set up here."

Be careful what you wish for.
” Confrontation is a positive way to handle negative events..”- Steve Gilliland

Cooking with Caltin was live again and Caltin was giving a demonstration on one of his “peetsahs”, from start to finish, one of his most requested dishes was being made for all to see. If people wanted to write down the recipe, they could go right ahead, it’s not like he had a restaurant or catering business or anything, he had nothing to hide (not that anyone who had one of those did or anything). He may not have been “in his element” like he was during mano e mano armed combat or anything but doing this has found the big man peace.

Putting the peetsahs in the oven and pulling others that were just finished out, cutting them up, and offering them to anyone in reach, Caltin saved one for the woman who caught his eye. She was beautiful, yes, but that isn’t why she had his attention (for one, he was happily married himself), no, he knew her. It was “Noble”. The “Three-Millenia” old Jedi and she looked to be here on business… not that it mattered to him.

She was putting the past behind her, so he could as well, hopefully… big moron liked to dwell on things.

You’re not wrong, but do you have to call me a “moron”?

Anyway… offering that plate to her once the cameras went off (for another pause in between shooting), the big guy actually took a few more holopics with people and thanked them for the compliments on the food before talking to her.

Well, you can thank, or blame Romi Jade Romi Jade for this. It was her joke that planted the idea in my head. I just ran with it.

Grabbing one of the unclaimed raffle tickets for the upcoming giveaway, he offered it to the Jedi. She probably would not take it, but who knows?

There, you’re entered. The next giveaway is that… the "Spirit" Light freighter, Or the "Sunshower' Luxury Yacht later on. Hang around, who knows? Right?

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Sergeant Omen

The Clone nodded along as he glanced upon the crowd as it ebbed and flowed. "I'm glad. Big events make me a little like I'm pushed into the corner with a dunce cap on and if I speak to anyone I get a slap on the wrist." His track record at big events was not a good one and he would rather be alone than go through another Bastion.

Ah, by Lori's body language he had hit the motherload. Now how was he going to approach her about it? "Lori... I can see that you aren't happy about the situation. As much as you want it to, just hiding in work won't make the problem go away. You're going to have to talk to him if you really want to keep this "relationship" up or not. You only get some many years and I don't want you staring at the ceiling, later on, thinking about how you let your life get away from you when you could have been with someone... more supportive."

Lervon in Exile
unknown.png
Mardo looked at the plate, slightly confused. He looked back at Caltin, for once not sure how to exactly respond here.

"Uh.... Thank you, Master, but lervon don't exactly eat." Despite his monotone, the way he spoke and the somewhat nervous sense in the Force he gave off would give it away. It didn't help that Caltin seemed... odd in appearance for a Jedi Master. At least those who he had seen before. He hadn't really realized it at first though. He still looked like a person after all. Mardo would then listen to what Travot would ask, nodding a little in agreement with the question.

"I'm not a Master... but I will say to my species' vision Caltin does look strange for a Jedi."

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

"Big events make me feel small too. Especially when they involve outside governmemts. I can't help but feel so out of place and unwanted..." Politics was more of a thing for her parents and her brother. Not for Lori. She was the one that was always running around on one crazy adventure or the next. People didn't take her seriously at all. Even now, they still don't.

Her head lowered slightly as Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen gave her some words of advice on what to do in her situation. Of course she wasn't very comfortable with the idea. It was one thing to speculate about rejection, and quite another to hear it first hand. "He just needs some time. He's got a lot on his plate now that he's King, so he's just too preoccupied. He's got too much going on in his mind. I don't think that he wants me to crowd him. I mean...I know what it's like. I have Arla with me most of the time and sometimes even she gets to be too much for me. But it's not as though we're under any pressure. And just think...wouldn't it be much worse if he was trying to force himself on me? I wouldn't want to force myself onto him either." She wanted to try to make it work. She made a promise to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun and she was honourbound to keep it. It didn't matter to her that he was in a coma and unable to see things for himself. Somehow he'd still know...

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Open

Once Caltin spotted her, Valery would offer a warm and friendly smile while she accepted the plate with food. But it was in this moment that she realized something as well — she could no longer sense his presence. If it wasn't for the fact that she had sensed him before, she may not have thought too much of it, but now it was a rather peculiar thing. Something had changed about him, but it wasn't really her place to question it.

She just watched him take pictures with some people who had come to watch and meet him and tried the food he had prepared. Valery was quite fond of cooking herself, so it was instantly obvious why he had his cooking show — it tasted great, and helped keep that smile on her face.

"Master Jade, hm? Well, I'm glad you ran with the idea — you've got something nice going here, and the food is amazing," Valery complimented with a small dip of her head.

The man then offered a ticket to her and explained what it was for, which made Valery consider it for a moment. She wasn't usually the type to really enter competitions or lotteries, but perhaps she could get something fun for her and her family, so she accepted it and nodded.

"Those are quite the prizes; I'll stick around to see if I'm lucky today," she chuckled and put the ticket away for now. "But how have you been lately? It's been quite some time since we last met."

unknown.png

Gir listened to Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix intently, his attention only drawn away from her words by the need to not collide into any of the other couples. Her proposal in many ways was obvious, and likely something that he guessed was already being considered by the other galactic powers involved. The two governments had always been relatively friendly with each other and had espoused similar ideals for years. Yet their drift from each other had largely been due to facing a different combination of internal problems and external threats. Knowing many of the representatives within the Silver Assembly, the admiral guessed that there were a good portion who would be content for the Concord to continue focus inward on rebuilding ruined worlds after their devastation by the Bryn'adul, but even they knew that for practical reasons, they couldn't focus exclusively on that - a weak military would almost certainly invite invasion by the New Imperial Order.

"I think that is definitely something that the Silver Assembly would be interested in," said the admiral, spinning her around once more.

"I'm not sure how closely you follow Concord politics - I imagine that the Alliance Senate can have dizzying amounts of intrigue and backroom politicking all by itself...but the Silver Assembly leader is about to change. Senator Chistor's term limit is coming to an end, and I'm not entirely sure who will certainly step in to take his place. I feel fairly comfortable in saying that the Silver Jedi Order and many of the more permanent officials in the Concord would be interested in doing more formal talks about a potential alliance. That base of influence combined with the natural predisposition of our representative's fear of the New Imperial Order and the traditional good ties between our nations should be enough to formally pass any sort of treaty or agreement through the Silver Assembly with relative ease..."

He paused as he maneuvered them around the now clearly inebriated couple.

"...where do you think the Senate would sit on such matters?"

unknown.png

While Mardo Leo Mardo Leo and Travot both pondered what had changed about Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , another familiar presence appeared: Valery Noble Valery Noble . Travot took a respectful step back as the two old friends talked. While he didn't know the entirety of their relationship, he had been lead to believe that it predated at least their time with the Silver Jedi Order.

He took the opportunity to look around the festival, taking note of another one of the prizes arriving for Caltin's show - what appeared to be a graceful, semi-aquatic yacht of sorts. The susevfian was not the greatest fan of large bodies of water, but even he could see the appeal of spending some time onboard a vessel like that. He could already feel his sense of wanderlust igniting - what he wouldn't give to go run out in his new speeder and go exploring on some nearly uninhabited world on the edge of the galaxy right now.

But a famous jedi's words came to him: Adventure and excitement...a jedi craves not these things? Is that how it went? There was something to be said for enjoying the stillness of things and just be content with what was immediately around him as he sought to help those around him. That's what Caltin was doing in his own unorthodox way. But who was looking after Caltin right now?

He considered pressing Caltin a little bit more on the issue, but then he faintly heard Valery through the noise of the crowd them:
"But how have you been lately? It's been quite some time since we last met."

At those words, he promptly shut his mouth and looked back at the Sunshower yacht. Maybe he'll be more open with an old friend about things if something's not right...and buy who knows, maybe I'm imagining things too...

Be careful what you wish for.
” Honesty has a power that very few people can handle.”- Steven Aitchison

Were they “friends”? Caltin and Valery? Maybe in some generic term, but the big guy did not see her as one. He did not know her well enough to consider her that way, and yet they had interactions in the past. He did not have an issue with her, he did not hate her, that does not mean he trusted her. The only issue is asking him why he did, the big man couldn’t answer that to save his life.

Cooking with Caltin again in between shots as they were setting up for the next big giveaway. Caltin was busy pondering just about this fellow that Ravenna was standing with. When the individual turned away the turnover, the big guy just shrugged and began to munch on it himself. He did not really have an answer for the three of them as to “what was bothering him” or “going on”, nothing that he really wanted to talk about anyway. Life was fine. He was redefining who he was and his place in the galaxy, finding his own place in it. What was bad about that?

I’ll have you know that I do look strange for a Jedi.

An uncharacteristic smirk crawled across his face as the characteristic eyebrow jumped up.

As for what has been going on with me? Not much to tell, just trying to live day by day, but aren’t we all? Now give me one second. Please.

Knowing full well that he did not give an answer, the massive wanderer/Jedi Master/whatever he is now jumped up onto the table again and electrically pulled the microphone back to his hand.

Grabbing one of the unclaimed raffle tickets for the upcoming giveaway, he offered it to the Jedi. She probably would not take it, but who knows?

Alright, we’re back live at the Festival of the Stars, having a great time, eh?!

There were enthusiastic cheers.

We’re ready for our next giveaway, the "Spirit" Light freighter… get your tickets out!

tpuAKtr.gif

The event location was quite sizable, so it took Aayla some time to make it over to Master Vanagor's section. Though she eventually found her way, briefly passing by the dancing section and becoming lightly sidetracked, but not sticking around. She was a terrible dancer anyway. It was still interesting to see. As such still in very non-Jedi, and sports wear attire, Aayla enjoyed the event mostly at a distance. Although she heard she had won something, unsure of what exactly what it was she had won.

Within minutes she found herself nearing the section, spotting several faces she knew of, but not feeling particularly social enough to engage anyone out of the blue. Was that Romi Jade Romi Jade . She smirked as soon as she saw her, but as aforementioned didn't prompt anything. If they locked eyes, she would note Aayla's soft expression at her presence, and a definitive nod. Though pushing further in she spotted Valery Noble Valery Noble . Her mind turned to pranks immediately, tapping Valery's shoulder on the left, and sliding around to her right in one smooth action.

Though if Valery looked left, and or right Aayla would have pretended to be looking at Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor the entire time, upnodding him.

"Master Vanagor, I heard I won some retirement funds, I'm here to collect."

A smirk was then given back towards Valery, undoubtedly at this point she was aware it was her that was pranking the other. She would've never dreamed of doing something like that to any other Jedi Master, but that was Valery's magic she supposed. The woman was simply approachable, and open. No surprise Aayla had taken to her like fly to honey.

2FS8YbB.png

Sergeant Omen

The Clone just nodded along with Lori's statement. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't break into the Enclaves government. Maybe he and Lori should switch positions and see how it went. That would be a fun switch for both of them.

Omen's brow creased as he listen as Lori tried to list every reason when Rex wasn't taking care of her needs. It seemed like she was in denial."All I will ask is what has he done to help you and make you feel loved. It shouldn't be all on your to drag him along. That's not how relationships work, not healthy ones anyway."

"He......he hasn't done anything." Lori dipped her head further in thought in response to Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen 's question. The one time her and Rex shared a room together, they had done so with pillows in between them on the bed and used seperate blankets so that neither of them would be uncomfortable. The heat in his room was broken and she had invited him into hers out of compassion and to see what he would have done in a certain situation where she had been accused of starting a brawl at a diplomatic event. All that she did was throw a single punch to a man that rightfully deserved it. It wasn't her fault that others joined in....Still, if Rex was King at that time he'd of had her arrested for it, or so he had told her that night. And so she had done her best to not cause any other offences that would have her locked in a cell.

"But as I said....we're still....still getting used to eachother." This was the one time that she could do something great with herself that was worthy enough for her brother or her dead parents and somehow she was already messing it up.

How typical...

Sergeant Omen

"Alright that tears it, we are getting you out of there." The Clone couldn't bear to see her so sad so he quickly pulled out his datapad and said he needed rope and every other material needed for a castle breaking to Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel . "We should have everything ready within the week to get you out of there. You are not a nerfing political puppet for his royal foolishness to dance around, you are a human being with needs. And one of those needs is people that care about you. That man clearly does not care about you in the slightest. Probably asexual... All we got to do is make it authentic. Paint our armor in Maw colors and whisk you away. The King has an excuse to join the Hyperspace War and you get the life of freedom you long for."

Last edited:
"Wait....what?"

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen was clearly passionate and mindful of her situation. But the consequences were very high. There was so many 'what ifs'. No plan was ever foolproof.

"I mean...you're right but what if he just needs more time? And war? You want to risk throwing us into war? What if they discover that it wasn't the Maw involved at all and turn the blame on the Mandalorians? Is my happiness really worth that much? How long would I have to stay away? Is it just to teach him a lesson?" That in itself could work. But still, kidnapping her was risky. Very risky. And what would happen if it failed? What would happen to her friends then?

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna | Open

"I'd say so," Valery replied with a soft smile. Living from one day to another had been the case for quite some time for her, although her life was finally beginning to settle down somewhat. For Caltin, at least it seemed like he was in his element with what he was doing — he had the charisma for a show like this, and if cooking was his passion, then there were likely few things he'd rather be doing with his time.

Or at least, that's what she believed; she didn't actually know him too well. But she respected the man and she was genuinely glad to see him enjoying himself out here.

"Oh, I think I'll pass on the raffle for the ship. I have one and I'd rather see it go to someone who will make better use of it," Valery said as she watched him jump onto the table moments later. She was about to say something about joining in on a different raffle, but tapping on her left shoulder drew her attention.

Seeing nobody there, Valery blinked and when her head turned back, she suddenly noticed Aayla on her right side. Within a second or two, she realized she got pranked and very quickly wrapped her right arm around her friend's shoulders to briefly pull her close into a fairly tight hug.

"Very funny, Aayla," Valery said with a smirk of her own, as she squeezed her friend a bit.

"Good to see you here as well though." She released her friend and stepped aside a little to watch Caltin's show continue.

Sergeant Omen

"He has had 6 months to show you some sparks. At this rate, it will be decades till you get a fire going if at all." Omen chuckled softly as he shrugged, taking the whole Maw thing out of the equation. "Okay, you are right about the Maw... I was a little hasty... Let's throw our armor out of the equation and just use stealth suits. That way, they wouldn't know who we were from."

Omen gasped dramatically before taking Lori-goof by the shoulders and starting to shake her. "For the first and final time... YES! You should be worth the whole galaxy to someone and he clearly has to see that. It is either start forcing him to at least try to do couple stuff outside of your normal to see if anything is there at all at least once a week or we come to get you. It's that simple." He paused before taking out a notepad and jotting something down and handing it to her. "That's Jhira's comm number. If you feel like the walls are closing in on you, just call her and she will pick you up."

Lori nodded a little. At least there won't be a war started over her right to happiness. "Stealth suits...that'd probably be the better option, thank you." Maybe it could be a lesson for him. Or the whole thing could backfire and she'd be kept under guard when she was returned. Who knows?

And then Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen began shaking her in an over-dramatic manner that seemed to both knock some sense into her, as well as lighten her spirits. She laughed a little in spite of herself and then her thoughts drifted to Var-Sulis Var-Sulis and how he behaved around her. His attention to detail might be more than just a part of his job. The way he smiled at her and how his heart beat quicker when she touched him. Of course they had just finished a spar at that moment....

Lori took the piece of paper and pocketed it. "Alright, I'll try and see what happens. I'll see if he wants me. And if after you steal me and he doesn't care, then....some other arrangement will need to be made." Just what that would be, she wasn't certain. She didn't even want to fathom it just yet. The marriage was made for power and prestige, as most tended to be. Love had nothing to do about it. But at least they didn't hate eachother...

Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel

tpuAKtr.gif

unknown.png
Flirting With Danger

Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
Enemies: N/A
Equipment:Equipment In Bio
Song:

2FS8YbB.png

I hadn’t meant to be here for the festival but the mission I was on ran long. Normally this wasn’t something I'd be around for but it was nice to let myself have a small break.

I had been wandering the booths for a few hours now. I was digging into some delicious sweet and spicy meat when I noticed a crowd gathering near a booth. Master Vanagor was on stage cooking up quite a large amount of food. It all smells rather delicious making my mouth water in spite of the food I just been digging into.

I noticed Master Noble in the crowd as well along with another woman I had never seen before. Her ears of all things caught my attention first pointed like a Sephi’s but she looked more like an Arkanian. Huh, I wonder who she is? I pushed closer through the crowd. I could hear Master Vanagor better now which was interesting. I'd never heard this side of him before.

I moved alongside the pair and asked fairly casually ”I've never seen Master Vanagor act like this before, have you?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom