Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Festival of Stars (SJC and allies)

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
Omen gave Lori a sly smile as she got her good spirits back. "We can get you at the embassy once you move in. The only people we will tell is your immediate family and anyone else you think should know. Just let us know when your ready. Now come on, I got about an hour to get something to eat before the dinner rush starts. You coming or are we splitting here?"

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori nodded, but the whole idea had her a bit concerned. What about Arla? Her bodyguard was sworn to protect her. She may have to do the unthinkable and hit her 'off' switch. At least to make it all seem more real in any case. Would she let Var-Sulis Var-Sulis know? He would probably try to hunt her down otherwise. And with his new ship, he was more than capable...

"I'm coming, I'm coming. You might say that I'm starving. Everything smells so good here. I just don't know where to start." It was a food festival afterall. She could almost try a bit of everything.

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Sergeant Omen

"Here, give me a minute." He would turn and walk back towards his stall before coming back in a couple of minutes. In his hands were two plates of his special tiingilar casserole and Berry Haarshun with his own special style uj cake covered with powdered sugar. "Here you go, for you and your lovely pilot of course." He offered Arla a playful wink as he handed her plate over. Hey, if he was going to die alone in this life, he might as well go down fighting.

Lori waited patiently for Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen to return, glancing over to Arla to see if there was any hint at to what her bodyguard was thinking about the plans being put in place. But of course there was nothing.

Omen returned with two plates of food soon after, even giving one to Arla. "I thought you were hungry too. This looks amazing by the way." Lori started digging in while Arla took her time. The droid didn't really need food and her systems were going to need a good cleaning afterwards, but for appearances sake, she ate.

"The Dobsons...." A thought occured to her straight away of Arken Dobson Arken Dobson and Severus Dobson Severus Dobson inbetween bites. "They are going to love having me out of the way. They'll probably sieze power. I can't let them do that..."

Be careful what you wish for.
“Cooking is a subject you can never know enough about. There is always something new to discover.”- Chef Bobby Flay

The winner is… Aric Onassi! Congrat… wait? The little man won? Check you out!

Indeed, a little boy no older than eight or nine years old walked up happily with the winning ticket. He looked to be well kept, but clearly in “old” clothes that had been well worn as if there was more to the story. When researched, he picked up his own winning ticket, not at the behest of his parents though they were there. As he waved for the cameras to jump down, Caltin saw Sergeant Omen standing with a woman (Loreena Arenais-Valhoun) who looked to be familiar but starving. Taking a plate over to her and putting it into her hands as he was talking about the festival and walking away without waiting for any type of response the big man made his way back to the little man.

What’s your name, buddy?

“My name is Ythen, it’s nice to meet you Chef, Master Vanagor.”

The little man actually offered a handshake. This was “too cute” not to be scripted, but it wasn’t.

The pleasure is mine! So tell me. What are you going to do with it? You know…

He grinned.

You should wait ‘til your sixteen before you get into the pilot’s seat.

Then the boy’s face became a little more sullen… he didn’t want to answer. In fact, he started to turn away. Cooking with Caltin was supposed to be live for a few more minutes, but the big gave a glance at the director who immediately cut the feed to a commercial. Tossing the microphone, Caltin knew he was in earshot of other people (like Valery Noble Valery Noble , Aayla Shan Aayla Shan , Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna , Mardo Leo Mardo Leo , and even… is that R Roy Durmillion? If Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen and @Loreena Arenais-Valhoun were there too? Well then they were! :)) he waved those he could off. The boy needed some privacy and he didn’t want to just pull the kid away.

You don’t have to tell me, Ythen. It’s your business. It’s okay.

“It’s not that,”

The kid started to wipe his eyes. He was looking directly at two people who were clearly his parents, they looked apologetic, and “worn” as he was. The picture was starting to come clear.

“I am going to give it to my mom and dad so that we can have a home again. My sister died of sickness not long ago and we had to leave my home to take care of her.”

There was a collective gasp among many of those still there, was this scripted? Was this real?

I am so sorry, little man.

Ythen actually smiled in between sniffles.

“I’m not. It gave us more time with my sister.”

Without so much as another word, Caltin waved over a beautiful brunette Sorussian woman Chrysa Vanagor Chrysa Vanagor . She already knew what he would want her to do, she was his wife after all and the head of his company’s “outreach” program. She just smiled, gave the little boy the biggest hug in the world, and brought the parents over.

I know what it’s like to lose my sister, my family. This wonderful woman is going to help you and your family have an actual home. The ship is indeed yours… but she is going to do more.

“Chrysa” then told him how “Guardian’s Shield”, the outreach division of “Guardian Authority Ltd.” was going to give them an apartment to live in while the boy gets schooling and the parents get work training in the field of their choice. Every credit they make in that time will be their own and they will get assistance to find and get their own home in the future. This was not a “hand out” but a “hand up”. There were enthusiastic cheers, but the big man did notice them, let alone play up. This was not about any of them right now. This was why he did what he did.

As she gave him a smile as she led the tearfully grateful family off to plan for their future, Chrysa gave her husband a “wink and a smile”. Those who came to chat with him, or “claim their retirement” would not see him mouthing the words that he loved her before turning around to meet his colleagues.

I apologize for the delay, but I don’t apologize for that. Jedi do sometimes forget that doing the right thing is not a feeling or emotion that leads to the Dark Side.

Last edited:
That face. Those lines. That radiant smile, and that blonde hair blowing lightly in the breeze. All of the liann's appearance and vibrant personality were things that still amazed Tyrell to this day. Even more so after this longer than usual period of being away from each other, tending to business needed on each side of the galaxy. He on Taris among other places, and her outside Concord space offering her knowledge and skills as a doctor to people in need. There wasn't a bigger and more good heart out there than hers, according to Ty, and he had promised himself to love and protect it. Hence why the last months had been a particular difficult challenge.

A gentle smile slowly spread itself in the corner of his mouth as she got closer and, better late than never, ended up in front of him. As the military man he was, he had stuck with an equally casual but stylish outfit for the evening, with a slim-fit black sweater and grey trousers.

''Who is it, if not the most stunning jedi doctor this side of the galaxy? What gives me the honor?'' Ty asked rhetorically and gently took her hands in his, before offering her a light but perfectly executed kiss on the lips. One way too short than he would like, but well weighted considering the occasion and company. Months had gone since they had seen each other and they had tried to keep in touch best as they could, but nothing could be compared to the feeling of holding the beautiful liann who he loved. ''I'm glad that we could finally do this, Sam. I've missed you...'' he continued in a voice for only meant for them to hear, before leading them slowly strolling into the festivities that soon surrounded them.

''So, how have you been? Except so far away for all too long...?'' he asked, flashing her a charming smile before they approached the bar. ''A drink?'' he added.

Festival of a Thousand Worlds

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Roy Vermilion Roy Vermilion | Open

While Valery watched Caltin cover the raffle for the ship, she spotted someone approaching from the corner of her eyes. Feeling his presence in the Force, she figured it was a Jedi but she couldn't recall meeting the man before. "I can't say I have seen him like this before," she told Roy Vermilion Roy Vermilion with a warm smile. "But then again, I've only met him a few times."

She then finally released Aayla from her tight, one-armed grip and turned to greet the man more properly with a respectful dip of her head, "I don't believe we've met before? I'm Master Valery Noble — a pleasure to meet you," she continued her smile and looked back at Caltin, who was talking to a rather young boy about the prize he won.

But it turned into so much more when the kid explained his situation, and Valery found herself going quiet for a moment. While she never really knew her parents or siblings, her new family meant everything to her, and the thought of losing someone there was the most difficult one in the Galaxy. So to see this boy and his parents tear up was not easy to watch, but she was happy to see that they were getting help to go into a brighter future again.

"No need to apologize for anything," Valery told Caltin when he eventually turned back to her and the other Jedi who had gathered around her.

"It's good to see you doing all of this for people who need it," Valery said with a warm smile. Right now, she felt even happier that she decided against joining the raffle — not only did the prize go to someone who needed it more, the boy and his family were also getting a lot more help now.

That's all that mattered.

tpuAKtr.gif

Her attention had been dragged away during Valery's embrace, which it was to be noted she enjoyed very much. By the Force every now and then a person had to stop and wonder, when was the last time someone just... Hugged them because they wanted too? Well, it wasn't the most prevalent of topics within the Shadows. That much was certain.

"Good to see you too, actually I was going to as-"

It may have just been he getting used to hunting the artifacts down in all of their forms, but her eyes immediately sunk to Roy's saber as he approached, Valery let her go, and Aayla's arms folded gently on her chest observing the man. Who was this?

"Master Ca- er Vanagor has been a little different ever since his hiatus. Just be thankful you weren't hearing his thoughts as he thought them"

Aayla shivered at the thought, remembering all too well those days. Then he left, and since he had come back she hadn't really noticed it as much, if at all. Master Vanagor now seemed dead in the Force.

"I'm Aayla-Senn, I work Intelligence. Nice to meet you as well..."

She offered him, though wasn't going to press him now. She didn't exactly enjoy pressing people for their choices, but everyone had their part to play. Hers was the eradication of the Sith, in every medium they managed to portray themselves. Whether that meant a Kyber crystal, or a compound; everything had to go.

2FS8YbB.png

Lori laughed a little in between the bites of food. She was sure to swallow them down before speaking. "If only they could be blown up! But no...they have their hands in so many pockets and their family is so large it's like dealing with an Imperial Mafia. They wanted to have a stake in my company, but I refused. So I'm competition for them. And given that I'm married to their King, well that gives me more influence over everything than what they have. But they are up to no good....just what their endgame is yet, I don't know. I haven't figured it out. But I'm a cog in their plans. That much I know."

She wished that she had more information for Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , but for the moment she didn't. Maybe that was also partly why she was reluctant to run away. There'd be terrible consequences for the people she's supposed to help protect.

tpuAKtr.gif

unknown.png
Flirting With Danger

Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
Enemies: N/A
Equipment:Equipment In Bio
Song:

2FS8YbB.png

”Sentinel Knight Vermilion at your service though I usually prefer to go by my first name Roy.” I was cheerful in spite of having tracked Aayla’s eyes to the saber on my belt the damn thing always did garner too much attention even with non force sensitives.

”It’s a pleasure to meet you both. As for not having met before I’ve spent so little time at the temple these past few years have actually met me. I tend not to allow myself a large amount of down time.”

As Master Noble's attention was drawn away I looked back to Aayla better to simply get it over with rather than wait I thought. ”You sensed the crystal at the heart of my saber no doubt. This blade was not mine originally I obtained under circumstances where my original saber had been destroyed and I had no other choice but to use it to defend myself. I’ve been meaning for some time to cleanse it but as I said I rarely have the downtime that would be needed to do so.” I didn’t know what kind of Jedi Aayla was so I knew I was taking a risk even mentioning it but what else was there to do.

”On my word as a Knight I swear since this saber has come into my possession that it has been used to do nothing but good. I would hate to make myself a liar to such a beautiful lady as yourself.”

Sergeant Omen

Omen glanced at her in mock horror, wondering what had happened to his Lori-goof. "Lori! Threating to blow people up? How unseemly! Where has my innocent girl gone!"

The Clone would lean against the side of a building as the two ate, Omen thought on the issue before putting his own ideas out there. "Only thing you can do is hired deniable assets to blunt their advances, toughs and the like. It would atleast stall their plans and give you time to fully put them in thier place."

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Objective: Dancing Under the Stars
Tags: Gir Quee Gir Quee

Outfit:
Elegant-Dress-Women-Casual-Long-Sleeve-Office-Lady-Runway-Designers-High-Fashion-jpg-Q90-jpg.webp

She listened intently to the Admiral as he spoke. He definitely had his finger on the pulse of the Silver Assembly, and if she was correct with her assessment of Alliance politics, then it seemed like they were heading in a very positive direction indeed.

"I believe that the Senate would be fully on board. With the attacks of the Maw and the threat of the NIO, it is only wisdom for us to strengthen the bonds that already exists. I do not believe that such an agreement would receive much resistance at all once it graced our chambers." She said confidently. "On another note, you carry yourself very well on the dance floor, Admiral Quee. I don't believe you give yourself enough credit." She flashed a warm smile.

Lori snickered inbetween bites as Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen feigned disbelief. She loved his sense of humour. "This innocent Goofball has grown up, don'tcha know? The ultimate Rebel with a Cause!" She winked playfully and continued eating.

She then listened as he carried on, offering her some advice on what to do to keep the Dobsons from gaining more power than they already had. "Given that I'm Queen and own one of their top weapons and ships manufacturing business, I have some pull at least within different aspects of the government and business side of things. Outside of Elysium however, I'm a nobody. Well, minus Mnemosyne of course. But that's just for my brother and I."

unknown.png

The admiral offered a slow smile to Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix , "Thank you..."

He bit back the urge to simply say that he was merely competent at dancing. Modesty had been something so engrained in Hast culture that he found himself sometimes having a hard time accepting compliments. Yet experience had sculpted some of that upbringing away - he didn't want o possibly insult the senator by disagreeing with it. He tiled her the side as the music turned to a soft chandrilian foxtrot with languid and smooth music that even the dullest of dancers could easily match - aside from maybe that hopelessly intoxicated couple.

"...it seems then that we will need to start to making moves to actually make it formal," said the blonde man, "I'll talk to a few members of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Silver Assembly to see if I can prod them into making a formal draft proposal and to initiate some formal talks with your senate. If that falls through, there are other avenues that I'll look into..."

It almost went unsaid that while the first was the most technically and legally correct way to go about such a thing, that sometimes one had to maneuver through other means. If that felt through, he'd likely have to privately talk to the Silver Jedi Order's grandmaster or the incoming Speaker. The current grandmaster, Wenton Graff, was almost an ivory tower intellectual that the man doubted he'd have much convincing to do - it'd be more of a matter of coordinating his own efforts with the jedi master to ensure that the Silver Assembly made the issue a priority in the latest session.

"...do you need to know anything from me before the night is done?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom