Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG The Fellowship - Jedi Lord Faction Interest Check

MOSHED-2023-12-4-16-1-54.png

image.png

Campaign Overview:

Join us in a galaxy where ancient Jedi legends meet future challenges. Our story, co-created with players, offers exciting goals and balanced conflicts, all while respecting Jedi traditions. In a galaxy that often forgets its past, a new group called The Fellowship emerges to protect the Jedi's heritage. They're more than just keepers of history; they embody the Jedi Order's core values and traditions.

With a base on Lothal, a mystical planet connected to the Force, they work to preserve important Jedi sites. These places are not only historical but also sources of wisdom for understanding the Force. The Fellowship takes great care of ancient temples, relics, and archives, keeping them safe from harm and preserving the traditions and relics of the past for the future.

But their work isn't just about preservation. They're deeply connected to the Force, with members who have visions and prophecies that guide their actions. Understanding these prophecies is key to their mission.

The Fellowship offers a unique view of the Force. They balance remembering the Jedi's past teachings with adapting to the changing galaxy. Their presence on Lothal strengthens their role as protectors of the Jedi legacy. However, they face enemies who have a deep-seated fixation and focus on the past. This rising darkness must be stopped. The Fellowship must defend its beliefs and adapt to new challenges.

For an expansion on the Jedi Lord style of story, members of the Fellowship have installed themselves on a collection of allied planets to serve as their protectors, unifying various planets in the far reaches of Wild Space into a network called the Fellowship. These planets now stand together, committed to peace and safety under the guidance of the Fellowship.

Key Elements:

- Doomsday Prophecy: At the core of our adventure is a sinister prophecy foretelling a great darkness that endangers the entire galaxy. This prophecy sets the stage for our epic quest, driving the narrative and challenging players to confront an unknown, potentially catastrophic future.

- Fellowship of Jedi Lords: Players have the opportunity to join an elite assembly, the Fellowship of Jedi Lords, created by the Jedi to face the impending doom. As members of this Fellowship, players will actively work to counteract the threat, safeguarding not just the Jedi Order but also the Fellowship of planets under its protection. Their role is pivotal in uniting and defending the galaxy against the darkness.

- Traditional Values and Preservation: A key aspect of our campaign is the emphasis on traditional Jedi values and the preservation of their legacy. Players will engage with the rich history of the Jedi, exploring ancient sites, uncovering long-lost artifacts, and upholding the enduring principles of the Jedi Order.

Why Join Us?

• Be Part of an Epic Narrative: Engage in a story where your actions and decisions shape the future of the faction.
  • Explore Mysticism and Prophecies: Dive deep into the mystical aspects of the Force, interpreting visions and unraveling ancient prophecies.
  • Collaborative Gameplay: Work alongside like-minded players, each contributing to the unfolding saga.
  • Respect for Jedi Traditions: Our campaign honors the legacy of the Jedi, weaving traditional elements with innovative storytelling.

inner.png

Last edited:
NPC Storyteller
"Run for your lives, the Brotherhood are back!"

"No, it's ok, these Brotherhood are Jedi."

"But they're followers of an apocalyptic prophecy, just like the old Brotherhood!"

"Yeah, but they're trying to prevent the apocalypse, not cause it."

"So they're not the planet-destroying, mass-enslaving Brotherhood that killed trillions about thirty years ago?"

"No, they're not the Brotherhood of the Maw, they're just The Brotherhood."

"... why would they call themselves that, given the historical precedent?!"

(Best of luck with the faction!)​

Will this faction have a Jedi-led government similar to what the Silver Jedi were? How much Jedi Lord-ing are we talking about here?
This is an insightful question, and I appreciate the opportunity to clarify my vision. The concept we're exploring differs from the traditional 'Jedi Lords' approach. Our aim is to foster a play style deeply rooted in core Jedi values. Therefore, we're seeking players who are inclined towards a more traditionalist interpretation of Jedi principles.

Unlike the traditional 'Jedi Lords' depicted in the source material, who often resembled kings / warlords our concept is more akin to Jedi Watchmen.
Members will have the esteemed role of leading their own temples, with a primary focus of cooperating with local institutions to serve as the primary protectorate body against the hostile forces of the outer rim, with a secondary duty to maintain the tenants of the order.

"Run for your lives, the Brotherhood are back!"

"No, it's ok, these Brotherhood are Jedi."

"But they're followers of an apocalyptic prophecy, just like the old Brotherhood!"

"Yeah, but they're trying to prevent the apocalypse, not cause it."

"So they're not the planet-destroying, mass-enslaving Brotherhood that killed trillions about thirty years ago?"

"No, they're not the Brotherhood of the Maw, they're just The Brotherhood."

"... why would they call themselves that, given the historical precedent?!"

(Best of luck with the faction!)​

You've raised a valid point. Initially, 'The Brotherhood' was intended as a more secretive name for our group, aligning more closely with 'The Fellowship.' Reflecting on it, I realize the name might seem a bit ambiguous, but it's not too late for changes. Perhaps using 'The Fellowship' as both the title and the banner name would create clearer association and recognition. As a new writer, I wasn't aware of the old Brotherhood's association with a doomsday prophecy, so this insight is quite helpful. We're still in a flexible phase of development. Currently, we're conducting an experimental test to gauge interest in this campaign style. We've planned an initial campaign spanning a few months to see if this concept resonates with players and maintains their engagement for a fun and immersive experience.

Not to be prickish but I think someone did Jedi Watchmen in the last two years...though memory escapes me by whom.

My idea can be viewed as something kinda like a hybrid between the two but it's more its' own thing as I've outlined above. Was in voice chat talking with some other players and spit balling ideas and that one term came up as like similar to X.

I suppose we felt that Jedi Lords were a better representation of the concept because it leans more towards that vein of Jedi. The Jedi Watchmen are typically lone wanderers that assign themselves to defend a planet, while our idea is to be an official standing defense force in collaboration with local people. As it is a far more militarized example of this, we felt Lords were far more accurate. They still hold local influence, just not complete focused on complete rule.
I'm not going to worry too much about the minutiae and semantics of what we call our concept. I've shared my idea in the way I felt best represents it and have tried to clarify it for anyone interested. Right now, I'm more focused on seeing if others are interested in joining and participating in a collaborative and enjoyable story. This idea has already sparked interest among some players I've discussed it with, and I'm now looking to open the door for more players to join in.

I'm pleased to say we've received some encouraging responses so far, and I'm excited to move forward in the coming months to see how this initial campaign develops.

I was also going to mention earlier about the brotherhood as a name, but didn't want to sound salty if you liked it haha. But now you have changed it I can say that my mind immediately went to elder scrolls brotherhood when I saw the initial post.

Yennic would be interested in interaction if you are a fridge Jedi tradition as she has spent years studying Jedi history leading to her and her mentor founding their own fringe group on the exact opposite side of the galaxy

This sounds rather interesting, my character Envir Vadul Envir Vadul is currently trying to find his Jedi path in the Coruscant academy, due to his unclear/confused mindset I think it would make sense for him to gain interest in joining this newer group. His past master was quite mad and would go on a lot of prophecy tangents… Envir would definitely get reminded of his old master. Anyways it should be noted that my dear Envir is eventually going to have a corruption arc haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom