Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Factory

There's been zero incidents so far in the Factory, and everything's been quite civil. I'd like to keep it that way.

Please do not argue with the Roleplay Judge concerning submissions. You may ask another RJ to consult, and play the "mom and pop" scenario, that's fine. But don't argue. Not to poke their own ego, but the RJ's were appointed to be the role-playing authorities here at SWRP, so if they have a question about your submission, answer it, if they have a change they want you to make, change it.

Otherwise, it gets denied. Pretty clear cut, I'd say. Thanks for being great so far, guys! I just hope we keep it that way.

As this is a fictitious, alternative timeline, I doubt one COULD be proven wrong. It's the submitters job to provide the Role-play Judges all the information they need, be it from the Star Wars Wikia or other sources, to assure them that submission is viable. And even still, the Role-play Judge can make a judgement against a canon item or provided resource if they don't feel "right" about it. Again, alternative, fictitious timeline.

It should never escalate to an argument. The Role-play Judges are providing a very valuable service out of their own time. Please show them respect for doing so, as I do.

My respect for them has never dropped. I am a bit troubled by this "feeling right" thingy. Alternative, Fictitious timeline, it's still Star Wars. The thing is that when reasons behind certain judgements are obviously laughable why not oppose the judgement. I don't think just "feeling right" about it is a valid enough reason. That's my opinion, Tef but I am sure others would support it either.

Zef Halo said:
The thing is that when reasons behind certain judgements are obviously laughable why not oppose the judgement. I don't think just "feeling right" about it is a valid enough reason.
You're right. That's your opinion. And the RP Judges have their's. And then you have me saying "Don't argue." And I'm all about transparency - I'm telling the RP judges not to argue, as well. It wastes time, and gets nowhere. Support your claim, make your opposition, sure - but this is all for the RP Judge to review. When he/she makes his/her decision, you don't argue with it. They don't argue with it. If arguing happens, myself or an Admin steps in. The RP Judges review, the Admins handle disputes. This is the way the board works in most occasions.

"But I think I'm talking to an RP Judge who I think is dumb, has a God complex, or hates me."

Okay. This is when checks and balances come into play. If you think you're the victim of a Role-play Judge, I'm not leaving you hanging dry to be abused by an RP Judge's "wrong call", in the submitter's opinion - they do make mistakes, they're human too. If you think an RP Judge made the wrong call, consult another one privately. There's five, so far. This is your protection.

You have another layer of protection as a member/submitter. Consult an Admin if you've consulted another RP Judge and he/she is doing the same. We'll investigate it, yes, and speak to the Role-play Judges. If we find that the Role-play Judge made an un-biased judgement on your submission, we'll shoot you a PM with an answer to your questions. This is the final stage. If we shoot you down, accept it, move on.

Again, the Factory has remained civil so far, and if you follow the above, it'll remain so. Getting your submission approved isn't a right you here possess at SWRP - it's a privilege.

Thanks for informing me, Tef. I will consult with other RJ's in such matters. I am against argueing too, obviously. I did not voice an opinion as much as I did state facts from the Star wars galaxy that oppose that judgement. We may be an alternative, fictious Star Wars RP forum but we are still Star Wars. I am not saying hey let's approve Sun Crushers and Death Stars cause they exist in Star Wars. I don't want to accuse anyone of bias or something but I found it odd that 99% of Isley's ( Republic) creations had some demands on it to change, some demands I found odd, especially on the one I intervened with. Anyways, Tef, you supported "the barge in topics" so I thought it'd not do harm. I had PMed Ayden on another case, a capital ship by Kaine, simply stating helpful information. No acknowledgement. So yeah this time I decided to barge in.

Flint Pherson

F
I'd like to point out that none of Isley's Republic Submissions to the Factory have received a Discussion Thread in the Republic Faction Forums to get feedback. He just posts up what he thinks would be best for his Republic Faction and the membership all just have to like it. However, I also know that he is very open and approving to these discussions when you approach him about having them. And that he is more than willing to compromise to met the needs of the community. So, I for one and glad that there is at least some communication and evaluation going on. It might not be a pretty or a perfect process, but I've sure learned a great deal from the feedback I've been given in the Factory. It has been a wonderful opportunity for learning, teamwork, and putting the community first.

So my feedback about Isley and Ayden in the Factory would be completely positive. They know their stuff. And they have always been willing to take the time to try and teach me how that stuff works. Even if that stuff makes no sense to me. Haha. :D

I too love the factory :) It is a great addition to the site I wish that others possessed in this way.

(Also just a note: I REALLY like making aliens and I wanted to make another one but I'm pretty sure then we would be getting into the "on a whim" category which isn't good, lol. Well, what the heck? Is it okay if I wanted to make another? Well obviously it is okay, but do you think it is wise to? I had a thought earlier were I would lead the development of a "community species," where i put up the application form and everyone who wants to help contributes there thoughts to create one really cool alien that multiple people would want to use and RP. Sorry, lol, I'm yammering and tired.)

Be advised: there is a new section added to the Technology template under Production. Please fill this out to the best of your ability when making submissions.

Intent: [Describe the plan for this technology. NOTE: This section alone can have your technology dismissed. Technology created on a whim or for purposes to undermine the integrity of Star Wars will not be approved.]

Ohh, I have an idea that I hope benefits the site! What if in the factory you could create Force powers? I would envision them as having a name (obviously), a discoverer/inventor/innovator/founder/whatever, a required mastery difficulty, a very thorough description, perhaps two strengths maximum, and a set of weaknesses (perhaps three?), and perhaps an alignment requirement (i.e., darkside only, lightside only, universal). Or could something like this be described in one's own profile without admin approval?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jhar'vokh said:
Ohh, I have an idea that I hope benefits the site! What if in the factory you could create Force powers?
Super easy to abuse. Super easy to God mode. Very hard to counter. Infinite in scope. Wookieepedia is already a living dictionary of Force Powers. I really don't want another one. :(

But as long as the admin's are looking them over that shouldn't matter too much right? After all if they don't like it it never gets used.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
It just sounds like more work for me and more work for the RPJs. But I'll let the Staff respond at their discretion. I just don't want the Factory to end up looking like a D&D Wiki. 10,000 Class, 10,000 Powers, 10,000 rules to balance other rules upon even more rules, etc. :D

Yeah, I know what you are saying. But I'm sure the Admins are smarticles enough to set up rules so that a person can say... only have one power per account or something to that extent? You wouldn't need a list however, being as that would be right in the Factory :p

I don't know, whatever happens is up to the Admin's to discuss. Just throwing out a suggestion.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jhar'vokh said:
....But I'm sure the Admins are smarticles enough to set up rules so...
Again. Infinite in scope. More rules. More work. More reading. More approving. More lists. And less time spent RP'ing.

I like my creative writing kept 'inside' my threads. Not in the OOC sections with bullet points and stamp marks next to it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom