Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eyes of the Galaxy | SJO Invasion of the UCM's Azure Hex

Objective: Safeguard Veiere Arenais, Evacuate the Civilians
Opposition: The United Clans of Mandalore
Allies: The Order of the Silver Jedi

The Keshiri Master simply bowed her head at Veiere's instruction to evacuate the civilians. His thoughts were elsewhere and he did not need words to know Lucera would do what was necessary.

Her glowing eyes scanned the crowd surrounding the platform for a moment. Unfortunate she had not foreseen such a crowd; perhaps she would have the other ship already en route. Unlikely, however, given the obvious questions raised when the two of them were originally scheduled to descend in the field of battle. Well, as the Force Willed it.

With a press of a button just inside the hatch, Lucera contacted the pilot, "This is Master Maive. Please request an additional transport for immediate civilian evacuation from this location. I will begin boarding civilians on this craft shortly." They would need to inform the capital ships above of their return as well; covering their return would be vital.

Intent given to the crew so they didn't believe the crowd had suddenly stormed the ship, Lucera turned back to the crowd with a smile. "I am Lucera Maive of the Jedi Silver Order. While hostilities continue, I invite you to board this vessel to be taken to a safer location. A second vessel will be on its way to evacuate the rest. Once the fighting has concluded we will assist in returning you to your homes, or to a safe location until further arrangements can be made. You will not be harmed, and any injured or sick among you will be treated by medical personnel."

The unease in the crowd the moment she'd stepped outside had been palpable. Perhaps in their eyes the Silver Order were invaders -- people disrupting their otherwise normal lives with established routines and expectations. They might even believe the Jedi to be a threat to life or limb. Sadly, even the Jedi could fall victim to good intentions. Lucera only hoped she could overcome their concerns or doubts about the Jedi enough they would allow themselves to be evacuated. Of course they could remain, but there were no assurances another vessel would come or that the fighting would not find them here.

Tag: [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Kay Arenais"]​

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Allies: UCM and their allies
Enemies: All aggressors

Disappointment. That was all that Kay felt from [member="Veiere Arenais"] before his voice entered her mind. He expected her guards to be with her and he was right. There were two of them. Exiting her little guest house from around the back. However her husband's request was not one that was going to be so easily met. ~Veiere...you weren't supposed to be here either. I wasn't planning on being here for long.~ That was entirely true. One more standard day was all that was planned.

Kay felt his apprehension over the situation and she felt it too. Just as he felt heavy, so did she. Her pace came to a stop as she saw him approach, on the second level, no less. There was little doubt that he'd recognize her armour. It was a set that he himself had built. He knew what advantages it held. And the disadvantages.

She kept the helmet tucked under her arm, while her guards stopped a dozen steps behind her. They knew who Veiere was, so they gave the two appropriate space. "There are no soldiers here, no Mandalorian warriors. They are just scientists and engineers. And yes a couple of bartenders, but they don't deserve to be punished for something that they had no involvement in. We were just waiting for rescue since we saw the fighting break out high above us..." As far as she knew, they were all to be prisoners of war. Isn't that how it went with civilians in conflict? In her experience against the Sith it was.

The civilians looked to eachother briefly while [member="Lucera Maive"] spoke to them about taking them to safety. Of course they weren't entirely trusting, but she wasn't being aggressive to them. Nor was she forcing her weapons on them.

One of them stepped forward. He was one of the lead engineers named Pyck. "There are no injured or sick here. You've been the only ones to arrive since the fighting started. Are you taking us as prisoners now? Or as hostages?" Neither of them wanted that to happen.

Allies: SJO + Allies
Enemies: UCM +Allies (Feelin' cute may engage [member="Kyrel Ren"])
Objective: Link up with [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Romi Jade"], clear the way and help establish foothold

I'd touched down on the beach and now my HK Shadow units were on the move. I almost felt sorry for the Mandos... Almost. Reaching down to my left thigh I pulled free my compact Verpine rifle, ejecting the mag I slapped it against my thigh and slapped it back into the rifle before racking a round. First round was a three stage round, acid, incendiary then explosive. I sensed.... Anger, murderous single-minded hatred against the Jedi. Mixed with....amusement. The feeling of someone who enjoyed the hunt.... Dar'jetiise. There was someone who was disguising themselves. I couldn't explain it other than to say as a hunter myself I knew how I'd hunt Jedi. Either from a distance with a Verpine rifle. Or up close and personal with a weapon that mocked my opponent and rubbed salt in a wound.

"M'lady, Mando trash in sight. My photoreceptors detect Verpine rifles. Very effective weapons for being designed by insectoid meatbags.... Permission to rip off the limbs of the meatbags with rifles m'lady?" I thought momentarily. "Granted, though simply cut their throats. I want them eliminated quietly. Take any weaponry they have and use it against their forces. Sabotage of anything other than civilian transports is acceptable, if they try boarding with the refugees and have weapons on them. Terminate them immediately. Civilians leave, the Mandalorians die on Azure, bring me a piece of each Mandalorians' armor you execute. I want to forge a blade from their armor. It's time the Mandalorians had a weapon forged against them from the ashes of their dead."

There was a pause and then... "Aye m'lady we concur... you have a very....dark sense of justice...though we are curious as to how you know the forging techniques of Mandalorians...." Smiling I said "I was trained by a Dar'manda before I became a Jedi. Her teachings included forging my own armor." I continued my run towards the Jedi forces on the beach. As much as I knew my helm would protect me I shouldered my rifle and popped the seal to my helm. Clipping it to my belt I shook out my long, platinum blonde hair. Letting my eyes adjust I opened my Aelfin ears and allowed sound to filter in with no interference from a helm. Looking through my rifles' scope I began scanning and saw A jedi down the beach be winged by high intensity blaster bolt. Taking a prone position I scoped in... Seeing more bolts flare against a shield of some type I cloaked myself in The Force and spoke into my wrist comm. "HK shadow unit 2, Mark my position and then follow the line of my rifle I want an impressive amount of supressive fire on the place I fire. In 3...2...1. Mark." Squeezing the trigger I sent a round downrange towards where the blaster bolts were harassing the Jedi from.

I breathed out after the shot and watched as a grenade was fired, then a barrage of blaster bolts in impressive three to five round bursts, coming from different places. Smiling I rolled to the right and continued towards the flames from the AA and artillery emplacements I'd utterly trashed earlier. Odds were I'd run into someone who appreciated my methods and work...

AX-0021

A
Private AX-0021
Post 4
Equipment: MandalArms FZ.14 Mandalorian War Armor w/ “Slick” Anti-Acid Coating, MandalArms Annihilator, Shock Mace, F-11E Blaster Rifle w/ Disguised Frame/Appearance and Diagonal Foregrip, 2 G-20 Glop Grenades, 1 CryoBan Grenade
Allies: [member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Nicair Claden"] [member="Laandur Solus"], UCM and TSE
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] (Engaging) [member="Celiana"] (Engaging) [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lucera Maive"] [member="Romi Jade"] (Engaging) [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Jerek Morrows"], SJO and Allied Forces

Utilizing the repulsor pack at the back of her armor, AX-0021 immediately forced herself over the small railing she had been utilizing as obstruction. Then, she launched her armored form in the direction of the two gas grenades her master had fired at the group. She had previously identified only a few targets that needed to feel their effects, and those were the Jedi. However, via her armor’s environmental sensors and her own eyes she saw how the gas was actually being pushed away from the pair of Jedi ([member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Romi Jade"]) on the beach.

She couldn’t let that happen.

Intending to execute an ultra-aggressive maneuver, AX-0021 placed her rifle on her back flew until she was within ten meters of the two Jedi ([member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Romi Jade"]), having managed to cover the thirty meters between her previous position and her new position in just over two-and-a-half seconds. As she flew, she cooked a CryoBan grenade in her right palm for two seconds. Immediately after processing the data of her armor’s environmental sensors and getting within ten meters of the two Jedi, she quickly positioned herself behind where the gas was the most dense, then she extended her left arm to fire a concentrated shockwave of invisible energy similar in manner to a Force Push from her repulsor gauntlet at full power. The primary objective of the maneuver was to direct the ForceBreaking gas back to the two Jedi, which was made especially easy to accomplish since they were standing almost right next to each other. However, at that range, it was likely that the two Jedi would be caught within the shockwave as well. As she fired the weaponized shockwave from her left gauntlet from her vantage point three meters above the ground, she tossed a single CryoBan grenade four meters behind the pair of Jedi, which was where she anticipated that the shockwave would throw them. She had roughly timed the grenade detonate after the wave of repulsor energy would presumably impact them.

Fortunately, by the time the barrage of blaster and slugthrower fire impacted her previous position, AX-0021 had already relocated thirty meters away to perform the aggressive maneuver on the two Jedi.

Jihun Kim

J
Allies: UCM and friends
​Opposition: Everyone shooting and stabbing UCM
Objective: Disrupt Jedi FOB building operations, assist with evacuations.
With: [member="Fiore de Noir"], [member="Vanessa Vantai"]
Directly Engaging: N/A (Open to interaction)

Ever since he had acquired Whisp, he became an excellent reader of people. It had come in handy in dealing with all the shifty characters that ran around in the Underworld, or just parsing through the BS of his own crew sometimes. With Fiore, he got none of that. By a series of unfortunate events, she was invisible to Force Sensitives like she didn't even exist.

Force Dead, they called it.

Creepy stuff to Cardinam, even if he was now running around with a Witch's charm tattooed on his chest. He couldn't yet tell if she was really as bubbly as she appeared on the surface, or if it was all an act. In any case, the amalgam had her uses, like right now.

“I did a few jobs with the Silvers, and so I know they like to lead from the front. This presents us with a prime opportunity to throw their entire command structure into disarray.”

He passed along a small holoprojector. Upon activation, it would display photos and small descriptions of every known member of the Silver Assembly, ranking Jedi Commanders, and prominent senior Ranger officers.

A hit list.

“We're all going down there to tag Jedi, but these targets take priority for you if encountered in the field. There's special equipment down in the armory if you need it.”

Orders transmitted, he stepped out of her path so she could leave the lounge and join the others. Faced with the table again, he looked over the lines of half finished trays. Another dance of death was fast approaching. He took a moment to enjoy one last guilty pleasure, stabbing a clean fork into an uneaten square of lasgna.

He took a bite, then nodded in approval.

Obra-Skai hadn't been a complete bust after all.

----------------------​

The Hellcat rendezvoused with the Apollyon at a designated staging area, then together made a coordinated micro-jump into the Azure system, aiming to slip underneath the protective aegis of the planet's orbital defenses upon reversion.

In system, friendly comms were abuzz with chatter as one of the Mandalorian Dreadnoughts had just appeared...likely against orders. Responses varied from cries of elation, startled confusion, and much cursing. Large scale naval operations weren't his forte, but personally he'd never say no more hardware in a fight.

At the end of the day, the mercenary wasn't footing the bill anyway.

Mando battlestations and fighters keepin' the Silvers off our butts in orbit,” Jesse reported from the helm. “Going in!”

Hellcat pitched and then blazed for the lone island micro-state on surface, with Apollyon right behind. Upon breaking into the atmosphere it became a lightshow around the Blastboat as its computer guided turrets and ion launchers came alive, cleaving a path through enemy fighters that dare challenge its descent.

Apollyon was no slouch either, the troopship possessing potent point defenses and heavy shielding and armor. Its bay doors slid open, flights of remotely guided Basalisk Wardroids began popping out and creating screens as another layer of defense. It was a tough bird, originally conceived for Mandalorians to take daring landing actions in the midst of battle.

“It's thicker than flies on poodoo, but we punched through!”

Cardinam nodded, then switched off internal comms to address their allies on the surface over encrypted channels.

“This is Colonel Khim of the CSD. We have successfully entered the airspace and now begin interdiction operations with Admiral Vantai.”

Right on cue, more droids began to pour out of the bay of the Apollyon. This time, they were squadrons of air battle droids diving head first for SJO landing sites. Survival wasn't expected for them, but that was the point; they were a disposable asset to throw the Silvers off balance while heavy units were being deployed.

“Once the Apollyon is in position, it can accept evacuees and deploy shuttles if coordinates are given.”

The bay doors of the Hellcat opened and Cardinam turned to address his team.

“Alright Brimstone, now it's our turn. Let the clunkers take care of the grunts. We're here for the Jedi.”

Everyone was properly armed for the job, using various weapons like sonic blasters, particle rifles, and mass drivers. Cardinam himself sported his usual loadout, but there was now a long phrik bayonet attached to his assault ripper.

“Stay together, or you will die. Jedi are no joke.”

With that he waited until the Hellcat leveled off and then he jumped.

Another dance had begun.

((Feel free to take out incoming droid NPCs as flavor kills.))

UCM: [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Fiore de Noir"], [member="Immortal Cyan"], [member="AX-0021"], [member="Laandur Solus"], [member="Azure Djitred"], [member="Cynthia Solus"]

SJO: [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Seth Brackson"], [member="Ador Horn"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Mishel Kryze"], [member="Celiana"], [member="Tracyn Ordo"], [member="Nida Perl"]

Objective: Evacuate civilians, find Lailya's father
Allies: UCM+friends
Enemies: SJO
Tags: [member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Azure was not fluent on Mando'a, not in the slightest, but she understood the basics of what the Jetii next to her was trying to tell her. She did not look away from the destruction being done in front of her. The buildings slowly collapsing. The explosions going off in the distance. The screams of the dying would haunt her ears, just as the cries of the Echani have for years. This Jetii spoke as though he knew. Azure tensed in the saddle, causing Lailya to squeeze her hand.

Azure squeezed back before she began to speak.

"We are hated as a whole for the actions of a few. I am not ignorant of where the Clans stand in the eyes of the rest of the galaxy. They do not understand who we are. You do not understand who we are, not anymore. From the soldiers reactions to you, you are Dar'manda. Lost. The Jetii and those like them would like to paint all of us as villains, murderers, destroyers.

They are wrong. We are healers. Farmers. Caretakers. We are all of these things, and also warriors. Warriors, because we have to be. Warriors, because the Galaxy would have us be like caged Rancors. Have you ever seen a Rancor caged? They are angry. Spiteful. And they want freedom. Freedom to be who they are, without judgement. Those few Mandalorians whom the galaxy uses to deface the rest of us? I know them and their kind. Kaine Australis comes to mind first, of course. I do not like the man, he nearly killed me during the battle of Eshan... I have forgiven him for it. Two wrongs do not make right. An eye for an eye will cause the galaxy to destroy itself.

War is not the only path here." Azure did not look down to see Tracyn's reaction to her words. Whether he listened or not was not for her to decide, and she knew she would not be able to force him to see what he did not want to see, but that didn't mean she could not make her voice heard. By now, they had neared the closest shelter to the spaceport, and the doors had already been shut. How many innocent civilians were inside it?

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
cH6E5qu.jpg

Allies: UCM, [member="Darth Carnifex"], [member="Joycelyn Zambrano"]
Enemies: [member="Romi Jade"] (Eventually), [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Cotan Sar'andor"], [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Ador Horn"]. [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Jerek Morrows"]

Darkness.

Everything on the island died as buildings crumbled, grass and greenery was stripped away to leave a barren, blighted rock behind. All around the gaping maw to the ether, symbols glowed and a vortex of pure madness began to surge. A conduit, a flow of power that came from all around everything that died, the final moments and emotion of the raging fight around the Shadow Hand became pure energy. A dark incantation, a black speech flowed from his lips that could cause ones very ears to bleed from hearing its utterance.

Mandalorians.

Where was Mand'alor? Where was their leader when the hounds showed up at the gates ready to consume all in their path? Not at Tanaab, Obroa Skai, or Bogden, not at Azure. But the Sith Empire readily took the field the Sith Emperor himself fighting for Mandalorian interests, interests that so readily collapsed around them. What did it say about them? Complacency breeds contempt. They asked for more, they wanted more. So he would give them more. They wanted victory at any cost, no matter how steep? He could give them that. Destruction on such a massive scale, the immense power of the Destroyer unleashed in one, terrifying.

Boom.

As the ritual reached its apex a massive surge of power came in the form of a great, thundering crash. It was a great, vast, explosion, a storm of dark side energy covering the main island containing the start port. It's wrath terrible, it's fury swift. Those ships unfortunate enough to get caught in the blast of the dark side storm were obliterated, as burning, scorched hulks. The fury of the dark side came crashing down upon the forces of the Silver Jedi and their allies.

Cynthia Solus said:
XUcW6ad.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0gJpZUF1Y[/media]

Main tag: [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]
Gear: Beskar'gam, SABR Hécate, SABR Hœnir, D-13 SMG, Glop Rounds, x5 Glop Grenades, x2 Class A Thermal Det

There was no impact from what she gathered and to follow it up a fellow mandalorian was now trapped in the glop. "Fething magic users." As she went to cock the rifle once more her arms felt stiff and so did the rest of her body as it began to lift up. At speed she watched as the ground below her moved rapidly. "What's happening?" Ca asked with a worried tone. "Close combat thats whats happening." She said wanting to reach for her weapon ready to defend herself. Not even ca would be able to move the armor. In what seemed a long moment but actually short Cynthia found herself crashing to the floor. She stood up to look at the familiar face of [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] who towered over her. "Vaabir not Jor'chaajir ner Aliit monsters, Aliit ori'shya tal'din bal ni kelir aranar ner adate." She said in mandoa, and her voice carried the weight of the words she spoke with strength and determination. "I cannot defend what some of the clans have done and even some acts make me sick to my stomach, but your people come into our territory- demanding we leave. That's not how it works. It has never worked like that."

"As much as I would like to not fight today, I can't stand by and watch my vod die by jetiise hands." Unlike many of her bothers and sisters Cynthia didn't feel the need to use void stones or Ysalamiri, natural skill was more than enough. "Oh and for your information, I was using non lethal rounds." As she said that Cynthia quickly cocked the gun loading another glop round into the barrel and immediately fired at the ground by Josh's foot causing the round to explode with adhesive gel that rapidly hardened. At the same time she'd lean back allowing the jetpack to roar to gain about fourteen meters away from the jetiise. Once both feet was on the ground there was no gap in any movements as she slid the long rifle into its holster on her back and exchanged it for Hœnir ready. "If you charge at me Dragonflame you will feel the fury of my fire, and I will not back down."

"Ca, I will need you for this, you think faster so if you see an opportunity, this is my authorisation to take over."
"I will. I'm not going to see you die today."
"And you know what to do if I die right."
There was a pause that lasted a second as Ca came to the realisation of the weight of the answer she had to give. "Yes. Detonate the thermals."

Translation
[1] Do not call my family monsters, family is more than blood and I shall defend my people.
Objective: Land on Azure, Establish FOB
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Seth Brackson"], [member="Ador Horn"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Tracyn Ordo"]
Enemies: Monsters
Opponent: [member="Cynthia Solus"]

Her attack didn't surprise him at all. He had leaped back when she fired down at his foot, thinking it for an attempt to cripple him. He had inadvertently avoided some kind of sticky substance, it seemed. Acting quickly, he activated Force Flight as he began to hover in the air.

"Family doesn't do what these monsters are doing" He spoke coldly, staring into her as if he could see past her helmet. "And you say that what they're doing makes you sick, yet you enable it, you aid it. What does that make you? Do you enjoy sullying the name of our people by aiding that monster Yasha and her puppets? Did you enjoy seeing what they did on Eshan? Your presence here says as such."

He knew he had to focus on the fight but once he had gained some distance, something caught his attention.

A child, caught in the crossfire.

Josh couldn’t help it, he had to do something. But he knew as is, if he led that Mando there it would risk the child further. That was something he couldn't do. But something caught his eye -- the presence of [member="Tracyn Ordo"] heading their way. Using what little time he had before the battle resumed, Josh held out a hand as blaster bolts were deflected away from the child again and again, though Josh knew he was running out of time. He called down at the top of his lungs desperately, knowing there was little much else he could do.

"TRACYN, HURRY!"

The minute Tracyn grabbed the child, he knew they were in good hands. Tracyn may be a Mandalorian himself, and he had his issues in the past... But he trusted Tracyn. He knew Tracyn was a good man. So he was content to turn and hold out a hand to stop Cynthia should she have fired in that time. He didn't trust her or any of these monsters to not attack when his attention was diverted, no matter the reason.

... But the attack that came next stopped everything.

"... You're kidding me."

The explosions were one thing, but what he saw coming down below, and the screams on the surface that followed, shook him to his core.

"... Bastards."

They were going to turn their own planet into a glass floor. He looked to Cynthia, then. He knew what he needed to do. What he'd seen [member="Tracyn Ordo"] doing earlier had inspired him.

"Congratulations. Your puppetmasters don't care if you or the people here live or die" He sassed flatly. "Get out of here, if not for your own humanity, than at least if you value your life. Try to stop me and I will kill you before your leaders do."

With that, he began to levitate upwards, taking out his comm.

"Forces on the surface, this is Master Dragonsflame" He called out to them. "If you can escape combat, you need to take what civilians you can and either get them to shelter, or onto a ship that can get out of here. Let me handle this."

With that, he let out a deep exhale. He knew that whatever he was able to do had a very likely risk of killing him. He lowered his head, then. He spoke a few words into the comm and left it at that.

"Jason... Ra... If I don't get out of this... I love you. And I am so sorry."

With that, he began to project every bit of energy he had into what was to come. A barrier began to form above the starport as he sought to shield the area in the protecting light of the Force. As the meteor-like projectiles hit the barrier, they disappeared... But the strain of holding a barrier this strong was taking it's toll on him quickly. The Jedi Master winced and grunted with every bit of strain it was taking to hold, but he was too damn stubborn to quit. He projected everything he had. The love he had for what he did, for helping people, for protecting his family... All of that became power in that moment. Every emotion, every feeling, every inch of who he was and what he did, was being exerted into shielding the area from the firestorm above.

He just had to buy time. Even if it destroyed him.

[member="Riamah"]

OaQJleb0BKAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
Enemies: UCM l [member="Kaine Australis"]
Allies: SJO l Task Force Raider l [member="Amon Vizsla"] l [member="Bushi Nadora"] l [member="Mariel Dawnrider"] l [member="Kat Decoria"] l [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

https://soundcloud.com/chronoclasm/star-wars-knights-of-the-old​
"I, state your name-"
"I, Setter Koran Ryburn."
"Swear to uphold the values of the Republic."
"Swear to uphold the values of the Republic."
"I, will defend, until death or capture, my comrades."
"I will defend until death or capture, my comrades."
"I will place my comrades life above mine when the time comes."

"I will place my comrades life above mine when the time comes."

"I pledge loyalty to the Republic, and all it's citizens. I am entrusted with their safety, and they entrust me to keep them safe."

"I pledge loyalty to the Republic and all it's citizens. I am entrusted with their safety, and they entrust me to keep them safe."

Setter looked at Kaiden Rohn, Commander of his at the time. Kaiden gave him a nod, and a thumbs up behind the Colonel that made them recite the Oath.

"For the Republic."

"For the Republic."

Here he was again, a losing fight. A losing fight against a numerically superior enemy. He dumped the magazines of the shotguns at them, throwing it aside when he slaughtered a great number of them. But they were in a losing fight. They needed to get out of here. But they didn't have the time. The ship was rocking violently with each blast from the friendly ships. Friendly ships had no comms with them- they assumed they were dead.​
Far from it.​
He looked back, taking stock. The Raiders, Amon, the Jedi. Fighting valiantly. Fighting like soldiers should. Like a Raider should. He crouched, pulling off the RS16 from his chest. He dumped two magazines at the incoming Mandalorians, killing at least six. But yet, they came. These were bigger. More aggressive. He placed a hand on the kid's shoulder, pointing to a ventilation and maintenance corridor that became apparent to Setter too late into the engagement. But what they would was time, time that they didn't have in their current situation. Time that needed to be bought.​
He recalled reading the report on Kaiden Rohn. No hesitation, no speech. Just like he always taught them. He looked down at Amon, pointing to the vent and shoving the rifle into the kid's chest. Behind his visor, Setter looked determined. No fear. This was a job. Something to do, something that had to get done. This was the burden of leadership, of a soldier.​
That sometimes-​
Sometimes you didn't win. But you could lose better.​
He didn't need the battle meditation. He was in his right god damn mind when he spoke.​
"Get back to the support squad and rendezvous with the additional teams coming in. I want this ship out of commission. Go."
He let the rifle slip from his hands and into the kid's chest. He would need it more than him. He dropped the webbing that held his ammo, and turned to the Jedi, pointing to Amon, indicating that he was now in charge of the operation. After all, he co-founded Task Force Raider. The succession of command was absolute. But the kid was still that- a kid. A well trained, well groomed killing machine with more professionalism than most of the men he met. Setter turned and picked up one of the rifles dropped by the dead Togorian Raiders. As he walked forward in the lull of fighting through the smoke and haze, he crouched and looked over at Amon.​
"I'm proud of you."
He turned back to the threats ahead, and charged. He never screamed, he never said anything. He just did his duty. Setter disappeared into the smoke, the sounds of confused Mandalorians and the threats of death. But still, fighting. Setter lived on, Setter was fighting. Setter was buying them time. Soon enough, Setter was standing face-to-face with the vibroaxe wielding company of Mandalorians that had been brought onboard. They were coming, and they themselves had cut through their own men to get to them. Setter, if anything, could admire their tenacity. Bleeding internally and with a slightly cracked helmet from the intense fighting, Setter removed his vibroknife from the small of his back, along with the Ranger knife. It was him, and the entire company of Mandalorian marauders. He knew he was going to die here. He knew that this was the end.​
But damn it all- if he didn't die on his feet and fighting.​
He gripped his knives tightly, feeling the suit power up just beyond the flightsuit. He grit his teeth, digging his feet into the ground. He was not to be moved. The Mandalorians would have to move him. And they were going to need more than a few vibroaxes. But they had enough- but damn it if he wasn't going to live up to his own words. He was going to make them bleed.​
He was going to make them suffer. Just like he knew how to do. Delay the enemy. Delay their advance. Save the Raiders. Save the dream. Save what he could. Do what he couldn't do for the Republic. Do what he couldn't at Coruscant. He was here now. So were they. Just like the bridge. No ammo. No backup. Just him. But this time- this time he wasn't going to run away. No, they were going to have to take his life to make him stop here.​
And no easy task that would be, even for the Mandalorians.​
S1X12BO.png

Equipment:

x6 Thermal Detonators

x1 Vibroknife (Located on right forearm)

http://starwarsrp.ne...oc-raider-suit/Raider Suit

x2 http://starwarsrp.ne...s-combat-knife/(Upper left tricep and on belt)

http://starwarsrp.ne...r/#entry1701525

Three Drums For Weapon (83 Shells)

http://starwarsrp.ne...-rifle/?hl=rs16

10 Magazines for Weapon (30-Round Magazines)

http://starwarsrp.ne...angers-grapple/(Left wrist)

Allies: UCM, TSE, and allies.
Enemies: SJO and allies. [member="Cotan Sar'andor"]
ddcfszy-329eeffd-ecc8-4ca8-8ae1-6cf3dbe5c37e.png

Cotan Sar’andor

Oh she knew the name well enough now that it was said, though she had never seen him in the flesh before. Joycelyn looked out of the corner of her eye at the ensign who had given her the notice, her glare practically shooting daggers. Joycelyn’s left hand, which rested on the waveskimmer, clenched down on the metal hard enough to make a minor dent. Zaudraka screamed in the back of her mind, crying for blood, for murder. It took all her self-control not to jump into the water and pull this trash-monger with her.

Why should I agree to such terms when I hold the cards?

The ensign eagerly took the cue to arm the waveskimmer’s guns, making them swivel in the direction of Cotan, but they did not fire yet.

No, my troops will not leave the field.

A boom in the distance called her attention, as bombing raids attacked her missile launchers. Missiles were fired in return and a swarm of SI-TIEs left the Dogged Hand to chase the bombers and engage the Jedi in the air. She remained confident in her posture. Battle commenced; the deep breath had been taken and both sides had leapt into the battle, breaching the fragile silence of beautiful Azure.

But if you defeat me, they may let you leave my sight to die another day.

Joycelyn removed her left hand from the frame of the waveskimmer and placed it on the hilt of her sword. The hand resting on the pommel slipped down to the scabbard as she started to release the blade from its shelter.

And when I celebrate my victory here, I will wear your skin as a shawl.” It was hard to tell if she was serious about that element.

As Zaudraka came loose and fell into the usual, two handed grip, she felt the power of the Sithsword surge through her nervous system. The dark side lit up the yellow of her eyes with bloodlust as flames licked the edge of the blade.

She pointed the blade down at Cotan, then raised it up to rest on her shoulder, tip pointing away from him. Her feet parted and knees bent as she solidified her stance.

Her armour was not her heaviest of her arsenal, as she preferred not to be dragged down under the waves by the weight of the Imperator’s Raiment. While it left her arms fairly unprotected, her most vital organs were protected. Her waveskimmer gave her the advantage of starting at a higher ground, but she knew Cotan was a tricky opponent.

If not, he would not have been worth her time.

Any other lowly soldier or Jedi would have been a waste of her time, but this was a Marshal of the Outer Rim Coalition. This man had fought her father and lived, on more than one occasion to boot. This was both a matter of familial pride and a way for her to prove her mettle.

Far away, the horizon darkened with sith magicks. A storm had been conjured, but the Princess of Dromund Kaas and her opponent, the Marshal, were still far away from its epicentre.

Allies: Himself | UCM for now.
Engaging: [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Objective: The usual.

The sudden ignition of the saber missed his head.

Only by a hair though.

Instead it burned against his shoulder. Armor thicker there, but it heated up all the same. It wouldn't be long before his skin would start boiling there too. It all hurt. All across his body. His hand pulsing as skin tried to knit itself together again. Wasn't as effective as before. Shards of the armor-weave had melted straight into his boiling skin. There was no room to push that out, not with the rest of his armor there, so instead his skin tried to knit itself around it.

All the problems that came with that.

Ronan growled. His axe came from the side, slashing towards the arm holding her saber. Dashing it away from his shoulder. She was already falling and there Vizsla moved to kick her in the gut as she fell.

Her own momentum- his- beskar boots... it wouldn't be great.

Before the Mandalorian could do it again? Something shifted. It was a silence, manifested in his head, born from instincts that had moved him from battlefield to battlefield. Something primal. Like hair that raises up on your skin. Vizsla took two steps back. The explosion that rocked through the corridors took him off his feet regardless.

Only lucky part was that her mad lightsaber slash went wide too.

Her two friends had finally managed to start sabotaging the ship.

rvw2aM.png
Opposition: The United Clans of Mandalore.
Dancing Partner: [member="Kay Arenais"].
Allies: [member="Lucera Maive"] & The Silver Jedi.
Er6tw3E.png
"We were just waiting for rescue since we saw the fighting break out high above us...".
'Blast it all' Veiere thought. How much of his family was this war going to take from him. He was relieved to find that [member="Kay Arenais"] wasn't about to put up a fight, let alone there being any presence of guards or Mandalorian Escorts, yet the situation was growing more dire by the moment and Veiere was having to decide between his duty and his love of Kay herself. Tensions were already at an all-time high within House Arenais, their children about ready to abandon their parents for these squabbles over politics, things they didn't completely understand as they hadn't lived the same life as their folks.

"Hurry it up then" Veiere replied, waving Kay and those around her on to follow with him as he turned his back to her and began to retreat back down the stairs; "There's only one other with me and you can all get clear of the fighting, looking like the rest of the civilians we're evacuating from here". He didn't like it, but he liked the thought of arresting or fighting with his wife a whole hell of a lot less. "You were never on Azure" he told her, his voice firm and unrelenting; there couldn't be any trace of her presence left here for the sake of his position within the Assembly, as well as his word he had given to the Confederacy upon the eve of their conference and declaration of war.

He didn't wait for any sort of answer, he wasn't even sure he'd want to hear it if Kay were to give him one. Instead Veiere focused upon returning to the main floor, expecting Kay and her people to follow and eventually get caught up in with the rest of the crowd in order to get clear of the fighting. [member="Lucera Maive"] was still there, trying to keep the civilians calm, for which Veiere moved to join and turn to the people, both hands raised in want for calm.

"Once clear of the danger here, you'll all be free to return or to choose to move elsewhere providing it's proven safe to do so. You're not to be prisoners, we're doing what we can to keep you safe and away from the fighting" Veiere called out to them, his presence within the force influencing his words and conveying a sense of peace that many of the people around the Jedi would be coerced by, and hopefully settle any possible descent or chance of provocation.

Something in the air over Azure changed, taking a darker turn and causing Veiere's attention to be removed from the civilians there and instead look in the direction of the where the main battleground was held. "Lucera, do you feel that?" he muttered under his breath to his companion. The immediate darkness that [member="Darth Prazutis"] had summoned fourth, reached them even at their distanced position.

Things were suddenly about to get a whole hell of a lot worse...

Supporting: SJO
Allies: Saezahttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/138765-saeza-bolokvang/ | Leo
Engaging: [member="Ronan Vizsla"]
Objective: Make Ship go Boom

Her left arm was basically useless, blood spilling from the deep laceration on her shoulder. Her head rang like she was underneath a tolling bell, and her stomach hurt as she collapsed to the ground. The downside of using the Force to play tricks on gravity was that when it stopped you ended up hitting the ground.

She felt the metal boot come into contact with her gut, all the force behind it that drove the wind from her lungs. Bones cracked, whether fractured, broken, or just dislocated she couldn’t tell but it seared her body with pain nonetheless and made her body coil towards the fetal position.

The Force churned, aching with power and she felt it, from all these miles away up on the Mandalorian ship. Whatever was happening on the archipelago had rifted and drowned in the power of the Dark side. Yet in it all the pain and hatred being unleashed there was a small spark of light.

Hope.

Hope. Laira could work with that. The redhead thumbed the button on her lightsaber, the blade darkening and crackling with sparks, wavering under the intensity of the ferocious plasma. The iconic hum became an angry cackle of energy, and she slashed the blade up at his groin.

zwIzcve.png

Leo typed buttons into his datapad, his droid spinning the scomplink as they worked in tandem to hack the vessel. He was rushed, hurried. Not enough time to hack into anything overly secure like reactor controls or self-destructs. But a single, currently unmanned turret? That he could do. “Jester, Isolate the system.” The droid beeped impassively in response, but from the readout on the screen it had complied.

Saeza could hear the boots against the deck rushing towards the trio. The poor ranger was bleeding out and her intestines spilling its contents into her gut, contaminating her blood. Saeza was helping, doing her best to numb the pain and apply bacta to the wound, but her attention was about to be reclaimed by the fury of combat.

Alright. Not going to get much time with this before they just manual override it.” The Death Trooper moved to a joystick and targeting station, spinning the single turbolaser around to aim it at the aft of the ship, where he thought the reactor bulge ought to be.

Saeza felt the ripples of the Force below, her heart sinking as the sudden cries filtered through the Force. So many dead in an instant, so needlessly. The first shots rang out towards them though, a much more pressing matter which required her attention. Her saber swung around deflecting a few rounds.

One shot, glancing off the armor, leaving a deep score mark in the hull of the vessel. Leo anxiously patted his leg waiting for the weapon to recharge.

Saeza bolted from the room, drawing fire as she rushed forward. The vong reached out with the Force, grabbing hold of the first Mandalorian’s helmet and yanking it towards her, sweeping her saber just below where she wanted it. The warrior stumbled under the jerking motion, pulled into the blade as it snipped head from neck, filling the corridor with the smell of burning flesh. That was a trick Laira had taught her, but instinctively she reeled back and away from the sensation of death, her guard dropping just enough to take a bolt to her wounded leg’s thigh.

Second shot. The plasma detonated against the vessel, sending sparks and arcs of energy along the impact. The lights flickered and the data-terminals clicked off for an instant, starting to reboot. The droid behind him chirped a response. The Mandalorians had caught on fast, someone was in the manual controls by now. No reason to sit and wait to attempt a third shot.

Reactor leak, that’ll have to work. Start finding us a ride off this heap.” Leo left the droid, pumping the action on his Eradicator.

The young Jedi’s lightsaber spun around as she ducked under an axe sweeping the blade around the woman’s waist, she winced at the resulting scream. It was horrible. How did Laira and Leo manage this? Saeza wanted nothing more than to throw her Lightsaber away, but there was a third man in the corridor and if she stopped, the Ranger was surely dead as was she. Her friends needed her. The Jedi fleet needed them.

Laira’s in trouble!

Objective: Fight back boarders
Allies: UCM and Defenders
Enemies: SJO and Attackers
Equipment: In BIO under "Things always with Adenn" and beskad
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]
Troops: 20 Beskad Elite, various Mandalorian soldiers on board the Shabuir

[media]​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMXR6AIGf8​
[/media]​

Even as Adenn and his men waited for the arrival of the boarders, the rest of the crew fought against them, selling their lives dearly. When the hack came, the ship itself wasn't all that good for defending itself, so the crew had to fight off the attack themselves. Of course, it was humans vs a virus, and the virus was faster. The crew managed to keep the worst of the virus to the less important systems, but some strands from it still were able to hit the gun systems. Thankfully that was more on the offensive part of the ship, so the ship was fine in defending itself, and would be able to continue its mission well enough, for now at least.

At the same time, a few marines from the ship tried to come in and attack Allya from behind. That went about as well as could be expected, with the droid bodies exploding and taking out half their number, and injuring the rest. At the same time, the crew fought against the buzz droids, doing their best to limit the damage they did and what they had access to. It wasn't completely successful, but it kept the ship going and fighting, ever at the cost of more crew.

The thrown grenade managed to get a third of the mines, seeing as they were positioned on the floors and the lower walls of the corridor. Of the remaining two thirds, a third were damaged and would be unable to properly explode, instead only choking up some destruction, while the remaining third were far enough away from the grenade to not be affected. That remaining third would eventually explode when the boarders were close enough, whenever that came. Then a pair of ceiling turrets would come down, each flanking the doorway, and they'd open up on those in the corridor. They fired to kill, not pausing until they were either destroyed, or disabled.

With Adenn, he simply remained where he was standing, eyes closed, head bowed slightly, hands still resting on the blades pommel. A pair of buzz droids emerged in the corridor where he and his men were, but Adenn didn't give them a second thought. Indeed, one of the guards merely stomped on a buzz droid, while the second was shot by another guard. Both were destroyed and were promptly ignored once more, their remains left to rust until the battle would be done.

Roona Osmari

R
A gloved hand rubbed an armor-clad shoulder, where there was a skillfully carved insignia — that of the Radama Raiders. Roona Osmari had received it during her first mission with them, back on Mirial. Things had changed a lot since then. For one, she was no longer assigned to the Raiders. She’d had a good run with them, but she’d decided to dedicate her skills to the Silver Scout Unit, where she continued to hone her marksmanship. Now, her secondary focus was collecting and reporting info back to the Rangers.

Roona’s unit traveled where they were needed, snipers and their sharp eyes were assigned to support their comrades on a regular basis. This took her from Kashyyyk and had kept her away for some time now. It was rewarding, even if a bit lonely. The soldier had not formed bonds as she did with the Raiders, and her closest bond had been stretched thin by time and distance.

Her sea-green eyes met Commander Calderon’s gaze for a moment, fleeting as it was.

Words could wait, they would have to. Though, even from her seat, she could sense — and see — that Valkren has changed, too. She was pulled from her thoughts by Clark’s elbow as it nudged her.

“Good to have ya back for a change,” he said.

Roona managed a tight smile and a stiff nod.

“Just like old times.”

Blowing out a deep breath, she centered herself, preparing for the mission to come. And, as she placed her helmet on, her expression fell cold. Boarding was not her ideal situation, it was harder working in such tight spaces. Nevertheless, she’d make do — she always did.

Allies: [member="Valkren Calderon"]|[member="Amon Vizsla"] l [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] l [member="Kat Decoria"] l [member="Setter Ryburn"] l [member="Mariel Dawnrider"] l
Opposition: [member="Kaine Australis"] l [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] (?)

[Coming to support Task Force Raider]

Objective: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Allies: SJO

Enemy: [member="Joycelyn Zambrano"]

Cotan couldn't truthfully say he'd expected a different answer, but he was still mildly disappointed. He always hoped he'd find at least one Sith willing to engage in actual honourable combat, but unfortunately, that had yet to prove the case. "Well, you're a real spoilsport, aren't you?" he asked sarcastically. He placed one hand on the scabbard of the blade he'd been given, and the other on the hilt, just barely pulling it loose of the throat. His waveskimmer was quite a bit smaller than Joycelyn's—barely more than a landspeeder-in-water—but he imagined he could defend himself fairly well from it.

"You'll have to beat me to get my skin, though; and if the Emperor himself hasn't yet done that, I doubt you'll be able to." He flashed her a cheeky grin. She may have been about the same size as Darth Carnifex was, maybe even a little taller, but Cotan had more than enough skill to make up for that difference. The main thing that might proe to be a problem was the storm that was brewing a ways away. A decidedly-unnatural looking storm, by his expert eye; but, it hadn't hit them yet.

Yet.

He shifted his full focus back to Joycelyn, while the pair stood completely still. "So, before we start, do you care to tell me your name?" he asked conversationally, despite the battle stance both of them stood in. "Considering you know my real name now, of course. Also, if it's no issue, I'd prefer if you start with the attack." His grin grew wider. "I'm feeling a bit tired today, and it's a bit more fun for me to start on the defensive anyhow. I need the practice."

Location: Wavebreak-class Battlecruiser Rathalay Resolution, near Azure
Objective: Obtain Space Superiority
Allies: [member="Reshmar"], [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], and other SJO personnel
Enemies: [member="Kaine Australis"] (currently engaging); [member="Dezoti"] (nearby, not currently engaged), other UCM and allied personnel

Another brilliant flash of light flooded the area as the other Dxun-class Heavy Cruiser exploded, catching the closest Verne-class Armored Cruiser in its blast. Both ships disappeared into the void. Though pained by their loss, he took some solace in that the Plo Koon's captain was a more cautious man than the Stellar Argonaut's. The second Tempest-class Star Destroyer began to veer away and reorient itself to continue the fight. The blonde man started to turn his eyes back onto the holo-map when a baritone voice called out to him.

"Sir, the probe droids have picked up on a new contact on the outskirts of the battlefield. We have a visual contact on the object, but it doesn't match anything that we know of."

That seemed to perk Ariela's interest,which in turn brought the admiral's attention. The blonde man brought up what little could be gathered on the new target given the large amount of sensor noise and jamming on the battlefield. Whatever it is, it's large, slow, and coming directly at us...deliberately. It must know what it's getting involved in. His stomach began to contort. Dealing with the unknown came with the job, but it didn't make him feel any better. He cast his eyes on the spy master.

"Have you heard about anything that this could be?"

"There's been rumors that a Mandalorian super star destroyer had been spotted in the Sector. This could be it, based on its behavior."

Kark it all. Looks like we'll have to bring in our trump card. He flipped through several screens before tapping a command. It seemed to strange to him that with the simple push of a key, he'd just committed an almost unfathomable number of credits and thousands of lives on a hunch from a droid. But I can't afford to ignore it...The native of Hast turned his eyes onto Commander Dars and the staff around him.

"Begin to scatter the fleet, except the Resolution and the ships engaged in boarding the Terror. We'll bring the Resolution to face this newcomer head on. I want us constantly streaming sensor feed to the Tide."

A brief murmur of acknowledgements answered him as the crew began to enact his wishes. He pondered the slow-moving hulk. Is this really it? I'll have to assume the worse...He flipped a switch on his headset.

"Captain Ysin, turn off your ship's gravity well, and standby to reactivate it centered on contact AT-034."

"Confirm that order sir?"

The blonde man hesitated.

"The admiralty will rake you over the coals if you're wrong, you know," said Ariela, brushing back a strand of her brown hair, "they'll say you let the flagship of a notorious war criminal get away. But I think you're right..."

That's almost comforting...

"Confirming order," said Gir, "deactivate gravity well and prepare to activate it on AT-034."

"Understood sir..."

He stared hard at the object when suddenly a brilliant flash erupted from AT-034 and surged through space straight towards them. Gir's eyes widened and he began to turn towards Commander Dars when the Daedulus Cannon hit the Rathalay Resolution. The floor underneath him shook violently and lights went out. A cacaphony of hurt and surprised voices resounded through the bridge. He felt his left knee slam into the metal deck, but a strong and steady arm grabbed a hold of him and kept him up. He turned his eyes back onto his rescuer, but Ariela was barely paying attention to him. Instead, the replica droid's eyes were darting all over one of the still functioning holo-projectors which rapidly was updating a wireframe of the Resolution as damage reports flooded into the ship's system. Dim emergency lighting flickered on, and the discord of the bridge crew died down as systems came back online.

"Our wings have been clipped," quipped Captisan, turning her eyes back onto Gir as she released him from her grasp.

Gir stared hard at the visual model of the Resolution. Part of the ship's starboard wing had been torn asunder from the rest of the vessel, leaving a frigate-sized portion of the vessel floating around aimlessly in space, and opening up hundreds of decks to the cold embrace of the void. This is a nightmare...but we're functional...for now. Our trump card better get here soon. The man silently cursed.

"Dars."

The more junior officer staggered over to the admiral, "Yes?"

"We're going to evacuate the Resolution aside from a skeleton crew. We'll let droids and automation guide the Resolution on our counterattack."

Dars nodded, "I'll start coordinating it all."

"I need you to come with me."

"I don't want to. The command crew goes down with the ship, isn't that how it goes?"

Gir scoffed, "That's a wasteful tradition."

"I'd rather stay. What are you going to do, court-martial me?"

"A posthumous court-martial?" sighed Gir, "I suppose you have me there. I guess you'll finally get that medal you were always after..."

A sudden cheer rose from the bridge as dozens of bright balls of light began to erupt around the Nu Draar Tugyc. While he couldn't pick out their cause, he knew it well: Kraken Heavy Torpedoes dropping out of hyperspace and making attack runs on the super star destroyer based on telemetry transmitted by the Resolution. A larger cheer rose from the bridge as the Silver Tide herself cut into real space. The massive warship arrived at an acute angle to the Nu Draar Tugyc and immediately began to accelerate. Weapons fire errupted from the Silver Tide to converge on the mandalorian super star destroyer's bow. As a brilliant lights began to fill up space between the vessel, hundreds of strikecraft errupted out of the Silver Tide: arrow-shaped interceptors darted towards enemy starfighters while larger but more powerful Gale-class Heavy Fighters immediately turned their attention onto the biggest threat on the battlefield. Almost those lines, a small group of phantom-like stealth fighters soared away from the large formation of their brethren and quietly made a separate approach towards the Mandalorian super star destroyer's bottom. Over a hundred, box-like assault shuttles took off from the Tide and began their approach towards the Terror Australis, where the shuttles would disengorge more synthetic soldiers and pick up any survivors. Gir turned his eyes and bore into those of his HRD assistant.

"It's time for us to go. We'll take a shuttle over to the Tide..."

Task Force Resolution
Wavebreak-class Battlecruiser Rathalay Resolution (attacking Terror Australis) (Shields: 41% Hull: 65%) (most organic crew beginning to evacuate; skeleton crew, droids, and automation having the Resolution shifting fire to attack the Nu Draar Tugyc)
Tempest-class Star Destroyer Stellar Argonaut (retreating from battlefield; attempting damage control) (Shields: 65% Hull: 76%)
Tempest-class Star Destroyer Plo Koon (moving away from center of engagement; attacking Nu Draar Tugyc)
Tritones Heavy Cruiser Providence (attacking Snaggletooth)
Pelagic Star Cruiser Starlit Surprise (attacking Snaggletooth)
Pelagic Star Cruiser Galactic Gallant (attacking Snaggletooth)
Verne Armored Cruiser Tae Daith (attacking Goran) (Destroyed)
Verne Armored Cruiser Mak Lotor (escorting Plo Koon)
Verne Armored Cruiser Windo Nend (attacking Cerar)(Destroyed)
Verne Armored Cruiser Aubrie Wyn (Guarding Warthog)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold One (Destroyed)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Two (Destroyed)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Three (Destroyed)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Four (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Five (Destroyed)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Six (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Seven (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Eight(Destroyed)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Nine (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Trieste Escort Frigate Gold Ten (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
MC22 Tangler Interdiction Corvette Kas Todd (holding position, shifting gravity well onto Nu Draar Tugyc)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue One (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Two(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Three(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Four (Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Five (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Six((Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Blue Seven(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red One (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Two(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Three(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Four (Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Five(Destroyed)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Six (withdrawing towards the Silver Tide)
Catalina-class Light Corvette Red Seven (Destroyed)

12 Squadrons of Vortex II-class Interceptors (240 Interceptors) (attacking enemy starfighters)
12 Squadrons of Mistral-class Starfighters (144 Starfighters) (attacking enemy starfighters)
12 Squadrons of Cyclone-class Star Bombers (attempting to disable the Terror Australis) (144 starbombers)
16 Squadrons of Gale-class Heavy Fighters in Hunter-Killer configuration (attempting to disable the Terror Australis) (128 Heavy Fighters)

Task Force Raider
Union II-class Assault Carrier Warthog (continuing boarding actions on the Terror Australis) (Shields: 92% Hull: 97%)
Handmaiden-class Escort Corvette Raider One (Destroyed)
Kometa-class Ramship Punch One (Destroyed)

Task Force Silver Tide
The Silver Tide (attacking Nu Draar Tugyc)
20 Squadrons of Vortex II-class Interceptors (400 starfighters) (moving to attack strikecraft around the Snaggletooth and Nu Draar Tugyc)
19 Squadrons of Gale-class Heavy Fighters in Hunter-Killer configuration (152 Heavy Fighters) (moving to make attack run on Nu Draar Tugyc)
1 Squadron of T9 Phantasms (12 stealth starfighters)(moving to make attack run on Nu Draar Tugyc)
11 Squadrons of Prudence Assault Shuttles (132 assault shuttles) (moving to evacuate/deploy assault troops onto the Terror Australis)

OaQJleb0BKAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

UNIT DESIGNATION: TASK FORCE RAIDER
OBJECTIVE: BOARDING THE TERROR AUSTRALIS | CAPTURE KAINE AUSTRALIS | DECOMMISSION THE TERROR AUSTRALIS
EQUIPMENT:

ezgif-5-4aad94d0e592.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkbG39-T4H0​
"I do my duties, pay the price I'll do the worthy sacrifice I know my deeds are not in vain"
For a far worse reason, the bombardment on the Terror Australis ceased abruptly but with some systems still going bust the situation wasn't exactly that much better. It still felt like being on a capsizing boat and Amon didn't like none of it.

The unending exchange of fire between the Raiders and the Mandalorians turned the immediate area into killing fields. With all the smoke and haze, the pounding of grenades and the blaster fire, Amon briefly thought he was on an area zeroed by a whole artillery squadron. The steel floor still shook and the young Vizsla wondered if his brain would simply escape through his ears.

A faint noise akin to saws were breaking through the cacophony and Amon winced to make out the massive silhouettes coming from the Mandalorian forces. Whoever these were, they were behemoths wielding chainsaw axes and killing everything in their path - Mandalorian or Raider mattered little. What the?

"Get back to the support squad and rendezvous with the additional teams coming in. I want this ship out of commission. Go."

Setter's reply came in the form of an order. Just as Amon was going to argue with the order, Ryburn added.

"I'm proud of you."

Huh?

And suddenly all made sense to the Vizsla as Ryburn insanely charged into the fog of war. No goodbye, no epic motivational speeches. Just a warrior off to do what he was born and bred to do. No questions asked, no excuses given.

"Ryburn, NO!" the Mandalorian's words fell on deaf ears. Rage brewed within and suffocated him. The quest for vengeance versus the soldier's duty. His whole body tensed and twitched from anger as the two forces within him clashed. To be or not to be. He felt like screaming, crying and killing everything in his path but he knew well pushing here now would mean Ryburn's sacrifice was in vain.

"OSIK!!"
Amon shot up from his position and gave the order shouting through the comms:

"TASK FORCE RAIDER, FALL BACK THROUGH THE MAINTENANCE CORRIDOR ON THE RIGHT! SUPPRESSIVE FIRE! GO BY PAIRS. DOUBLE TIME!"
The Raider's HUDs would light up with the new order and the change of chain-of-command. Amon's name stood out with a C.O label next to it.

Some made it into the corridor, some died trying. Amon came in last just when he received the communique from the Radama Raiders C.O - [member="Valkren Calderon"]:

“Task Force Raider, Commander Calderon. We are inbound from the Concord’s position. ETA three minutes. Hold in there if you can, how copy?”

The Mandalorian looked back at the Killing Fields of the Terror Australis and could sworn he had seen Setter Ryburn's silhouette giving his last breaths to kill 'em all. The door closed dramatically before his face like a theater's curtain signalling the end of a play.

"Commander Calderon, this is Amon Vizsla. Change of plans, Commander. We are moving to secure the bridge. Moving through maintenance corridors." the young Vizsla paused contemplating Setter's last words. "Orders are to put this ship out of commission. Rendezvous with us at the bridge. We need all the support. to do our job."

Our job or was it his personal vendetta?

"Let's move. I will take point."

The point of no return.

With a long drawn breath, Amon Vizsla lead Task Force Raider through the corridors heading straight to the bridge of the Terror Australis. He tried clearing his thoughts out of everything that was to distract him. He had a job to do and he meant to finish it.

For Raider Actual.
[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Roona Osmari"]​
[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]​

rvw2aM.png

Tagging:

Allies: [member="Amon Vizsla"] | [member="Setter Ryburn"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Bushi Nadora"] | [member="Mariel Dawnrider"] | [member="Kat Decoria"] | @Wilhelm von Reinherdt | [member="Laira Darkhold"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Gir Quee"]

Enemies: [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Darth Prazutis"]

Gear:

ZXDmlmR.png

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi, sensing the destruction of Alderaan

The force boiled around her, a far cry from the calm, warm and welcoming ocean she’d been immersed in mere minutes ago. It was as if a storm had intruded on her enclave, whipping the placid water up into haves and thundered and crashed over one another as they threatened to slam over the Jedi Knight. Fire danced across the water, the heat palpable, threatening to burn her, reaching out claws to her to rip at her flesh. Asaraa knew that this was all just a simulation playing out in her mind, a way for her to picture, to interact with the force that surrounded her. It just felt so real, she could actually feel the heat, the anger of the flames reaching out for her, to wrap around her and claim her, to rip her apart, another offering for the maelstrom that had been unleashed on the planet below her.

Yet, beneath it all there was something else, a horror, a sadness so deep she just wanted to break down and cry, to let the dark void sweep her up. The pink-haired woman had heard of the disturbances in the force before, she’d even felt it on Commenor when the Sith had destroyed Munto city. That had been a feeling like icicles piecing her to the core, the deathcry of millions leaving an echo in the force that hadn’t faded even to this day. This was different though.

Not a instant death for those on the surface, this was different, a storm of horrific power unleashed with just one purpose, not just the death of all those on the planet but pain the horror of the end that was come upon them. That’s what she could feel, under the fire, the anger there was pain and fear, so much fear, like a tsunami that leapt up through the force, an echo she didn’t think that would ever fade.

Immersed as she was in the force Asaraa couldn’t stop it, the very energy that protected her that had let her reach out to her comrades now acting as a net funnelling all that energy towards her, through her. She could see a mother looking at her daughter, the sheer depth of love and horror, her helplessness to stop what was coming, to find a way to protect her child heartbreaking. In that final instant of her death she felt she’d failed the most basic task of every parent, to protect their children from the world. Asaraa couldn’t help the tears flowing from her eyes unbidden, unheeded as both mother and daughter were wiped out at the touch of the darkside. It was just one scene in a ocean that assaulted her, a seemingly endless stream that swept through the force.

The Antarian Ranger who threw himself over an old couple rather than run, he knew that he could have escaped, knew it was a futile gesture as he screamed, as the lightning seared his flesh but he couldn’t just do nothing. The young lovers grasping at one another’s hands as they watched the storm racing towards them, they’d been planning their future together mere moments ago and now they saw all their plans shattering, grasping at one another as they uttered those three words, unable to hear the words over the storm reaching them, but they saw all they needed in one another’s eyes as the lightning claimed them.

A million little scenes played out over the surface of the planet, the best and worst of humanity, fear and acceptance, the terror of the end captured in a snapshot. There was no guiding this, as the wave of emotions swirled all Asaraa could do was let it carry her, batter her, let the emotions flow through her. If Asaraa had tried to fight them they’d have battered down her defences, would have overwhelmed her and left her broken, not that this was much better.

The guard’s around her looked on in concern as sobs wracked her slight frame, tears tracing down her cheeks as sobs filled the corridor. They couldn’t see what could concern her so, one of the guards left behind stepping forward, his hand outstretched before his sergeant caught his hand with a shake of his head. Whatever was going on, whatever hokey-kokey force thing, it was best that they not disturb it.

Munto city had been a singular event, a one and done attack, the city wiped out in an instant, a single scream out to the force before it was silenced. She’d thought it was terrible, the worst thing she’d ever felt, but nothing could have prepared her for this. This wasn’t a one and done, this was a constant barrage of pain, constant suffering. No sooner had the storm killed one person than it would reach out the extend it’s claws over another, and another, constantly feeding the pain and suffering into the force, constantly disturbing the force around her, throwing it up into waves that threatened to overwhelm her and crush her. Except she wouldn’t let it, whatever…whoever had caused this, they didn’t seem to plan to stop.

A deep breath filled the Jedi’s lungs as she let herself fall deeper into t he force than before, the distinction between her person and the energy around her fading, starting to blur as she gathered more of the energy to herself, burning brighter, blazing like a star as she threw herself down towards the planet like a vengeful comet. Yet as much power as she’d gathered, power to the point it was leaking out of her pores, although it wasn’t the only thing. There was a idiom about too much power being a bad thing, and this was perhaps the truth. As powerful as capable as Asaraa was, she’d never dived this deeply into the force before, never absorbed so much power and her body wasn’t ready to handle it. A trail of blood traced a line down from her nose, the warm liquid barely felt by the Jedi as her consciousness battered at the storm. She felt more power than she’d ever been, but it wasn’t enough, it wasn’t nearly enough to break it, to stop the storm.

Further down to the planet she fell, reaching out to the civilians, the Mandalorians and the Jedi, to gather everyone she could and press them towards the Forward operating base. Pushing at everyone she could find, There was no-way they were surviving this if they stayed behind, but maybe, maybe if they would just go to the Jedi, then maybe it would be enough to save them, rescue them. Maybe it’d be enough for them to survive. She couldn’t think of anything else she could do, there was a dark sun settled at the centre of the storm, something vaster than anything she’d ever felt before, and she couldn’t challenge him, she couldn’t stop him, But maybe, maybe protecting the people would be enough, getting them to safety would make up for that.

Objective: Intel and Comms, don't eat the Padawan
In Scene: [member="Bushi Nadora"]
Allies on Ship: SJO
Enemies on Ship: UCM [member="Kaine Australis"]

Beneath their feet, they could feel the shiver of the ship as the assault continued from without. The owl regarded the mouse for a moment.

"It's not that I do not think you are worthy of being my padawan, Bushi Nadora," she said quietly, ruffling her feathers.

"It is that I fear I am not worthy of being your teacher. And that you will be unsafe in my care."

It was said without chagrin or difficulty. It was truth. And while Mariel would not pretend that she didn't make mistakes, this was a matter of biology. Every time Nadi twitched a little too quickly? Mariel's talons curled in and her shoulders hunched just a touch before she was able to stop it. Oh, she was stopping it, because it was entirely inappropriate. But this was a poor choice. A DANGEROUS choice. Who, in truth, had thought this was a good idea? Either an idiot or a sadist.

Eyes followed her indication, and the Songwing bobbed her head.

"A good idea. I hate it."

As it stood, she hated that it wasn't safe- even unwise- to fly and that she was walking. Going into an even narrower space? It made her beak itch. With a hop, she moved closer, regarding the grate slightly. Telekinesis had never been a strong point for her, but they were both too small to move the grate itself. With a huff, and a ruffle of feathers, Mariel closed her eyes for a moment, focusing on the Force. Gathering strength, enhancing her own. Then, with a flap of her wings, she rose into the air. Gripping the grate with her talons, she flapped hard, straining, wings beating too hard and too fast until -

CLANG

The grate popped off. She ended up in a heap on the floor, but she popped right back up, and started straightening a few stray feathers with her beak before the pair entered the vent system. She couldn't replace the grate, so she just dragged it, shifting the orientation until it was in the vent with them. Not impossible to miss but less noticeable. So far they had gone unnoticed. The Slipstream was with them.

Darkness engulfed them. In the vents, the sounds of the ship were slightly muffled. But it was impossible to miss when the sound of the warning klaxons changed. Mariel paused, tilting her head up and looking balefully at the ceiling of the vent- only a few centimeters above her head. Already feeling rather claustrophobic, the change from clanging to what felt like electronic screaming was distressing and hurt her head.

"What do you think the change of alarms means?" She asked softly, moving forward again. "If the first were for intruders, what is this for? Have our people reached the bridge? Is there a breach in the hull? Evacuate?" She sounded grumpy, ruffling her feathers. Not knowing was unnerving.

And then, all thoughts of what was happening here shifted down. Mariel's heart plummeted into her stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom