Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Eternal Question

370d9lz.png

Alina was quicker to recover than most. Shortly after the world went black, light returned. Hearing returned. To her dismay, at least as Nito seemed to realize it and started spouting more of his fanatical views. Perhaps it was easy for them, all of them, to believe that. They had the Force. They could feel it. Would that change her own views, having that power for herself? .. No. She wasn't here to become like them.

She was here to control them.

Suppressing the urge to roll her eye rather successfully, the Sangnir pushed herself up to a seated position. Cast a cold glare at the General. But kept her tongue. As she was, she wasn't strong enough to kill a Sith Lord by herself. But she wasn't helpless. That part of the test had at least gone well, even if everything else went to shit. "Very well, General." Like her gaze, she kept her voice cold. Devoid of emotion less her scathing hate for him leached out and got her punched all over again.

Her reserves were already low. A proper meal, and she'd feel a hundred percent again. If she wasn't to be taught another physical lesson, at least.

Darth Nito Darth Nito

Xzinn was glad for the entertainment. For all the mind-opening truths he had learned as a young Sith and Eternalist, there were times he yearned for the simplicity of the fighting pits and the pure, unadulterated thrill of a good fight. It wasn't quite the same as doing the fighting yourself, but there was still something to be said for watching two skilled combatants square off with one another.

The Falleen acolyte had spent the early part of the evening discussing Eternalist doctrine and philosophy with others of the Order, asking questions of those above him and debating and pontificating with those at his level. He did not have the vocabulary or indeed at times the patience of some of those who had come from more learned backgrounds, but he found himself holding his own much better than even he would have expected. Most of the time he was followed by a small group of other acolytes, listening to him and asking questions when they could. Xzinn had distinguished himself among many of his peers and in so doing had gathered a small following among the junior acolytes, particularly the newest. It wasn't much, but they looked up to him and displayed some level of loyalty to him, and in turn he helped them in small ways to grow in strength and knowledge.

He expected some of them wanted nothing more than to undercut him, perhaps to use him for their own gain and usurp what little authority he had. It was no matter, though; useful though they were, they posed little threat to him at this stage.

Xzinn continuously commented to the junior acolytes during the bout. He pointed out this or that technique, or used it to expound on some thought he had, be it about combat, Eternalism, or life generally. Darth Nito was something of a fanatical blowhard, but he certainly had the strength and position to back up his bluster. He applauded both as the fight came to an end.

"Take careful note, all of you," he said with a glance over his shoulder. "Of both of them."

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Darth Nito Darth Nito Darth Hellique II Darth Hellique II Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Darth Ahriman

D
VALEN

Inventory: Acolyte Apparel | Sith Lightsaber.
Tags: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Nito Darth Nito | Darth Hellique II Darth Hellique II | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru .

In a place where Valen had been told to expect teachings on Sith Philosophy, it seemed that he would instead enter upon the sight of combat between the two figures, one larger Darth Nito Darth Nito and that of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru who would apparently survive the encounter.

The air was rife with a variety of emotions, strongly sensed by the emanating presence of each figure standing before Valen as he approached. Anger, resentment, ambition, excitement and amusement for what had transpired, and it seemed as though Valen had merely caught the tail end of it all.

Like the others, darkness swirled around Valen's every movement, an air of confidence also conveyed in his body language as he gradually came to a halt within the proximity of the group. Some now standing side-on from him, while others standing on the opposing side of where the fight had taken place.

To each of them, he cast his gaze and gave only a single acknowledging nod to that of Darth Maliphant himself for whom he was the single familiar face among them all, and thus far the highest authoritative presence that Valen had met within this new Sith Order. It was Maliphant who had introduced Valen to the concept of Eternalism, however, compared to those nearby, Valen's comprehension of the philosophy was insignificant.

Nonetheless, he had arrived and come with the intention of discerning this new philosophy with great interest; as well as gaining insight as to those who would become his peers.

No discomfort was felt as their stares locked. Perhaps a nightmare was just a nightmare and not a vision… this time.

“I haven’t. It is an impressive sight, Lord Maliphant. Although it may not be as impressive as you think.” Darth Hellique II replied as he watched the duel come to a swift end. His eyes focused on Darth Nito. The outcome of this battle was never in doubt, at least not in Hellique’s eyes. He assumed Darth Nito thought the same. The question Hellique pondered was why take the fight at all. Was the behemoth of a being that sensitive, offended so severely by a single snarky comment from a lesser warrior? Or was he just that fanatical in his belief?

Others might have seen a display of strength. Hellique only saw weakness. Not just from the actions of Darth Nito but also Alina Tremiru. After all, a loss is a loss.

“I consider myself a bit of a scholar, Lord Maliphant. Please tell me more of how eternalism sets these fine creatures,” A claw gestures toward Darth Nito. “apart from the common rabble.” The request was an honest one. When your cup is empty, you must ask for it to be filled.

Maliphant didn't ordain him with a glance - instead watching as Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru was taken from the field of battle, and Nito walked out under his own power. Proud as the golden lion was, blood still trailed behind him even then. Without missing a beat, Maliphant spoke;

"I made him do that.", he said - as though the admission was as casual as a zephyr.

"I knew she would make a fool of herself, a fool of me. It's her way to be strong headed and stubborn - but sometimes the strong need to be broken to be remade stronger."

He watched her for a few moments longer before he turned towards Darth Hellique II Darth Hellique II -

"War is a cultural identifier of the Sith - like iron beat against an anvil, we grow stronger under the strain of conflict. The Sith are much the same, but Eternalists are something more - we seek a fight with the greatest enemy there could be. God, if you'd want to call it that. I prefer to name it 'Destiny'."

"In my time, awakened to the truth the Worm has bestowed upon me - do you know what I have achieved? I can change the future, fool a jedi into believing visions I feed, immune to Yslamiri, untouchable by Force Light. Darth Sabbat, what seperates Eternalists from the common rabble is clarity. Purpose. Eternal intent.", he said with a smile.

"We build for an everlasting peace, and are on the cutting edge of Force Techniques. The common rabble still think the Sith Code isn't a prophecy."

"Everlasting peace, master? Curious... do you mean to say we strive to build an everlasting lie?"

There was a light humor in Venn's voice as he strode onto the balcony, a newfound confidence in his step. The source of the apprentice's pride burned brightly on his right hand: a ring of black steel, traced by shining letters of fire all around the band. The Dark Side was thick around that ring, and though perhaps it was still in need of a few reinforcements, it was for all intents and purposes finished. Months of planning and bitter work, and now he finally wore it. Its glow was mirrored in the pride within Venn's heart at his creation.

Reaching his master, the young man dropped to one knee and bowed his head. "Forgive my tardy arrival. I emerged from the forge in a filthy state; I thought it prudent to wash."

He spoke from behind a mask of steel. It was aglow with fiery sigils, like his breastplate. The armor was of less fine material and make than his ring, but burned brightly all the same. A deep hood and swirling cloak nearly hid the steel plate from view. Though relaxed and content, a small thorn pricked at the base of Venn's thoughts- that though he'd parted with his fellow apprentice on good terms, he'd failed to bring Arcturus back with him into Maliphant's direct service. Things on Kesh had gotten... complicated.

Still kneeling before his master, Venn's gloved fist clenched tightly. That was in the past now. Arcturus would come around, in time. Until then, Venn would be where he belonged- in the heat of the forge fire, beating himself into a blade that no Crusade or Jedi or misguided rival could ever break. A blade with which his master would spray blood across the galaxy.

HhsdOTe.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom