Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eldritch Vision [LFG]

b2340f60d6bf74a153e536c18407855b.jpg
Hi kids!
Its me, your local Slave. Today I come to ask who would be interested in getting involved with the backstory of The Slave in a way that makes it far more interesting than just saying 'Here is where came from, this is what happened, etc.'. What I intend is for a story that progressed at the pace of the people involved, and is entirely decided by the group as a whole. This being said, it is going to be a series of threads heavily focused on the dark and eldritch side of fantasy and writing, as myself takes many cues from HP Lovecraft himself.

That being said, I'd like to go over a quick concept of it all without revealling all that much. (Shush you who I spoke to about it prior, we can work it out to still be interesting for you to.)
In short, The Slave is maturing into a capable and intelligent user of the force. With it, something strange has begun to plague some of the force users across the galaxy and The Slave alike; a series of dreams who's mystery lies locked deep in the psyche of all those who face it.

In the dark hours of the night, over a quiet slumber that graced the enigmatic halls of the darkly inclined, a single thought comes through your psyche. A whisper at first, working its way through the edges of your dream like a wyrm hell bent on consuming your imagination. In truth, it was something far worse, and as what shreds of your dream seemed to fade away into a void ridden fog; just what it was became more evident.
What you stared at was the Abyss, the ever consuming void that sat outside the living force and nature of reality. It was neither here, there, nor anywhere; not hyper space nor other space. Something so foreign your mind seemed to struggle to understand just what it was perceiving. The movements, the screams, every from the words and echoes you heard seemed to slip from your memory as a cold sweat covered your entire body, made frigid by the cold air that surrounded your bedside.
Only a few fleeting thoughts of the dream seemed to remain, the first a strong sensation; something bygone yet forceful, subtle but imposing, and no matter how hard you attempted to shake the emotion it remained. It had made a nest in your heart, and without satisfying the urge of curiosity, it was bound to torture you for eternity; forever an expanding pit that would never find an answer.
The second however, was far worse; with vague imagery you can only make faint grasps at. Just what was it you saw? What did you come across that gave you such a fright, forcing the power that you were to break slumber for nothing more than a picture inside the mind’s eye? You consider it for a moment, focusing with great attention to remember all the details you could; and with that focus came a slow trickle of information you couldn’t have placed a moment before.
This is simply the introduction for each of those who participate. It is in this second portion of the dream your character recalls where the mystery really begins. What would they remember, and how would they react to it? Would they simply ignore its ceaseless call to action, or would they move towards it to find the answers they seek? Protect those around them, or sacrifice them for a chance at power?

Its entirely up to you and who your character is. For those interested after reading thus far, I give you this chance, choose a number between 1 and 10, and let me PM you the dream you remember. See how your character reacts, and if they deem it as something to follow up on; then I'll start a public thread in which all those who came to the meeting point hinted at in the first dream. Discuss what you all saw, see just what it means, and investigate further into the darkness it holds.

Will you rise to meet the challenge, make this one for all in a selfless act of resistance, or fall into the temptation of power and make it all for one?

Its up to you to decide! Claim your dream, and see where it leads.
  1. Dream 1 - [member="Emile Kaiden"]
  2. Dream 2 - [member="Atlas Kane"]
  3. Dream 3 - [member="Darth Lykos"]
  4. Dream 4 - [member="Vaylin"]
  5. Dream 5 - [member="Leo Vandermolen"]
  6. Dream 6 - [member="Lark"]
  7. Dream 7 - Unclaimed
  8. Dream 8 - [member="Izalith Vora"]
  9. Dream 9 - [member="Morro"]
  10. Dream 10 - [member="Darth Carnifex"]

[member="Lark"]

Awesome! When I have the majority of the people ready, I'll make sure to tag you in the final thread. I sent the PM, so make sure to respond and tell me if that interested you enough so that I can mark it off!

[member="The Slave"]

I've been planning of delving into more eldritch stuff with Lykos so as to begin his evolution into his next character arc, so, this is perfect. I would like to make a claim for dream number 3, please.

[member="Darth Lykos"] [member="Leo Vandermolen"] [member="Vaylin"] [member="Izalith Vora"] [member="Morro"] [member="Atlas Kane"] [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Alright! Message each of you your own sections of the dream, and tried to alter them slightly to your characters (They were prewritten, I apologize).

I'll update the main post and see who else responds!

tsarwars said:
These gotta be force users? Or have you space on board for a non force sensitive?
[member="The Slave"]
Preferably, yes, or at least the dark side inclined. The dreams are meant to carry to those that either show promise, or are already established as somewhat powerful.

Emile Kaiden said:
[member="The Slave"] feel free to hit me up with one of the remaining.
Sure thing!

Jorryn Fordyce said:
[member="The Slave"] Guess I'll pick up last choice. 7's a lucky number anyways.
Awesome!

For those who feel like they might have missed their chance, feel free to respond and show your interest. I could very easily bring in a few more people to continue the story line on if need be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom