Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eighth Battle - Coalition Invasion of Triumvirate Ruusan

Gear: Sinistra's Personal Armor,
2 sabers; 1 silver, 1 red
Opponent: [member="Matsu Ike"]

There were plenty of things to look at among the hills leading down into the bowl. Determined warriors rushing toward the precipice of fate, mingled with the bones of the past, jutting out of the sands with their decaying stone worn by the passage of eons. There were emotions roiling together from all sides; fear, sadness, defiance, caution.

The wraiths had completed their arcs, and she had glimpsed the coming storm through their eyes; obediently behind her as she strolled out to ascend the hills towards something that caught her eye. Up the canyon wall, near some trees but away from the places where the dropships would vomit their innards to reign righteous fire upon the Sith, there was someone with a parasol.

It was too much not to investigate.

Her left hand had slipped into her pocket as she walked up the sloping trail, the right holding the caf cup. The morning was brisk, the trail was easy and even if she should have been noticed by those who meant to ruin the Triumvirate's day, she seemed to escape their attention. It wasn't illusion persay, but a bit of trick to make it seem as if she were just spectre, a fleeting transparent shape that blended into the background.

It also helped that her pace was leisurely and her body language casual.

When she started to approach the place where the wraith had seen the figure, she swallowed the last of the caf and shook out the cup. She clipped the mug handle to her belt with a leather frog, and reached up to seal the mask down to her suit. Satisfied she was properly attired now, she waved the wraiths off and they dissolved into inky pools of black wispy smoke. Dissipated by the gust of a ship overhead, Sinistra paid them no more mind as she jammed her hands back into her pockets and walked up to the parasol weilding figure up the hill.

She wasn't particularly tall, and the same gusts that blew the wraiths to the winds stirred her cloak around her, the hem pressed against her legs. She spoke plainly, however her voice came out scratchy and metallic through the vocoder of her helmet.

"This is hardly the place for a morning stroll."

Olmondo
Near the main road
[member="Kiran Vess"] | [member="Cameron Centurion"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Lassiter"] | @Ameli [SIZE=14.6667px]Trahir[/SIZE]

“Ever considered rebranding yourself as a motivational speaker, Vess?”

Pretending to be a wall was amusing only for the first couple minutes. After a few lifetimes of doing it, its entertainment value was thoroughly exhausted. The only soul left alive in the vicinity thus became xir next target to pass the time.

“I mean, you’ve already got that nice, smooth voice going for you.” Kiran was, in fact, the owner of a rather gruff lower register. Somewhere between chewing gravel and a pack of cigarettes a day.

“And that uplifting oration… hooboy. I feel ready to fly!”

At least the other merc could torment the tied-up civvies. Laguz? Laguz was left with the uninspired task of keeping watch. About an hour ago, when they’d just begun setting up their man-made roadblock, the sniper had tried xir hand at five-minute updates.

No Jedi on the horizon.

Still no Jedi on the horizon.

Oh, hey! Captain Aardvar— I mean Aardveren reports successful placement of E-Webs. Please give a round of applause, ladies and gents. Also, still no Jedi on the horizon.

Nope. No glowsticks.

Two zero for Murder Incorporated. Moral high ground has yet to show up on the field.

Annnd, you guessed it! Still no Jedi. On the upside, olAardveren’s done with the mines. That’s thee zilch for Saeva. Time to go home, boys, we win.

Xe’d lasted about half an hour, which was honestly more than either of them had expected.

Rapport on the Triumvirate’s closed channels indicated that the invading forces had finally achieved touchdown. With any luck, their main bulk would attempt to enter by the main road, because honestly, the city was so small and karked up that few other options existed. And then, the show could start.

Laguz grinned on the inside, compulsively checked every piece of equipment, and then pinged every other ambush in the settlement. When everyone checked in, the sniper settled back in xir position and gave Tessie a light caress.

Soon, darling. Soon.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Gear: Two sabers
Interested parties: [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Sinistra"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkmuTvkp_s

Sorel had faced many adversaries - but had never been involved in a full scale battle. Until now it seems. Her Master had encouraged her to accompany her to face one of the many brands of Sith that roamed the galaxy. In reality she needed no effort to talk into the task - she was a Jedi and faced her responsibilities seriously and never shirked from what was necessary.

She'd not visited the planet before but new that some areas were plagued with a Dark-sided nexus - which she had experienced on many occasions on other planets. But she was a mere Padawan and knew both her limitations and her place. So she listened intently to her Master's instructions - although she had chosen not to wear any of the armours her Master had gifted her. So she stood there in her standard Jedi robes, two sabers attached to her belt. If she were to survive this battle, she would do do due to her abilities and the will of the Force. Call it a trial of sorts.

Foolhardy? Quite possibly. Honest? Undoubtedly.

So she trailed slightly in her Master's wake, looking to watch and learn and help where she could, and do her best not to get in the way.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Allies: [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Opponent: [member="Sinistra"]

She could feel Sorel there with her and standing on the hill overlooking the valley as something came to her. Not a sudden dangerous risk but it was something over there while she tapped the wooden hilt. She could see the sith approaching up the hill as she remained there and held her one hand out. Down at her side to tell Sorel to no engage right away. If the sith wasn't going to attack first then they wouldn't, perhaps maybe just maybe they would be able to end this meet peacefully. A first really but she wasn't opposed to talking for a solution as she spoke. "But it is such a lovely day woulnd't you agree." Offering a small look towards the armored sith she took in more about her with a small nod of the jedi masters head. She was skilled and held herself like one who knew she might need to play it safe around equals or ones stronger then herself. So she was either a master or one of the more confident ones... she was guessing a master at the rolling energies that were there. "All this fighting, I don't suppose we could convince you to just surrender? I can promise no harm will come to you."

Allies: [member="Darth Orcus"] and [member="Haytham Kaze"]
Enemies: Jedi
Objective: Get them Points
Gear: In the sig, and two thermal detonators and two flashbangs

What a beautiful day it was for the zealous Trandoshan to hunt down Jedi and obtain a handsome amount of Jagganath Pointa from the Scorekeeper. Many Triumvirate stormtroopers were worried about this government being invaded by the Jedi, but to Dagorn he was joyful to have them come. He had heard about this ilk of religion as he was apprentice to the formidable Darth Orcus and would often times come across a Jedi Padawan and kill it for his goddess. Part of him was surprised to see the Jedi come and try to take Ruusan from the Triumvirate since they were breaking their own code and not acting how they were suppose to be.

"Hypocritessssssss," the Reptilian said with a hiss.

The Sith, heavily armed, walked to the courtyard of the fort and saw the likes of his master and an apprentice of Orcus.

"Massssster," Dagorn greeted the enormous Herglic as he brandished his rifle.

Gear: Sinistra's Personal Armor,
2 sabers; 1 silver, 1 red
Opponent: [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]

A throaty laugh issued forth from the external speakers of her suit, a sound of genuine mirth behind the visage of anonymity.

"Do you think that fear of harm is what stops me from turning myself in? I am Sith, I fear no death. Only stagnation."

The flutter of her cloak fanned out around her, blowing her skirts with it, and showing that she wore scoops of crimson and copper crepe over her armorweave at her waist. She caught the signal to the quiet one to hang back and she surmised that she had a pair of master and apprentice. Her hands remained buried in her pockets as she tilted her head to the side.

"The same could be asked of you. Do you suppose I could talk you into surrender? While I have visited atrocities on many, I am a tad more pragmatic than others you may come across."

A low dropship drowned out her voice as it swooped over their heads to find its landing zone. She watched it touch down a ways from them, their focus on the garrison in the bottom of the Valley. Her attention went back to the pair.

"Everytime I'm on Ruusan, there's a fething battle. Who is it that descends upon us today?"

Objective: Become He Who Walks Behind.
Allies: Me, Myself & I
Allies: [member="Nima Tann"]

"A Sanctum fleet has entered the system, my Lord!" Thorne burst into the study of the Sith Triumvir without undue ceremony. Inside he found Carach already standing in front of the window, studying the clouds, the little specks that signified dropships and the array of defenses that were still being formed around the Citadel.

"My Lord?"
Yes?" Carach’s asked, but he seemed far away.

"Their fleet dropped out of hyperspace. Lord Adekos is rallying our fleets, Lord Orcus has summoned reinforcements to stress the enemy forces trying to strike at the Citadel, my Lord."

Moments passed and the Sith Lord said nothing in reply. This was concerning mostly because Carach always had something to say.

"My Lord, why are they attacking us?"
"Why?"
"With the One Sith just next to them…"

Now that got Carach’s attention. He pushed himself away from the glass and shot an amused glance at Thorne.

"Politics."
"Jedi play politics?"

And that brought a snort.

"Everyone plays politics, Thorne. Dromund Kaas, Galidraan: the worlds of the Sanctum are starting to worry their union is ineffective, that it can’t protect them anymore. What happens next? Threats of client-worlds breaking away and taxes unpaid. The one bastion of freedom and truth in the Galaxy… crumbling in itself."

Thorne blinked. "So…"

"So they need a quick win. A symbolic win. Something that will reaffirm that they are in control. The One Sith is decaying, but it’s too much of a risk. They can’t take that right now, no. So they look at Ruusan and the Triumvirate. A traditionally Jedi world - there is their casus belli, Sith? Always a ready target."

Carach shrugged. "They will break us here and now. A decisive win will appease the doubters and inflame the zealots. Then they will target the One Sith once the Alliance bloodies them some more."

"So what now?"
"Now?"

Luca scratched his chin and gestured towards the outside. "Do we run? Do we fight? Do we negotiate?"

The Sith Triumvir shook his head.

"You got your assignment, besides… my guest has already arrived."

Carach had visions of this day, of this very moment. Sometimes the breaking point was a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes the Sanctum fleets simply descended upon the Citadel and broke it apart from orbit and sometimes… not often and very rarely, but sometimes the Sith won the day.

But he could sense [member="Nima Tann"] now. Which meant that at least half a dozen possibilities were already struck out.

Ah well.

"Get to it, Thorne. I haven’t survived this long without at least half a dozen contingency plans."

Thorne nodded, saluted and then left the study. Only a few minutes later did the Triumvir leave himself, moving through the Citadel and into the direction of the Valley beneath.

It was time.

Allies: SSC
Enemies: ST
Objective: Another date with [member="Darth Orcus"] and possibly [member="Haytham Kaze"]
Gear: 2x blue lightsabers, Sasori Armor, Ranger Shotgun, AI Wrist Blaster, 1x standard Vibroblade

Meditations done, armor donned, weapons secured. First large scale fight in a while for the pink woman, figuring as she didn’t see much action on Balmorra aside from her daring escape aided by both [member="Zef Halo"] and a certain Sith Knight. That was certainly one way to introduce her dad and lover to eachother. Of course, that didn’t mean she hadn’t butted heads with Sith and other nasties in between then and now. Joza had made sure to recover physically from the ordeal, rebirthed in the sense that she should probably stop fething around in dive bars every other night.

That being said, when Zeltrons can’t love, they fight.

Flexing the hand of her cybernetic limb, she gave a satisfied hum as she felt the motions flow smoothly from joint to joint. Reaching down to the knife sheath her boot, the halfling retrieved a mostly smashed and misshapen cigarra carton she’d somehow managed to jam into the holster. Ugh. Only one left. Slotting the cig between two fingers, she produced a whisp of flame from her flesh hand and lit the tip. Inhale. Hold. And exhale. Glancing over at the pilot, she took note of how his features remained unchanged. Seems to not mind.

She intended for this battle would to be her re-introduction to the Sanctum. Despite shying away from Coalition space since her rescue, she hadn’t cut off all contact with its members. And now, she aimed to repay the debt she figured she owed them. Precariously placing the empty cigarra container behind some piece of equipment she could not name for the life of her, Joza glanced back at the pilot to make sure that he hadn’t caught her littering. No, he seemed too focused on winding their way through Triumvirate defenses. Good. Sliding a vibroblade into the boot sheath, she took another long drag of her cigarra.

“Nearing the drop point, miss.”

“Oh.”

Quickly snubbing her cigarette onto the torso shell of her armor, Joza didn’t notice the pilot wrinkle his nose. She’d only gotten a few puffs, hardly enough to feel anything. That was okay, though. The adrenaline was beginning to kick in.

Leaping from the ramp, Joza gathered the wind to her and steadied her descent. Instead of landing with a thud and letting her boots absorb part of the impact, she gently touched the ground and straightened out. Tapping into the SSC channel, she heard [member="Connor Harrison"]’s voice crackle of her comm in her ear, followed by [member="Jericho"]. “Joza Perl here. Just dropped in to the Valley.” As she spoke, she honed in on one particular presence that washed over her senses. Heck, she’d sensed him before they broke atmosphere. But it wasn’t unexpected. He was, after all, Orcus’ protégé.

Whatever became of today, Joza could at least be comforted by the thought that her ass looked particularly great in this set of armor.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
OBJECTIVE: Prevent whatever the Sith are planning for the area.
ALLIES: Ice the mutated wolf,SSC
ENEMIES: ST, [member="Darth Carach"]... wait are we allies now? :D
GEAR: Blue-crystal lightsaber, Red-crystal lightsaber as a backup which is gift from her deceased mother, standard armor

Ruusan. It was about time that SSC was the sword this time instead of always being the shield. One could say that the best defense was a good offense, and with new threats growing around the SSC borders, it was better to destroy the threat before it would get bigger and destroy you instead. Oh, not so necessary to say that she was indeed a different kind of Jedi that those Sith probably generalized in their heads, who always put actions more important than saying it. Everybody could say something, but when it came to action, so few could manage to do things. She, with her faithful companion Ice, was in the shuttle going towards the Valley of the Jedi, according to the mission briefings, there were Sith trying to corrupt the aura of the place. And that place, as her studies said, was a Force nexus, meaning that the Force was very strong in that area. Such power shouldn’t be in Sith hands, she thought. That’s why she was going to try her best to prevent this from happening.

“It’s not an ordinary mission this time, Ice.” She said to him as there was only a little peace before the storm. “We are going to invade Sith territory. The resistance is going to be stronger than ordinary pirates. So I want you to be careful, alright? And, I want you to stay back if we get into big trouble, and only come for help if I want you to.” He was the size of a horse, of course, and maybe she was being overly protective by saying those words to him, but she didn’t see him only as an asset for fights, but an actual friend over the years. If something happened to him... Anyway, she didn’t want to think about these things right now. Besides, Ice was a pretty strong one so he should be fine. Sensing the worry inside his caretaker, Ice slowly nuzzled her hand so that she petted him with a smile. “I know. You are going to be fine.” Sometimes she thought Ice understood her exact words. But he was an intelligent one so that wouldn’t be such a surprise. The shuttle, with the stealth equipment slowly landed to the empty area near the Valley, so that there wouldn’t be such opposition in the way.

Tick, tock, tick, tock... The shuttle doors opened and she escaped the shuttle with Ice, carefully examining her surroundings, it seemed like the battle didn’t reach here yet, so everything was still good as she had the advantage of stealth. Still, she prepared herself for a surprise attack as her hand went close towards her lightsaber. “Stay sharp. We are in no safe zone anymore.” She said, her voice contained a bit of worry still but she trusted his skills. There was a presence, from it she could feel like something was pulling her towards somewhere. Being a mentalist, she could understand that this was a sign, an open invitation from someone that she can only think as an another mentalist. And it would be pretty rude to not answer that call. So she started to move towards the voice. It could very well be a trap, but she wasn’t expecting them to play honest so that was not such a surprise, yet of course Nima wouldn’t be so careless to walk into a trap unprepared, she was ready for whatever trick the presence would play.

She signaled Ice to go help in the background as she saw fighting already started as she traversed further. She, without stopping,continued moving towards that presence she felt. Couple of minutes later, she would arrive to the scene, exactly where the presence was coming from. If Darth Carach felt like playing the overly cliche villain-hero meeting scene, his back was probably turned to her. Or, he was directly facing her, that would work too! Anyway, she immediately took her lightsaber at hand and activated it. “So, I got your invitation.” She said with a cold voice, preparing herself for defense if he tried anything funny.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Allies: [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Charlyra Araano"]
Enemies: [member="Kiran Vess"] [member="Laguz Vald"] Potentially [member="Darth Orcus"] & co

The invasion force was being deployed. So far they’d encountered little resistance as the Coalition forces disembarked.

“Ma’am, we’re getting word from our forward drones. Seems as though the enemy has setup a roadblock on the main entrance to Olmondo. They have hostages,” an officer told Tempest.

Tempest gritted her teeth in disgust. Sith.

“Alright, send forward a couple of droids and link their speakers to us.”

And so a couple of Iron Legionnaires were sent forward, weapons holstered. They walked straight down the road towards where Kiran was waiting with the hostages. They stopped about ten metres out.

Back at the LZ, Tempest handed the communicator to Siobhan. “You want to do the negotiating honours? I’ll get the troops deployed.”

Siobhan was a touch more diplomatic than her. It would be nice to avoid killing the civilians…but the hostages were probably doomed. The Coalition was not going to retreat and if it came to it they would crush all enemies before them.
Oh, the Jedi might get stressed by that, but in the end the Coalition needed people with their heads out of the clouds, people who could get things done.

Tempest therefore worked to deploy the troops. Three sections of three Hydra AA Tanks were deployed to protect against attack runs.
Infantry deployed, supplemented by several companies of tanks and artillery. The Thunderer artillery pieces in particular were famously accurate and could drop shells with great precision on targets.

If the Sith didn’t give up the hostages – and Tempest did not expect they would – well…this was war.

She snapped on her Beskar helmet and loaded her bolter. “Kei, I’m getting jamming from the city. Do you have eyes on a system or building doing the jamming?”

Enemies: [member="Cameron Centurion"], [member="Kiran Vess"], [member="Laguz Vald"], [member="Dak Canton"], any other Sithy in the city
Allies: [member="Tempest"], [member="Kei Amadis"], [member="Charlyra Araano"], [member="Cathbodua"], Sanctum people in general

46175364.jpg

And so the crusading invasion force for the Reconquista of Ruusan was deployed. The planet was a bit of an uninviting wasteland, but this state of events would not prevent the two Force magi cults from spilling plenty of blood upon its surface.

Alas, as it happened so often during wartime, innocents would be caught in the crossfire. C'est la guerre. In this particular case the enemy had decided to use hostages as a roadblock. This was unfortunate, especially for the innocents, and posed a moral dilemma. Alas, our two ladies had maxed out Renegade scores.

"Yeah, I'll take it," Siobhan said impassively. The Sith abusing civilians in such a way disgusted her. She'd prefer avoiding their deaths, but necessities of wartime took priority. Presumably they'd record everything and hypocritically brand it a war crime if the Coalition bombed the place. The Butcher was fine with being labelled that. Heavy self-propelled artillery had been deployed and awaited her order.

Since the enemy was apparently jamming communications, the battle droid would have to record her message, go to Kiran and pass it on, then come back. This was a bit tedious, but could not be helped.

And so when the droid showed up where Kiran was, it would speak this message. "This Unit has been instructed to convey this message: ''This is Countess Siobhan Kerrigan of the Silver Sanctum Coalition. Our forces have come to take possession of this city. Release the hostages and depart, or be exterminated to the last. We will not hesitate to open fire." This was not diplomatic at all.

Enemies: [member="Kiran Vess"], [member="Cameron Centurion"], @Laguz Vald, [member="Dak Canton"]
Allies: [member="Kei Amadis"], [member="Tempest"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Cathbodua"]
Objective: Release hostages, eliminate enemy forces.

Charlyra had never been to Ruusan before, and only now wished she could have seen it under different circumstances. Sometime after facing what her Masters called, 'Space Orks.' The Dark Jedi Padawan found herself accompanying them on this particular mission. A true test of her abilities without the interference of Lord Tabium or his master Darth Saprus. They had arrived at Olmondo, a city that held more sentimental value than actual purpose in her opinion. Although, the idea of Sith forces building on top of that history, and excavating it wasn't exactly a thought she liked to entertain.

As of now, her master 'negotiated' with the Sith group. Diplomacy, however; seemed to be out of her master's reach, not that it mattered to her. She paced behind both masters Kerrigan and Tempest like a dog of war awaiting to have her muzzle undone, to burst out of the kennel that caged her. Her dark red robes trailing into the wind behind her as her boots crushed the loose gravel beneath them. Lighter red robes underneath with an orange vest laid over, a yellow belt that held her holsters for both sabres.

Metallic arms laid hidden beneath the robe and per her request a breathing mechanism to keep her throat clear of any dust or particles. It was connected by a thicker armor that laid beneath her robes, connected to her body. Her fingers kept moving, hovering above her lightsabre. She had gone past the point of meditation and her anticipation of battle grew. She feasted upon the energies around her, her darkness had grown since that simple training session. Their skirmish with the left over Orks had proven the necessity of control. Control that she had yet to truly maintain, for now, she was simply a ball of rage. At least that was the unofficial term as deemed by her masters.

The dark side had allowed Charlyra to finally release all the emotions she had kept under lock and key for years. Now, at least she might have a chance to unleash it all upon these poor Sith. She could feel their presence just as she knew that they could feel hers. She was practically radiating in dark energy, her force aura was a brilliant color of purple now tipping into magenta as she paced.

Olmondo: Main Road
Allies: [member="Laguz Vald"] | [member="Cameron Centurion"] | [member="Lassiter"] | [member="Dak Canton"]
Enemies: [member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Kei Amadis"]

"Look Jeremy, someone's come to save you!." Kurt said leaning forward and speaking to the man in a whisper, keeping the barrel pressed against the back of his neck. "I don't think these are Jedi though, that might work out badly for you."

The man shuddered slightly, though Kiran decided not to comment on it.

Laguz was right in a way, he really was a brilliant motivational speaker. A part of him wished that he'd brought more of Saeva with him, but in all honesty he hadn't thought that he needed it. They had an impressive set up, much like...whatever the heck this was arrayed in front of him, but at a certain point that just seemed like overcompensation for him. Why bring an army when one a handful of guys and a shapeshifter could get the job done just as well? It freed up the Rest of Saeva to do important things, like burning innocent agriculture worlds.

Jeremy would likely disagree with that, Kiran noticing that the man was getting more and more nervous as the veritable army was beginning to file out before them. Perhaps the other man had no faith in Kiran's strategy, or perhaps he was just a coward. Hard to tell really. Kiran simply observed the ongoing procedure with interest, offering the Iron Legion Soldiers that stopped a few meters in front of them a happy little wave of greeting with his somewhat free hand. Jeremy seemed to quiver more when he realized that Kiran was waving around the dead-man's switch. Eventually there was a bit of commotion, when the droids parted and a singular drone tromped it's way towards Kiran.

The droid spoke, it's voice a monotone of a threat that somewhat lacked in delivery.

"Strong opener, I like it." Kiran said, his voice bemused.

"Okay. Counter offer." The Mercenary began, his somewhat-free hand pointing towards the droid. "Tell Countess Siobhan Kerrigan that if they leave this world with all of their forces and promise to never return I'll release all the hostages at once. In fact, they can even take them with, if they like."

Kiran looked down at Jeremy and gestured to the man. "He'd appreciate it. Also, ask her if she's single."

The droid waited for a moment, as if questioning the mercenary, then quickly turned around and began to tromp off in the other direction. Kiran smiled slightly, then simply returned his attention back towards the soldiers that were arrayed before him.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Fort Nowhere
- Enroute to Valley of the Jedi.
[member="Darth Orcus"]

"Yes, I'm sure they'll take kindly to being shot with the Gun of Command." He says, a low thoughtful hum coming from the centre of his chest as he spoke. Over the years, he had grown as one typically did, but he had done so primarily through the Force, but what he hadn't taken particularly note of was how deep his voice had gotten. No longer was the arrogant Jedi Padawan walking in these boots. No, he had grown, and not just taller.

"When it's done, do you plan on telling them to give in to the Dark Side as you had with myself, or will you turn them on each other?" A mock, or to put it better, a tease for Orcus.

He didn't hate him, he couldn't. The Herglic was more akin to a grandfather who had stepped in to raise him than an actual Master. The young Sith Knight could appreciate it, but they were still Sith.

In a way...

"As you wish, My Master."

They were still enemies.

Location: Fort Nowhere (heading towards the Valley of the Jedi)
Gear: Items in profile
Allies: [member="Darth Orcus"] and friends
Enemies: Soon

Like a sore thumb, in a crowd of upright stormtroopers moseying around. Which was appropriate, as he had a tendency of running into things. In this case, straight through the middle of a platoon. As he stepped, he twisted his torso, dodging rigid shoulders as he pushed armored men aside. Canisters lined stationary bays, loaded with munitions and attached to a power conduit. He expected it was a secondary defense system, meant to seal the canisters in the event of an explosion. Not that Loray particularly cared, for that subject or the glances he was getting as he moved to the rack containing grenades. Fingers trailed over the assortment as he began to load the bodo-baas gunbelt.

"Name, rank, battalion."

He turned his head, ever the swivel, as he looked upon a stormtrooper with a particular indifference. Ignoring the request, he turned and continued to push his hands through the munition. Somewhere between the thermal detonators and cryoban grenades, he felt the barrel press against his back. Letting out a long sigh, he lifted his hands and turned. It was then that he caught the flicker of realization, even behind the glass eyes of a helmet, that Loray wasn't exactly garbed in the typical Triumvirate armor. Slowly dropping his arms, he placed the living prosthetic hand against the barrel of the rifle.

Twisting upwards, enhanced from the inherent strength and the Augmentation system, the barrel whined as it bent upwards, effectively maiming the gun beyond repair. Perhaps it was the proximity, perhaps it was the hand now indirectly attached the person, and perhaps it was the slightest spark of force presence within the lieutenant. Combined with the saber, hidden deep with the living and hungry arm, a certain distaste crept up the back of the commander's throat. Now coupled with exasperation and shock, the stormtrooper dropped his weapon and fell to his knees. Just in time to disconnect his helmet and expel the contents of his stomach.

Loray looked down, quiet and serene, as he watched the scene unfold. Not unlike what he had seen before, an uneasiness transforming into headaches and nausea. With a step forward, avoiding the puddle of vomit, he patted the commander on the shoulder with a hidden smile, observant of the queasy expression and ravines of sweat coating his tanned forehead. The touch, once more, sent a shock through the man's body, apparent by the sudden dry heaving. Making his way back through the crowd, Loray stepped onto a shuttle unmolested, looking out towards all the armory currently being established. Tilting his head, expression hidden by the mask of the Exodus Armor, he spoke quietly to the pilot. Soft, yet stern.

"Take me to the Valley of the Jedi."

"Yes...sir." The title was reluctantly given, despite any chance to earn it. But he would change that, soon enough.

Allies: [member="Loray Tares"] | [member="Haytham Kaze"] | [member="Dagorn"]
Enemies: [member="Joza Perl"]
Equipment: Koodan battle armor | Sith Aspis | Grabthar-class Breaching Hammer | Gun of Command | Greatsaber

Orcus rolled one massive shoulder, features contemplative, then turned and accepted both shield and hammer from the decanii. The hammer he put in a strap across his back, carrying only the shield for now. The Hapan implement the boy had mentioned was strapped to his thigh. And he did indeed have plans on how to best put it to use.

"Your wit outsails safer harbors again," large teeth clacked together, "Remember who you test."

The Sith Lord flared his presence and pure aphotic power rolled out, a terrible energy. Black eyes drifted to the ceiling.

"I sense... Hmm."

The Herglic's head turned, gaze locking on the Trandoshan as he shambled up.

"Come, Dagorn, let us see who carries the highest tally at day's end."

With that, the Triumvir stomped from the room, apprentices in tow, and boarded a gunship.

"To the Valley of the Jedi, pilot.."

Moments later, the gunship swooped low into the valley. Orcus inhaled sharply as the center point of the nexus flowed over him. Power the likes of which he had never felt anywhere in the galaxy. Enough energy to work wonders with the Force.

The ride was bumpy, plagued by heart-in-mouth moments from enemy fighter craft. Flashing red bolts of laser cannons streaked by and words could scarcely be heard over the roar of the engines and the shriek of blaster bolts. The valley below was a mess of Silvers seeking to engage Sith forces near the citadel.

Orcus felt a familiar presence. Ah, the Zeltron girl.

"Bring us down right there, pilot."

"Sir-"

"Bring us down."

The pilot complied reluctantly and they took a good deal of small arms fire on the way down. As usual, Orcus seemed to ignore the danger entirely. No, that wasnt entirely true. He seemed excited by it.

The Sith Lord dismounted and the earth trembled beneath his feet. Ponderous, confident strides carried him forward.

"Miss Perl," his voice easily cut through the din of battle, rich, melodious and deep, "What a pleasant surprise."

[SIZE=9pt]Location: Approaching the Valley of the Jedi[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Gear: In Sig[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Allies: [member="Alkor Centaris"] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] SSC members[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Use the Nexus[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sitting in the dropship of a Brotherhood Dropship[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Nikias sat in his own corner of it meditating. For so long he had been a part of the Sanctum and even after disembarking on his own path to draw together others like himself he had stayed allied to them. He may not have been there during some of the trials that had tested the Sanctum[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] but he was here now… However even now the dark jedi had his own plans for joining the battle on Ruusan for the nexus that awaited them on the planet. A nexus of supposed great power[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] enough so that Nikias could finally achieve the one goal he wanted… One finger raised up unknowingly and stroked the amulet embedded into his chest and he could feel the power that radiated in it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Nikias had chosen not to ride in a Sanctum vessel so as to not endanger any of their troops the eldritch aura that the Syn talisman would’ve pointed them out long before they had landed. Nikias had spent much of his time away trying to give the Brotherhood feet to stand upon but in reality he was probably in the worst shape he’d ever been. There were black shadows beneath the Hellyni’s eyes and days’ worth of unshaved stubble on his face. The memories of those who had once been bonded to the Syn Talisman haunted him day and night. Whether it be during his slumber or training he’d often find himself dazing off and falling into a realm that was not his own. Even now a flashbacks of a battle on the planet came to the surface. A battle between great jedi and a brotherhood of Sith. Just how many have wielded this item? Nikias thought to himself before he felt the searing presence of Sorzus Syn enter his mind and break his concentration.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]More than enough… None have been as foolhardy as you. You still avoid my power,[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] unwilling to claim it as your own. That is why everything you’ve built will fall. The ones you love will die before your very eyes[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] and you will be forced to watch knowing that it was all your fault. I could’ve helped you[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] taught you the secrets of my power. Given you information that the Sith would kill for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The very same information you offer comes with a price and I do not need it. I have my own goals for you. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Nikias shot back and enforcing his willpower slowly shoving the darkside spirit back into the recesses of his mind from whence it came. “This has gone on long enough.” Nikias whispered his eyes opening. They would soon be landing and the battle would begin.[/SIZE]

Allies: Nearby SSC
Enemies: [member="Darth Orcus"], [member="Haytham Kaze"], [member="Dagorn"]
Gear: 2x blue lightsabers, Sasori Armor, Ranger Shotgun, AI Wrist Blaster, 1x standard Vibroblade

It was easy to track Haytham’s presence—natural even, with the way she could feel him move via the Force. And where he would be, she had no doubt he’d be accompanied by his Master. And so, her focus was partially drawn up towards the rapidly descending gunship. Not the brightest move, but she understood when the Sith Lord’s presence rolled over her senses.

That was quick.

Twirling one of her lit blades, the body of her lightsaber streaked around her effortlessly, dissipating errant bolts as they came. It was easy, she realized, to keep fear at bay the further away you were from danger. Not much of a revelation, but she was beyond the days of shaking in her boots at the sight of a Sith. Though alert and certainly wary, Joza was level enough now to keep her head. Hopefully, it would last.

“Lord Orcus,” She would respond in kind, turning her body towards the Sith Lord. “I could say the same, though I’m afraid this isn’t much of a surprise for me.” As she spoke, she’d wrap the Force around her—beyond that, a tight current of wind rotated around her body. An extra layer of protection, it also helped to aid her movement provided she kept her concentration up.

“I am surprised you recognized me, to be honest. Though, I feel as though I look just as good in armor as I do in a red dress.” Joza fought to keep the saccharine sweetness from her voice as a polite smile reached her face, though it didn’t quite reach her eyes. She gave her saber a few idle twirls, appraising the Sith Lord before her. She’d taken note of his two apprentices already, feeling them from beyond the hulking whale. Not so good…

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Allies: [member="Darth Orcus"] | [member="Dagorn"]
Enemies: [member="Joza Perl"], Jidai Scum

He stalked his Master, through the gunship, and down to the ground to meet the single presence that he could distinguish from the battlefield that surrounded them. His dark hood was collapsed around his person, his golden eyes never seeming to rest on one thing as his head went from side to side to take it all in. The last time he had been on a large scale battlefield had been on Togoria, there, a certain [member="Miss Blonde"] had cracked a few bones, but that had passed.

He had been alone then. Now, he had the backing of Orcus and his 'peers.' Not that he considered any of them as such. He was still arrogant, above all else.

Blinking, when Orcus addressed the Zeltron, his fury blazed.

"Why do you know each other?"

His left hand dropped, fingering the belt loop that held the lightsabre on his waist.

He wasn't intent on facing Joza, and again... He found himself at a crossroads.

Allies: [member="Loray Tares"] | [member="Dagorn"] | [member="Haytham Kaze"]
Enemies: [member="Joza Perl"]
Equipment: Koodan battle armor | Sith Aspis | Grabthar-class Breaching Hammer | Gun of Command | Greatsaber

"My dear, you do look quite lovely, however I think we've neglected to fill in poor Vanitas on our dinner."

Turning, the Herglic regarded his apprentice frankly. He could feel the sudden rage blossoming in the lad's chest. No doubt justified. Orcus could only imagine what he would feel if their circumstance were reversed. "I invited her to my station, with the intention to see what made her so intriguing to you."

A blaster bolt whinged past Orcus' head. He continued speaking, tone unchanged. "Do not take offense, I was looking out for both our interests."

Reaching out to the youth's mind in the same manner he had often done to his now deceased Drexl mount, Orcus sent telepathically, "I harbor no feelings toward the girl. I simply seek to turn an enemy into an ally, as I did with you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom