Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dread Legions

[member="Kage"] , [member="Canal"] - No one is being forced to adapt to the new iteration. Don't like it, don't change. Totally understand. Being of a certain MK/Iteration signifies nothing other than combat capability, and in some cases (like the MK III's armor) tech access. And age.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

The Original Dread Guard was probably my favorite incarnation, and one that rings true to a lot of other players of it. What if a core of this Legion was built after original DG so they can still do their thing there way?

[member="Kage"] - I'm not sure at all what you mean... There is no need for anyone to 'do their thing their way'... It's all one group.. All brothers, all fighting together with the same mission and goal. The difference in agumetics and tech and whatever is more story fluff, and there is no need to go segregating and separating, which is what it seems you suggest by your post. Just a group of soldiers of varying ability and experience who are out to make a name again and kick some butt.

[member="Kage"] - And you can do that. There isn't any strictures against that at all... We have Kix and Canal still active and fighting with us while we reform. The MK III's are just beginning to surface lore wise (there is literally one of them in service, and not exactly stable or such really), and are a way for new writerss in the story of the DG to carve their name in their own, unique, way. Or for older writers to change their story up a bit. That's all really.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Honestly all I see is a change from the Clone Trooper core of old where brothers were litterally brothers and such to space marines. I'm trying to sort out how I feel about this, and what I think of it. But I'd be lying if I said this looked cool to me. It's so different from the original the only similar part I see is vong shaping.

[member="Kage"], [member="Canal"] - The bulk of the Dreadguard forces are made up of soldiers equivalent to the original MK-I clone force. They are known as Scribes. The folks that do not want to run around in power armor, IE: Kix, Canal, and Kage, fall under this classification.

[member="Kage"] - Everyone is entitled to their opinions and their thoughts. No one is requiring you to do anything with your character you don't want to do. So I fail to see a problem. If you decide to join up, grand, we'd welcome ya! If not, good luck and we'll miss you by our side!

RP isn't about the augmetics and subs and technical specs of the unit/character. It's about the story and writers. And to say the MK III won't resemble the DG originals at all before they've really even been written is a bit unfair. It's hard to judge something unless you actually give it a chance to see what it can become and do in the wider arena of the site.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I'm only going by what I've read so far.

Original Dread Guard were vong shaped Fett Clones. Wearing clone armor. These new guys are all Space Marines, built up to be super soldiers. Asides from being Vong Shaped, they really won't be like the originals. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just, it's like seeing your favorite movie of all time remastered to keep the same story, but look very, very different.

Kiyron

K
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I think Kiyron would need a lot more than that to hit that seven foot mark. He's pretty small, which works well for him and his specialties of sneakity-sneak-observation-pewpew-sneak.

[member="Kiyron"] - Yup, and as the sub for MK III states, what you are good at when you undergo the augmetics is what is enhanced. So if you're a smaller guy? Well, you will obviously still remain small for a Dreadguard (Exact height is variant obviously). If you're sneaky? I wouldn't be surprised, as you adjust to the changes wrought in the augmetic conditioning process, to see you come out less physically strong, but more agile and fast and better balanced and such than a standard MK III, thus naturally pushing you right to the same role you fit into already.

And if you're a stealthy type sniper? Well, when/if you join and we get your armor and such crafted and tailored to you (as each new set of DG armor will be individually made and attuned/customized for the wearer), you'll probably find it has things on it like active camo, or a personal stealth device, micro-droid processors in a HUD uplink to assist with aiming (basically a mini-droid spotter almost), and other funky features to make sure your character is still the style/flavor and warrior you wrote him to be before he joined us.

And once you get assigned to a mission or squad or what have you? Again, don't be surprised to see your brothers recognize your talents, and bring you before the Forge Lord (*ahem* That is me ;) ) and request different, personalized weaponry beyond the stock sniper rifle or whatever have you. There is a lot of work going into this new launch, and that includes not just this species sub, not just the fleshing out of the ranks. There will be a host of regular 'standard' gear to fit every warriors specialization/wet dream (eventually) and as you gain experience and develop in the Legion, just like any other military outfit, you'll wind up finding rarer and stronger toys awarded to you. But I intend to make it so our standard issue toys are the envy of everyone even ;)

The DG armors, particularly the MK III by design, will be rigorously field tested with your brothers in training or side-ops (re: regular faction campaigns/events to help dev custom suits of armor and grow us together as a group in a bond of combat). As well, these events may be multi-day, or week long or more operations ICly... And what do soldiers do in their down-time while out in the field? They tell stories, they form relationships and bonds and rivalries and more. All the hallmarks of the original DG that we wanted to make sure were emphasized and included in this revivification will be present. That much I promise you.

Ijaat Akun said:
[member="Kiyron"] - Yup, and as the sub for MK III states, what you are good at when you undergo the augmetics is what is enhanced. So if you're a smaller guy? Well, you will obviously still remain small for a Dreadguard (Exact height is variant obviously). If you're sneaky? I wouldn't be surprised, as you adjust to the changes wrought in the augmetic conditioning process, to see you come out less physically strong, but more agile and fast and better balanced and such than a standard MK III, thus naturally pushing you right to the same role you fit into already. And if you're a stealthy type sniper? Well, when/if you join and we get your armor and such crafted and tailored to you (as each new set of DG armor will be individually made and attuned/customized for the wearer), you'll probably find it has things on it like active camo, or a personal stealth device, micro-droid processors in a HUD uplink to assist with aiming (basically a mini-droid spotter almost), and other funky features to make sure your character is still the style/flavor and warrior you wrote him to be before he joined us.
That is not something I understood from the original post, and I'm glad it was said.

I'm down for joinin. Though, Kage's already a Super Soldier so I'm not sure if going to MK III would even work.

[member="Kage"] - I edited the post you quoted a lot to further expand on the idea I was trying to highlight. So you'll see the desire to individualize and maintain uniqueness amongst the MK III is paramount to the project.

As for the Kratos Super Soldier bit? Well, it's there. But, I'll be honest with you. I didn't write out the exact surgical procedures and manipulations that take place to make a MK III iteration Dreadguard, because frankly it's a LOT of stuff. Yes, I do have a general idea in my head (because it would be a dearly held wish of mine to RP out the mad scientist in Ijaat and preside over the actual thread detailing a creation of one, and they may even want it for our pending species sub), but I didn't want to overload things with details. Suffice to say, the procedures take weeks if not months to be fully wrought, as some of the augmentations will need to be implemented before others, and the body will need to heal and accept/reject the augmetics before the next phase.

Long story short? If you want to be a MK III, I will science the hell out of you and make you one... I do not exaggerate when I say that when I took this project on I dug into every super soldier fandom I could find (Captain America style, Winter Soldier, Space Marine, Terran Marine, Adeptus Custodes, Grey Knights, etc.. etc..) to lift techniques, ideas, and quirks from. This is just the tip of the iceberg as to what the MK III wil be able to become.

Kiyron

K
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

That all makes a lot of sense, and sounds really fun to write out. Maybe even make a new signature that says "The Smallest Dreadguard." He might even be able to scrape past six feet tall with this.

[member="Kage"] - Honestly? The base armor and the core group of the new MK III's will look like marines. But I am sure we could work on something different once we get to getting you personalized armor. So far as size, you're going to bulk up some, just unavoidable. But for you specifically, and other MK I's and such that want to retain a more human style? We can work on something of a compromise or some such, possibly. That will need to wait until the MK III sub is approved and we know what we're working with though, if that is cool.

[member="Kage"] - Black Templar Neophytes and Space Wolf Scouts (though the latter are very unfitting for SWRP setting in my opinion) are physically supposed to be the same size as Space Marines (or an in-between stage of humans and marine, depends on the source, so we can go w/ in-between for you) and are much more lightly armored. Might work better for you? For now we can say, for your, due to the Kratos serum, the augmetics are trying to reject, and so we have halted your 'upgrade' to the MK III iteration until proper attention can be paid to your problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom