Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dog Days Are Over

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Judah chuckled slightly, watching the sharp knife slice through the tomato. Ocean blue gaze took in every process of the sandwich making process, curious and slightly agitated from not being allowed to help. He really should have argued his case better, maybe it would have gone a different direction. Resting his elbows against the table,hand reached out and grabbed a piece of the roasted nerf to snack on.

"Being around two ladies all the time has its advantages. I certainly wouldn't find time to complain."

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

"I could imagine," Chloe would chuckle out, giving Judah a friendly wink. "But it only means that the duties in the galley get rotated out." she explained, cutting up the vegetables for the sandwiches. There was something soothing about making a sandwich. Making it for someone else only increased that pleasent feeling. It was due to simply being around folk one could talk to. Socialize. Humans were social creatures, and being around others not only helped the mind but the soul as well.

"Means I don't have to do that many dishes," the impish way that she said so was enough to prompt a few chuckles or snorts.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"So what you're trying to tell me is if I ever fly with you, I'm stuck on dish duty? I'll bring disposable."

Feet adjusted on the stool, adjusting his position into a more relaxed one. Eyes drifted back onto the mayonnaise container, making sure the white goop was keeping a great distance away from him. A question was stuck at the forefront of his brain, one he had been tempted to ask recently. Part of him felt it was a little forward, a little too private to ask. Curiosity was getting the better of him.

"How do you deal when you fly by yourself for long periods of time? Must be hard....knowing you're kind of 'it' on certain stretches.." Hand came up to stop Miss Blake though. "Feel free not to answer....just a timely topic for myself. Musing out loud I suppose."

"Maybe," the twinkle in her impish sky blue eyes was enough to say that it was very likely.

"Depends, on what other skills you have!" finishing up with one sandwich, the Warden took a large knife. Carefully she held the sandwich down and sliced it diagonally. It slide easily, providing two halves for Judah to enjoy. Pushing the plate over to the Dashiell, she began on Ilias' sandwich.

Now the next question hit a heartstring. Yeah, it had been hard. Judah and Ilias would be able to tell as her hand slowed in her selection of another two slices of bread.

"Yeah can be... used to it, though." she added.

"Though things are better now," her smile was sunny, but it was clear that it had affected her some in the past.

"But I've been traveling by myself since I was sixteen."

"I think you'd find my skill set very surprising Miss Blake."

Plate was pushed toward him with Judah giving the sandwich a once over. Hand went and overturned the bread just to make one final assurance that [member="Chloe Blake"] wasn't trying to poison him with mayonnaise. Satisfied with the lack of the goopy condiment, Judah could eat in sandwich.

Biting into the roast nerf sandwich, he nodded at the mention of traveling alone. How rough it could get. He seemed to strike a bit of a nerve and immediately felt terrible for even asking. Like he had intruded on her privacy in some odd way.

"My apologies....didn't mean to stir up some emotions. Nice to hear things are looking better for you. Couldn't ask for more I suppose."

"Oh that so?" there was no pause in her quip, attempting to at least bring back a little cheer. She shook her blonde head, granting him an encouraging smile.

"It's fine." she assured him, working on the sandwich for Ilias next. The Jedi had become a bit quiet, but small talk was the best medicine to keep folk happy.

"So what are you plans then Judah?" she inquired, big blue eyes directed his way. It was nice that he was taking good, big bites off his sandwich. There was always something neat about watching someone eat with a healthy appetite. Her nose gave a little twitch in pleasure.

"You've a temple here-- plus Witchtown not too far."

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"Plans....I don't know if I really have any. I can see why the Mandos dumped Yavin IV. Lots of Jedi red tape seems to be involved. Not that I have no intention of kicking out a pack of school children. Suppose I can view it as a bit of a landlord type of situation. Might make more sense in my head if I keep the relationship separated in such a manner."

Another bite of his sandwich. It was clear he was thinking. What were his plans?

"I don't know. Its not technically my Temple by the way.....Maybe a bit of salvage, a Salacia outpost or the like. Other than that....You seem to be in charge of this place, you tell me."

"Well, from what I can tell -" blue eyes darted over to Ilias, "And you can correct me if'n I'm wrong, the Academy is a bit different with all that."

"Ain't the Silver Jedi Order, nor the Republic, or whatever have you." she would explain to the man, spreading a thin layer of mayo onto the next sandwich for the Master beside her.

"Ain't no burlap brigade that's for sure." that was said with a bit of mischief in her sky blue eyes. A waggle of her blonde brows came next.

"Just here to give folk some schoolin' and such. Your basic how do life and what's right and wrong. Or as my granddaddy would say, school of life." she added, grin splitting her face in two.

[member="Chloe Blake"]

"School of life? What does that include? Dropping the poor little ones off in the middle of a jungle? Its an isolating environment. Are you sure the students are safe here? This hasn't been the most stable of regions. Things happen here that make me second guess myself."

A slight pause, Judah mulled over a few things in his head.

"I can give you a new school, if you have the need. Or want."

Chloe gave a slight blink at that. She wasn't so sure if Judah was being serious or not. With his token expressions it was a bit hard to read. None the less, the blonde kept her lightsmile.

"Not quite." a small shrug followed along with an incline of her head.

"Well, not really sure of the full curriculum here." that's when she began to elaborate.

"The Jedy Academy is more a collection of various Houses." she set a tomato and cheese on the sandwich in front of her.

"Each one is focused generally on one area, but there are general studies as well." a bit of mayo was left on her thumb, which she promptly slipped into her mouth to lick it off.

"Yavin is just the main base perse." sky blue eyes rose to meet Judah's.

"I reckon that's appreciated, but that's up to Mti." speaking of the HeadMaster.

"I'm sure you'll be talking to her some." Chloe added, granting a small smile.

When Chloe set to making his sandwich, Ilias had already been up, the kettle having come to a boil, and had put his tea to the steep. Arms folded over his chest and effecting a lean on the counter, he followed the words that spoke of the blonde's knowledge of the Academy's workings.

"M'ti is a very wise and insightful soul, her counsel is valuable. Don't hesitate to talk to her if you need," he said, looking to Judah, "and Miss Blake has the right of it. In other words, the Yavin Academy is the 'central' hub of a network of affiliated temples, enclaves, and so on, within the purview of galactic governments, and without."

Tea steeped, he lifted the mesh basket out of the mug, and set it on a saucer. With a touch of sweetness added to his tea, he carried the mug back to the table, and sat right where he had been just a few minutes prior, taking a sip.

"As far as safety is concerned, those that people this temple have a responsibility to its protection, and the protection of those that are not yet suited to the task - really, a typical feature of any temple that has life in it. In addition, this temple has connections, those that see to it that the academy network's vision endures. If anything should happen that endangers our life here..." he paused, a light smile bending his lips, "...well, word travels faster than light itself."

[member="Chloe Blake"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

[member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="Chloe Blake"]

"M'ti sounds quite interesting, I'll have to take her counsel into consideration in the near future. One could never have too much insight, too much advice from other sources. Good to get a multifaceted view of the 'verse."

Sandwich finished, he listened to the Jedi speak on their location, security and the like. Personally he had never been one to overly worry about the Jedi. Some of his views bordered on the negative as a whole, partly due to experiences in his own life. Partly from observations from his time expanding the company in the Silver Sanctum territories. Instead a 'hmn' sufficed enough for conversation in his opinion, there was no need to go deep into details.

His comm chirped and he reached into his pocket to fish it out, starting to read.

"Excuse me, Miss Blake, Master Nytrau."

A few curious facial expressions later and some furious typing on his end, Judah slowly stood up, eyes still partially glued to the device. Business was never finished. Sometimes it seemed like a never ending tropical cyclone with respite found in the eye from time to time.

"My apologies, something off planet needs my attention immediately. I hate to eat and run...Please forward anything you wanted to squeeze in his meeting to myself. Otherwise I should see the pair of you around from time to time. Again, thank you for the hospitality."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom